Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Strength Abusing Noobs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Strength Abusing Noobs
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/28/2011 8:02:51   
voidance

Your sadly mistaken, im a mage with 5 focus/support build and i win most times. It's called defence matrix =D
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
2/28/2011 9:53:27   
Darkm

@Evric I remember when I had 184 hp, good times.

Anyway, str merc doesn't require much thinking when it comes to the first two moves, though if any of those misses and if he's some boosters so does he/she have to activite the brain.
Though, I wouldn't say the same about BH, they do need a bit more thinking.

~Matte
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/28/2011 10:19:05   
PivotalDisorder

http://www.epicduelwiki.com/index.php/How_Things_Are_Calculated
quote:

If a defender is stunned, then the defender has a 0% chance to block.

incase anyone wanted to see it in writing

yes those mercs can be cheap and thats why you get hundreds of trolling kids rolling them but being cheap
doesnt mean that you cant get skilled players playing them. just its very easy to tell the difference :)

you EMP the trolling type and they start abusing u and take longer to decide what do do next.
the pros adjust and can still beat you down, or at least make choices that lead to a competitive fight.

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 2/28/2011 10:20:44 >
Post #: 53
2/28/2011 10:27:42   
voidance

Or you could just shield up, they sidearm, you malfunction, then strike, you sidearm, they try to stun(if it works the rage berserker will kill you), if not just aux they die. Thats what i do.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
2/28/2011 11:00:17   
5rr5
Banned

NO ONE CARES ABOUT STR !!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
2/28/2011 14:52:11   
voidance

Yea thats why there is 3 pages on this topic so far?
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
2/28/2011 15:00:25   
PhoenixGladiator

@5rr5
Thank you for that well thought out and insightful comment.

Anyways, I find it interesting that people are so quick to gang up on strength builds. Every single other stat is abused in at least 1 "OP" build:
Strength Bounty/Merc
Tech Merc
Dex Bounty
Supp Mage/Merc/BH

People just nerd rage about strength because it kills quickly. (And they feel cheated when they get defeated by one)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
2/28/2011 15:11:42   
TurkishIncubus

Today i got 99,16 % win rate , guess who i lost 1 battle , I won all Varium players including Bluebird he is one of the str build user and a good player(i played long and he give up in the end but still i won :D ) , i lost to a NonVarium STR Merc , He started the battle with 33 supp(i got 94 , you can see the unfairness) than he did Maul(stun with %20 def ignore) i stuned with 94 supp(idk but in explanation it writes support decrease stun chance :S) than he Zerker in total he did 111 hp dmg in 2 hits and i got 110 hp

I lost unfairly but i still think Game is Balanced finaly.

Epic  Post #: 58
2/28/2011 15:16:34   
Nebula

^That makes no sense whatsoever. You're saying the game is 'finally' balanced because you won almost every single fight you played in a day, and if you can't do that its unbalanced? Balance would be if every class had an equal chance at winning against another. There hasn't been any balance update, so you calling the game balanced out of the blue makes no sense.

I'm using a max supercharge build right now ( just for fun, I didn't put much thought into it considering Matgun gave me it as an NPC build ) and Str Hunters kill me easily, as you'd expect. But with a regular build that I put thought into I do alright against them with Matrix and decent resistance ( assuming they have an energy sidearm ).

About Heal Loopers 'not doing the same thing every battle.' They did. They heal looped their way to victory every single fight. If they mafled or used their aux at a different time in one battle that in a different one, doesn't mean they aren't using the exact same strategy. Some str hunters play differently that others, especially when their energy is drained they have to think about smoking/using massacre/using cheapshot and whatnot.

< Message edited by Nebula -- 2/28/2011 15:23:11 >
Post #: 59
2/28/2011 15:42:38   
TurkishIncubus

^ i win them because they all played wrong and i did a lot NPC like 60-70 wins and there is non variums + i didnt say that because there is no balance update if admins do a balance update i will still think game was balanced before update.If i play more my ratio will decrease dont worry :) if ppl play right all classes have equal chance its my personal idea , you can think different

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/28/2011 15:45:09 >
Epic  Post #: 60
2/28/2011 15:54:55   
8x

Well, true balance is when everyone has 50% win rate.
Epic  Post #: 61
2/28/2011 16:08:29   
TurkishIncubus

^ than the builds will be no important , what ever you do you will have %50 win rate :S , for me balance is when ppl can choose their class without thinking which of them is more powerfull.Ppl think mages is Uped but i dont think like that , now all classes has equal power , i can do +%90 win rate with all classes.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/28/2011 16:10:59 >
Epic  Post #: 62
2/28/2011 16:18:13   
Nebula

I think every kind of build needs to have a chance of having a high win %, within reason. A build like Dex Merc is never going to get anywhere in the world of EpicDuel. Just like a Str Mage would never work out as neither of those builds have the resources. But builds like Caster Mages need a chance.

This game is ruled by stat abusers like Str BHs and Str Mercs and Supp Mercs. 5 focus works too but not for every kind of build.
Post #: 63
2/28/2011 16:32:51   
voidance

@PhoenixGladiator
I dont have much problem beating a strength merc but still doesnt mean they arnt overpowered, Being able to kill someone b4 they can attack is both lucky and overpowered, because 1. If you can do that amount of damage you have low support which means you should go second but in most cases they dont and 2. being able to hit a 40-50 and if you stun you have a 100% chance to hit a 70-100 next turn.
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
2/28/2011 21:02:21   
Wandering Guardian

'I'm sick of x class abusing x stat'

Again? Are you serious? How many threads like this are you guys going to create? You realise that while mentioning a problem may eventually get it fixed (for example dex req. added to artillery and it's potential decreased) a day later someone else will come along saying something else is 'noobish' and 'OP'.

Why bother?

~WG
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
2/28/2011 21:02:35   
King FrostLich

The truth in str builds....is that they can also get pwned by level 27 caster mages which I am right now laughing of this lvl 28 mage killing Epicness in facebook .
Epic  Post #: 66
2/28/2011 21:45:17   
edwardvulture

quote:

'I'm sick of x class abusing x stat'

Again? Are you serious? How many threads like this are you guys going to create? You realise that while mentioning a problem may eventually get it fixed (for example dex req. added to artillery and it's potential decreased) a day later someone else will come along saying something else is 'noobish' and 'OP'.

Why bother?

~WG

Says a strength abuser. You don't want this to be changed because you want all those mindless fast kills.
This is not a class problem strength is screwed up for all classes except mage.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
2/28/2011 22:22:12   
PhoenixGladiator

^ lol strength does nothing but increase damage. You can't say that strength as a stat is op since it provides the least amounts of benefits out of any stat. It's the skills of certain classes coupled with strength that everyone is whining about.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
2/28/2011 23:13:00   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

When are they going to do something about these stupid strength abusing Merc. They dont have to put any skill into there builds yet they can 2 turn some without any given effort.

here is the first post for you to read again Phoenixgladiator
Post #: 69
3/1/2011 0:12:48   
Lectrix

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Unfortunately, that's a bit of a challenge if you're a Tech Mage... oh well, guess I'll just show everyone what Tech Mage brains are made of!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
3/1/2011 10:59:54   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

A strength build does have its benefits- you kill quick, but since you're usually sacrificing defense for damage, you die pretty quickly too, especially since most mercenaries who abuse strength leave their energy defenses wide open.

I personally prefer a defensive/tank build (as a bounty hunter of all things), and don't depend on strength for anything other than weapons requirements. Caster mages are also particularly powerful against strength mercenaries.
Post #: 71
3/1/2011 11:04:47   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I've begun to notice that Cindererlla, i think "oh shoot, it has 100+ STR there's no why i'm going to win" then i take a quick gander at their energy defence and i'm like "bingo, a weakness!"
Most of the time i get the Stunzerk combo dealt to me, i'm lucky most of the time and don't get stunned, or some other times the 'zerk happens to get blocked and i'm all: :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
3/1/2011 11:21:09   
Larcell

^ Ditto what Digital X said.

They have a major weakness. And like you, sometimes I get lucky to not be stunned.

1. Anyway, I found a good fix to help me against STR BHS, SUP MERCS, and STR MERCS:
~+ 8 Defense Armor with Max Hybrid with good dex (45+15)
~ +5 focus build with emphasis on Tech and Str (Str is 45+23 [+32 damaging Frostwrath as primary] and Tech is 45+39)
~ Assault Bot for debuffing a debuff
~ Lvl 4 Intimidate (-28 str)
~93 HP

Def 20-24 +8 +1 (+13) [this is awesome because support mercs have max multi]
Res 31-38 + 1

It's a Tank/Str build.

< Message edited by Larcell -- 3/1/2011 11:23:59 >

Epic  Post #: 73
3/1/2011 11:22:35   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I use the 5 Focus build. It doesn't have a great deal of health but having Hybrid Armour max sure helps against the nasty Physicals.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
3/1/2011 12:57:34   
TurkishIncubus

Why STR Abuse Mercs Start Before me and How they can deflect My Aux with 28 support ????
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Strength Abusing Noobs
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition