Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Strength Abusing Noobs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Strength Abusing Noobs
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2011 1:09:13   
voidance

Yea i wouldn't call it noob either, its more of a cheap build.
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
3/4/2011 5:08:16   
B345T

Oh god I'd better rack up the wins with my strength build before they nerf me again ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
3/4/2011 5:09:06   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Haha, be quick! :P

Wait, nerf again? when was the first time?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
3/4/2011 5:13:48   
charwelly

I don't rember then nerfing str mercs?

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 104
3/4/2011 10:32:36   
voidance

I think what he means is he abused some kind of other type of Oped build and it got nerf'd. (Idk if you noticed but Dax and Donna matrix are pretty good about switching to the class that has the most abusive build's)
AQW Epic  Post #: 105
3/4/2011 18:53:23   
Dusty2050

I'm a support bounty, and I feel that strength abusing players aren't noobs. Even though I will lose to some of them, my reaction isn't to start a thread about how they are noobs. I personally would spend that time thinking about how to improve my build to accommodate the sheer power of a strength build while still holding my own against other builds.

It's that balance of countering every build that makes a flexible build good.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 106
3/4/2011 18:59:45   
B345T

Although it does seem all of the old heal loopers and 150HP bounty hunters are the ones complaining about mercenaries all of a sudden.
I never complained before class change about heal looping and you strength bounty's, so why now that mercenaries finally get a step in the spotlight, you flood the forums until the dev's have no option but to nerf us?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
3/4/2011 19:02:09   
Algorithm

I don't see nothing wrong with strength abusers, quite frankly their easy in my opinion.

Legion > Exile
Post #: 108
3/4/2011 20:52:33   
Dax
Remember The Name

So the theme of this thread is people who use strength are noobs? No build and no strategy makes the users of it noobs.

With regards to strength bounties: After shadow arts and bloodlust received a requirement most of the varium bounties either jumped ship and class changed or switched to focus. But for certain reasons I stayed as a strength bounty and developed a new build that was still very effective even after the addition of the requirements making use of the newly freed up skill points that were available after I chose to reduce my passives rather then change my stat layout to good use in my skill tree most notably by adding 3 massacre and extra EP that gave me immunity from assimilate. I developed that build and proved that in spite of assertions that bounties could no longer compete, that there were good builds out there for a strength bounty. After I had rampaged for a couple days users such as Comicalbiker(bluebird), Vix, Ice Wolf, and Rafiki among others switched back to bounty and adopted my build either stat for stat or close to it. However I'm not here to defend my usage of the build that many have copied and that some consider "abusive". Simply put, I compete to the best of my ability using the current game mechanics. I evolve and move on. Because I could not put it any more eloquently then someone before me as done, I will simply quote him:

quote:

Winning is right. Losing is wrong. If you aren't losing with your build/strat then you know that your game philosophy is right. Abusable mechanics will always be present. As competitive gamers, it is our job to figure out what these are and to play them to our advantage. These are the reasons why I purchased Frostbane so long ago and experimented with countless builds in an effort to find the build that would for the present give me the greatest chance at victory against the greatest number of players. These are the reasons why I upgraded my f2p mage when Azrael came out. Either constantly evolve or go extinct. For the present, I feel that mages are the strongest. I do about 97% wins on Moesha vs. random players (yes I keep track of the number of npcs killed for the day and calculate my day's pvp %) which I don't think I'd be able to do on Shaniqua. As Daphne pointed out, focus dmg has nerfed loop heal mages a bit. In response, I abaundoned that strategy. Focus dmg has also nerfed strength. Thankfully, none of Moesha's gear has any +str allowing me to make a very efficient build that takes advantage of focus dmg. I must be completely exasperated with reading these sorts of posts to deign to respond, but I felt I had to say this: It doesn't matter how strong you think your strategy is. If you're losing, you're wrong. Evolve or die.

~Shaniqua

< Message edited by Dax -- 3/4/2011 20:54:00 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
3/4/2011 21:00:39   
truc

@Dax:
Well, I'm a mage and I average 70% on average as a non varium.
I can't abuse support because my defense and tech will be low.
Since shadow arts, and other strength builds came out I was upset.
Well if you have high health and high strength it will be powerful-- not to forget massacre, blood-lust, and loads of blocks.

I want changes.

Epic  Post #: 110
3/4/2011 21:47:45   
voidance

@Dax
The only reason you dont like this thread is because you and 90% of your faction use one of those strength "copy and paste to win builds".
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
3/4/2011 23:34:55   
eragonshadeslayer67

^ L-O-L u shot the bullet right on the spot!

Str builds are quite fun as I am using one right now (merc) but I use it mainly for NPCs (quite a fast NPC killer) but I don't thin ktheir OPed, I mean I've fought epicness, a huge str build countless times, and haven't lost once with my 2 vs 2 build, BH str builds however are on an entirely different level of power, combined with a decent emp, it IS OVERPOWERED, nothing dax can ever say or show in a spreadsheet can deny this cold hard fact

also, the 3 top people on the LBs never did ANY adjusting, they switched their skills around and dumped extra points on some other skill, the true warriors that have adapted AND evolved are MAGES, the new phys. armor, phys. prim, energy gun and zooka build is absolutely lethal and that is what you call adapting

< Message edited by eragonshadeslayer67 -- 3/4/2011 23:37:30 >

{AQW} Click for full guide to the Tower of NEcromancy! Lvs 0-10!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 112
3/5/2011 2:14:43   
King FrostLich

People, PEOPLE!!! Stop with all this so called whining of strength people. You know what...if you can't kill people in 1v1, why not NPC?!! I still cant believe you all say NPC may be boring yet you just get the same amount of credits, influence and tokens when you fight people and defeat them. Here's one simple solution: Stop whining, do NPC's, and most importantly, let those other str hunters/mercenaries just go to 1v1 and kill each other and we'll see whose gonna whine more often while those who NPC will be happy and gain credits faster.

< Message edited by FrostLich -- 3/5/2011 2:16:44 >
Epic  Post #: 113
3/5/2011 2:41:33   
voidance

I agree with Frostlich, if you cant win 1v1 do NPC's but i dont have a problem winning its just the fact ik the build is Oped so why not bring it up?
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
3/5/2011 3:12:02   
TurkishIncubus

@Dax

There is nothing wrong with STR BH , all BHs use 80 str or something like that , its a normal build not a abuse build. The STR abusers is Mercs they have +130 str which is too much and Mages dont have something like SA so we cant block them easyly.Some of them win us in 2 hits , Stun + berserker , we will lose without doing anything , can you see the unfairness.

Epic  Post #: 115
4/2/2011 22:01:00   
LunarWarlord

I agree with that, my kill to death ratio has been going down due to str. Merc. And most of the time they kill me in two turns, and there stin maxed out does 40 % chance to stun. Thats a very high chance to stun...

AQW Epic  Post #: 116
4/2/2011 22:10:00   
goldslayer1

quote:

There is nothing wrong with STR BH , all BHs use 80 str or something like that , its a normal build not a abuse build. The STR abusers is Mercs they have +130 str which is too much and Mages dont have something like SA so we cant block them easyly.Some of them win us in 2 hits , Stun + berserker , we will lose without doing anything , can you see the unfairness.

obviously u haven't put ur self in the shoes of a strength merc.
and btw that 80 strength and 81-87 dex BH build is more OPed than str merc.
that build can win almost just as fast. and have a WAY bigger winrate than strength mercs.
in the end strength merc are the OPed ones?
open ur eyes and realize that we loose just as fast as we win.
and BH however takes alot longer to kill. and if u are a strength merc or were, then u should know this is true.

quote:

maxed out does 40 % chance to stun. Thats a very high chance to stun...

max out Shadow arts and u also have 40% stun rate on BH and guess what. its also unblockable for BH.
so BH have a good stun, and its unblockable. and again we are the OPed ones?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/2/2011 22:11:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 117
4/2/2011 22:30:59   
LunarWarlord

Even if i do max out shadow arts there is still a 30 percent chance. And if they do stun, they can get over 75 damage on us, its a two kill KO. And what if i was a tech mage? Then it is a 40 percent chance to stun, and btw we have no move that gives us a 40 % stun rate, that highest chance we have is 25 percent stun rate

Sig removed. Please only use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 4/3/2011 20:29:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
4/2/2011 22:34:34   
Competition

@Stun discussion:

If you've noticed, STR Mercs have EXTREMELY low support. So that means their stun chance would be lowered by a lot. And a quote from
=ED= Formulas and Calculations
:

quote:

The chance to stun another player will now be reduced if the defender has higher Support than the attacker.
The defender will reduce the chance to be stunned by 1% for every 4 points of Support they have more than the attacker.

The maximum any stun can be reduced will be 12%.
If the attacker has more support than the defender, the attacker will NOT increase the chance to stun the defender.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 119
4/2/2011 22:37:47   
goldslayer1

quote:

Stun Grenade: Inflicts physical damage with a 30% base chance to stun the enemy

quote:

Shadow Arts: Passively increases your chance to block, and chance to stun the enemy

i just got that from the wiki as proof
next time get the facts straight before posting.
and heres the link btw
bounty hunters
also ur saying as if 40% is alot. we have low support so its also lowered.
and our stun is blockable
unlike BH stun which cant be blocked.
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
4/2/2011 22:37:57   
edwardvulture

It certainly doesn't feel like that. I've got stun from a level 1 maul with minimal support. It seems the chance hugely increases with strength. (just an obvservation the harder your stun hits the more likely it stuns)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 121
4/2/2011 22:43:26   
LunarWarlord

Lol sorry, i didnt check wiki xD but either way it is a around a two hit kill. They need to do some thing just to control the str merces, like put req. On hybird armor, like they did with shadow arts, and bloodlust..

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 4/3/2011 20:29:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 122
4/2/2011 22:50:09   
goldslayer1

@chasten
its not 2 hit kills against BH or mage. because most mages have high support
and most BH have 45%+ block when they smoke
now i use 25% chance to stun,
lets subtract this,
minus 45%+ less hits against BH. and only 25% chance to stun
its pretty low if u ask me.
even if we do hit them, there no guarantee that it will stun.
so basicaly the chance of maul stunning a BH is pretty LOW. like 10% low
and against mages. they have high support so that basicaly brings our stun chance to like 5%.
i hardly ever stun a tech mage with 80+ support.
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
4/2/2011 22:58:43   
LunarWarlord

yeah a tech mage with 80+ support, not every mage has that much support, and merces kill me all the time because of their str builds, and it happends to alot of people not just me, it bring peoples win ratio down as well.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 4/3/2011 20:30:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
4/3/2011 0:23:06   
goldslayer1

@chasten
and a BH with
Hp: 125
energy: 59
strength: 42 +42
dex: 54 +33
Tech: 30 +18
support: 30
doesn't?

theres a reason why the 8 players that are on the all time leaderboards use that build.
its almost just as fast as strength merc. and can win at 90%+ winrate
while strength mercs are 80%
i still dont see how its OP seeing how BH easily beat str mercs.

also as for mages
any mage can beat a strengh merc if they play right.
have decent dex. a good technician and a good heal. then malf, gun, aux. and the strengh merc is dead.
ur making a big deal out of a build that isn't that OP only because u dont put urself in the same shoes as strength mercs.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/3/2011 0:24:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Strength Abusing Noobs
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition