Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Should the game show us our % to block,crit,deflect and go first?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Should the game show us our % to block,crit,deflect and go first?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2011 17:29:08   
IsaiahtheMage

I think it should.I mean I am sick of having to do all this math in 15 seconds I want it to straight up tell me my chances.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/4/2011 17:35:04   
Gree

I dont think so, thats actually one of the things that can give you an edge in battle, that actually feels like one of the last skillful parts of the game. How fast can you do the math? What is the optimal attack? Will this enemy have a better chance of blocking or deflecting my attacks? Is it better to dish out a lower damage to make sure my enemy cant mitigate it through negation?
Post #: 2
3/4/2011 17:40:15   
IsaiahtheMage

@above I dont get what you mean.Why would you not want to see your chances?You will have to all this math in like 12 seconds and use the last 3 to click on the button.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/4/2011 17:47:20   
B9000

I agree with Gree on this one. The game is already overloaded with players that have cut 'n paste builds, stat abusers, and large limitations on build creativity. Tactical choice making (largely influenced by your stats relative to your opponents') is really what little is left of actual skill in this game. Having people copy builds, and the game 'recommend' their moves (by indicating which is the smarter choice) would probably make the game depressingly dull and thoughtless.

Isaiah, you shouldn't wait until you are ready to do a specific move to do your calculations, start doing them all from when the battle starts, the main time limitation is on your first move. I think that keeping some sort of record might be fun/interesting. Perhaps putting a record for % of first strike, blocks, stuns, and crits on the character page would be a good idea. This would also help players see the bigger picture when considering overall luck factors, rather then the last few lucky or frustrating battles they've had.

< Message edited by B9000 -- 3/4/2011 17:56:27 >
Epic  Post #: 4
3/4/2011 17:49:18   
Gree

why not just have option where the computer calculates all that for you and then just selects the skill or attack that would be the best choice given the stats of the enemy. Consider it good exercise for your brain that the more fluently you understand the math the faster the comprehension time is and the more time you can have to push the button. The only time i struggle to do all the math is sometimes in 2v2 when i go first against similarly geared opponents.
Post #: 5
3/4/2011 18:21:23   
eragonshadeslayer67

^exactly, why not make ED a robotic RPG where your builds are chosen for you and you only face opponents who you can defeat that'd be fun [not]

why don't you calculate your own chances, I mean def/crits/blocks are all just random factors and if you lay out the %'s then people would just get more furious when someone with 1% chance of deflection deflects their rage
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
3/5/2011 0:33:28   
Xxbbooxx

i agree with isiah. we should be able to see our chance to crit, block and defend, but not go first, because 90% of the time the lowest level goes first, even with 100 support
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/5/2011 0:57:59   
sky222

@everyone who is not supporting:
Set a stopwatch and start it as soon as you highlight the spoiler(spoiler is not a spoiler but a challenge) and calculate the answers as fast as possible.Do not stop stopwatch till you answered all questions....
spoiler:

Your dex:37
Opponent dex:62
Opponent has lv 5 shadow arts
What is opponent % to block?
Your sup:72
Opponent sup:39
What is your % to deflect?
How about crit?

Congrats if you can do that math in less than 25 seconds,it took me 45 secs =)
But yea thats my point....
Supported

< Message edited by sky222 -- 3/5/2011 1:05:00 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/5/2011 1:41:21   
Algorithm

Not supported thinking and planning ahead of time is all part of how well (Strategically Speaking) you are.

Legion > Exile
Post #: 9
3/5/2011 1:51:37   
hardcore59

would it really change anything , mean does it really matter
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
3/5/2011 4:51:44   
charwelly

I for one wouldn't want this i don't really give a stuff about my chances i go into battle head first

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Should the game show us our % to block,crit,deflect and go first?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition