Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rage Being Used As A Defensive Skill?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Rage Being Used As A Defensive Skill?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/3/2011 11:58:07   
He Who Lurks

What's the point of raging when your going to do a mere 20 damage v. a tank with the ability to cause over 50 damage on his/her rage or quite possibly on his/her normal attack? Why not go on the defensive with rage? Why not allow an option to use rage as an offensive and defensive skill? Why it would somewhat make sense. When your angry your first priority may be to rip your opponent to shreds and not care what kind of damage may be inflicted upon you, an incredibly high threshold for pain(well, I guess in a epicduel kind of way). I can imagine perhaps a 45% reduction of damage for the next two turns. What do you think about going on the defensive with rage? What would a defensive rage skill be like?
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
4/3/2011 12:04:36   
Competition

Rage was designed to counter tanking ..

EDIT: So like a rage heal or DM ..?

< Message edited by Competition -- 4/3/2011 12:19:20 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/3/2011 12:07:21   
He Who Lurks

Yes, and a tank may be purely defensive or both defensive and offensive. Mercenaries these days have the properties of both(high technology and robot).
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
4/3/2011 13:08:35   
DillBagel

That's actually a pretty good idea, but it would have to exclude healing.
*hint hint* I doubt you want someone healing 70 because they used it on rage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/3/2011 15:35:30   
Atomic garden

That might bring about a new era/breed of heal loopers!
Post #: 5
4/3/2011 15:49:54   
Epic Pwnser

Ooooh that would be great, a RAGE heal. Lol.
It kinda makes sense when you think of rage, then think of it as a kind of defense.
But then, it doesn't because rage should just make your strike/skill you use a little bit stronger than normal, like hitting over defenses.
Too complicated, so no.

< Message edited by Epic Pwnser -- 4/3/2011 15:50:11 >

Epic  Post #: 6
4/3/2011 15:54:51   
Light Stridr

@everybody in favour of rage heal:
Support merc buff.

as for raging on defensive skills, that may/may not be a good idea depending on how it is implemented.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/3/2011 16:01:02   
goldslayer1

dude rages for strengh merc almost has LITTLE damage boost.
unlike those people who hit 10 and then on their rage hit a 50.
if strengh merc hits 50 on strikes and rage strike will hit 55
if maul does 50 damage the rage maul will do 50 aswell
seeing how it makes no sense ( the damage should be increase by 45% but really isn't)
im not completely sure about this.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/3/2011 20:40:36   
He Who Lurks

^You do realize that rage decreases your enemies defense/resistance right? A strenght mercenary can have a base damage of 60 on their maul and do less than 30 v. a tank mercenary. Combine that strenght with rage and you'll probably get 15+ depending on the situation at hand. By the way, damage increasing by percentage would actually be less effective than defense bypassing. Have you seen what massacre does against an un-smoked mercenary :P?

< Message edited by He Who Lurks -- 4/3/2011 20:41:09 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
4/3/2011 22:48:13   
voidance

My heal currently does 63 so with a 45% increase from the rage would bump it to 91 which is a total Overkill.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Rage Being Used As A Defensive Skill?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition