Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Food for thought

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Food for thought
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/23/2011 20:26:18   
EE

I'd much rather have a system that they have implemented in the other AE games. You pay once for an upgrade, and you keep that upgrade for life. Instead of paying for varium and credits EVERY time, you buy the upgrade once for $20 and just use credits you've earned in game. Every time I buy varium, I usually regret it in a couple of days. You might say that all the money goes to AE, but you can't say that AE doesn't look at this game and think of it as a goose that lays golden eggs.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 26
5/23/2011 21:31:34   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

This game is unlike any other game that I've ever played in life. This game is for the rich, you buy your victories, instead of actually using skill and earning it.

Angels please tell me you see something wrong with that
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/23/2011 21:47:07   
edwardvulture

I get you. I think we just need more players, basically.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
5/23/2011 21:55:12   
EE

Angels was being blunt. How many games are there in which you have to pay to succeed? It's almost like gambling in that sense.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 29
5/23/2011 22:20:53   
Luna_moonraider

1) how are we gonna get more players if ths game is wayyy over priced
2) The devs are basically making more and more money related releases and not treating the non variums well
3) The devs are even not treating paying players well. E.g. the golden card scam,the house scam and the recent use $50 to get 2 guns scam. also the giving of varium to founedr to shut them up scam.
4) the devs are not even communicating with us. their solution to this is to just leave the game read the post bout varium pricing made by nw.
5) people who paid varium will not just leave this game like that cause tehy have wasted real life money on this game. it is not that simple to just click the red x at the top right hand coner of the screen and not play forever.

well that is what i think.

AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/23/2011 22:58:45   
xxmirxx

but if your smart varium player you would only buy weps when need it and you would only enhance on free way. but don't think I am against you shadist.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
5/24/2011 0:43:03   
The Joker X

Well I havent bought varium since December and I never plan on buying again. Im so glad that I didn't waste too much money in this

game even though I've been playing since day one of the merge. Looking back now, I think I would have killed myself if I bought

more varium than I had. Im pretty happy actually. :) But yes, things are a bit too expensive and my small reserve of varium is ending

quickly due to each update involving varium to survive. I might just quit this game and start playing aqw full time again. Oh well, I at

least hope those new plans on varium pricing are introduced quickly before my fellow beta players all quit.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
5/24/2011 1:14:13   
edwardvulture

@Luna:
Reply to number two- Maybe make this game fun for all for a few months and see if player count increases.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
5/24/2011 1:36:59   
vliegs

Agreed in triplicate or quadruplicate or quintuplicate, whatever it is by now. Not interested and no longer fun. Only so long you can make yourself stick around for something you were once enthusiastic about but has felt more like a job in the past 6-9 months. Can't enjoy something when you're playing & just trying to get some sort of minimal satisfaction out of a game that will never be close to what you've put into it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
5/24/2011 5:04:10   
MirageD

i have to say ....i have always thought that what wiseman said is the case.....the problem i have is.... if that is in fact the case.....why isn't there more development support for ED???....i mean if ED is the major cash generator...why not more developers?

< Message edited by MirageD -- 5/24/2011 5:05:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
5/24/2011 5:11:01   
xxmirxx

Because AE games are secretly work on bring ED down miraged.
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
5/24/2011 9:51:41   
Vick Vega

If we could get just two or three releases that the nerf wasn’t sold right along side of the boon I would personally feel better about this whole thing. There are a lot of people who don’t mind spending the money on this game, including me. Really, it isn’t overpriced like people make it out to be. If you have been here for one or two months you could have paid a reasonable price and have elite gear that will last a very long time (Bunny Armor, Stun Guns, Eggzookas and plenty of good weapons to choose from). This combo will give a person with good strategy a great build for quite a long while. The only reason this game gets expensive is if you want to have multiple builds that are all over the map and require tons of items, or you just want to get everything that comes out. The real problem is they rob us of what we already have purchased in order to sell us more. The ridiculous thing is that they don’t need to scam us to sell to us. We are already willing buyers. I am not ranting. Here is a short list of things that we who pay the most already know.

Enhancments to stats sold to us / Exact same stats nerfed

Houses sold to us (ability to travel anywhere on the map) / Removed as a house feature given to all for free

Rarity is introduced we begin to be more competitive buying things based on the tag (Limited items are simultaneously refilled constantly for months on end giving the limited title no value at all and followed up with a nerf to items rarity score) I am not sure if you all play other AE games but this feature is only this way in ED. If they add something limited in the other games you can buy with confidence that 100 more not be there the next time you log in.

Gold card is sold for varium to initiate new battle system (immediately after it is “replaced” by a credit version with a nice marketing strategy of get your gold card now! And umm well they are still selling it.

EPIC promo where the guns are barely better than last year seasonal and only equal to the most recent limited rare. Oh wait it has a crappy unstackable with anything INCLUDING stats stun feature OMG that’s awesome! But it also comes with…. You guessed it… a nerf to stuns effectiveness.

Am I the only one who sees the give (and by give I mean sell) and take relationship that is being established. I don’t mind spending money here. In fact, I love it. It has always been thrilling to see what is next and get it. But, after the last few slaps in the face with these tactics, I bought those guns with a sick pit in my stomach. I bought them because I thought to myself they may change something radical with stats that make support the only viable build, so I better make sure I get them. I could even deal with that but what really burned me up is this… The guns are simply 1 more damage and the exact same stats as the current level 32 gun. So that means that ten minutes after I spend $50 on these, the next level 33 sidearm is going to be equal or better to these and available in the game to anyone. Unless you want to count the crappy 5% feature as something that sets them apart from the others and with the nerf to stun that accompanied it, I myself will not. The worst part about it is that for me they finally killed the last great thing I held onto. Promos were what kept me holding on. Bunnyzookas were the thing to have and all of us treasured them. The eggzookas were a great follow up. Stun guns yay clap clap clap…..
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/24/2011 12:32:31   
Oba

Its just as Vick vega says! Cant add a thing about that.

After some calculations have i figured out that in totall have i purchased varium (Battleon/Artix points) for 628.81$, and I have now stoped to pay for this game. The ED team just drain money out of us. Enhancements, bikes, robots, houses, factions, class changes... and even to change colours. I wouldnt be surprised if we soon have to pay for doing battles.
And the items is just getting more and more expensive as we progress in level. A weapon at lvl 32, for 995 varium isnt much of a use. It have to be enhanced, for around... another 950 varium for some extra stats which should be included in that 995 price.
And how do the admins/mod's respons to this? They tell us to quit ED... is that how they should treat us? Like when my faction got hacked, they could just have looked at the IP on if it was me who deleted it, and when i told them that they just deleted my post and Wiseman PM'ed me that its not possible to "re-create" a faction... 2 days later is Kotr re-created... but its not possible to do that for me?
That may not fit in this discussion, but im just saying that the not even can do anything for us, when we spend this huge amount of money on their game.

So congratulations Titan, Nightwraith and so on... you have now lost a costumer for your high price's...

Removed profanity. It is not allowed on the forums. Please see =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior for more information. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 5/24/2011 14:34:58 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
5/24/2011 12:43:32   
Sageofpeace

Indeed the dev's are not rich but neither are we, we are not running a charity either so why are the price so dam high

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 39
5/24/2011 12:52:23   
Vick Vega

How come you pick a different team in every topic Sage? You were in love with it all in the other posts? Bi-polar?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/24/2011 16:03:12   
DunkThatOreo

I say we stop spending our money and then they will see how serious we are.
Epic  Post #: 41
5/24/2011 16:12:14   
IsaiahtheMage

Agreed. Goony is right.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/24/2011 16:26:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/24/2011 16:28:04   
ambien

well really now yes it cost to play ed but people l played as a non varium and then became a varium player.

and guess what l did not spend 1 dime on the game to get my varium .

ed has made a way to get it for no cost. do you people even try to do free offers and suverys to get your varium.

l have gotten over 60k in varium by doing FREE offers and suverys it is there for a reason people.

so if you want to cry about varium you can but it is there for free, you can get 1200 varium aday easy with 5 offers and 2 suverys for free. and if your get viewed and finsh 5 offers you get 450 extra pts towards a varium package.

so please look before you talk
always the SyFy
Post #: 43
5/24/2011 16:39:54   
Lord GaGa

I was hoping to not have to buy another 10k varium package from April 29th - July 2nd
But these guns come along that you need to pay 10k to purchase. =.=
I feel sorry for children players, who don't have enough money or time to keep up with these vigorous costs.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
5/24/2011 16:48:08   
Tiago X

@ambien: I'd like to be your neighbor then.
@Luna: I'm really sorry but I gots to say this, howcome can you complain on varium if you never bought any? It's our money, our choice.
Some players do enjoy promo items, because they don't have the time to buy it if it were to be in the shop. Not everyone can play 20/7 ok?
Hope I made my point there.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
5/24/2011 18:38:24   
Shadronica

Please don't flame each other on this thread. I didn't intend for you to take it out on each other.

All I have stated in my opening post is that EpicDuel is an extremely expensive game to play especially considering it is an AE game.

I agree with you too Miraged.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
5/24/2011 20:39:30   
ambien

tiago X l am not dogging u l said any one can varium for free you dont have to spend money on it that all l said.

an yes for younger ppl that can only buy it here and there it is tough for them. but again l say try getting it for free so you dont spend that much money on it.

always the SyFy
Post #: 47
5/25/2011 11:30:13   
Vick Vega

quote:

Please don't flame each other on this thread. I didn't intend for you to take it out on each other.

All I have stated in my opening post is that EpicDuel is an extremely expensive game to play especially considering it is an AE game.

I agree with you too Miraged.

I would like to stress that I still think it has more to do with getting less for your money than the price itself. The recent promo is the best example. They didn't even buff the guns beyond what the level 32 guns are?????

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 5/25/2011 11:32:18 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
5/25/2011 11:59:52   
SCORPIOZZz

@ xxMirxx Post #25 , 1st page .
I used to get only aux promos i only got 2 ( halloween and eggz ) just bcz i ddnt want to pay 1700 var to enhance a sword :/ i think now i'm gonna change my mind about that

< Message edited by SCORPIOZZz -- 5/25/2011 12:02:07 >

║▌█║█║ιιlιιl•★ҳ̸Ҳ•● *~*~*~*ScOrPiOzzzZZ*~*~*~*Xx●•★ҳ̸Ҳ•lιιlιι║▌█║
Epic  Post #: 49
5/25/2011 12:07:11   
Sageofpeace

yup even the top leader board player that have wasted hundreds of dollars in this game are coming out the dark

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Food for thought
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition