Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mages just need some self confidence.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages just need some self confidence.
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/26/2011 22:32:01   
BloodRainbow

@ Isaiah- 5 focus builds might be effective but that doesnt change the fact that they require ZERO skill do win with them. they are for simple minded players who enjoy simple minded playing, and dont think that im the only person that thinks like this. When you go into the battle strategy forums you see the "Stupid build" posts those are all about 5 focus builds, there called that because thats what they are.

@King Julian- i have tryed 5 focus builds thats how i know there stupid, im not saying that there stupid cuz i cant beat them, cuz i do beat alot of them, 5 focus builds are just pathetic and im getin sick and tired of seeing the same old crap over and over and over and over again. IT NEEDS TO STOP!

Epic  Post #: 26
5/26/2011 22:48:59   
DeathGuard

I have always been a mage and I remembered when I used a malf+ plasma bolt and kick most of varium players, I would want to use skill builds but my record will fail so epicly that I will be worst than a noob, but it works well wtih npcs at least. I'm having kind of fun with support build but sometimes it is kind of bored so I think this should make it:
1.)They are 6 skills with staff requirements, at least 3 should be taken off.
2.)Buff to skills like overload, plasma bolt, and plasma rain.
3.)We need that mercs/bh stop saying''Mages aren't underpowered''. Hmph really? You want to keep your win rate as it is but that will cause must mages to quit.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/26/2011 23:08:24   
Master Volcon

A tech boost build works pretty good for mages, as does support with the recent updates

AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/26/2011 23:35:10   
king julian

@BloodRainbow: zero skill how it requires planing balancing and testing just like any other builds all require some planing balancing and testing it dosnt set it apart from other builds but it dosnt SPAM a stat if fact 5 focus never have. So stop being all negative just u are against not spaming stats.
quote:

5 focus builds might be effective but that doesnt change the fact that they require ZERO skill do win with them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/27/2011 0:00:42   
Synbad Syndicated

mages underpowered. HA AT YOU SIR. we certainly are the most balanced of all class. no matter what they throw at mages whether it be a slap to the face or kick in the yathooza we are and always be upped and always survive don't forget it is we who made the barren delta rich with life once more. as of now im working on a build that needs no strength nor support + assault bot attacking a max of 52+ on rage without focus. only thing wrong is no sword/phys staff meets my sane requirements to the fullest. i even have a slayer/lowe build which i have no doubt will lose less than 3% of the time with boss crits. that i all plan to use and post here in the near future.
in most time consuming so called free to plays i choose the hardest of all the class to play, let's face it there the most creative and less than survivable class on inexperience players.
what mage has 30k creds. during this summer vacation i promise you there will be at least one mage domination the leader board whatever section it be and he happened to be a friend of mines.

<it is all ways a matter of time&patience, which will benefit the masses>

< Message edited by phrax -- 5/27/2011 0:05:18 >
Post #: 30
5/27/2011 0:02:37   
BloodRainbow

HA... any tard can use a 5 focus build all you do is get 45 on all stats then get as many points in tech and/or sup. then you spam your bot attack. The reason that its total BS is that it alows you to have and epic tank build and still hit harder than any build that spams strength. its nothing like other builds.

If you want high str/sup you have to sacrifice defense
or if you want a tank build you have to sacrifice attack power
or you could go with a balance build that has mediocre defense and attack power

but with 5 focus bot builds you can be a supertank and hit harder than most str/sup spammers and that is absolute BS. some people actualy enjoy using there head a little bit and being able to express there creativity.

you say mages need to have a little mor confidence because 5 focus builds are good, i know for a fact that im not the only person getin sick and tired of seeing the same lame ass crap 5focus builds all the dam time.
Epic  Post #: 31
5/27/2011 0:08:42   
Angels Holocaust

@ King Julian

That build looks like crap, prior to heal loop days. We mages had a 99 percent build as to now. I already see flaws in that build. It depends too much on assimilation, if they block we lose. Simple as that.
Post #: 32
5/27/2011 0:45:47   
*Nova*

Doesn't the Mana-steal part of Assimilation still work even if it is blocked? Or no?
DF MQ  Post #: 33
5/27/2011 1:03:34   
Shadronica

@ *Nova*.

No if assimilation is blocked then we get zip, nada, zero, zilch unfortunately.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
5/27/2011 7:42:27   
T.600

quote:

Ok Frostlich,explain it to me as if i were a stupid 2 year old kid:what in hells name do your NPC builds matter for PvP balance?
They don't rage,don't deflect and as sure as hell they have scriptured actions. Last time i checked,name of tab is still EpicDuel PvP MMORPG
If you feel that this was personal attack on you,don't,i'm actually fed up with all snotty kids that wouldn't know balance even if it bit them on the ass.

As you can see, experienced mages such as Arcanis, Shadronica and Angels Holocaust understand the truth about mages. Wanna know something? Mages suck; we get punished for trying something creative. We want to heal loop;agility punishes us. We want to use a caster build; we have rubbish staffs and skills such as plasma bolt are a joke. I'm not going to bother writing much but all you snotty kids who don't know anything about this game should keep your mouths shut. I can tell who is a child based on your clumsy grammatical and spelling errors.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
5/27/2011 9:36:36   
king julian

@Blood Rainbow: im just tired of your negitive comments just please stop posting here.

@angels holocaust: actully not true i have had my assimilation block b4 and i still won against a lvl 33 tank bounty with max SA it just challenges you to think more unlike a support merc build its just auxilary artillary see both of those move will always HIT!!!. Mages just have to think around a obsticle rather then hit head on.

@t.600: i do have terrible spelling lol :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
5/27/2011 10:04:18   
pinoy idols

@ blood rainbow try answering this:

would you prefer a creative yet unsuccessful build, or would you rater go with a copy-pasted but effective build? it's not creativity that counts here anymore, its the success of the build.
if u want more creativity go to your art class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/27/2011 11:08:57   
Remorse

Mages and any class who have the best wepons and armours are doing fine, take deathnightmare for example, he is able to get fast kills and maintiane a nice 98% ratio some1 tell me how mages are underpowered, i think most of you havnt realised that mages have made a comeback as those who have switched away from mages to join the OP'd classes using some nice Oped builds would not have realised this as they simply havnt tried it, and before you say i tried it they suk.. old mages builds arnt necesarily gonna continue to work but that dsnt mean they don't have very affective diffrent builds, which deathnightmare has proven. Mages are not at the disadvabtage here, people who are at a disadvantage are those who don't have 100% top notch wepons , this include non variums and even some variums who cant aford the very best, of caose they are ment to have a disadvantage but atm. those with the very best get 98% win ration easy those who dont get 90% or less at their very best tell me how thats not messed up.
Epic  Post #: 38
5/27/2011 12:25:48   
DarknessTime

IMO 4 focus is fa better than 5 focus coz you can add the extra stst points where you wnt and its almost the same as 5 focus.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/27/2011 12:53:37   
Raizuken

Patience is a virtue. Take some time because the Dev's sure are listening to your Non stop complains. Why did Titan choose to be a mage? coz' he knows its gonna be good
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/27/2011 14:39:03   
BloodRainbow

quote:

@Blood Rainbow: im just tired of your negitive comments just please stop posting here.

all i see here is you surrendering cuz you know im right ur just to afraid to admit it.

quote:

@ blood rainbow try answering this:

would you prefer a creative yet unsuccessful build, or would you rater go with a copy-pasted but effective build? it's not creativity that counts here anymore, its the success of the build.
if u want more creativity go to your art class.

ARE YOU CHALLENGED DUDE??????

This a a pvp game the point is to use you head to create a build to beat other players. everyone should be able to have there own style of playing. But because of all the limitations that they put on us that is hard, but not impossible. The biggest problem is that the devs have created a BS that overpowers all others, and in any other pvp game if something like this happens they fix it, but here in epicduel they encourage it! Thats absolutely ridiculous!

That post just proves that your nothing but a mindless fool. Its always about creativity, thats how your suppose to be able to prove that your the best. You use your head and create a new build that can beat the Best Players. It should never be about copy-and-past, if you truly have a great build you can make it so it requires your unique style of playin to be great and anyone who tryes to copy it will just be pail in comparison.

Honestly if you had experienced this game when it was truly great you wouldnt be talkin like that. All you gamma players have no idea how Awesome this game use to be.
Epic  Post #: 41
5/27/2011 21:58:07   
king julian

@angels holocaust: of course a build has a flaw EVERY BUILD HAS A FLAW thats y u lose from time to time it just better to accept defeat with pride and respect.

@blood rainbow:NO IM JUST TIRED cause you are just negative no constructive critisisim just negative. It just NEGATIVE!!!!!!.
quote:

get as many points in tech and/or sup. then you spam your bot attack.
HAHA you are wrong i dont put points on tech or support its all in the equipment which actully makes making the build harder a lot harder then a spam builds, and i dont spam my bot my battle stratagy goes like this, Malf, bot, assimilation, artilary, overload. NOT like the tank merc its just bot, bot, then bunker.

So what do your builds look like cause i want to know your side of the story....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/27/2011 22:52:03   
pinoy idols

@above my skills look like this:

1-4-5
1-1-5
1-4-0
0-0-0
im lvl. 20

i use a caster w/ reroute and defense matrix
for stats:
HP 62
EP 66
STR 32
DEX 37
TECH 36
SUPP 32

@blood rainbow sure go ahead. look stupid w/ that creative build you keep on saying. nobody's stopping you. tsk tsk tsk. as for me, since they punish creative builds, I might as well use my head and go w/ a surefire win build. When used a creative build, I totally sucked w/ it. When I switched to a caster, I improved immediately.
EDIT: We'll see who has the last laugh.

< Message edited by pinoy idols -- 5/27/2011 22:58:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
5/28/2011 0:13:53   
IsaiahtheMage

@BloodRainbow So? Why is skill so important? As long as its effective and fun who cares? STR Mercs dont.
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
5/28/2011 0:25:20   
BloodRainbow

First off Pinoy Idols- your not even a high enough lvl to use a 5focus build. so that right there puts you out of this discussion. because you cant understand either side of the argument. At ur lvl its far more effective to got with caster or some kind of hybrid caster build. And once you get to lvl 30 and up caster builds are not nearly as effective as they are in lower lvls.

quote:

HAHA you are wrong i dont put points on tech or support its all in the equipmen twhich actully makes making the build harder a lot harder then a spam builds

so what im gettin out of this is that u dont have your Gear enhanced, which kind of puts you out of this argument because if i fought you with just about any one of my builds i would win because i have no problem with varium players that dont have the Gear enhanced. because they have anywhere from 35-40 less stat mods, which is like a 9-10lvl difference.

quote:

and i dont spam my bot my battle stratagy goes like this, Malf, bot, assimilation, artilary, overload. NOT like the tank merc its just bot, bot, then bunker.

your not a merc you dont have Artilary Strike so im gana assume that you mean Auxiliary, and the reason you dont spam your bot attacks in cuz you use malf so the Energy bot attack, Staff, Aux, and overload will do more damage than you physical attack.

quote:

So what do your builds look like cause i want to know your side of the story....

i enjoy using many different types of build, i realy enjoy using caster or hybrid caster builds but there not very effective,

i normally use staffs cuz swords put to many restrictions on mages.

alot of my builds use E/P/E, unless im using a 4 focus build with E/E/E, but not to offten, so i can have another physical attack if needed bu ti almost never use the bot attack cuz i dont like bots.

i also realy enjoy using high hp but i cant realy do that because of agility

i like using sup build, and dex builds, and str builds, Super tank builds without a malfuction are kind of fun, SuperCharge builds are also fun to use.

i like using builds that are fun and creative, builds that if i come up with on my own someone cant click on me and be like "OH i want that build" then copy and paste it then fail cuz they dont know how to use it, even tho its a great build. Builds that actualy require skill to be successful win.

@ Isaiah
So? Why is skill so important? As long as its effective and fun who cares? STR Mercs dont.
Are you stupid?

Its a pvp game for crying out load!

Its suppose to be all about Skill!

Bot builds might be effective but there are in no way fun, how can you even think that doing something that requires Zero thought fun?

Were not talkin about str mercs here, there completly irrelevant because for every 1 Str merc theres 500 other players using 5focus bot builds.

< Message edited by BloodRainbow -- 5/28/2011 0:50:08 >
Epic  Post #: 45
5/28/2011 1:30:22   
Firewallblast

Mages are making a comeback i even made a caster mage build. Too bad it was wiped of the face of the forum and now it's on the third page well here it is: Caster Build , Caster Build 2
And the spped is a problem for mages but they are a pretty decent class who cant unlock their full potential because of wep req and the thing called a brain. Also i am a Merc and mages put up a decent fight there is an advantage of being a slow class after a while the merc/bh has nothing to pummel u with.

@Angel Holocaust. T.600, and ever1 else who thinks mages should be back in the good old days: U have to stop living in the past and start living in the present things change for better and for worse but theres always a comeback it might not be as good as the last 1 or it might be even betr ., Its mages like u who are stuck in the past and refuse to create or appreciate build that sink mages to the very bottom.

@BloodRainbow Bot is a stupid build but it matters how u use it some ppl forget that theres a bot called an assault bot and some builds thrive from bot like magesl. Bot are mindless things but if u put thought into it u have urself an awesome build.

Wasn't this a discussion about mages needing to stop whinnying this has turned into a bot war.

< Message edited by Firewallblast -- 5/28/2011 1:51:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
5/28/2011 1:57:02   
Synbad Syndicated

I do agree with the negative criticism made by BloodRainbow. as i myself, can be find always constantly trying out different builds. i do not take pleasure in copy&paste builds. but even if a or new creative builds were to be made and recognized. it's always a matter of time before you see a build uniquely made by you at the hands of the masses without your consent. whether you love it or not.

but like Firewallblast said
quote:

@Angel Holocaust U have to stop living in the past and start living in the present things change for better and for worse but theres always a comeback it might not be as good as the last 1 or it might be even better

though there's down side to this sentence made by Firewallblast. if you look at the modern day music and rap kids listen to today this will be the same fate that we might face unless we destroy rap or in this case the limits placed on all us players.
Post #: 47
5/28/2011 2:09:45   
BloodRainbow

quote:

they are a pretty decent class who cant unlock their full potential because of wep req and the thing called a brain

no the reason that we cant use our full potential is because unlike the other classes we are penalized for trying to use our most valuable passive skill to its full power.

Mercs have have the easiest and most versatile passive skill it can be used perfectly with any type of build. there is nothing then penalizes them form using a there passive skill effectively.

BH have Bloodlust and Shadow Arts which work perfectly together, and they work wonderful with Str builds, or 5focus bot builds, cuz they hit hard and they have a high chance of hitting so they can get as much hp back as possible. they also have smoke that can be worked in there to make there passives even more effective. Currently the only thing preventing there str builds from being as effective is the diminishing returns on str, but with the 5focus bot builds this realy doesnt apply. but they are in no way penalized for using there passives either.

Mages have Reroute and Deadly Aim, these kind of work together but not nearly as wonderful as BH passives. The passive Reroute can only be used to its fullest power when the mage has high Health. because in order for it to work it needs to be able to take alot of damage. but when we try to use it to its fullest power we get penalized, agility takes away our defenses. And i feel that this is a bit unfair. They punished mages for abusing there passive far greater than they have ever punished the other 2 classes.

EDIT(kind of offtopic):
quote:

if you look at the modern day music and rap kids listen to today this will be the same fate that we might face unless we destroy rap or in this case the limits placed on all us players

OMG dude, i think i love you

< Message edited by BloodRainbow -- 5/28/2011 2:12:56 >
Epic  Post #: 48
5/28/2011 2:20:54   
king julian

Firewallblast
quote:

@Angel Holocaust. T.600, and ever1 else who thinks Mages should be back in the good old days: U have to stop living in the past and start living in the present things change for better and for worse but there is always a comeback it might not be as good as the last 1 or it might be even better Its Mages like u who are stuck in the past and refuse to create or appreciate build that sink Mages to the very bottom.

To put it simpler. EVOLVE OR DIE. Ive heard this before and i have to agree change with the changing or die with the dying.

@blood rainbow: you just seem to be on the side that is getting pwnd cause you don't (or i don't think u do) have a bot. As for example I play COD Bo and i die because of weapons that are faster at firing then mine and i get mad and just keep playing. But when i'm using those guns boy do i LOVE IT. Just like Epic duel there are the losers(side 1) and the winners(side 2) the losers complain and winners keep playing epic duel. I just feel that u are on side 1 and hate it cause you see tons of variations 5focus builds IN every CLASS. Seeing how repetition gets annoying i think i've walked a mile in your shoes.

So why dont we change topics from BOTS to How we MAGEs can speed our class up if possible.

< Message edited by king julian -- 5/28/2011 2:24:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/28/2011 2:21:40   
T.600

quote:

@Angel Holocaust. T.600, and ever1 else who thinks mages should be back in the good old days: U have to stop living in the past and start living in the present things change for better and for worse but theres always a comeback it might not be as good as the last 1 or it might be even betr ., Its mages like u who are stuck in the past and refuse to create or appreciate build that sink mages to the very bottom.

I would feel happy to move forward IF mages were given a buff to some skills in their skill tree and we need better weapons. Why is there only one rubbish physical in this game whereas other classes have the option to switch between physical and energy damage class specific primaries? We also need better armors because founder armor is the only armor that has ideal stat placement for a mage. I want a nice armor before i switch back to mage and consider making new builds. As for 5 focus builds; they have low hp which I dislike and they rely on the use of a robot mostly. I have tried some 5 focus builds but they definetly aren't perfect. I would love to explore the concept of a caster mage with high hp ( Xendran has in the past) which utilises the skills plasma bolt, field medic, reroute, malfunction and deadly aim. Some tweaks to the skill tree are required and some new weapons that suit the mage class. I hope this short paragraph helps you to understand my point of view here. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages just need some self confidence.
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition