Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mages just need some self confidence.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages just need some self confidence.
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/28/2011 2:30:25   
BloodRainbow

lol king julian, have you looked at my character page??
Epic  Post #: 51
5/28/2011 2:50:51   
king julian

Never mind i have found it.
So if i am right (which i was wrong last time fail) you just don't like 5 focus builds cause they are simple but effective and the same thing. You go off the simple road and onto road of the thinking were you have bad builds and good builds just depending on the thought put into it.
I thought of my own build for juggernaut
My very own juggernaut build

< Message edited by king julian -- 5/28/2011 3:12:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
5/28/2011 2:53:44   
BloodRainbow

well, then as you can see i do have the Gamma bot and the equipment necessary for a bot build. i have used bot builds i just despise them

< Message edited by BloodRainbow -- 5/28/2011 2:58:17 >
Epic  Post #: 53
5/28/2011 3:18:54   
king julian

Back on topic: I cant think of any way to make mages faster. Also i feel like mages are good being the slower class cause once they (your enemy) are out of energy they cant hit as high and assimilation also helps this by taking small amounts of energy setting them off which is funny.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
5/28/2011 3:34:43   
BloodRainbow

that build there is similar to a couple builds i use for juggernaut

i personaly dont have any problem with slow battles. i actualy enjoy them much more. because the longer the battle goes on the more your required to think. you could be in a battles thats on its 15th round and you have the advantage then you do the wrong move and bam the battle completely turns around. i love battles that its seems like its going one way them BAM it gets floped then a couple rounds later its floped again. i love the back and forth. My favorite battles are always with mages, cuz we can go back and forth unlike any other classes.
Epic  Post #: 55
5/28/2011 5:43:48   
5rr5
Banned

• Mages is already very OP with their malf, gun and bazooka.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
5/28/2011 5:54:26   
Arcanis

Care to explain how is that OP in comparison to ,lets say, smoke, gun zooka
from bh? Or they arent alowed to use them?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
5/28/2011 5:58:08   
5rr5
Banned

Even with like 25 str for mages they ahve their deadly aim so they don't need high str, that's why it's OP! That means that they can use almost all stats for SUPPORT!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
5/28/2011 6:05:20   
T.600

quote:

I would feel happy to move forward IF mages were given a buff to some skills in their skill tree and we need better weapons. Why is there only one rubbish physical in this game whereas other classes have the option to switch between physical and energy damage class specific primaries? We also need better armors because founder armor is the only armor that has ideal stat placement for a mage. I want a nice armor before i switch back to mage and consider making new builds. As for 5 focus builds; they have low hp which I dislike and they rely on the use of a robot mostly. I have tried some 5 focus builds but they definetly aren't perfect. I would love to explore the concept of a caster mage with high hp ( Xendran has in the past) which utilises the skills plasma bolt, field medic, reroute, malfunction and deadly aim. Some tweaks to the skill tree are required and some new weapons that suit the mage class. I hope this short paragraph helps you to understand my point of view here. :)

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/28/2011 6:06:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
5/28/2011 6:11:44   
Arcanis

@5rr5
You mean that extra 7,8 or 9 damage from aim that kicks in
every 3rd turn,at best, which is joyfully returned the second bh deals damage
via bloodlust? EVERY TURN? Could your argument be any thiner?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
5/28/2011 7:15:49   
pinoy idols

@blood rainbow Don't get me wrong. I am using a Focus 4 build, not on my mage but on my lv. 27 BH so I know what it means to use one. Also, I use a build like that even if I am not using a bot. Oh and I'm sorry for me being angry at you. My apologies. But i don't agree w/ this (especially w/ the rap part):
quote:

quote:

if you look at the modern day music and rap kids listen to today this will be the same fate that we might face unless we destroy rap or in this case the limits placed on all us players

Back to topic, i think that mages need a change in their skill tree. perhaps the caster skills (bolt, rain, SC, overload) should not be in one single branch. spreading them out reduces the pressure on sword and heal-loop mages. that's what I think. also, does anyone here remember the battle mage build? if you have read the ED handbook you'll find it there. I tried that but it sucked.

< Message edited by pinoy idols -- 5/28/2011 7:22:51 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
5/28/2011 9:59:25   
IsaiahtheMage

quote:

@ Isaiah
So? Why is skill so important? As long as its effective and fun who cares? STR Mercs dont.
Are you stupid?

Its a pvp game for crying out load!

Its suppose to be all about Skill!

Bot builds might be effective but there are in no way fun, how can you even think that doing something that requires Zero thought fun?

Were not talkin about str mercs here, there completly irrelevant because for every 1 Str merc theres 500 other players using 5focus bot builds.

Who cares about dum skill. Its whatever it takes to win. Yes and those players who are using 5 Focus Builds are the smart ones.
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
5/28/2011 10:16:23   
pinoy idols

@isaiah Finally someone who agrees w/ me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
5/28/2011 11:30:19   
IsaiahtheMage

@pinoy idols
quote:

would you prefer a creative yet unsuccessful build, or would you rater go with a copy-pasted but effective build? it's not creativity that counts here anymore, its the success of the build.
if u want more creativity go to your art class.

I could'nt say it any better.

@BloodRainbow like pinoy said. Creativty and Skill has left this game a long time ago. Stop argueing with people and calling them a "mindless fool" or saying sassy remarks like "Are you stupid" or "ARE YOU CHALLENGED DUDE???". Just because we want a good record. Skill and Creativty no longer matters. Its what it takes to win and get a good record. No one cares about Skill or Creativty anymore. Its done and gone. Get over it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
5/28/2011 12:52:25   
BloodRainbow

@pinoy idol

theres nothing wrong with using focus build if you dont sit there and spam the gamma bot, because focus no longer does anything so your just using a basic balanced build.

@ isaiah

so basicaly what your saying is that its no longer about having fun its all about winning.

Thats wrong, i don care who you are its never about winning, in any kind of game weather it be a video game or a sports game. its all about the love of the game and expressing your creativity and playing around your strengths and weaknesses and havin fun

And anyway your basicaly your in the same boat as Pinoy, you cant be a part of this discussion. because your not a mage and you dont have a gamma bot so any input that you try to put in is invalid.
because you dont have the experience necessary to contribute
Epic  Post #: 65
5/28/2011 13:03:13   
Firewallblast

@BloodRainbow

I no what a mage experiences and I c ur point about gamma bot builds being plain stupid. Some ppl want to be the best and some just want to have fun. It matters what u think when u c urself on the leader-board for me it's like wow how did I get here and for others it's yes im # 1. U have to have fun but u sometimes cant have fun without winning.

Now back to the discussion how about we move some things around in the skill tree:

Feild Medic , Defence Matrix Deadly Aim
Technician , Reroute , Plasma Bolt
Malfunction, Assimilate, Overload
Bludgeon, Super Charge, Plasma Rain

< Message edited by Firewallblast -- 5/28/2011 13:10:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
5/28/2011 13:21:24   
BloodRainbow

to fix the skill tree all they would have to do is

take the staff requirement off of assimilation, switch SuperCharge with assimilation, and then conect assimilation to malfuntion

the weapon requirement could also be removed form Bludgen because smashing someone with the bottom of your weapon really require a staff
Epic  Post #: 67
5/28/2011 13:51:22   
IsaiahtheMage

@BloodRainbow
quote:

@ isaiah

so basicaly what your saying is that its no longer about having fun its all about winning.

Thats wrong, i don care who you are its never about winning, in any kind of game weather it be a video game or a sports game. its all about the love of the game and expressing your creativity and playing around your strengths and weaknesses and havin fun

And anyway your basicaly your in the same boat as Pinoy, you cant be a part of this discussion. because your not a mage and you dont have a gamma bot so any input that you try to put in is invalid.
because you dont have the experience necessary to contribute

1. Dead Wrong. I have a level 25 Mage on another account.
2. I still use a 5 Focus Bot build and I have a Assault Bot.
So I do have the experience neccasary to contibute to this discussion. Perhaps you need to get your facts straight before accusing people of things. Also its about winning and fun. Creativty and Skills dont count as fun anymore so what your saying is invalid.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/28/2011 13:53:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 68
5/28/2011 13:53:08   
king julian

im changing the topic to how we can use the spell side more effective.

@pinoy idols: one weakness in battle mage is being malfed though assult bot works being smoked also is a problem and it dosn't have enough damage to compete with today current builds which is why i stoped using it.

@Isaiah the mage: yeah those builds are effective in getting kills but blood is saying they are too simple for his liking that he like to "THINK OUT SIDE THE BOX".
HAHA i laugh at you merc's had enough creativity and skill to create the 5 focus tank build. And next week multiple players with have the creative and skillful ART add to the game.
That is just a matter of opinion you dont see creative things skillful or fun cause you deside to not think out side the "BOX"
quote:

Yes and those players who are using 5 Focus Builds are the smart ones.

quote:

Creativty and Skill has left this game a long time ago.

quote:

Creativty and Skills dont count as fun anymore

@ blood rainbow: I dont see anything wrong with the current skill tree it just mages havn't thought out how they could use it which is why im changing the topic to how we can use the spell side more effective.
quote:

to fix the skill tree

< Message edited by king julian -- 5/28/2011 14:00:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
5/28/2011 14:03:32   
BloodRainbow

@ king julian

the problem with the skill tree is that half of it is disabled if we want to use a staff.

@ isaiah

once again you are wrong and are not understandin what im saying.

first off you mage is only lvl 25 which makes you unqualified for this discussion

and second assault bots are not an issuse and your a nonvarium merc that is using it. so once again another reason why your not qualified for this discussion.

here we are talking about LVL 33 VARIUM MAGES that are using the GAMMA BOT
Epic  Post #: 70
5/28/2011 14:04:14   
DeathGuard

Lol, I haven't seen so many flaming toward mages since juggernaut was release. I'm really dissapoitned about this thread, it begin well but then flame came in, come on guys lets stay on topic neither a ak will lock it. Mages really need a buff and for the ones who used a 5 focus build is their decision, they will get bored easily. I really mind asking a ak to lock this thread because there was a purpose but seems others don't care about it.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
5/28/2011 14:11:47   
BloodRainbow

what are you talkin bout dude all this "flaming" is on topic
Epic  Post #: 72
5/28/2011 14:15:13   
DeathGuard

Quote the part where I said it was not.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
5/28/2011 14:20:14   
BloodRainbow

quote:

Lol, I haven't seen so many flaming toward mages since juggernaut was release. I'm really dissapoitned about this thread, it begin well but then flame came in, come on guys lets stay on topic neither a ak will lock it. Mages really need a buff and for the ones who used a 5 focus build is their decision, they will get bored easily. I really mind asking a ak to lock this thread because there was a purpose but seems others don't care about it.
:) right here
Epic  Post #: 74
5/28/2011 14:24:29   
DeathGuard

All right all right, just stop the flaming then.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages just need some self confidence.
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition