Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Varium "Spreading"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Varium "Spreading"
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2011 15:08:51   
He Who Lurks

I believe this game has too many features which are of the basic RPG/MMO regime. For example, class change, a feature which many of the community have requested ended up costing high amounts of varium. The excuse for this was that players would alternate continuously from class to class. On the old forums, many of the members believed this would be abused, and I don't see how this would be unfair seeing as you'd also be able to alternate between classes. For a short period, this was called "class hopping". What I don't understand, is why not have class change be battle token exclusive than? It'd only seem fair to our non-varium counter-parts.

Housing is another varium feature which many other MMO's allow you to purchase for free. Why aren't there any credit-only houses? Arcade does not justify the fact that not one house is sell-able for credit only.

The staff also has a tendency for delaying cost-saving opportunities. It took them about 2 years add/take to implement varium sell-back which doesn't help a great deal. The staff have acknowledged the glitch with the hair purchases(yes, some of the "varium" hairstyles should actually cost credits only), but they'd rather overshadow this than fix it. They have also yet have given housing any concern.

And what about name change? Why can't you change your current name to your previous or default? There should some reasonable explanations here.

Discuss.

< Message edited by He Who Lurks -- 6/1/2011 15:16:34 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
6/1/2011 16:07:46   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Quite frankly, given the backlash from opening up a previously varium-only feature to non-paying members, we're a little wary of implementing a credit option for class change. I don't think that it's a bad idea to freely change your name back to a previously-purchased name for free, but I don't know if that's as high a priority right now.
Post #: 2
6/1/2011 16:15:53   
Zean Zapple

quote:

I don't think that it's a bad idea to freely change your name back to a previously-purchased name for free, but I don't know if that's as high a priority right now.

If that isn't high on the priority list right now, what is? I'm not being rude in anyway at all, I'm simply asking a question.

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 3
6/1/2011 16:18:34   
Tiago X

@Zean: "Balance".
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/1/2011 16:48:08   
Light Stridr

quote:

If that isn't high on the priority list right now, what is?

quote:

@Zean: "Balance".

If that's a high priority, I'm going to start worrying a little.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/1/2011 17:39:11   
Xendran

@Cindy: The thing is, some of these features shouldn't have been varium to begin with, so not compensating varium when making it free raises community hostility.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
6/1/2011 17:51:54   
altimatum

how bout convert class change to creds, compensate those with the class change achievement with 1500 varium, and we're good to go for the new classes also i think balance is a BIG priority what with the new classes coming
Post #: 7
6/1/2011 18:18:03   
Xendran

@Altimatum Some of us have class changed multiple times

I've spent 6000 varium on class change
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
6/1/2011 20:19:17   
frosty123

well get 6000 varium back.
Post #: 9
6/1/2011 20:21:29   
Gold

Judging by the way they handled the wasted Varium on sold weapons before the Varium sellback, I don't think anyone would get their Varium back.

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Varium "Spreading"
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition