Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

General Discussion ?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> General Discussion ?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/5/2011 21:58:26   
MrBones

As so many threads have been locked-up recently, I was wondering what IS general discussion ?

I think here, we should have the luxury to dicuss every suggestions 1 by 1 and give people the opportunity to comment, add AND let the thread side track anywhere ( as they often do). Hence the ' general ' feeling.

Ever had a borderline thread locked ?

Do you think the rules should be soften up a bit ? I mean this ain't the supreme court of justice here..

I wonder what is the 'general' feeling about this.

Of course this could be also target as just another suggestion and get lock.

< Message edited by Dbag -- 6/5/2011 22:50:47 >

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 1
6/5/2011 22:01:18   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

The problem is that "General Discussion" (which is supposed to be discussion of EpicDuel-related topics) was becoming a secondary suggestions forum, which gets in the way of discussion.
Post #: 2
6/5/2011 22:01:48   
T.600

Here are the Epicduel General Discussion Forum Rules. If you have a suggestion for the forums please post here next time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/5/2011 22:49:04   
Celestine
Constructive!

While it is against the Forum Rules to post Suggestions in General Discussion, I see why many do it.
Simply, it's because the Suggestions Forum doesn't get nearly half of the views General Discussion does.

If you post a suggestion in the correct thread, you will get little to no comments, criticism, feedback, etc.
Not saying that they are ignored, but they are not seen by most forum members.

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 4
6/5/2011 22:53:53   
TankMage

I think the problem is that for some reason ED forums are abit "loose" on the rules, And they haven't been overly enforced here yet. Which in my opinion they should be enforced. And As T, Cindy and Celestine have said this isn't a suggestion forum, Its for General Discussion about Epicduel.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
6/5/2011 22:57:01   
MrBones

So we are allowed to speak only 'general' things.. but nothing in particular because then it will have a subject. Therefore if the thread have a subject, it probably belongs in some other thread.

I'll try to be more general next time i post i promise.
Epic  Post #: 6
6/5/2011 23:00:33   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

The issue here appears to be that people aren't feeling that their suggestions are being heard in the suggestions boards. Of that we as moderators are aware, but changes aren't instant, and things such as revamping boards to suit not only the desires of the community but the need of it as well take time, but we can not compromise what we have set as rules, and as such we can not allow suggestion threads especially when they've been over running the board.

This thread itself isn't a discussion of EpicDuel but of the forum and boards. As such I am locking this thread, and I point you all to the Forum Suggestions to make any suggestions about revamps to the boards so your voices can be properly heard in a constructive manner.

< Message edited by Omni -- 6/5/2011 23:02:09 >
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> General Discussion ?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition