Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

JUSTICE (everything in ED is fine)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> JUSTICE (everything in ED is fine)
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/7/2011 8:26:36   
MrBones

I have decided to start a thread to see if there are any players who like me, thinks that althought it's not absolutly perfect, the balance is fine.

Mercs are of course the fashion trend, the flavor of the month... But new classes are coming with new builts and new flaming threads about how those new classes are supposedly overpowered.

I am amazed by the range of complains I hear but i am getting weary of them.

What do you guys think ?

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 1
6/7/2011 8:36:09   
Wootz

Well, for one, I belive a Venom Strike + High Damaging multi of a BH is OP'd, too. Since Venom Strike cuts through every possible build.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/7/2011 8:49:11   
Burned.
Banned

quote:

I have decided to start a thread to see if there are any players who like me, thinks that althought it's not absolutly perfect, the balance is fine.

Mercs are of course the fashion trend, the flavor of the month... But new classes are coming with new builts and new flaming threads about how those new classes are supposedly overpowered.

I am amazed by the range of complains I hear but i am getting weary of them.

What do you guys think ?

@Dbag: Well, you got a point there bud. Actually, I think you're right! BUT I also suggest they need a few more adjustments to be a well-balanced game, not questioning the greatness and awesomeness of admins and mods making this name a VERY good game!

quote:

Well, for one, I belive a Venom Strike + High Damaging multi of a BH is OP'd, too. Since Venom Strike cuts through every possible build.

@1234speedy: Mhmm... That's a good one bud. But I've been a BH for a long time, And in my experience, I can tell that the build you are saying would be a GOOD counter for any build specially on tanking builds but that would also require very exceptional items, Hence, You'll need to be varium packed to make this build VERY effective. Nah, just saying. ;)

< Message edited by Burned. -- 6/7/2011 8:52:04 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/7/2011 9:01:41   
Remorse

I agree and you have stolen my post.... i already posted this about a week ago. However the only imbalance i have to say is luck, rather than explain what i think the problem is il just post one of my old posts about it which was locked... http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19088684&mpage=1&key=�
Epic  Post #: 4
6/7/2011 9:05:02   
IsaiahtheMage

Everything in ED is just fine? This thread is a joke. Its very hilarious.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/7/2011 9:07:59   
Remorse

^ It is fine in terms of balance between classes, i think all classes stand a good fight between each and thats the most important factor in terms of balance. Luck however and prcies soemthing need to be chaged there
Epic  Post #: 6
6/7/2011 9:08:14   
Wootz

quote:

@1234speedy: Mhmm... That's a good one bud. But I've been a BH for a long time, And in my experience, I can tell that the build you are saying would be a GOOD counter for any build specially on tanking builds but that would also require very exceptional items, Hence, You'll need to be varium packed to make this build VERY effective. Nah, just saying. ;)

Yes, I agree with that, since it really needs to be perfectly calculated, but it would work out for F2P players too. Here is a example of the build, but it would be better to have the items from the Suggestion Shop. And you can tell that this pic is old since there's the +1 Focus Damage in it :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/7/2011 9:09:06   
BlueKatz

yay for the balance that everyone with brain complain about
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/7/2011 9:13:22   
T.600

You've got to be joking me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/7/2011 9:14:26   
pinoy idols

Well dbag, I agree with you. Right now, the game's fine the way it is. Although mercs are the crowd fave right now, BH's and mages will have their 15 mins. of fame in the future. When exactly, I don't know. But there are builds that players have yet to experiment on, like ENG weps on BH's. I used the acolytes in my BH for almost 2 mos. and it was really good. Also, TECH builds for BHs. Has anyone ever tried that? (Not me, though)
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/7/2011 9:27:20   
MrBones

@Remorse, your post was more about the luck factor.. and my tilte is better ;p

@Pinoy idols, mages already had their 15 minutes of fame with the heal loop builts and strenght BH are still extremely effective

@T.600, the joke is on all those complainers trying to remake a perfectly good game because their built is not working anymore
Epic  Post #: 11
6/7/2011 9:32:31   
T.600

^The luck factor is completely out of hand and mages are underpowered.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/7/2011 9:34:53   
Callisto

And let me guess,you're a merc?Of course you are.
Game isn't balanced as long as one class can destroy pretty much anything with spamming one stat.
This thread is a joke...not EVERYTHING is fine,I could name at least 10 things that are NOT fine.

< Message edited by Callisto -- 6/7/2011 9:35:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/7/2011 9:41:13   
IsaiahtheMage

@Dbag
quote:

the joke is on all those complainers trying to remake a perfectly good game because their built is not working anymore

No just no this isnt even funny. If you really think this game is balanced perhaps you are talking about another game. Mages need their class specific weapon to use half of their skill tree the other classes only need 2 or 3 that is what you call balanced? Sure. Also lets not forget about how the luck factor is so important that if it intervenes in a battle whoever is lucky is the one who wins. Thats balanced to you? You got to be kidding me. Also lets not forget how the BH and Merc class get at least one skill that has extra crit chance and is defence ignoring. Mages dont get any extra crit chance move and SC is crap. Thats also balance to you right?
Again must'nt forget how Mercs multi ignores defence and improves with support the one of the most powerful stats in game they also dominate 2 vs 2. I am a Merc,BH and Mage and even as being all 3 I notice obvious balance isssues. I can go on and on but I dont feel like it. This game is clearly not balanced. I dont get how you think it is.

EDIT: Also I forgot one last thing we must'nt forget STR Mercs who can two turn kill you. Thats also balance to you right? I am sure it is.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 6/7/2011 9:43:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/7/2011 9:47:40   
Wootz

quote:

This thread is a joke...not EVERYTHING is fine,I could name at least 10 things that are NOT fine.

Name it.

quote:

No just no this isnt even funny. If you really think this game is balanced perhaps you are talking about another game. Mages need their class specific weapon to use half of their skill tree the other classes only need 2 or 3 that is what you call balanced? Sure. Also lets not forget about how the luck factor is so important that if it intervenes in a battle whoever is lucky is the one who wins. Thats balanced to you? You got to be kidding me. Also lets not forget how the BH and Merc class get at least one skill that has extra crit chance and is defence ignoring. Mages dont get any extra crit chance move and SC is crap. Thats also balance to you right?
Again must'nt forget how Mercs multi ignores defence and improves with support the one of the most powerful stats in game they also dominate 2 vs 2. I am a Merc,BH and Mage and even as being all 3 I notice obvious balance isssues. I can go on and on but I dont feel like it. This game is clearly not balanced. I dont get how you think it is

Luck factor WILL ALWAYS be important in every PvP game.
TM's have Plasma Bolt which can do a LOT of damage if you abuse Tech and if you use it with a Malf build. SC, yes it is crap. Massacre is only good at level 1, otherwise it's crap. SS is crap, but it destroys half of the enemy's rage. Yup, pretty much balanced there. This is a PvP game. There will always be balance issue's, And it is possible to defeat pretty much every build. TMs are great with a High Support + Malf + Deadly Aim Build, so it's fine. You can pwn with it on 1 vs 1. BHs have a STR build that dominates 1 vs 1. And Merc's have a SUP build to dominate 2 vs 2.

'Nuff said.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/7/2011 9:55:41   
IsaiahtheMage

@1234speedy
1. Yes but the Luck factor in this game is far out of control their is a user with low support who usally hits 18 but she got lucky and hit 48 crit with the Majonlir.
2. No one at high levels using a Plasma Bolt build anymore and it can be easily countered with blood shield on a Tank Merc or a BH Energy Shield.
3. Yeah but Masscre is still very powerful with STR builds. SS isnt crap do you not know how powerful it is? I seen someone hit like 30 or above on my 20-24 res plus 6 from armor and 10 from blood shield.
4.Yeah but TM are limited to that only one build and yes their will always be balance issues I am tryign to tell him/her that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/7/2011 10:02:59   
Synbad Syndicated

to tell you the truth i'm also getting tired of these complaints. i don't know who said this, but Evolve or Die. most of us complain because we pick are class based on power, creativity, survivability~real word, or just out of randomness. some of us get attached to them instead of becoming part of that fad and that's where the complaint starts. when ever you have diversity there will always be riots or in this case flaming about anything or everything. the more restrictions put on the minorities(mages/nonvariums) the angrier they get. so its only a matter of time before everything goes down the drain or the minorities struck gold. so now minorities are becoming the majority and the majority will start to complain. it's nothing but a never ending pattern because of human behaviour, selfishness, and life cycle. the new class might be the gold for minorities, hate of majority, or the start of something new.
in most cases the restrictions put on us must be broken for life to continue to exist or evolve to better ourselves with the last option is to die with regret.

simply put we need a counter for each class and each stat.

bh counter[S.D.T.S]

mage [S.D.T.S]counter[S.D.T.S]

merc [S.D.T.S]counter[S.D.T.S]

blood mage[S.D.T.S] counter[S.D.T.S]

war master[S.D.T.S] counter[S.D.T.S]

cyber-hunter [S.D.T.S] conters[S.D.T.S]

STRENGTH
DEXTERITY
TECHNOLOGY
SUPPORT

That's my 2 cents for ya.
Post #: 17
6/7/2011 10:05:33   
Wootz

quote:

1. Yes but the Luck factor in this game is far out of control their is a user with low support who usally hits 18 but she got lucky and hit 48 crit with the Majonlir.

Luck should be somewhat nerfed

quote:

2. No one at high levels using a Plasma Bolt build anymore and it can be easily countered with blood shield on a Tank Merc or a BH Energy Shield.

If they would jump off a bridge, would you do the same thing?

quote:

3. Yeah but Masscre is still very powerful with STR builds. SS isnt crap do you not know how powerful it is? I seen someone hit like 30 or above on my 20-24 res plus 6 from armor and 10 from blood shield.

Massacre is powerfull with it, but sometimes BHs don't live long enough to use it. But on a tanker Merc, it's really dissapoting, It's like: 1,1,2,2,2,2,11. Still not much though. That someone probably had it Maxed and stat abused it to make it do a big ammount of damage.

quote:

4.Yeah but TM are limited to that only one build and yes their will always be balance issues I am tryign to tell him/her that.

Fortunatly, that build can be offensive and defensive, I don't see BH's having that kind of a build. But then, you encounter a Similiar Build Merc and he/she would probably die.

AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/7/2011 10:11:57   
IsaiahtheMage

@1234speedy
quote:

Luck should be somewhat nerfed

Of course it should.

quote:

If they would jump off a bridge, would you do the same thing?
What?!

quote:

Massacre is powerfull with it, but sometimes BHs don't live long enough to use it. But on a tanker Merc, it's really dissapoting, It's like: 1,1,2,2,2,2,11. Still not much though. That someone probably had it Maxed and stat abused it to make it do a big ammount of damage.

Yes that person had a Max SS and high tech and they where non varuim and their build was very succesful.

quote:

Fortunatly, that build can be offensive and defensive, I don't see BH's having that kind of a build. But then, you encounter a Similiar Build Merc and he/she would probably die.

Yeah I seen a Bh with one its the defensive bounty high support means stong Reflex and Energy shield and strong aux.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/7/2011 10:12:42   
MrBones

@phrax, well said .. very well said

@Down Isaiahthemage, do I smell jealousy ? yep...that's the unmistakable smell of it.

< Message edited by Dbag -- 6/7/2011 10:24:32 >
Epic  Post #: 20
6/7/2011 10:21:28   
IsaiahtheMage

^I just checked your Epic Duel character you have all the awesome "must have" rares Bunny Armor,Stun Guns,Bunny Zookas and Celtic Clever and your a LVL 33 Mercenary of course you think its balanced.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/7/2011 10:58:23   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

many str bh have high health, so they shld last long enough as long as the enemy doesn't crit 2 or 3 times, also with smoke i cld make quick work of almost any merc, the only time a str bh doesn't last long enough to use massacre is when they are fighting another str bh and get beat by them
Epic  Post #: 22
6/7/2011 11:06:34   
IsaiahtheMage

@Dbag Why would I be jealous? I have no need to be jealous I see tons of LVL 33 varuim beast each day its nothing new. I have no need to waste my 50.00$ on this game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/7/2011 13:04:47   
Light Stridr

To be fair, the issue now lies in the following:

2v2
Varium prices
Weapon Pricing
Luck
NonVar vs Var balance
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/7/2011 15:29:54   
Firewallblast

Ugh... I was hoping this thread would be a good rest from reading INJUSTICE!!! In other words...... but here it is blah blahs blah the classes are not balanced mercs are gods and bhs and mages are ants. I agree with Dbag and for the most part the game is balanced and I think not far away from as balanced as we can be. Oh and I agree with the post above which is kind of ironic.

< Message edited by Firewallblast -- 6/7/2011 15:36:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> JUSTICE (everything in ED is fine)
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition