Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: JUSTICE (everything in ED is fine)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: JUSTICE (everything in ED is fine)
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/7/2011 15:49:10   
PumKing

@Dbag- I disaggree on pretty much everything you say, but at this i concede, there is far too much negativity in the forums, and I want to help bring around a higher percent of positive feelings

as far as being pleased with balance in the game, I personally believe that perfection has been achieved in the stats department and the deceasing value that they give if too much is put into a stat like dex or tech. :) good job for the devs on this one

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 26
6/7/2011 16:26:26   
Wootz

Do you guys remeber in early Beta when everyone said that BHs are OP'd since literally every BH had 70+ Dex without counting weapon buffs. And they blocked literally every attack you've thrown at them. Good times /cheer :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/7/2011 16:28:45   
goldslayer1

for god sakes people, seriously every class has its ups and downs.
like i said before, if u spent as much time making builds as u do saying mercs are Op then u might make a good strategy and build and beat them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
6/7/2011 16:33:44   
Bunshichi

^ My thoughts exactly. Players are to obsessed with losing a few times or even streaking.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
6/7/2011 16:36:21   
IsaiahtheMage

I still laugh at how more people continue to agree with him.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/7/2011 16:37:43   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

*puts on mod hat* Let's try to keep this from being a thread full of personal attacks, 'k guys?
Post #: 31
6/7/2011 17:04:50   
IsaiahtheMage

^Sure thing. I am just confused at how people find everything in ED to be "Perfectly Balanced" I mean honestly no wonder no one has barely looked at this thread everyone will see it as a joke.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/7/2011 17:07:20   
helloguy

I have been every class and I know all the classes are great in there own way and in no way any class op it's just certain stats like dex
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/7/2011 17:21:39   
IsaiahtheMage

^Its the skills that make some classes Oped like the Merc class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
6/7/2011 17:53:13   
Lectrix

@Dbag: Ok, quite honestly, I'm insulted right now. I mean, you went over to my Thread and double-posted that it should be Locked, without telling us WHY it should be Locked. You didn't contribute to the Discussion in any way. And then you went ahead and made a new Thread that mirrors mine, claiming that "everything is fine" when, clearly, we still have Balance issues.

quote:

and my tilte is better ;p

You mean you "borrowed" (for want of a better word) my Title and worked it to your own advantage

quote:

Mercs are of course the fashion trend, the flavor of the month... But new classes are coming with new builts and new flaming threads about how those new classes are supposedly overpowered.

This implies that Mercs are overpowered. The new Classes will only make Balancing an even more difficult task.

quote:

mages already had their 15 minutes of fame with the heal loop builts

This implies that Tech Mages are underpowered.

And yet, you insist that

quote:

the balance is fine

You're kidding... right? I mean, your own posts contradict your original Title.

quote:

the joke is on all those complainers trying to remake a perfectly good game because their built is not working anymore

Hardy-har-har. Alright, I'm done with the Sir Casm sarcasm.

EpicDuel is NOT a "perfectly good game". I mean, it's a good game -- but it's far from being "perfect".

Mercs have nothing to complain about. They have no reason to complain, because they are the strongest Class. They have three powerful Builds, and non-Varium Mercs will give even the best Varium Tech Mages a run for their money.

And with nothing to complain about, you Mercs are trying to keep the other Classes from complaining, because you do not wish to see an end to your reign of power.

"Balance" does not mean that a single Class should be overpowered for a few weeks at at time. And at any rate, Mercs have been overpowered in 2v2 for as long as I can remember.

I'm fed up with this. Everyone knows that there are still MANY problems with Balance. The biggest problem is that not everyone is willing to admit it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/7/2011 17:57:29   
goldslayer1

quote:

Balance" does not mean that a single Class should be overpowered for a few weeks at at time. And at any rate, Mercs have been overpowered in 2v2 for as long as I can remember.

>.>
should i even bother to reply? anything i say seems like u dont read it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/7/2011 18:01:53   
Lectrix

All Classes should be equally Balanced at the same time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/7/2011 18:04:22   
IsaiahtheMage

@Lectrix I perfectly agree with you this thread is a joke. Their is clearly still many balance issues to fix.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
6/7/2011 18:09:40   
goldslayer1

@lectrix
whatever merc is capable of doing, other classes can do it aswell.
merc can kill in 2 turns, so can BH.
merc can kill in 2 turns, so can mage.
dont ask how but its been done.

like i said mercs overfill 2 vs 2 because the have the best multi
reasons for that is, BH cant have a multi as good as merc because of the hp regen with bloodlust and tanking capabalities aswell as blocking.
and for mage, mages would be able to use the multi twice if they regain enough energy with reroute.
while others only get to use it once.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/7/2011 18:26:23   
IsaiahtheMage

@Goldslayer No the other classes arent. A Mage cant do a 2 hit combo so unless you provide proof I refuse to believe such a far fetched thing. Maybe a BH can but not very common. We all know at high levels a BH and a TM multi suck so why are you adding them to this discussion as if its proof for your arguement?
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/7/2011 18:33:18   
goldslayer1

@isaia
str merc (works better when the enemy is stunned)
str bh (not the shadow arts mass version)
but with like 135 str
maxx smoke maxx cheapshot will get the job done. (if it crits, it will have a better effect)

insane support mage.
like 147 support with energy eggzooka, and a max malf which will do about -50 tech easily.
ur robot after that should easily do 50-60. and its unblockable

keep in mind all of these builds can easily kill when the enemy is at 70-95 hp.
higher than that would obviously mean no 2 turn kill. but even then mages have their gun.

quote:

We all know at high levels a BH and a TM multi suck so why are you adding them to this discussion as if its proof for your arguement?

i brought it up because its part of the main reason why there are many mercs in 2 vs 2. and why their multis cant be as good as artillery strike WHEN spamming a certain stat. if u give tech mage and bh multi the same power as artillery when spamming stats, BH would be the most OPed out of all 3.
u wanted to know why there are many mercs in 2 vs 2, its because of their multi.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/7/2011 18:35:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/7/2011 18:37:57   
IsaiahtheMage

@Golslayer Yes but those are far fetched builds that no one has ever seen in action before. I also dont think they would really work anyway.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
6/7/2011 18:41:04   
goldslayer1

quote:

Yes but those are far fetched builds that no one has ever seen in action before. I also dont think they would really work anyway.

str merc is far fetched then. u said "A Mage cant do a 2 hit combo" and now u use far fetched as an excuse say u dont see them. i use to use a build similar to this back in august/october 2010 it worked in doing 2 turns.
but of course there weren't that many stat modifiers back then since i had bad armor, and enhancements weren't 100%
ohh and btw 666satan666 uses a max smoke cheapshot str build. i believe his highest cheapshot was 81. it gets 70-80% and its faster than str merc.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/7/2011 18:43:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/7/2011 19:00:25   
MrBones

@ Dear Lectrix, First let me say i'm sorry for the double post it was mistake. (you'll have to take my word on this one)

In my 'Tiltle is better' quote, I was reffering to the title of another thread made by REMORSE, not by you please read carefully the thread you took the quote from and the post by remorse.

In 'The flavor of the month' and in '15 minutes of fame' quote, I meant that the merc class seems OP because there are more players who are playing that class. The same thing happened when the heal loop built were in power. They were more people playing mage at that time.

quote:

Hardy-har-har. Alright, I'm done with the Sir Casm sarcasm.

EpicDuel is NOT a "perfectly good game". I mean, it's a good game -- but it's far from being "perfect".

I would like you to read my post again because I never said the balance was perfect. Again, please read carefully before making comments.

Epic  Post #: 44
6/7/2011 19:14:26   
Lectrix

quote:

In my 'Tiltle is better' quote, I was reffering to the title of another thread made by REMORSE, not by you please read carefully the thread you took the quote from and the post by remorse.

I know you were referring to Remorse's post; I was merely stating that it was an unoriginal Title.

quote:

In 'The flavor of the month' and in '15 minutes of fame' quote, I meant that the merc class seems OP because there are more players who are playing that class. The same thing happened when the heal loop built were in power. They were more people playing mage at that time.

As I said in a recent Post:

quote:

If one Class is seen more often than the others, I think we can come to the conclusion that that Class is overpowered.

Even Cinderella mentioned in the recent Design Notes:

quote:

balance is still (and always will be) a pertinent issue in a PvP game.

So how is it possible that "everything is fine"? Balance is as bad as it's ever been. While the Classes will never be completely Balanced, I'm sure that Balance can be (and has been) better.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/7/2011 21:46:32   
frosty123

All i see is complaining. Can't you guys chill out and talk about ideas that will make it balanced.

First in my opinion you should take out agility.
Second you shouldn't make everything focus on support.
Third reduce the luck factor because it has been buffed twice as far asi can see. First Arazel bane(increase crit(luck) ) and SA
Fourth stop giving weapons luck.
Fifth remove the 55 or over return thing.
sixth make it so you can only heal twice in a battle or a certain number of times(prevents heal loop)
seventh.... can't think of a way to stop str bhs or mercs.
eighth....... can't think of anything else.

Feel free toput more ideas. :)
Post #: 46
6/8/2011 1:19:11   
Firewallblast

@frosty

Lol.That's our good old forums nothing but complaining :D. First of agility can't be removed and therefore won't. All I'm seeing from ur suggestions is Xandrens thread... I agree with 5, I hate that u can't have more than 55 how about 75 or at least 65 or 60.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/8/2011 1:37:19   
State Alchemist

Ok Mercs..please explain

Why is it fair that mages LITERALLY can't use half their skills with a sword whereas other classes only lose 1 or 2 skills?

If there is justice, Mages would be able to have just as many skills with a sword as other classes!
Post #: 48
6/8/2011 1:38:26   
edwardvulture

Dbag your actually being a Dbag
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
6/8/2011 1:42:45   
Firewallblast

@State Alchmist

Stop complaining and do something about it post in the suggestion about how u can make skill useful not just command the devs to change everything to no primary. Really what's the point pf complaining. U say that devs don't listen then why complain even more we the players cant do anything about it either.

< Message edited by Firewallblast -- 6/8/2011 14:13:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: JUSTICE (everything in ED is fine)
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition