Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Thoughts/Rating on Epicduel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Thoughts/Rating on Epicduel
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/15/2011 7:04:13   
LambO

From a scale from 0-10 what would you rate epicduel. 1
Why did you rate it that much? Honestly, game sucks.
What do you find wrong with the game. Everything. Since Gamma came it turned bad.
What do you like about it? The players, who I can atleast talk with.

how to make it a better game: Get rid of every useless thing you've added since Gamma came. It's done nothing than just ruin it. Dev's need to communicate more, COME TO US before you release things, get our opinion. You make it yes, but we gotta play with it. Then most of the community gets angry, you add an achievement or something useless again & think everything is okay, which it isn't or you will try & adjust it to make it better, yet it still fails.

OR when you release something give it a week & get our feedback on it. If we don't like it remove it. Stop wasting time trying to improve it. If the majority of the player don't want it, dont keep at it, get rid of it & do something new.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
6/15/2011 7:12:41   
Hello Moto

Ohai, just visiting.
I give ED a resounding
Why?
Well, let's start from 10.
+1 because I'm a Founder ... At least I think I am.
= 11
+1 because it looks pretty
=12
-2 because of petty luck
=10
-1 because of the chance that free players have of doing anything ..... Which is to say nothing
= 9
-4 because it's simplified from a fun social game to children begging their parents for money.
=5
In other words, plain fun has been simplified to
Money = More fun
which I disagree with.

LOLJKS
Its a 1
Ditto, Lambo.
Why, Titan, why?
WHY????
Not that I've played since Christmas or anything.
Peace out for another 6 months,
Eagle

< Message edited by Hello Moto -- 6/15/2011 7:17:17 >
Post #: 27
6/15/2011 7:43:12   
King FrostLich

I give a big 4. Despite me getting easy varium through offers, game is unfair somehow, crit rate is broke even when both opponents have 2% crit rate. Game got hyper nerfed because stat progression was remodified just because gun and bazooka enhancements came and made more people spam easy stats because of this.
Epic  Post #: 28
6/15/2011 14:30:48   
Goony
Constructive!

From a scale from 0-10 what would you rate epicduel

Why did you rate it that much?

Played Epic Duel for 18 months, it is unique in the format that it uses and the PvP strategy battle format is addictive! The browser based, no download gaming market has very few games that offer the same features. Graphically the game is excellent, so it is pleasing to play with great animations and the seamless integration of high quality visual and user features appeals.

What do you find wrong with the game.

There are a few aspects of the battle engine that could be improved, such as the way the luck factors are calculated, the way rage works and the matching system in 2v2/2v1. The limited functionality of the faction war where the battle engine doesn't match on the basis of the relative alignment and other negative influences such as the war kill system. The fact that most of the action is calculated on a daily basis and doesn't offer the players who like to play for a few hours a long term outcome on a seasonal basis. The lack of events! I don't count updates as events, I mean tournaments, in game developer player interaction etc... The cost versus outcome at times gets annoying, but I do know that Nightwraith and Titan do care and that this game is very special to them and they will endeavour to listen to the player-base.

What do you like about it?

As Epic said, it has good potential. The game has evolved over the period I have played and the developers are actively building features into the game.

My solution to make it a better game is:

Employ some more staff that can actively develop the game, you need to have someone who will take some of the workload off Titan and Nightwraith so that in the future they can work on other projects. This is a critical aspect to the long term future of Epic Duel and the additional staff will generate a lot more content. It is not a matter of can you afford more staff (I personally think that you should easily be able too), the fact is that can you afford not to start training some new staff! What contingency measures do you have in place if Titan was run over by a bus?

What is the status of the Battle Engine 2.0? Has it been simplified so that you can make some changes to the base elements of the game? If so it would be good to look at balancing the luck factors!

Go back over that big list of proposed suggestions by your player base and implement some of the main features that have been requested

Best wishes go to Titan and Nightwraith and congratulations on what you have achieved to date!
Epic  Post #: 29
6/15/2011 14:38:07   
Retrosaur

@goldslayer1
1) lag, i get black screens alot every time i try to jump to someone, go to another city, or go to my house. this forces me to re log every time i get a black screen.
This is due in part to your computer. I have this problem everytime I use a slow computer, but when I use a fast one (with Core i5 :D) it never lags. Trust me, it's due to your computer or network's fault.

2) 5 focus is an OP build in the game and its really annoying how anyone without skill can just spam robots and get a 90% winrate with 5 focus. and its pretty much OP with every class and can be used for any modes. (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, and 2 vs 1)
http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=GoldSlayer1. Really? How is it annoying if you use the exact same build you describe as annoying?

3) the prices. altho i really hate to go along with the general crowd on this one
its true, the prices are pretty high for a browser game. i wouldn't mind paying $50 every 3-4 months but every month is getting too much.
there are other games i could be playing such as Combat Arms which for me only costs about $10 a month to be competitive.
perhaps if we received alot more varium for the price we pay then people wouldn't complain too much and more would be more lenient to buying varium. such ideas can be found in the Just a thought on Varium value thread
Add me! What's your IGN? :3

4) fame system, the fame system caused alot of flaming and alot of begging ingame.
but they provide nice achievement for the rating system ingame.
Agreed.

5) no creativity in today's builds *cough* 5 focus*cough*
Agreed. :D

What do you like about it?

1) the competitiveness in the game. whether its player based or faction based.
competitiveness is one of the main things that keeps me playing.

2) Factions, leaderboards, and alot of other stuff.

3) creating builds. and the stat system.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/15/2011 15:25:31   
Santa ClawZz

I give it an 8.

Why? The only thing that I don't like about EpicDuel is more community wise options. Features like permanent ignore button, appeal ban/chat lock interface, more emotes and earn-able achievements (which is not so community wise, but meh)

What do you like about EpicDuel? Well first, I like it that I'm a very old player and love this game as I did on the first day I played. Second, the amazing art and the high quality in every weapon/background. Third, unlike others,I don't consider this game a money pit. I have developed an account with 50$ since last year and I still have about 5,000 varium left on it. If I want to spend it on less useful things like a variety of weapons, war kills, buddy/inventory slots, etc., of course it would be a money pit.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/15/2011 20:36:37   
Drakadh

4.5/5
Thats my rating x) for the other AE games 4 so this is my fav :D
Its mostly because this is more strategic then the other games.

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/15/2011 21:59:19   
altimatum

4 I enjoy this better than other AE games but it has some unreasonable updates sometimes
Post #: 33
6/15/2011 22:00:43   
*Nova*

quote:

1) lag, i get black screens alot every time i try to jump to someone, go to another city, or go to my house. this forces me to re log every time i get a black screen.
This is due in part to your computer. I have this problem everytime I use a slow computer, but when I use a fast one (with Core i5 :D) it never lags. Trust me, it's due to your computer or network's fault.

2) 5 focus is an OP build in the game and its really annoying how anyone without skill can just spam robots and get a 90% winrate with 5 focus. and its pretty much OP with every class and can be used for any modes. (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, and 2 vs 1)
http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=GoldSlayer1. Really? How is it annoying if you use the exact same build you describe as annoying?

Umm, it is his own thoughts on the game. Why are you trolling him for it?
2) He uses it because he did mention it is a OP build...? O.o -- I don't know who can really resist the lust of going OP.

OT:
Really, I'd give it like a 3. Don't feel like explain why because there is too many things wrong. But I do admit it was very fun when I first began playing it. (Beta Stage after merging with AE) Back then, it was probably like a 7-8 range.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 6/15/2011 22:02:41 >
DF MQ  Post #: 34
6/15/2011 23:53:42   
endtime

It's a fun game, but lately costs have been running amok--one needs at least $50/month to stay on top. Also, despite labeling itself as a strategy game, luck has too much of a factor in the game. What would chess be like if you can critical hit? It's not really strategic. Regardless, the game is still reasonably enjoyable.

< Message edited by endtime -- 6/15/2011 23:54:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/16/2011 11:23:00   
hardcore59

in the beginning 10

when gamma started and throughout gamma 2

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Thoughts/Rating on Epicduel
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition