Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Creative Ways To Cope With Lag.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Creative Ways To Cope With Lag.
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2011 12:41:17   
goldslayer1

quote:

thats almost funny IE is suposed to be one of the worst but its better then crome i guess i should use my other computer to play ED

ikr, i use chrome with everything else and it runs fine. but when i try to run ED it starts lagging.
altho firefox isn't reallybad.,but still lags on ED
i remember one time i uploaded about 50 different videos on youtube each about 10 minutes long and it ran fine on firefox.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/23/2011 12:42:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
6/23/2011 14:06:13   
Fay Beeee

So therefore may be some of the problem lays at chromes door?

I have checked out Epic and Exile.
The 15 npc are nearly back to my usual time
I went up and down the station in epic wld 0 and wld 7. I stopped at large groups of people. Then jumped into 1v1. Not much lag at all.
The only place I found a little was in Fortune City (changing rooms) and a little at Valery.

So for now, I will use IE with cleared cache and a cleaned disc.
Epic  Post #: 27
6/23/2011 14:28:33   
Dax
Remember The Name

I recommend downloading Firefox 5. I just did so and it generally loads all my pages faster. I can't guarantee you'll notice a difference but it's worth a shot.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
6/23/2011 14:30:42   
Xx. Christian .xX

did u disk clean up just what i said?
Post #: 29
6/23/2011 14:35:39   
goldslayer1

@reyes
i do disk clean up and disk defrag every 3 days or so.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/23/2011 15:27:07   
TurkishIncubus

I play near Npc's , and use Low Graphics while playing , also equipments do more lag (like bikes , weps)

But i realy doenst feel a change since Beta , maybe thats because i use high speed internet(in turkey it changes day to day so some days i can have lag) and my pc is much good for a 2D flash game(i play other 3D Online Games with 0 lag)

Epic  Post #: 31
6/23/2011 16:40:51   
Goony
Constructive!

Fay, it's not your computer! Titan has been making changes to the 600000 odd lines of code when he has been working on the Battle engine 2.0... The lag has been worse for all of us lately, but I think it would be good if the default display setting was medium and 2 bars animation speed instead of medium and 5 bars animation speed. I always run mine on low and 1 bar animation speed and if I want quick battles normally world 3-4 and biodome or barrens ;)
Epic  Post #: 32
6/23/2011 19:29:54   
IsaiahtheMage

I doubt their is anyway to deal with lag. Titan said he reduced lag by 3x yet I see no difference except the lag no longer disconnects me. At first I thought it was just me until I seen everyone saying the same thing. Something needs to be done I losss quite a few battles because of lag skipping my turn mostly in 2 vs 2. It gets annoying.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/23/2011 19:39:13   
Zean Zapple

Fay, it's definitely not your location. I live on the East Coast of the U.S. and I experience lag as well.

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 34
6/23/2011 19:42:43   
midnight assassin

I'm not sure about this but my friend told me that if you run it in safe mode it will be faster. But the problem is I don't know how to run my computer in safe mode so I can test it.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/23/2011 19:55:33   
StriderAigis

one little thing that annoys me about Firefox is when i rollover to click on skill that little block button appears on the bottom right of th screen,lol its annoying
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/24/2011 2:25:15   
Drakadh

When my char does not load and I only see my Arm! LoLoL! Sometimes I was missing my head xD But the lag makes me miss a turn DX

~Drakadh

< Message edited by Drakadh -- 6/24/2011 2:26:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/24/2011 2:34:32   
endtime

Are you using Google Chrome? Lately this browser has been acting really slow and crashing a ton for me. Try Firefox or IE9. Although there is still lag, using these browsers help a ton. Also, music from Pandora or YouTube seems to slow down the game too, so I decided to listen to offline music only. Being in an empty world and place also helps reduce lag.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
6/24/2011 4:23:26   
charwelly

i just cop it on the chin and continue playing

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/24/2011 13:51:22   
Zean Zapple

The lag is hitting me brutally today, I'm trying to find a place to escape it, but I might just retire to Exile.

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 40
6/24/2011 15:28:06   
Wraith

@ZZ's older post; Actually, AE HQ is actually on the east coast. I will upload a pic soon.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/24/2011 18:35:47   
Illuminator

Obviously you can't get rid of all lag yourself since there is some obvious server lag, and we just have to live with it. However there are a few things you can do to reduce the lag on your end, at least this is what I do.

1. Don't use Chrome to play. Chrome is fast, but it has always had trouble with large flash applications. Recently youtube and pandora are the only flash things that I can run in chrome without it crashing. I use Firefox 5 to play ED and it is very fast and extremely stable, the only time I disconnect is when I click the X at the top right.

2. Run only ED on your computer. If you want to listen to youtube or pandora or something open it in a different web browser, get it going, and then open a plain tab that doesn't have much on it. The new tab page on Chrome works for me, google's homepage is good too. If the tab for pandora is inactive the music will keep playing but it will put minimal strain on your flash player because it won't be running the visual part.

3. Play on low graphics (most people do this already) and move the animation slider all the way to the faster side.

4. Find places that generally have few people. For example deep in the minetower is good, or down the path of the bazaar. Those almost never see people in them. Also try to stay in worlds 5 and 6, these tend to have fewer people than the rest of them. (note: these do not reduce lag in battle, just when leaving battles or joining them)

5. If you have multiple computers in your house that are all networked through 1 router try to play when the other computers are not in use by other people, routers can only handle so much traffic at once.

6. Clear your cache often. I generally clear mine a couple times a week just to keep things clean and tidy.

7. Do regular computer maintenance. My antivirus software runs a full scan every week, I run the disk cleanup scanner a few times a month, and I check to see if the disk is fragmented about once a month. Clean computers run better for a longer time, keeping your comp clean will make it last longer, so this has other perks than just less lag in ED.

All that works for me, I rarely lag on ED and my computer is just a cheap little laptop that is over a year old.

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 6/24/2011 18:38:13 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
6/24/2011 19:22:05   
Wraith

^My laptop cost $149 USD, thats way cheaper than yours and I lag only during Power Hour or when servers have over 850 people.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/25/2011 10:24:04   
One Winged Angel1357

I found a way to fight lag with IE becuase i was lagging and i turned in InPrivate browser which removes all of the tracking cookies you use for things and it is running alot faster now
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/25/2011 14:17:42   
Xendran

First of all, lets get rid of this confusion with the type of lag. Some of you are talking about a different kind of lag.

If youre experiencing slow server reaction times, refer to it as lag.

If the game is running animations slowly or choppily, refer to it as slowdown for the sake of this thread.
Regarding lag, yes, this game was lagging for me when i decided to come on for a bit yesterday.
Regarding slowdown, thats entirely dependant on your machine. Specifically your GPU+CPU+RAM combo.
Currently i experience little to no slowdown but thats because im using a phenom II quad core clocked at 4.1GHz and im using an overclocked GTX 570 and 16GB DDR3 ram with 7-7-7-21 timing. (If you don't know what that means, put in simple terms i can play any game on max graphics with the exception of things like Metro 2033, which have obscenely high specs required for good benchmarking.)

< Message edited by Xendran -- 6/25/2011 14:20:04 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Creative Ways To Cope With Lag.
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition