Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Uber Armor Quests.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Uber Armor Quests.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/9/2011 13:44:41   
Clutch

A new armor would be nice. We haven't had one since the bunny one in April... its July now! Even better, with the new quests system, why not make us quest for an armor? I've been playing AQ for a bit now, and I think the most rewarding thing is working towards earning my items, so I thought hey, how legit would it be if we could do the same here in ED?

Heres my full suggestion: Make 8 armors available, 4 +9 Res and 4 +9 Physical. All four will have either str, tech, dex, or supp as their only buff. Aka +16 Str. Call it the Ultimate _______ Armor(Str, dex, tech, supp). They will be specialized armors and not easy to acquire.
Call it the quest for the Ultimate Armors. And make the quest insanely hard. Make us get 500 pvp wins or something to be able to access one of the 8 armors. Yes, that means if you want another one, you have to do another whole quest. This will make people really earn their armors and think twice between choosing which one to buy. No requirements on the ubers. With agility and diminishing returns, you can't really say they'll be overpowered if such an armor exists anymore.

But nevertheless, they should be worth the quests maybe not by a massive stat advantage, +9 def/res and +26 stats with enhancements seems pretty reasonable. But the Ultimates could maybe have some ability to them, I'll leave that up to our amazing Devs to get out the specifics.
But i'd love for feedback on the idea.
-

AQ Epic  Post #: 1
7/9/2011 13:54:54   
Epic Pwnser

Hey, don't forget about the non-variums as well.
Their armor has not been since nearly Forever!

I would like to have new non-varium armors, through quests as well as new varium armors.

Epic  Post #: 2
7/9/2011 14:13:28   
Fatal Impact

I really like the idea of new armors, but dont you think 500 wins is a bit much? How about you make there be a purchase option to complete the quest, for example 5,000 varium and 20,000 credits. I think this would make it fair to the people who dont play as much.
Epic  Post #: 3
7/9/2011 14:18:35   
Yo son

why would I spend 500 varium on an armor? u must be on something.
AQ is awesome, got all the awe set, including the blade.
Post #: 4
7/9/2011 15:37:11   
Angels Holocaust

This game isn't supposed to take skill just money.
Post #: 5
7/9/2011 15:59:00   
Buffy A. Summers

Remember When Armors Were Actually Designed & Drawn For EACH CLASS & EACH GENDER?

Wow, Those Were The Days. Now One Size Fits All. Same Look, Same Stats. *sigh*

The Devs/Admins Have Been Called Greedy By Many In This Forum...But Few Say The Real Truth...LAZY!

How About The Next Armor Actually Be Different For Boys And Girls...Maybe Even Different Stats/Styles For Classes Too...Imagine That?

P.S. ~ Any Forum Post With The Trio Of Angels, Buffy, Clutch Is An Official 'Totalitarian Rulers' Alliance Post.

Hey It's A. B. C. ! Woot!

Off Topic - Remember The OLD ED Forum? Good Times. Wow, How Times Have Changed.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 7/9/2011 16:08:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/9/2011 16:12:29   
Wraith

^Add me in for D. Devils Wraith.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/9/2011 17:31:42   
One Winged Angel1357

Buffy for once im gonna agree with you Class and Gender Specific armors really need to come back im tried of fighting a Female TM and thinking its a male TLM

anyway i think a quest but 500 PvP wins does that include NPC's becuase most F2P would not be able to pull this off for a long time if it did not

Also for the record last F2P armor was made by Big Tuna so thats your time line

If time lines arent your thing it was in Beta

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/9/2011 17:43:19   
Tiago X

Cluthc, for once, you have spoken really wise words. May the force be with you.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/9/2011 17:51:52   
DeathSpawn
Banned

Like the idea but 500 wins isn't nearly enough for an uber item otherwise it's not really uber. Also instead of that what about more powerful npcs to fight and by defeating one you acquire the armor and I'm not talking about the bosses we have now which most defeated their first try, I'm talking something even the best build would have to get lucky to defeat.

Of course also have some lame o boss for a non varium uber armor and lets not forget they like us to pay tons for merchandise here so all that would do is unlock the ability to give us the armor not give it to us free :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/9/2011 17:52:13   
rej

YES! genius. something that isn't just pay-to-get.
would npc wins count towards the total 500?
also, there should be 2 other quests to get it. one requiring 200 2v2 wins, and one requiring 175 juggernuats.
ALSO, i think its time me moved past 16 stats. maybe its time for 10 def/res and 20 base stats.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/9/2011 17:58:13   
Drago9999

@Buffy: Totalitarianism: a single party that is often marked by personality cultism, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of speech, mass surveillance, and widespread use of terror.

@Clutch, I do hope they release more gender specific armor.

< Message edited by Drago9999 -- 7/9/2011 18:03:44 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/9/2011 18:03:15   
xxmirxx

quote:

The Devs/Admins Have Been Called Greedy By Many In This Forum...But Few Say The Real Truth...LAZY!
thats true staff are lazy I wonder how manage to keep being mod in ED.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
7/9/2011 18:22:15   
Angels Holocaust

There is one problem with having class specific armor and that's discrimination. Remember in Beta when Big Tuna created three new armors for each class? The mage class received the worst armor out of the three. That's another problem the Devs are trying to avoid and that's people complaining about differences in armors.

Then again if they do create armors with the same stats it wouldn't kill them to make them for females and males.
Post #: 14
7/9/2011 18:27:20   
xxmirxx

Bountys was worst Angels Holocaust.
quote:

Then again if they do create armors with the same stats it wouldn't kill them to make them for females and males
I agree f females armor looks like guy not to mention guys looks fat and ugly.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
7/9/2011 18:31:46   
One Winged Angel1357

Angels it was only the worst becuase people couldnt use it for there builds however Seraph armor is perfect for me it fits my build wonderfully.

Class Specific Armor the stats are put just so that it covers something Founders covered what teh classes were made for

desert cyborg came out in teh time of HLTM but it gave evey stat but support so most mages hated it becuase it didnt give the stat they needed but Dex and Tech go into a good defence and spells and many mages of the time were lacking power and the Armor gave STR so yes for what mages can do its a great armor just not for abusing healing

Seraph Armor once more gives Dex and Tech for all your casting needs and to make up for the fact that we didnt have a good Aux of the time Seraph armor also gives a support boost

so thats why armors stats are as such
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/9/2011 18:42:11   
edwardvulture

I think desert armor would work for BM quite well.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
7/9/2011 18:44:03   
Angels Holocaust

@ One Winged Angel

The Desert Cyborg armor gave +8 attack which was useless to the mage class, the mage class in beta heal looped so that means that we used high hp, support, dex, and resistance. We didn't need attack because we had deadly aim remember? The seraph armor was no good to founders because it was weaker than what we had originally. Maybe it was good to you because you were a non varium but variums were fighting on a competitive level, where each stat point mattered.
Post #: 18
7/9/2011 18:51:24   
One Winged Angel1357

Yes Angels the Devs tried to get mages off of HL in a none Nefing manor which was the point of no support modifers on Cyborg ya dig
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/9/2011 20:30:19   
xxmirxx

Big tuna was worst armor in the game. I hope to god we stop getting ugly armors. Non varium mage style is soo ugly from day one.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
7/9/2011 22:51:06   
rej

@mir

really? i thought seraph and that armor from steve 2.0 that gave 4 sup and 4 str were pretty nice looking. far superior to banana suit, bunnyborg, and dessert cyborg.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/9/2011 23:02:40   
drinde

quote:

Seraph Armor once more gives Dex and Tech for all your casting needs

Actually it gives 6 TECH and 5 SUPP. No DEX.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Uber Armor Quests.
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition