Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mods on All Time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mods on All Time
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/21/2011 5:45:21   
Wandering Guardian

How dare anybody critisize a moderator for being on a fighting leaderboard (1v1, 2v2, Jugg).

Name one moderator who started as a mod when they were at ZERO wins who is now a 'feature' on one of these leaderboards.

You might say that 'oh but titan and nightwraith cant fight that much because they work on the game. normal mods just stand around looking cool'.

If you do i believe you are very ignorant of what moderators do for the community. Wiseman, one of my oldest EpicDuel friends, spends a great deal of time working on bug fixing so YOU can have a better playing experience. He manages that with trying to maintain a leaderboard position and managing one of the oldest and greatest factions on EpicDuel, Knights of the Round. I could say the same for Dax and her faction. These people were players once, who featured nearly as much in the community as they do now. Should a change to moderator mean they are removed of all the work they built up? Hell no.

Enough said.

~WG

AQW Epic  Post #: 51
7/21/2011 7:01:43   
King FrostLich

@Wandering Guardian

I had an old friend who once went for today's 1v1 during beta and he planned it to be his last day for ED winning that achievement. He had about 700 wins and guess what? Donna Matrix, although she already won 1v1 achievement, did a stupid killing spree for nearly 3 weeks and just did 720 and it was already 1 minute and the result... my friend got 716 and Donna got 720 wins which was very VERY unfair and got mad like hell and he got quitted ED because he was also tired playing the game. DOWN WITH DONNA MATRIX GOING FOR DAILY 1v1 WHEN SHE ALREADY WON 1v1 ACHIEVEMENT!! That's for making my friend quit. D:<

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 7/21/2011 7:35:57 >

Epic  Post #: 52
7/21/2011 7:17:01   
Matgon

quote:

If moderators weren't on all the time, who would delete the bad posts?
Who would patrol the forums?
Who would ban the bad apples?
Think about it.

^This misunderstanding made my day.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
7/21/2011 7:29:23   
Fay Beeee

I see no problem with them being on the All Time Boards.
MOST of them got there through hard fighting, good builds and good strategy.

Now they are also taking care of the unruly mob in forums and games. (I am including me in the unruly mob)
They work hard and still have to try and find the time to fight.

It cannot be easy being a Mod as they have to 'KNOW' everything and walk on water. (well people think they should. lol)

They are selected because of who they are, not where they are in ranking. They must have been very helpful and show wisdom in dealing with 'us lot' (yes I included me again)

They get perks (because they do not get paid for the honour of being a mod)
So what if they get perks!!! As long as the perks are not abused, all is well. The abuse has been sorted out by taking them off the War board.

So I see no problem here at all.
This is my opinion only, so if you want to flame, then flame me (and I will ignore it LOL).
Not the people that are helpers.

Epic  Post #: 54
7/21/2011 7:34:33   
LatinLover/Martini

quote:

you dont have a problem with it because your already on the boards

AQW Epic  Post #: 55
7/21/2011 7:34:48   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

@Wandering Guardian

I had an old friend who once went for today's 1v1 during beta and he planned it to be his last day for ED winning that achievement. He had about 700 wins and guess what? Donna Matrix, although she already won 1v1 achievement, did a stupid killing spree for nearly 3 weeks and just did 720 and it was already 1 minute and the result... my friend got 716 and Donna got 720 wins which was very VERY unfair and got mad like hell and he got quitted ED because he was also tired playing the game. DOWN WITH MODS GOING FOR DAILY 1v1 WHEN THEY ALREADY WON 1v1 ACHIEVEMENT!! That's for making my friend quit. >:(

That's why I created my thread to prevent any mistake like that: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19288498
I guess someone who received the Reward(Achievement) should not be counted unless there is a new Reward(Achievement) available.
  • This way will give an opportunity to someone else to receive the Reward(Achievement) as well.
  • Post #: 56
    7/21/2011 7:42:37   
    comicalbike

i have no problem with leader boards if i am top and someone tells me they are going for 1/1 i always let them overtake me thats being cool

Epic  Post #: 57
    7/21/2011 7:52:23   
    ...Sonya...
    Banned

Ok,For one

• There Should Be No Problem With a Mod Being All Time,Because As Ashari mentioned they Get No Special Mod Perks
    • They Don't Show Up on The Fame Boards,Cause im sure they get lots of Atention.
    • quote:

A Moderators Payment isnt up for Discussion
      Quoted From An Old Topic NightWraith Replied Too

Mods play The game like you and us,Even if they get an Extra Budget(Which is well deserved)Because they Haven't got a perk that says "Put me 500 wins away from The All Time ****" They Deserve to be on All time,Which is why it won't be removed.They worked hard For it !

-Sonya
    Epic  Post #: 58
    7/21/2011 8:00:36   
    Fay Beeee

quote:

LatinLover/Martini

quote:

you dont have a problem with it because your already on the boards

Yes I am, but I am NOT a mod and never will be. :)

Like Comical, I have also slowed or stopped, if someone is trying for the 1v1. Now it does not matter so much because I too have slowed. :)
    I have never minded who was on the boards. I got where I am from just fighting hard, not always with a good build.

added from Jzaanu post
    This looks like a good idea too.
    quote:

Everything else, they should participate in, and just tagged in green, so everyone knows their position in the game.

If there is a top 20, and 5 mods are on any list, then adjust it so it shows top 25.

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 7/21/2011 8:05:23 >
    Epic  Post #: 59
    7/21/2011 8:11:03   
    LatinLover/Martini

quote:

Like Comical, I have also slowed or stopped, if someone is trying for the 1v1. Now it does not matter so much because I too have slowed. :)
    I have never minded who was on the boards. I got where I am from just fighting hard, not always with a good build.

but ur not mods... so this topic doesnt reallyapply to u

AQW Epic  Post #: 60
    7/21/2011 8:11:40   
    Bu Kek Siansu

I'm really proud of both of you Fay and Comical, nice and cool! :)
    I believe there are many people like you walking around here and in the game! I'm so proud of you all! ^_^
    Post #: 61
    7/21/2011 8:15:54   
    Basicball

ther job isn't not to play you know ...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
    7/21/2011 8:20:25   
    Bu Kek Siansu

^ They also need to take a break to have fun! :) At the same time they can patrol in the game as well. :D
    Post #: 63
    7/21/2011 8:22:56   
    Basicball

yups :)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
    7/21/2011 10:16:44   
    Cinderella
    Always a Princess

@Wandering Guardian

and how would preventing mods from having any chance of being on the leaderboard prevent that? It could have been another non-mod player who zoomed in ahead instead of a moderator. I don't mean to diminish your friend's experience, but only to point out that this is not a problem that is unique to playing against a moderator.
    Post #: 65
    7/21/2011 10:27:18   
    Wraith

And why shouldn't they? Oh they get me stars. So what? They're a mod' and thus deserve to be recognized.

They get free brainwash... its 75 wins. What does 75 wins do again?

The Varium they get isn't a perk in my opinion. I'm sure that they didn't try to become mod, just for free varium. I know for a fact that Wiseman doeshelp players, when he could be getting more wins! The deserve the varium. It is a rrward, not a payment. Dax, Ava, cinderlla, Ashari, and many many others have helped in Q&A boards so others could understand and enjoy the game more! They deserve it.They also have to work for their wins. They don't get a "click fr 5 million wins" button. Their wins are a result of hard work. The mods take time out their day to make other's playing eexperience better.

Also, bad spelling is a result of me using a crazy touch screen keyboard in a tablet. Sorry.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
    7/21/2011 11:53:52   
    Midnightsoul

also, cant they just give themselves free varium?
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
    7/21/2011 11:56:57   
    Basicball

that has nothing to do with the fighting boards
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
    7/21/2011 12:06:40   
    Zean Zapple

Hah hah hah. Moderators earn all their wins like the rest of us.

~Zean
    Epic  Post #: 69
    7/21/2011 14:54:19   
    DeathSpawn
    Banned

Also I would imagine that their job does involve playing to keep up to date with everything and to Lord, free varium is a great payment. Some players have spent thousands. Personally I have spent 600 and keep in mind they get this with many other additional benefits.

Nothing wrong with the free varium but It would be nice to know whether it's presented as varium or battleon points....

BattleOn points to be used on other accounts should definitely not be allowed....

Stay on topic, and stop with the anti-forum rants. This is not optional. ~LB

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 7/21/2011 15:00:55 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 70
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mods on All Time
    Page 3 of 3<123
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition