Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes - July 21, 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes - July 21, 2011
Page 14 of 18«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/22/2011 18:15:20   
DeathGuard

Too much flaming here, Wow is quite too hot, I will wait for it to be calm
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 326
7/22/2011 18:18:02   
DEATH_CoUnTs

@cyberbakio ryugan - Well we just got done hearing that the LQS and Balancing update have been delayed till next week so yes I would expect some flaming for quite awhile.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 327
7/22/2011 18:23:50   
Sageofpeace

nothing make sense in this game, now we have to wait another week for some crappy armor with unwanted stat and terrible look

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 328
7/22/2011 18:31:10   
LANDIS
BATORO! Huge in Gothpan

I fully understand and recognize everyone's disappointment. Please bear in mind that Epic Duel is a game still in convolution and with a modestly sized development team at that. When a game is still testing it's to be expected that not everything is going to go as smoothly as we'd all like.

You're frustration is totally valid. That being said, I for one am very appreciative for the ED Game Staff's continued hard work to make Epic Duel as balanced, as bug free and as fun as can be!

DF Epic  Post #: 329
7/22/2011 18:34:04   
MirageD

^....i hear you....but i find it a bit odd that this delay occurred on the same day as a major AQW release...where ARTIX wants to show a sponsor all of the support they can provide by forcing all of their customers into AQW
AQW Epic  Post #: 330
7/22/2011 18:34:05   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Sageofpeace- I thought it was pretty competitive for a FTP armor. I'll also point out as I did earlier- I posted the stats in the DNs before they were released. You shouldn't be surprised by the stats when they're in the game

@MirageD- we usually try to have small updates when they're competing with a big AQW event

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 7/22/2011 18:35:34 >
Post #: 331
7/22/2011 18:34:41   
Feral Ninja

Jeez....
So we wait 2 weeks for a few non varium armors?

Atleast roll out the Balance update... >.< How hard is it to change a few percentages in a flash game? It.Is.Not.That.Hard.

Back in the good ol' days, when Multimedia (The forum) was still around, I even helped a few people... And too change all percentages from approximately 7 classes (About 40 skills) took one person under 2 hours.
But that was because he already knew how to balance them... (Thanks to the help of some fellow gamers. AKA the community.)

That's why the devs refusal to accept any of our well grounded arguments of Balance are causing the updates to be VERY slow.
You can crunch out numbers all day long if you want, but if you want balance...LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 332
7/22/2011 18:34:46   
DeathGuard

@Landis: I know they worked a lot, but most are dissapointed since no varium armor was release, but I'm happy for nonvariums they got new armors
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 333
7/22/2011 18:35:20   
Lenofor

Cindy, can we at least get an pic of the LQS armor?
DF Epic  Post #: 334
7/22/2011 18:36:06   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Lenofor- as soon as I have one to give you. :3
Post #: 335
7/22/2011 18:37:10   
DeathGuard

seems like fame bug isnt being fixed today, maybe tomorrow it will be done :P.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 336
7/22/2011 18:40:04   
Arcanis

quote:

I fully understand and recognize everyone's disappointment. Please bear in mind that Epic Duel is a game still in convolution and with a modestly sized development team at that. When a game is still testing it's to be expected that not everything is going to go as smoothly as we'd all like.

You're frustration is totally valid. That being said, I for one am very appreciative for the ED Game Staff's continued hard work to make Epic Duel as balanced, as bug free and as fun as can be!

I have been here for almost 2 years now and this isn't the first time those or similar sentence constructions/excuses were made.
Something also tells me it ain't last time either.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 337
7/22/2011 18:44:41   
Sageofpeace

the problem is not that they don't make the release on time because i clearly understand epicudel is not a game of promise since they can't keep their promise, always delaying update if you can't do it on time don't put a date on the design note

Edit

cindy yes i can see that you put the stat but im not talking about those one im talking about the varuim ones

do you even have the stat for those one it will be great to know a week before so we don't rage in the forum like monkeys

< Message edited by Sageofpeace -- 7/22/2011 18:49:27 >
Post #: 338
7/22/2011 18:50:37   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

but if you want balance...LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY.

The problem is theirs a lot of people on the forum that like to suggest changes, or argue against changes to protect their chosen class, and ofc
their win ratio. gotta be careful what you wish for my friend, cause it could get a lot lot worse if they listen to the wrong people in the community.

Post #: 339
7/22/2011 18:53:27   
LambO

@Cinderella, so remove that character?
A level 4 that's been here longer than me, does nothing & yet it's still there?

Remove all the characters that just ain't in use anymore, not just level 1's. =/
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 340
7/22/2011 18:54:12   
DEATH_CoUnTs

@Sageofpeace - They don't promise things that will be released they merely mention that they might release and then us the community will just have to rely on the odds of if they get it done or not. At least that how they make me feel. I'll make sure to never get my hopes up for a release again.

< Message edited by DEATH_CoUnTs -- 7/22/2011 18:56:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 341
7/22/2011 18:57:00   
Basicball

btw, what's 'not in use', as i have a lvl 1 TM that i'm trying to make the lowest lvl char with most stars (3 so far), and i don't want him deleted

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 342
7/22/2011 18:57:05   
Sageofpeace

dude why would you step up for them when they always delay their update and not to add how unpleasant most of them are
Post #: 343
7/22/2011 18:59:12   
DeathGuard

Basicball: They say afk characters :P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 344
7/22/2011 19:00:25   
DEATH_CoUnTs

If anything I am definitely not standing up for them. I am as disappointed as you are. Im just pointing out that everything they say that will be released most likely won't be released in full. In other words they put alot of "maybes" in their design notes.

< Message edited by DEATH_CoUnTs -- 7/22/2011 19:02:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 345
7/22/2011 19:04:53   
Basicball

quote:

dude why would you step up for them when they always delay their update and not to add how unpleasant most of them are

you seriosly think the devswant i to be unpleasan? they are doing everything in their might to make it as fun as possible, an all some peole do is flame them...
well, let me quote NW on this one:
quote:

, all I can say is if EpicDuel makes you so unhappy, maybe you should stop playing. Life is too short to get worked up over a browser game that you evidently stopped enjoying a long time ago. If you decide to change your mind, your characters will still be waiting for you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 346
7/22/2011 19:11:06   
LambO

All I can say, if most of the community is unhappy with the Dev's why don't they move on?
Life is too short to get flamed every day over a browser game. If they decide to release stuff on-time & get things done like they should, we will be here with smilies on our faces waiting for them.

I stopped enjoying this game along time ago. Why should I leave when I put money into this game?
Are the gonna refund me for all that I've payed & give me back my time I've put into the game?
Nope...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 347
7/22/2011 19:13:24   
Fatal Impact

Please post a picture and stats of the new armor to give us something to look forward to.

I think thats the least you can do at this point -.-
Epic  Post #: 348
7/22/2011 19:33:27   
Lord Barrius

I know a lot of you are frustrated right now, but please try to keep posting down to a lower roar.

If you can express your complaints without language, insults, etc, it makes the forum staff's job a lot easier (mostly because it allows us to sit back and let you all continue to discuss the topic on your own in peace, rather than having us hop in and tell people to stop yelling at each other and all that stuff). Believe it or not, I actually prefer gaming to post removal. :P

One thing I'm noticing here is that you guys are really big on balancing out the game. I can definitely relate to that. Perhaps you might take some time to construct some arguments and numbers about what things you think really need to be addressed, and then send them along to Cindy so that she can relay them to the rest of the dev team? It might be easier for the team to get a handle on what you think needs to be fixed if you can compile it all into one nice big bundle to give to Cindy. :)

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 7/22/2011 19:34:04 >
Post #: 349
7/22/2011 19:38:14   
The Shadow Dragon

Hey guys, lets give Tactical Merc's every skill ingame without any requirement's or energy cost,no credit/varium cost, and strip all the other classes of their skills and replace them with Trollface skill's. That would solve everything, now wouldnt it?
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes - July 21, 2011
Page 14 of 18«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition