Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (HS) Trials of Morality Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) Trials of Morality Discussion
Page 8 of 11«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/3/2011 9:09:44   
Vector

any guesses on what 'mr. 82' is? it is a sniper rifle, yes, but there's still plenty of kinds of them.
Post #: 176
10/3/2011 12:59:40   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Barret M82 .50 calibur (BMG) sniper rifle. Hope my answering correctly doesn't annoy you, since you asked the others to guess.

It is relatively inaccurate at range when compared to some other sniper rifles, so I'd reccomend using HE or incindiary rounds to compensate.

I prefer the Intervention M-200, myself, because of the longer range and the accuracy, although the bolt action is somewhat... annoying.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 10/3/2011 13:00:11 >
DF  Post #: 177
10/3/2011 13:24:45   
Vector

first come first serve drakky. it's just how it works.

yeah the ROF (rate of fire) really bites the bullet whenever bolt action's involved... but could the M82 poke a hole in a tank with the right ammo, or are you better off using something else?

EDIT: i didn't ask clown if he wanted in yet... i should do that soon

< Message edited by Vector -- 10/3/2011 14:05:54 >
Post #: 178
10/3/2011 15:12:31   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I do believe it could, yes. There are specific weapons for doing so, known as anti-material rifles (The Barrett is actualy one of them, but I believe there are better ones compared to it), which work well for piercing just about anything, if I remember correctly; The M82 should have enough power to do so, albeit I am not completely certain (Do to the fact that modern tanks may have improved defenses against that weapon which I am not aware of, which may have been circumvented in more modern weapons).

If you want a wide range of uses for your ammunition, such as having deadly explosive capabilities, the incindiary capability of igniting jet fuel, and armor piercing capabilities at once, I reccomend using
Mk 211 rounds, which are compatible with the Barrett.

I have just done some research, and have discovered that the most modern tanks are too well protected to be effectively taken out by the Barrett in that capacity, albeit you would promably be able to disable them, or even destroy them, by hitting strantegic weakpoints. One of us would have to do the research to find out where, or if, they could be destroyed by the method I just mentioned, though.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 10/3/2011 15:46:29 >
DF  Post #: 179
10/3/2011 15:35:27   
Vector

huh. never thought of that... think they might be able to use the FMJ's (full metal jacket) though?
Post #: 180
10/3/2011 15:39:07   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

By "they", do you refer to the Barrett? If so, yes it could, but the professionals would probably use something better.

The FMJ round was the best (normal [as in just the metal slug and whatever it is incased in] used as a weapon {surrounded by the full metal jacket, in this case}])type of round that the Geneva convention would allow for anti-personel purposes (I could be wrong, but I think I am correct on that), although others were more effective...

Oh, I edited my above post, btw.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 10/3/2011 15:44:12 >
DF  Post #: 181
10/3/2011 15:54:31   
Vector

good thing Psi's on the heroes' side then. the army would be one heck of a tough nut to crack.
I'd expect the villians to be using something more like the mutants from death's trials as their makeshift 'tanks,' though. it'd seem fitting to their nature if you ask me
Post #: 182
10/3/2011 16:01:56   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Indeed. The army would be a VERY tough nut to crack.

That seems relatively likely, yes. They, however would be vulnerable to the devestation that is the anti-material rifle.

They have more smashers, though, which evens things out in my oppinion.
DF  Post #: 183
10/3/2011 16:08:40   
Vector

not unless the extra manpower were demoralized, then they'd probably be running away screaming like little girls XD

ooh... that gives me a good idea... well, thanks for the info!
Post #: 184
10/3/2011 16:11:04   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Hehe... Glad I could help...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Very exciting, this little story is getting...
DF  Post #: 185
10/7/2011 22:37:35   
Crystal Lion

Yikes! What's going to happen now that Psi's seen his worst nightmare?
Post #: 186
10/7/2011 22:46:15   
Vector

the nightmare is the worst case scenario. that's all i can say without triggering my own spoiler alarm :P
Post #: 187
10/8/2011 1:57:32   
Shadowlord9k

Right let's see if I can comment on this now...Shame most of my comments were already said or I forgot them...

Gatling Shotgun...something about that seems fatally flawed...I just don't know what.
---
Ducktape could make the Kevlar fit better...
Why did you choose Lokos?
...Hmm interesting choice of heroes used...
spoiler:

I was going to make a joke that his worse nightmare would have been a clown, but using my prediction skills it's probably a dead Demo. Well that and ClownTheJester showing up there would be a bit scary in context.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 188
10/8/2011 6:19:04   
Crystal Lion

spoiler:

Add the villains' bomb-ordinance to that?
Post #: 189
10/8/2011 8:45:42   
Vector

quote:

Gatling Shotgun...something about that seems fatally flawed...I just don't know what.

worst range ever.
reason i picked Lokos was noone replied to my PM request if they wanted in, so I assumed they didn't want to be in it :/

@crystal: that's part of what makes his 'nightmare' the worst case scenario. Demo's still alive though guys.
Post #: 190
10/8/2011 12:28:10   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

New chapter? O.o

Well, that's somewhat serendipitious (speaking of the vest)...

Interesting theories on the villains' actions, I suppose... Then again, they could just be toying around with you guys to set up their strategy for victory to take place...

Ooh... Lokos is a nasty fellow...

Yeah... I thought Demo would be the heroic VIP... It's probably just to screw with you, and make it harder to win, considering the fact that if they get in a possition to where they can attack her vicinity in a "never ending" onslaught of foes, then Lokos could just sit back and do nothing while he watches the heroes get overrun... Especially if the villains attack from both ground and air... and with ranged weapons... I mean, Demolicious is not invincible... She would be quite vulnerable, relatively speaking. Death's choice of her, in fact, gives the heroes a great disadvantage, considering a single sniper could win victory for the evils.

Posting in case of blue screens...

Back to commenting...

Planning to take out Death, eh? I knew this would happen sooner or later... I wonder if it is appropriate to do it in the middle of war, when Demo could be killed at any moment... especially if she is planning on helping in the attack on him...

Blah blah blah, emotional stuff that is well written, but difficult to comment on...

I don't know... I think one hero or another would have been able to take you out before the world ended... Or at the very least, the US govornment would have nuked you... which would probably at the very least have stopped you by covering you in rubble, if not destroying you completely, which is the more likely outcome, but eh, I'm leaving room for error/lack of tactical knowledge..

I'm guessing some villain or another took the opportunity of the trip to the future to capture/enslave said mutant/s.

What you really needed in a situation like that is for the military to hit the villain's based with a thermobaric missile/bomb...

Seems Celestin has joined the fray... I wonder if I could turn Zafara to the heroes' side, like I did in the actual war... or at least whenever I was fighting in it... I don't technically have the intell on what she was doing the other times, but based on what I do have, after the first bit, she seemed to be supporting the heroes, even if her attitude was melancholic, and she didn't think they would win...

To be continued, eh? And with a cliffhanger, too... Let's just see what that nightmare is, shall we?

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 10/8/2011 12:52:39 >
DF  Post #: 191
10/8/2011 12:38:41   
Vector

which is exactly why Psi told her to keep her head down... and outta sight, especially with that laser poppin out once in a while... but, if Psi went kamikaze after demo got shot and managed to take out Lokos...

EDIT: sounds like you don't have a reliable computer, Drakky :|

< Message edited by Vector -- 10/8/2011 12:43:29 >
Post #: 192
10/8/2011 12:56:38   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Yeah, I was thinking that if you charged out and managed to take out Lokos before she was able to be killed in a situation like that, then the heroes could still win, but I am not sure about the status of Lokos' immortality... Some say he is truly immortal, others say he would just be able to live forever (or at least a very long time) if he wasn't killed... I personally think he can actually die, but you know what I mean...

My computer has been better recently, but the blue screen incursion is still within my recent memory, so I am being extra careful...

I edited my previous commentary, btw.
DF  Post #: 193
10/8/2011 13:47:42   
Vector

yeah i know. lokos cant just age like normal humans do, from what you're saying, but then again... neither does Psi.

the villains won't be so quick to just snipe Demo, though. they want to poke a nasty hole in the heroes' morale and boast their victory at the same time, which that might give the cyborg a chance to pull off a last ditch effort.
Post #: 194
10/8/2011 15:37:23   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Eh, I wouldn't think they would, either, but it could happen at any time, and without warning. That hellscape (figuratively speaking) is pretty big.

As I said, I technically don't know what type of immortality he has, and he also is a very powerful warrior, aside. I think you'd probably make a good match-up fighting-wise, but idk, he very well could have supperior ranged capabilities, and I am not sure about close combat...
DF  Post #: 195
10/8/2011 15:48:21   
delta blitz

Interesting new chapter o.- I believe a villain should just kill first and ask questions later as boasting only gives the hero a chance to counterattack.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 196
10/8/2011 16:01:15   
Vector

Psi can still use that jet pack type thing as a speed boost over to him in case things get really bad, but that might eat up plenty of the energy he needs to stay active.

Either way, don't expect death to get away with his little shenanigans that easily...

EDIT: @delta: but if they actually kidnap demo, their resulting pride would likely overwhelm their (lack of) reasoning.

< Message edited by Vector -- 10/8/2011 16:06:31 >
Post #: 197
10/9/2011 2:29:33   
Goldstein

Will you ever disappoint?
Post #: 198
10/9/2011 8:54:39   
Vector

don't tempt me, goldstein... :P

i'm at the point that i really need to think about how i set the next chapter up, so... don't be surprised if i go a while without a new chapter, but then again it might not be on hold very long. who knows?
Post #: 199
10/12/2011 14:47:07   
delta blitz

Finally a new chapter x3, I personally enjoy reading other people's stories while writing mine as it helps me compare and contrast. The new chapter is pretty informative, and seeing as you are adding people to your story, perhaps you can add my character as well(the one I use on HS not the one I'm currently writing about).
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) Trials of Morality Discussion
Page 8 of 11«<678910>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition