Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Should rares power raise with your levels?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Should rares power raise with your levels?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/30/2011 14:21:14   
edwardvulture

@Frostlich If enhancements were lowered but not removed to a max of 5 or 3, there would be significantly less overpowered builds. Therefore, there would be a lot less copied builds.

and WB Jzaazu
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
8/30/2011 16:18:34   
Yo son

I think only Phrase weapons should be buff! during levles, example, Alpha, BETA, DELTA.
Post #: 27
8/31/2011 5:12:32   
zion

@Yo son: Are these the weapons you have and/or use?

It isn't really constructive for everyone to get on these forums and say

"BUFF THIS" or "BUFF THAT"

When THIS or THAT is exactly what that person paid Varium for. (Or their only rare and/or high lvl weapons)

Can there please be some level of standardization for item power/stats based on the item's level, Varium cost and rarity?

Can we end the random buffing?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/31/2011 21:20:44   
redxtra

its like trying to bring back the PS1 now that the PS3 is out
its impossible
they are rares now.
i mean if you want promos to be buffed up with lvl go play aqw
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
8/31/2011 21:53:22   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

I think what this community really needs is an official statement regarding the pricing/buffing/rarity of weapons.

I believe 95% of complaining will stop if there was some official policy that we could point to when someone starts complaining about the strength (or lack thereof) of their weapons.

Wiseman's post here explains the policy that was decided upon. Seasonal-Rare weapons getting a buff each year won't be happening. The Halloween Seasonal-Rares will be the last to get a buff. The Christmas Seasonal weapons will not be getting rebuffed again, nor will any other seasonal-rares.

The random buffing is stopping. Equipment is going to be adjusted now only if it's for balance reasons. Most Seasonal-Rares are already heavily overstatted for their level and making the balance problem worse isn't what we want.

quote:

@Frostlich If enhancements were lowered but not removed to a max of 5 or 3, there would be significantly less overpowered builds. Therefore, there would be a lot less copied builds.

Removing or reducing enhancements at this point from equipment just isn't possible. There's no system in place to remove the extra stats from weapons that have already been enhanced or refund the Varium that's been used for those enhances.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
8/31/2011 21:58:28   
One Winged Angel1357

First thing first

@Wiseman you would be a horrible salesman and if you are in real life im sure you use a different sales pitch then that, You can buy this new shiny whatever but the old one works just as well.

now on topic i feel that a slight buff every year marking the aniversery of the rare items release it should recieve a little buff but not enough to destroy the slim power balance we have between free players and Varium players becuase the point of teh game is for everyone to be happy or most anyone atleast

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/31/2011 21:58:52   
Wiseman

@Jzaanu: Sorry, but you are not entitled to any form of compensation for that particular change. When you agreed to the terms of service, you agreed to the developers making changes with or without your prior knowledge and with or without compensation. It's all written in the agreement that you and every other player signed when you first made your account, keep in mind it's not the happiest thing for me to admit, but it's a fact that there will be no compensation for that change. Also that particular change was unavoidable, the only other option would have been to give the Mercenary and Bounty Founder armors Mage stats, but we just went with the majority. Mage was out ranked 2/1 and that's the only factor that we based our decision on, as for the beta items, I'm actually not sure how the new stats for that where decided.

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm just stating the facts.

@One Winged Angel1357: I'm not a salesman and I'm not trying to be one, and if I was one I'd probably rely on impulse strategies to get the job done, because they work (but that's just me).

Anyway even if a small buff to items won't hurt the balance gap too much, if we continue to buff them players will continue to expect buffs. How many times would we have to keep buffing them that "little bit" before they understand they have become overpowered? The best solution is to end it before it becomes a problem, to nip it in the bud now while we have the chance, and that's what we plan to do.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 8/31/2011 22:06:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/31/2011 22:15:14   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Wiseman any player who had maxed enhanced the armor and beta spent quite a bit. There should be something added like an enhancement credit applied in either credits or varium so player's don't feel undercut from this purchase.

Who's to say the game doesn't do this again. I would be very weary of any player buying enhancements with varium just for these issues. Expressing legalities with me is fine, but consideration is deemed more respectful.

If this game wishes to adjust their methods, then some sort of compensation would be respectful.

For me personally, I never enhanced the armor, so it doesn't apply to me, and I posted on behalf of players who didn't appreciate this change.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 8/31/2011 22:16:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
9/3/2011 5:53:57   
Wiseman

As we have decided not to buff anymore rares for any reason, I don't see any reason to leave this discussion open.

Thread Locked.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19570518

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 9/3/2011 21:29:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Should rares power raise with your levels?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition