Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Battles are Fries and Not Burgers.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Battles are Fries and Not Burgers.
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2011 17:52:59   
DeathGuard

Wiseman: You're right wiseman, why pay for the whole combo if you will only eat a piece of it?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
9/4/2011 18:01:15   
One Winged Angel1357

@WM that was so confusing the first time i read it then i understood and your right we need some nic short fights and soem nice long fights to make our day complete but with that theory we also need some NPc soda to wash all the frys and burgers down.

@Spart yep TLM's eat me for breakfast but i can hold my own against other classes I've even been told by soem Variums if i was Full Varium i would be a real challenge
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/4/2011 18:04:44   
DeathGuard

No need to be a full varium I'm not, but I'm good, I still have a nonvarium aux . Also you only need better items and a new build to be a great player, you already are but you can improve.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
9/4/2011 18:06:16   
Sparticus

Wise the fries guy! You are right, we should always be able to get the entire meal. But wait! A meal is usually a burger or two and a bunch of fries! Lately, its more like that place where you get 100 tiny, little nasty burgers that are only good at 2am and no, I mean no fries.

Remember the thesis: I am not suggesting all fries, I'm just suggesting a better meal plan. I want my fries back. I would like to see a giant size order of fries and a single, gourmet burger. Whats wrong with that? ED battles should be more like fries and less like a burger.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
9/4/2011 18:15:10   
DeathGuard

Other metaphor we can use is that the short fights are the meat balls and the lag and skip turns are the acid sauce we can add to it, and the large fights are the spaguethis.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
9/4/2011 18:23:27   
Sparticus

Yes we could if that was the theme of the thread but since the theme of this thread is already established, using another metaphor would be considered thread hijacking. In keeping with the theme, that would make you the Hamburglar.

quote:

WIKI= The Hamburglar was a pint-sized thief who first appeared in March 1971 and one of the first villains on the commercials, he is dressed in a black-and-white hooped shirt and pants, a red cape, a wide-brimmed hat, and red gloves whose primary object of theft was hamburgers. The character, like Grimace, started out as a villain, only he was old, had a long nose, gray hair, and was called the Lone Jogger in some 70's commercials; sporting a shirt that said, "Lone Jogger". He was revised in the mid-80s, his look changed from a trollish old man to a red-headed child, and his unintelligible muttering became the familiar "robble robble." Hamburglar was later retired.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
9/4/2011 18:25:59   
DeathGuard

My destiny has been revealed D: xD hahaha anyways is a good example though :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
9/4/2011 18:53:32   
tigura

I love burgers!! Theres nothing like a juicy 25 round fight :) Except a juicy 30 round fight (o.O)
DF Epic  Post #: 33
9/4/2011 19:03:25   
Stabilis

Know what would be cool? If there were advanced battle settings, the following choices: Normal fast matches (about 10 second turns), and casual matches (about 20 second turns).
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
9/4/2011 19:10:48   
Sparticus

You know what, there already are advanced choices. It's called "challenge" someone. If you see a build that you think will give you a good, long burger fight then challenge them. If you see a small fry out there that looks tasty then challenge them. I hardly ever get challenged any more but in the old days you couldn't even walk around because you would be inundated with them. And that was when I was considered a tough fight, not now that I use a walker to get around central station. LOL
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
9/4/2011 19:28:05   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I love fries, but isnt epic duel indeed like cheese?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
9/4/2011 19:28:13   
Buffy A. Summers

All This Talk Of Fries And Burgers Is Making Me... Hungry.

Time To Put On The Fat Suit (Space Warrior Armor).

Buffy Needs Food.

lol

On Topic: To Each Their Own. Do (Play) As You Please.

AQW Epic  Post #: 37
9/4/2011 19:40:55   
Stabilis

Thanks, Sparticus. I'm not that dumb, just suggesting features ya 'know.
AQ Epic  Post #: 38
9/4/2011 19:45:20   
Giras Wolfe

Fortunately, you can use a burger build (like heal loop) or a fry build (like super high-str) so you have some control over your fast food experience.

Really, I'm more of a burger person. Burning through sheer numbers of battles has never really inspired me. (Even though in real life, I hate hamburgers and love fries.)

More food for thought: Would an extremely repetitive and dull PvP experience be cold fries?

Dinner conversation: I challenge players all the time, but they almost always ignore me. They'd rather hope for an easy fight in 1v1, it seems. Cowards. I really wish I had been a professional player in the "golden days" of beta, but I was still in the noob phase. Oh well.

< Message edited by Giras Wolfe -- 9/4/2011 19:50:05 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
9/4/2011 20:16:22   
Sparticus

Cold fries are NPC battles with an npc 4-5 levels lower then yourself.

It's just as boring to work through a 10 round battle when you're smart enough to already know the outcome(trouble is most just are not). I'm not sure what players hope for when they face someone with a burger build but I just think, clogged arteries and a heart attack. I'd rather choke on a burnt fry I scrapped off the bottom of the bag. Shoot me now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
9/4/2011 20:20:54   
helloguy

burgers like the heart attack burger

Google it

< Message edited by helloguy -- 9/4/2011 20:21:51 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
9/4/2011 20:29:20   
Retrosaur

Sparticus
Yum should be an item in game :3
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
9/4/2011 21:27:10   
Sparticus

Suggestions like the Burger Cannon, Fry Shooter and the dreaded Soda Refill Booster belong in the suggestion forum.

I was thinking (yeah right, I know) that there should be a way to even out all builds so that they all fall into a certain zone of food-ee-ness.

On the spectrum of food/battles it goes something like this:

Lick of a lollipop-----a cheerio--------fries-------slice of pizza--------tuna sandwich---------- deluxe cheeseburger------40oz prime rib---------an entire cow

Why can't we all just get a slice? I'm hoping for the zone between fries and the burger. I'll settle for the tuna sandwich. UGG
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
9/4/2011 21:51:17   
One Winged Angel1357

Spart i like cold fries but i hate NPC fights
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
9/4/2011 23:07:50   
AQWPlayer

I like both burgers and fries (both literally and metaphorically), but I don't like cold fries as much because they don't taste as good (again both literally and metaphorically lol). It would be nice if there was an auxiliary with which you point at YOURSELF (no kidding :P) and shoot a load of fries and burgers then you vomit in front of the enemy, disabling his close-range attacks and giving an 20% chance each turn for 3 turns to be stunned :D (because the enemy smells your vomit and loses consciousness :O)
AQW  Post #: 45
9/4/2011 23:52:38   
Rabies
Lightning Speed!

Agreed. There should be more fries then hamburgers, if you have 50 hamburgers, and 5 fries, you're gonna be pretty full. If you have 50 fries, and one or two hamburgers, than you'll be a satisfied customer. I really like fast battles more than I do longer battles, but we should be able to have both, just not too much of both. Maybe 2 long battles for every 10 fast battles.

< Message edited by Rabies -- 9/4/2011 23:53:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
9/5/2011 0:27:08   
RAB

WOAH! I smelled this post all the way from AQ, took me a while to get here, and finally found where this delicious smell was coming from, and I must say, that I am highly satisfied. ^_^
ANYWAY! Speaking of fries and burgers, man I could really use BOTH of those right now! I would rather have more fries than burgers though, for my new "FRY LAWNCHAH!" bazooka in EpicDuel, and yes the "!" is very well included. Why wouldn't I just launch out burgers because burgers are bigger you say? Well the answer is simple, you launch a burger, it hits your opponent, then it just falls right off! That's not fun, But if i launch a fry, its possible that it'll get stuck in your opponents eyes! "FRY LAWNCHAH!" + fries in their eyes = epic win!
And also if you ever get hungry during battle, you can always launch one at yourself, with a 100% chance of you choking on one...but you will enjoy the lovely taste of the "FRY LAWNCHAH!" until you pass out of course. ^_^
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
9/5/2011 1:10:15   
Wiseman

With permission from RAB I will now translate his post, keep in mind him and I have been in the same faction for over a year, so I am practically a Certified RAB Translator.

What he's saying is that he enjoys both, but he prefers fries over burgers because fast battles (fries) make a larger impact on the community than slow battles (burgers). He also mentions how you can even enjoy a battle when you lose if it's of the faster variety.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 9/5/2011 1:17:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
9/5/2011 1:11:21   
frosty123

Rab@ I like your nose.
Post #: 49
9/5/2011 1:18:36   
RAB

Well said Wiseman! That's some really good RAB translation skills you have there. Frosty, thanks! I....like your nose as well? It would be a lot nicer.....IF IT HAD A TASTE FROM THE "FRY LAWNCHAH!"....just saying.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Battles are Fries and Not Burgers.
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition