Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye
Page 35 of 40«<3334353637>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2013 4:05:24   
skydrite
Silently watching...

Sure, I would really like to update the rules first and also check if there are any outdated stickies.

AQ  Post #: 851
10/8/2013 4:22:01   
kkutwar

If its not too much to ask, why the sudden interest in improving this area?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 852
10/8/2013 4:25:14   
Heroic Necro

Because it's pretty much dead but they still need a place to send people who try to make games in the normal OOC. Couple that with Kose passing the torch to some new blood and suddenly we're a restoration project.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 853
10/8/2013 4:27:56   
kkutwar

Yeah but if it was just to send people from the OOC Room its not like they need to rework the entire area just for that. Plus Sky is an Admin, so I would figure there's a bigger reason than just tidying the place up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 854
10/8/2013 5:05:23   
skydrite
Silently watching...

The simple reason is I think we can and will improve. The goal is to improve but stay fun for everyone (and no, the name may have changed but this will still be your gaming forum that you used to know). This will not be possible though without the help of everyone using and posting in this board.
AQ  Post #: 855
10/8/2013 5:19:03   
Kosefira

I don't think this change in management is going to be as huge of a difference as you think.

I'll still be around, watching and posting from time to time. My life may have become a lot busier, but it doesn't mean I can't spend time in the place I played a lot of fun games, albeit with different wallpaper.
Post #: 856
10/8/2013 7:21:58   
Nartbor

Quick question. Why does it say "for confirmed games" on the FG ooc subforum can we still put pending ooc threads there?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 857
10/8/2013 7:48:54   
DragonYugi

So, I suppose that if I made a contest it would be against the rules?

Or can we still make contests, even with the new "Forum Games" facelift?
Post #: 858
10/8/2013 7:50:46   
Nartbor

contests normally get shunned anyway. When is the last time any of us participated in a contest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 859
10/8/2013 7:53:40   
DragonYugi

This might sound like coming from an old man but during my time in the UCaG, I remember that a few (3-4) contests popped up!

Of course, they were unsuccesful in the end, but don't we all make mistakes?

Edit: Oh, and by the way. Skydrite, is Eukara's "=UCaG= Reminder" post in the "Pending Games" section REALLY necessary? I mean, the whole point of a SNEAKY disclaimer is that it is... well, you know, SNEAKY - people are supposed to read the rules - this might not apply for those who already made a game, but for the newcomers - sheesh.

If it is meant to not discourage newcomers (and as such, telling them to put the disclaimer in their games) in making a game then remove the disclaimer since it is POINTLESS in this case.

< Message edited by DragonYugi -- 10/8/2013 7:58:12 >
Post #: 860
10/8/2013 8:21:25   
Kosefira

That was my post. The rules are being reviewed. In the meantime, continue following the rules as they are.
Post #: 861
10/8/2013 14:30:48   
liamliam1234liam

quote:

this will still be your gaming forum that you used to know

I was going to make a joke about collecting records, but I believe kkut has that covered.
DF  Post #: 862
10/8/2013 14:59:28   
kkutwar

Yeah I would prefer not having to cram every game in existence into my e-mail account, so... Since a game has to be good enough (or there's not a lot of votes) to win Game of the Month then perhaps they could get archived somewhere in this area? Thus we won't be overflowing with old games, and there probably would be repeat winners for several months so there's shouldn't be that many new games to archive. Plus it gives another incentive to vote each month, and it would be a possible motivator for GMs to do their best. To further cut-down on future archived games, I would say only the Winner for a month earns the right to future archiving.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 863
10/8/2013 15:32:09   
Heroic Necro

quote:

OOC threads for the Confirmed Games.

No, please. We already went over this. It's absolutely pointless to postpone a games OOC to wait for it to be approved. An OOC is used to help flesh out a game while it's still in its construction phase while also getting applications in. Forcing people to wait only serves to waste time.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 864
10/8/2013 16:05:14   
Reaper Sigma

I believe that's from way back when people applied in the game thread (the days I've only heard of).

I think we're all making sort of a big deal about the whole name change. I doubt very many things will change significantly, so I don't think the name in itself warrants much attention.

EDIT: I have to wonder, though, how this will affect the games over in Pending. Are they being put aside for now, with the whole FG makeover taking precedence?

< Message edited by Reaper Sigma -- 10/8/2013 16:08:15 >
Post #: 865
10/8/2013 17:03:24   
bokterier

@Reaper Sigma: We will still follow the same rule, until they've changed.

Anyone interested in "Avatar The Last AB game"?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 866
10/8/2013 17:05:25   
megakyle777

I'm interested, long as it's not too complex.
DF  Post #: 867
10/8/2013 17:32:32   
Nartbor

^^that
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 868
10/9/2013 7:55:00   
megakyle777

So, in a refinement of my old "make console" game idea, I've been thinking about making a PAM style game where you make a game using a form with stuff like Story and players ETC (Although I will need aid with the form) and the next poster reviews the game (Probably again in some sort of form, but I'm not sure for that part) and them makes their own game. However, I have used two games already and the rules state you can only have three at a time, so I don't want to make such a game unless it gathers some good interest and I feel I can do it right.

Kosefira, Skydrite: If we are allowed to make suggestions can I make one for a forum adaptation? I notice i come up with a lot of game ideas but for some reason or other lack the ability to carry them out. May I suggest some sort of Game Adoption Thread or something, where people can throw a game idea there for others to take up if they lack one or feel like being nice? It could also be used to give a already existing game to a new GM if, say, the old GM is busy or something.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 10/9/2013 7:57:03 >
DF  Post #: 869
10/12/2013 10:10:18   
steel blade

Has it really been a month I've neglected the forums? Forgive me for all the inconveniences I've caused (so far, the recent Mafia game is one).
I've been trying to think of original content lately, but to no avail.

In lieu of the change of the board, I should make a game a soon.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 870
10/12/2013 20:40:18   
DragonYugi

Megakyle, that "Game Adoption" thread idea sounds more like a "I want to play this game, someone make it for me!". If one needs ideas, they can easily ask in this thread, since it is a discussion about the UCaG games in general.
Post #: 871
10/18/2013 19:16:22   
Nartbor

I am seeing my sister in Wisconsin... so I will have minimal activity for the weekend. I will get around to an update for wind
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 872
10/22/2013 15:00:53   
Frost Moglin

Anyone still intrested in the Mage Adventures game? The OOC is... Somewhere.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 873
10/31/2013 15:31:11   
megakyle777

So, I had a cool idea for an alternate universe Avatar A and R (I don't wish to run it, since I have no experience with A And R's and would thus ruin it, although I do want to take part if allowed) if anyone does wish to do it justice.

Basically, you know how Iroh turns good after his son dies in The Siege of Ba Sing Se way back in the backstory? Well, in this Iroh's son Lu Ten does not die, and Iroh thus conquers Ba Sing Se and becomes Fire Lord, with Lu Ten as his right hand. The game would deal with you (Either as a Bender or some sort of normal guy with awesome skill like that Bounty Hunter woman or a Yu Yen Archer) having to deal with both the psychical, mental and spiritual issues that Iroh's victory caused, as Spirits start to go mad due to the world's imbalance. This could create a few interesting turns like Zuko being evil, or maybe The Avatar is never even found and people go on believing him dead.
DF  Post #: 874
10/31/2013 16:31:40   
Nartbor

I like it, but I am only making games to try to write better, and I think I would ruin worse than you could megakyle. Plus I really want to play it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 875
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye
Page 35 of 40«<3334353637>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition