Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye
Page 40 of 40«<3637383940
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2015 14:30:34   
Ell

Maybe. I've been flicking through some of the old guy's profiles looking at last log ins and such - most it's been a very long time. All good things must come to an end, it seems.
If any of you guys are still lurking and looking at this, let us know how you're getting on.
AQ  Post #: 976
10/1/2015 22:38:27   
Heroic Necro

I just jumped ship to another forum. I managed to find Neopie there by sheer coincidence

< Message edited by Heroic Necro -- 10/1/2015 22:42:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 977
10/1/2015 23:09:13   
deathlord45

The only real reason I haven't really be active here is because every time I have an idea of a game to run it's right before my semester starts and I'm hesitant to try and run a game while trying to juggle the work load of the current semester. There also haven't been that many games being made cause everyone has gone and rode the winds into other grand adventures.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 978
10/5/2015 16:01:18   
kkutwar

Well all my games mysteriously got little to no attention, so I just got highly disillusioned after a while. Thought TVtropes was the answer, but I don't really get many players there either... Plus I'm certain I'm getting badmouthed and blacklisted over there, because I can almost always find a taco and the color azure blacklisting me there. My projects are actually pretty fun concepts for me though, so I really want to run them somewhere. Don't think I'll ever do anything here ever again though. I did have a lot of fun seeing the A&Rs that were here though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 979
10/10/2015 22:03:38   
liamliam1234liam

I log onto my account sporadically to update my collection of quotations in the OOC. I know I could just copy them to a word document or something, but it serves as a good excuse to keep loose contact with the site. Otherwise, my interest in this forum waned for years as I aged, and I lost the habit of visiting this place entirely as soon as I realised Reddit provided a much more extensive means of supporting my need to talk about popular culture. However, I still consistently maintain the same username wherever I go, in order to preserve continuity. It is nice to see most of the older players are in a somewhat similar situation.
DF  Post #: 980
2/26/2016 17:52:43   
DA Holder67

Sad to see this place so dead.

Is there any other community similar to what it used to be like here? This kind of super casual role playing has so much potential for creativity and is so fun, its odd that it only exists in this small corner of a flash game forum. I almost want to try to run another game for old time's sake but I know I'll just lose interest and it'll die like my games always did.

< Message edited by DA Holder67 -- 2/26/2016 17:56:55 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 981
3/6/2016 16:06:53   
kkutwar

Well there's TVtropes' forum. I'm actually about to start a Sci-Fi roleplay over there in just a few days. Though yeah, it is disappointing to see the UCaG so devoid of A&Rs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 982
3/20/2016 14:01:06   
Ell

I'm also looking for similar communities to pull together a new story, so PM me where you land...

As the water in Redcliffe Bay stretches out towards the ocean, three tall islands stand, striving to block the morning light from the rising sun. Yet, like the falling of leaves in the autumn, and the dark long nights of the winter, some things are simply certain; each day the sun rises above the islands, its light illuminating the bay, tickling the top of ship-masts before crashing down on the decks.

To Ethan, the sun was always a tender curiousity; its inexhaustible ability to rise each morning enchanted him. How does it not tire, always meeting its aim? Humanity had such a dissimilarity; people’s aims and goals run away with the pace and uncertainty of life, only to come back briefly in the wildest of dreams or when time has long passed. It is invariably saddening to see the eldest with goals never achieved, without a single chance of pursuit, yet all the time in the world, as the youngest, so reassured of future time, get strung along with life’s uncertainty and pace that they watch their purpose sail by, like the boats now rolling out for the morning catch.

The sun had not yet risen when Ethan stood in the bay that morning; the islands were still full of that false hope against the inevitable. In a sense, Ethan was full of false hope too, for he did not know that many of his dreams were already behind him, back in yesterday’s time. Very soon, life’s uncertainty was about to catch up with him and wildly throw him about; it would then disappear for but a brief moment, only to reappear in full force, making this morning’s daybreak only a poignant reminder of the life before now.

And so unknowingly, Ethan sat and waited for sunrise, his eyes observing the fishermen take to boats like moths to flame, equally unrealising of the future. To everyone, there was a misguided tranquillity and happiness; a hope that perhaps today they could beat the passing of the time.

Today, they thought, they could be the sun - always achieving, always rising above the islands.

AQ  Post #: 983
4/23/2016 11:33:35   
PBlades

Wow, it's been forever. Kinda sad I missed the last hurrah.
Post #: 984
5/24/2016 20:29:45   
Heroic Necro

Oh Battleon... A place where a mod will come from all the way over in the Dragonfable subforum to let me know I shouldn't use Image Tags (Despite that not being a rule written anywhere from what I can see), but doesn't notice that I Necro'd a thread from all the way back in 2014.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 985
6/9/2016 14:44:34   
Reaper Sigma

Hello all.

Been a while, but hopefully, this won't just be me reminiscing. If anyone else is here, feel free to sound off. I'm still on the fence, but I've been considering making a new game here for a while. Just gotta know if this place is still alive.
Post #: 986
6/15/2016 1:28:32   
kkutwar

I'll be straight and simple- I badly miss running A&Rs, and with all these ideas it is annoying having no focus for them. So, if I were to try starting something up, would anyone join?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 987
6/15/2016 1:50:51   
megakyle777

It would depend on the idea and how strict it is for me personally, but I will note interest.
DF  Post #: 988
6/15/2016 2:00:33   
kkutwar

I'm thinking a type of Kamen Rider/Monster Hunter thing- The Players have a Transformation Trinket, using the power it bestows to fight supernatural monsters and haul the body back for Science!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 989
6/15/2016 2:04:02   
megakyle777

Well consider me curious.

Although I think it might be best to ask about in another place in forum games. Not many people show up in this thread anymore. It might be best to make the game, make a OOC thread and see if anyone signs up. That gets more replies.
DF  Post #: 990
10/12/2016 0:32:01   
kkutwar

Would anyone be interested in a Quest PAM? It would be about the (mis)adventures and behind-the-scenes actions of a Magical Girl Mentor Mascot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 991
6/21/2017 13:54:42   
kim346

Shame to see this place not see as much activity anymore... last time I posted here was when I was starting high school and now I've finished it so... man, it's just a shame.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 992
5/25/2019 17:13:17   
Un67

So, is there anyone else still looking back at the UCaG in 2019? I'll still look back fondly on all of the hours I spent on here, playing along with you guys, and it's kind of sobering to think about how close-knit, anonymous communities like this were basically wiped out by social media. If you're recognize my username and feel like catching up for some reason, shoot me an email at weijia05@yahoo.com.
AQ DF  Post #: 993
6/1/2019 15:10:57   
NeoViper9

Well I haven't been here for... maybe 10 years. I'm not 100% sure any of you remember me, or who I all could remember from way back then.

But wow, it's a shame to see this forum go the way I has. I remember having to do more work updating games I ran (mostly the Gladiator series way back then) and posting my actions in other games than I had to do for school. There were some seriously talented writers in here, and I do remember the time I had spent very fondly. Never had as much fun anywhere else with these style of forum games as I had here.

But, I'll creep back occasionally to see if anyone shows up, hope everyone has been doing well all these years.
AQ DF  Post #: 994
6/2/2019 15:10:16   
Lord Darkblade

Holy $#!*, 10 years?

But yeah, it is certainly sad that everything's died down, but that happens when there's a dearth of new blood and everyone gets busy with school and work.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 995
9/3/2019 16:25:07   
Sunkern

Just came around to say it's been almost 9 years since I started frequenting this forum, and I'm just really shocked at how faded and barren the forum has gotten. Definitely gonna cherish all the memories I had here as a young and naive dude. :(
AQ  Post #: 996
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 38 39 [40]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye
Page 40 of 40«<3637383940
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition