Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Boosters

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Boosters
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/29/2011 23:30:39   
frogbones
Banned

Except that everyone has at least a level 1 Field Medic, whether they want it or not. You can't ever "see" if someone has a booster. But if they have at least 17 energy, you know a Heal is possible.

@ Buffy: I completely understand the mentality of pro boosters.

I just don't agree with it.

And thanks for reading my story!

/lol

< Message edited by frogbones -- 11/29/2011 23:33:02 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
11/29/2011 23:33:20   
Buffy A. Summers

You Should "Assume" That Most Players Are Carrying Boosters Of One Type Or The Other.

Even If They Don't Always Use Them.

I Think It Adds To A Battle, Not Detracts From It.

@ My Pleasure. It Was A Dam Good Story Actually. At Least He Died With Honor!

lol

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 11/29/2011 23:34:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
11/29/2011 23:42:33   
frogbones
Banned

Actually, in my experience (as both a 33 FtP Tac Merc and a full varium 34 CH), more people don't boost than do.

I suppose that's what makes it so frustrating when I do run into a booster---especially with my F2P character.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/29/2011 23:56:34   
Remorse

It all depends on the build.

In alot of cases Boosters may end up weakning the build when that valuable time could of been used to pull off extreme power builds such as Extreme STR BH.

So but removing the feature you are only making balance out of wack, Some poeple aply boosters to thier build and I think thats great often it is this that allows them to be able to defeat those that do not need them or would be disadvanatged by them.

REMOVE THEM and you will reck balance simple, Its a bit like removing blcoks, if you removes blocks every single build people can use to stay with a High win % would be str build and nothing else.

Yes boosters may seem like an unfair advanatge to some especially when perhaps you build does not use them sucsesfully , but did you ever stop to think that it is your build that is TOO STRONG and if people need to use boosters to beat you then you should be greatful that its only that and not a nerf.
So Zip it.
Epic  Post #: 29
11/30/2011 0:13:34   
frogbones
Banned

^ Wow. What a complete failure to understand the concept of Balance and read my posts in their entirety.

My level 33 Non Varium Tac Merc is "too strong?" Is that why level 34 full Varium Tac Mercs boost against me? According to you, it's because my character with 30 fewer enhancements, is too powerful?

You're wrong, sir. As a non Varium, if I have made a build that can compete, and even beat, a full Varium 34 Tac Merc, then I deserve an ACHIEVEMENT, not a thoughtless post from someone who hasn't taken the time to think clearly before stating his opinion.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 11/30/2011 0:15:34 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
11/30/2011 0:18:25   
Nexus...

Did you read my post frogbones? I don't think anyone did, but I am pretty sure it distinguishes between the "mental" out of control boosters, and those that do so reasonably and with a certain amount of honor (even when taking into account your strict guidelines).

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 31
11/30/2011 0:22:54   
Remorse

Yes frogbones, Ur lvl 33 non var TLM IS TOO STRONG, FOR ITS LEVEL!!

How can you say you arnt strong when you compare something not in you catagory, its like comparing a strongest human with a bear.

You have a failure concept of blanace if you cant realise that Boosters are needed.

Epic  Post #: 32
11/30/2011 0:26:20   
goldslayer1

quote:

What do you think? I suppose my main question is, Isn't using boosters inherently admitting that you've been outdueled? Think about it. Why else would you use them? (I'm mostly talking 1v1 here.)

no not really, because as a techmage sometimes ur waiting for aux or gun cooldown to be over and u got rage atm. u wouldn't waste it on a strike, so u use a booster. with that u last longer and get more energy from reroute.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/30/2011 0:33:08   
BlueKatz

I suggest Grenade!

What it does? Negative enemy's Booster effect after they used it and reset both player's cooldown
Done!

If staff put that in game, we have the right to use it
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/30/2011 0:34:04   
frogbones
Banned

Ehhhhhhhhh..

If you read my reply, I mentioned that it is mostly level 34 full Varium Tac Mercs who boost against my 33 non Varium Tac Merc.

In your bear metaphor, I am the human. The 34 varium TlMs are the bear.

Yet the bears need to boost against me?

What exactly does that tell you?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/30/2011 1:53:36   
sotsemod

frogbones I totally agree with all you wrote.

I never use boosters except when fighting NPC. If a player uses a booster, it means he surrenders and admits he cannot win otherwise. And I enjoy so much defeating players who used boosters in the battle!
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/30/2011 4:16:47   
Remorse

Hmm,

I like the idea of some sort of robot that could stop you oppnent using boost but to do so you have to waste that turn.

This was people can still use boosters and if you think its such a big deal not to, then you could buy this robot and phiscally make them not boost :/
Epic  Post #: 37
11/30/2011 5:21:50   
I am Primal

i use boosters to out beat luck u wouldn;t believe how unlucky i am. and if your an non op class sved tank tacts you really do need them.
Post #: 38
11/30/2011 5:35:44   
Jekyll

I only consider using a booster if my opponent used one. This way they cancel each others effect more or less.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
11/30/2011 6:57:40   
Basicball

quote:

Go ahead and stop reading if you're not embarassed to use them.

done :s

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/30/2011 8:08:08   
SouL Prisoner

i juzz wish they had 3 SLOTS for boosters !!

LOL and ur talking about not using !!! u KIDDING?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
11/30/2011 10:15:15   
IsaiahtheMage

Going by that logic then apparently doing the best you can to win without cheating/hacking is all considered a sign of weakness. So I guess using any class,skill, or weapon to help you get a advantage/compete the best you can is all signs of weakness then. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? Didn't think so.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
11/30/2011 10:25:50   
Calogero

Never used it or carrying it unless vs Bosses...

Not really enjoying Booster users... especialy when I was a BM and Tact mercs wanted to ' Brag ' by Postponing the defeat by Boostering eventhough they
could have killed me. Imo Fail thinking they are pro but whatever...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
11/30/2011 10:56:02   
Darkwing

Boosters = easy mode
If you're a pro player you don't need that kind of help to win a fight.
Post #: 44
11/30/2011 10:58:31   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Only time i used boosters in battle, was when i was a non var. Ever since i have had varium the only time i have used them was for boss fights, with a decent build boosters are not really needed, unless you are in a dire situation.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
11/30/2011 11:39:48   
frogbones
Banned

It's refreshing to see some of the posts on this last page. I'm glad to know there are others out there who view boosting as a crutch.

Maybe we should start an Anti-Booster faction or something ....

< Message edited by frogbones -- 11/30/2011 11:40:19 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
11/30/2011 12:15:02   
Stabilis

^ What the heck are you including energy boosters???
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
11/30/2011 12:48:08   
Sparticus

I'm on the record as being against using boosters during normal battles. If your build requires you to use a booster then your build is flawed.

There are few instances were boosters are useful. The list is short so let me post it.

1) If your opponent and you are evenly matched and they have the nerve to crutch use a booster.
2) If your opponent is way ahead of you and uses a booster to rub it in your face.
3) If your opponent's build demands the use of a booster and it's a know fact prior to the start of the battle.

The third is not obvious to some players but you can see this type of build in CH, TlM and TM's these days. There is no way their builds can make back the energy their skills require during the course of a normal battle against a like leveled and evenly matched foe. They count on using the booster to overcome this build problem. To counter this demand for a booster(by a weak build) I think its fair to use a booster to compensate. (fair but still not necessary, often I just take my chances and move on) If they use one, you use one. If they use two, then you do the same.(but be sure to mock them first) Otherwise, there are no, no good reasons to use boosters IMHO.

(If you disagree, that is your right. It is my right to give my opinion too. Be sure you're prepared to get a earful of my "opinion" when you hit that booster)

@ Fay: I'm not nearly as nice as you dear. I doubt anyone here is. I also doubt you would complain about other players even if their actions were objectionable. It's difficult to sit silently for a player like me with strong opinions and the experience to back it up. I'll endevour in the future to strive to be as kind as you, but I fear I shall fail miserably.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 11/30/2011 15:05:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/30/2011 14:07:40   
Fay Beeee

Well what ever you guys say. If someone wants or needs to use one, then as far as I am concerned, it is perfectly OK.

You are all entitled to your opinion, as am I.

The only difference between us is that I do not run around shouting my mouth off about it, or passing negative comments as to how a player should play their game.

Epic  Post #: 49
11/30/2011 15:46:35   
IsaiahtheMage

@Fay Beeee Agreed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Boosters
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition