Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Boosters

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Boosters
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/30/2011 16:14:34   
frogbones
Banned

But Fay, how else are we supposed to dissuade people from using boosters? The only ways are to tell them in-game, or make threads like this one.

And as you can see from the responses, it is a very controversial issue.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
11/30/2011 16:31:54   
Stabilis

In this alternate universe... FUN BEATS HONOUR! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
AQ Epic  Post #: 52
11/30/2011 17:54:32   
Sparticus

I don't think it's in our best interest to impose one persons will on another.

Giving your opinion is fine, giving valid reasons for your opinion is even better. Directing negative comments to another posters is actually not acceptable in this forum. That's why I always say "IMHO" because that's all it is, in my humble opinion. If players choose to do things their way that is there prerogative. Providing guidelines for players to follow is only in their best interest and not an attempt to force or dissuade anyone from their opinion.

I'll give a great example. How many times does this happen. You're down to your last few HP and you have no good attacks to use. You could boost and maybe survive or your could just swing away with a strike and see what happens. A few times this tactic yields the following results. I crit and do great damage, the opponent gets blocked or deflected and surprise, surprise I'm still alive then I use a strong attack and end the battle. Now that is a memorable and epic win worthy of the risk. That's why I advocate the "play on" rule and don't use boosters. The slim chance of an "epic win" outweighs the possibility that a booster will save your behind.(so not epic)

To those who argue that "winning is fun" or "winning is everything", I can only say from experience usually far beyond yours that it's not. Winning is a hollow thing if there is no thrill in it and fun is what you make it. The players who win the most, care the least about winning and have the most fun playing. Again, that is just my humble opinion.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 11/30/2011 17:58:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
11/30/2011 17:58:22   
Stabilis

^ What I can see from your comment is that luck is a heavy factor on your roof.
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
11/30/2011 18:01:22   
Sparticus

Luck, RNG, good build.... Dismissing away so much thoughtful incite without a care to the content of the post is saddening.
What you call luck is what makes this game fun. Otherwise it would be nothing more then an exercise in math.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
11/30/2011 18:02:26   
TurkishIncubus

Using boosters is one of the good strategies in ED so i think using boosters right shows pro players.

If boosters were gone my ratio would decrease alot because boosters are the things that part of my strategy in every build.

Epic  Post #: 56
11/30/2011 18:22:50   
RiffMcTiff

Frogbones you could ofatleast came up with a serious topic:/ Boosters are there, people use em to win, end of story.

< Message edited by RiffMcTiff -- 11/30/2011 18:25:11 >
Post #: 57
11/30/2011 18:23:36   
CarePenguin

I use booster when I need to, because I don't want to lose. Using booster at the right time can make a huge difference. Check those leaders to see how many boosters they have in their inventory.
Post #: 58
11/30/2011 18:26:30   
nico0las

I agree 100%. Although I do use boosters when Juggernaut gets too rough, or during a boss battle, I find boosters to be a sign of weakness in a player.

I'll simply say, if you're build is unable to adapt to your enemy's play style, or is simply not good enough to keep you alive, it's time to change.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
11/30/2011 18:27:21   
Sparticus

Umm a ton of boosters in your inventory means you NPC Valery too much. LOL
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
11/30/2011 18:29:05   
goldslayer1

@sparticus
or u collect boosters because u dont use them much in battles :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
11/30/2011 18:32:59   
RiffMcTiff

A sign of weakness...Ive seen that quite alot in this thread. Remember people, this is a game, don't get too
attached to it. I don't see why you don't use boosters frogbones. Will you just die inside because you're "honor" will be
taken from you and you'll be left a scrawny weakling even though you won?
Post #: 62
11/30/2011 18:34:04   
MirageD

i have to agree with sparti :D....i do have 2 boosters equipped at all times....but i resist using them cause it's way more fun to beat someone out right...especially after your opponent has boosted twice....but i do use them....most of the time i use them to help my partner (without using my energy, for my own heal later)....and sometimes i use one to finish off a close battle
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
11/30/2011 18:45:07   
Aere

There was another group of people who would rather die than be dishonored. They were called the Samurai. Funny, their way of life isn't really around anymore.

On a more serious note, boosters are as fair as sidearms are. They are tools to be used, and everybody has access to them. They are just as much a part of some builds as guns are. Are you saying guns are also unfair, because they are a crutch?

If boosters were varium only, there would be a difference. But, they aren't.
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
11/30/2011 19:02:08   
edwardvulture

The effect of a booster varies but it is correct to say that it benefits a varium 5 bonus TLM the most and that it would be much more beneficial for them to boost than if I, a non-tank decides to boost.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
11/30/2011 19:28:46   
Sipping Cider

I agree that boosters are cowardly. However....

quote:

On a more serious note, boosters are as fair as sidearms are. They are tools to be used, and everybody has access to them. They are just as much a part of some builds as guns are. Are you saying guns are also unfair, because they are a crutch?

Perfectly put.

Just as I do not look down on anyone who uses sidearms, auxiliaries, armors, or enhancements I do not look down on those who boosters.

I will think it more honorable of someone who does not use boosters, but just as much as someone who does not have their armor equipped or enhancements on.

< Message edited by theSunguardian -- 11/30/2011 19:34:55 >
Epic  Post #: 66
11/30/2011 19:31:11   
InceptionAE

I'm STR. So I don't use boosters often. Maybe if I'm emped, I might use an energy booster to get my Massacre. Otherwise, no. Tbh, the only class that should be using HP boosters is CH and TM. The rest can survive without it. However for MP boosters, then it goes for the other classes without reroute or Static charge. But if people are abusing the boosters, they're just noobs just wanting the win. Which is sad because this game was mainly made to have fun..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
11/30/2011 19:40:33   
rej

Why only ch and tm? ch, depite what many poeple think, is third, if not second, most powerful class in the game currently.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
11/30/2011 22:27:47   
Sparticus

quote:

There was another group of people who would rather die than be dishonored. They were called the Samurai. Funny, their way of life isn't really around anymore.

This is unrelated nonsense. Honor has nothing to do with this game. Its a pass time meant to be fun. Relating it to real life is a useless endevour.

quote:

Unlike a sidearm which is a weapon, a booster is not. If you want a correct comparison, a booster is more like the field medic skill which was severely nerfed because it was abused. Don't try to make an apples and orange comparison then derive a weak point from it. Using the argument that healing is bad perhaps boosters are abused as well, using your method of comparison, and should be nerfed as well? Are you saying boosters are unfair because they are a crutch? See how weak that sounds? That's what I felt when I read the above quote.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
11/30/2011 22:34:00   
FrostHS
Banned

I find it funny when a TLM is beating me and uses a booster. Then i make fun of him because "CH is the weakest class in the game." LOL!
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
11/30/2011 23:09:59   
helloguy

its in the game so we can use it
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
11/30/2011 23:58:41   
axiel

like fay says .. if you can buy it .. use it ..
boosters are in the game for a reason.. some people wait for rage somepeople need more manna from reroute , and others have tank builds that can withstand 2-3 rounds with 25 hp and they can wait for there bot to cool down.. :)
no need to be ashamed to booster . the people that dont use them are the people with abused str .. because if they do use it then the opponent could hit 25 on them easily because the got no defence / resistance.
some peoples builds are based on speed and even if they used a booster , it wouldn't help them because the there build isnt based on tank and bulked up. <--- ( so what they like to do is call the people that use boosters noobs but they know they could of also used them..)
anyone can buy 2 boosters .. use them if you want . simple as that !

AQW Epic  Post #: 72
12/1/2011 2:00:14   
BlueKatz

Umm... saying Booster can be used because they are in game just like saying OP class can be used because they ae in game. It's obvious don't you think? And that's not where the problem lie, think twice
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
12/1/2011 2:51:46   
dibas89

A win is a win, thats what i think.
Epic  Post #: 74
12/1/2011 2:56:26   
Angels Holocaust

I don't give two craps about what my opponent says, I'll boost all day. I'll do it even though I know I'll win, what are you going to do about it? Nothing, you'll take it like a good dog and like it.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Boosters
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition