Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Epic duel rating

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Epic duel rating
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2011 22:22:06   
Buffy A. Summers

@ No I Will Not Stop With The Captilization Of Every Word I Speak. It Is My Style And Choice. Thank You Very Much.

I Also Like To Give The Reader Some Space To Digest My Delicious Words As They Absorb The Knowledge And Wisdom I Pour Forth.

Enjoy!

Funny Story... In The Old Forums I Actually Used To Get Moderator Warnings And Requests To Not Use Caps So Much.

lol

Not Here Though!

WOOT!

AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/3/2011 22:30:32   
drinde

^
You didn't Capitalise the "lol".

On Topic:

Balance: 3/10, due to the various ways of abusing a class.
Gameplay: 6/10, is interesting but has a too big dependency on luck.
Storyline: 1/10, practically Non-existent
Community: 6/10, some are unfriendly, but most are willing to help out with issues.
Updating: 5/10, the delays and the bugs are irritating.
Art Direction: 8/10, has good enough graphics if you turn it on high and risk the lag.
Receptivity: 3/10, meh.

Total results: 4.5/10

< Message edited by drinde -- 12/4/2011 0:41:08 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 27
12/3/2011 23:52:19   
rej

quote:

@rej: The game, a browser MMO can not be compared to multi-billion companies, such as the one that owns World of Warcraft. WoW apparently can even hire Chuck Norris to do commercials.

I would compare it to AQW.

Community: 10
Content: Ehh, artwork is so much better. But less of it. 8
Balance: *Checks AQW's fiasco with BloodRut Brawl and Vindicator of They* *Checks TLM* Meh. Slightly more balanced...6
Gameplay: 10. What idiotic game decided that you could only use 4 skills, and whichever person has a less laggier computer has a 100% win chance? And which game has a class with 3 skills with insane cool downs. Chances are, I won't be using Mass of Incandescent Gas twice in a fight.
Updates: Meh. 5. Both Games rip players off with AC/Varium items. At least items aren't purely looks. Also, every item in Itzachi's shop (except Necro and VoT) is a rip-off in AQW.
Challenging: Unless you fight a 100k HP boss, AQW is easy. ED is hard...

notice how i said 'similar.' WoW is NOT similar to Epicduel.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/4/2011 2:13:53   
Luna_moonraider

Balance: 2/10, the varium/non varium gap is just too big and certain classes are way too strong. to sum it up P2w=pay 2 win
Game-play: 7/10,Game play is gr8. 2v2 always has been and always will be unbalanced.jugs are practically ignored and only 1v1 is some what balanced.
Storyline: 1/10,Oz telling a crappy story well that ain storyline imho.
Community: 6/10,oz world 6 is a gr8 place to hang out. as per usual there would be rude people but u cant avoid that because in all games there are trolls.
Updating: 4/10, too much delays and annoying bugs.
Art Direction: 9/10, The art is well super nw draw gr8 weps and the graphics are faily ok for a mmorpg game.
Staff: 3/10, basically if u complain it like peeing Throwing 10ppm of ammonia into the sea. the staff kinda ignore your suggestions but they are ok if u see them in game and if u ask them question they will try their best to answer.

Total results: 5.3/10

AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/4/2011 3:53:36   
Gepard Acht

Balance: 6/10 Balance is okay if you dont count the powerhouse class
Game-play: 8/10 Its great though the 2vs2 system is really messed up
Storyline: 1/10 For so long i have played this game, i havent seen any clues or stuff that tells us about the actual storyline, and Oz's cutscene doesnt cut it
Community: 7/10 Most peeps are friendly though some are jerks
Art Direction: 10/10 If i compare it to other AE games, Ed has one of the best art/graphic
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/4/2011 4:10:25   
drinde

^
DF's art is better. ^^
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 31
12/4/2011 4:11:29   
Gepard Acht

^^ thats why i said "one of the best"
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/4/2011 5:00:04   
Jekyll

I'm saying the storyline will get better during this Winter Event.

Off topic: @drinde Plushie Cysero or Plushie Tomix in DF?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/4/2011 5:01:32   
drinde

^
I practically discovered Plushie Cysero. :D
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 34
12/4/2011 5:26:25   
Jekyll

Which is better? I read that Tomix does more damage than other Plushies.

Back on topic: I reckon more value for money for Varium would boost the popularity of the game. You can pay $20 for AQ, DF, MQ which is one-off and will last forever.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/4/2011 6:30:59   
I am Primal

Balance: 9/10 for 1 vs 1 is perfect (excluding class vs class)
Balance 5/10 for 2 vs 2 it'a ok soemtiems but when it;s vsed 2 lvl 34 tlms and your a bm with a lvl 29 with bad weps it's horrible.
Balance 4/10 for jugg it;s horrible vsed 2 lvl 30's who booster and spam heal imagine doing jugg not as a tlm.
Gameplay: 6/10 gameplay cna be really good but when luck kicks in or when you have an big disadvantage it's disappointing.
Storyline: 0/10 theres none
Community: 6/10, some people are just tards others like fay bee and miraged are the nicest people u could ever meet.
Updating: 5/10, the delays and the bugs are annoying
Art Direction: 9/10, love the graphics and art work teh designes of weps are awesome i would say 10 but there's no sexy armour like founder getting released again.
Staff working with players: 3/10 they lsitne some times but they seriously have to listen more if they want this balance fixed. and 2 vs 2 fixed aswell as jugg.
Post #: 36
12/4/2011 10:05:34   
Stabilis

EpicDuel is an MMO Browser PVP turn-based strategical RPG where the player's goal is to try and become the most powerful duellist among fellow players. You can fight other players in 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 battles or boss fights and PVM. On average there are currently 1600 active players at a time.

EpicDuel takes place in a fantasy realm called Delta V where civilization has been clenched by a dictator named Baelius. He controls the imperial army known as the Legion. There is a group of free men and women who resist Baelius' grip, they are known as the Exile; the Exile are rebels who disagree with Baelius' ideals and ethics. The Exiles are collectively identified as the 'good guys'. EpicDuel is a moderately difficult game in terms of PVP. There are no guarantees of victory as players will be pitted against all varieties of customizations of player builds. The game's functions are quite simple and easy to understand. All actions are controlled by the cursor which controls movement and combat abilities in battle. In my opinion EpicDuel is very fun when the battles last longer among players, making them more satisfying and worth it.

The game does not use sound besides pings for messages/in-game alerts, the graphics however are very lovely and with close to 1000(?) different items all artistically drawn you can very much design your character to look very interesting. The graphics at highest quality are very well blended and are eye candy, with the exception of stale backgrounds in battle.

The game is very captivating in terms of personal success. There is usually a want for players to stay for the goals of gaining achievements and level ups for the success of it. EpicDuel is continually being worked on by a team of developers for art, balance, bugs, and upkeep. You can expect a momentum of rising power in EpicDuel.

Among other turn based browser games, EpicDuel excels in artwork and suspense. Luck is a factor in EpicDuel, and although sometimes it either degrades or upgrades the match quality, it makes EpicDuel a bit more exciting. In my opinion there are many ideas to improve luck and balance, and EpicDuel staff should take them into consideration to erase signs of frustration and discomfort for players, bettering the community, promoting growth.

Altogether, I give EpicDuel a 7 out of 10 for an epic dual of art and maintenance.

< Message edited by greenrain13 -- 12/4/2011 10:07:14 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 37
12/4/2011 10:17:43   
Basicball

White: why'd you add the glitch's game founders real names, but not the ED ones?

just wondering

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/4/2011 16:50:59   
nico0las

@Buffy You can't compare Halo Reach, for example, to ED. One is a 3D FPS, whilst the other is a 2D browser based MMO. Although I enjoy Reach far more than ED, it's simply not a reasonable comparison. It's like comparing... a Honda to a Ferrari in terms of speed. Who do you think is going to win?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/4/2011 20:23:49   
PD

^^

Honda does have a alot powerful cars.

Some of them are even faster than some Ferrari cars, such as the Honda NSX

< Message edited by PD -- 12/4/2011 20:25:48 >
Post #: 40
12/4/2011 21:21:04   
Lord Nub

Funny stuff how the people in this thread spend so much time in the game and even bother to take time out of their WoW play or whatever it is they do, to come here and give ratings ranging from .0000001 -3s.

It's quite apparent that is not how they truly feel otherwise they wouldn't be wasting the time playing the game let alone waste anytime on some cruddy forum.

Compared to other games of its genre I rate it a 10/10 because I don't believe there is a indie game or corporation anywhere near EpicDuel or Artix Entertainment.

They have done and are currently doing a great job even if we do tend to be paranoid about certain aspects of the gameplay or get annoyed because we feel as if were not being heard.

< Message edited by Lord Nub -- 12/4/2011 21:24:00 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/4/2011 21:34:33   
Stabilis

^ I agree, and although I give ED a 7/10, I'll give them a 10 out of 10 when I see some distant update which is mind-blowing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
12/5/2011 7:11:55   
Xendran

AE is nowhere even remotely close to indie. They are a multimillion dollar huge corporation with a very large amount of staff. ED is not an indie game, it is owned by AE, not independent.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 43
12/5/2011 7:59:58   
Xendran

quote:

Balance: 1/10 - The balance is absolutely obscene, and is entirely pay2win
Content: 5/10 - Some good content but the majority of it is unecessary and the time could have been used for something more productive. ED Staff seems to have absolutely zero idea what the hell they're trying to do with the game, and instead just keep adding random filler junk.
Community: 3/10 - No offense, but this community has degenerated substantially since the merger with AE
Variety: 2/10 - There simply is none. Battles are all the same, builds are all the same. Different strategies are essentially obsolete. Two points are awarded because of 2v1 bosses, but these also use the same 'strategy'.
Artwork: 9/10 - Nightwraiths artwork is where this game really shines if you know where to look, however new artwork has turned into a giant cluster of flash objects over the screen like a cannon firing a bag doritos (this rating takes concept art into consideration)
Player Staff Relations: 2/10 - This is one of AEs weak points. Better than nexon, worse than most others.
Updates: 6/10 For such a small team, they do an above average job.
Server Upkeep: 8.5/10 - This games server upkeep is significantly better than some other companies.
Server Performance: 4/10 - Constant lag, massive amount of dropped packets
Storyline: 0/10 - Not implemented in game in any way shape or form

Overall Rating: 4.05/10 - Below Average Overall, this game is a bit of a mess, however good server upkeep and incredible art manage to prevent the score from going down further. (If these two categories were removed, you'd be looking at an overall score of 2.6)

Now for my rating of before bots and enhancements were introduced

Balance: 7/10 - The game is fairly pay2win, but with a moderate amount of money can go a fairly long way. The balance is nowhere near perfect, but every class is capable of abusing, and the game is fun enough for it to not be as much of an issue.
Content: 5/10 - A lack of content aside form basic battles
Community: 7/10 - A fairly tight knit community, however a vast amount of spam.
Variety: 8/10 - There are no 2v1 battles available at this time, but a substantially larger amount of builds are viable, allowing for creativity with all three classes. This allowed a drastically higher amount of replayability at high levels, and some of the most fun was using creative builds and actually being successful with them. (Example: Caster hybrid)
Artwork: 9/10 - Nightwraiths artwork is where this game really shines (this rating takes concept art into consideration)
Player Staff Relations: 8/10 - Developer input on threads, mods hwo are active, play in game, talk on the forums and treat the players like equals (with some exceptions)
Updates: 6/10 - While the amount of updates was fewer, and there were large delays, updates were not gamebreaking, and generally player suggestions.
Server Upkeep: 8.5/10 - This games server upkeep is significantly better than some other companies.
Server Performance: 6/10 - Fairly laggy with dropped packets, but slightly better performance due to smaller player numbers

Overall Rating: 7.2/10 - Good This games main focus is in the ability to be creative with your builds at higher levels, and rebuild your character at will. This is where the vast majority of gameplay comes from.
NOTE: This was at a point where the game was truly in its testing stages, so the storyline category was been removed. In the current time, there has been more than enough time to implement much more story than has been. At the very least, an in game lore archive with BigTuna's written work could have been implemented. If the storyline category was removed form the current rating, it would still score a significantly lower 4.5

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/2/2012 17:08:32 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 44
12/5/2011 16:08:30   
Sparticus

OK, a double post followed by an off topic joke followed by a score with little explanation.

1) Double post, check

quote:

You Know... Recently Buffy Has Been Playing Some World of Warcraft.
Buffy Has Also Been Playing Some XBOX 360 Games, Such As Batman Arkham City (Catwoman!) And Is About To Start On Elder Scrolls: Skyrim And The New Zelda Game For Wii.
And Of Course, Buffy Has Always Been A Big Fan of AQW (Adventure Quest Worlds) And HeroSmash Is Fun Too "On The Side".
Buffy Mentions This Because, In Order To Truly Rate EpicDuel, You Need Some Variety To Compare It Too.
Rating ED Should Really Be About Two Things, FUN & Long Term Playablility And Getting Your Money's Worth.
Compared To Other Games, Console... Online And Even Other Artix Games...
Buffy Gives EpicDuel A Very Generous And Sentimental..

Illeism, I think it's contagious so Sparticus will avoid Buffy.

2) Off topic, check.

6.825/10 mostly for the sound effects

3) Score with little explanation. Check!

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 12/5/2011 17:39:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/5/2011 20:57:39   
Buffy A. Summers

@ LOL

Buffy Finds The Above Post Quite Amusing.

And Yes, Buffy Forgot The Most Important Strength Of EpicDuel...

It's Amazing SOUND EFFECTS! ~ 10/10 !!!

Must Be Hard Work Coding All That Silence Into The Game.

*Facepalm*

AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/5/2011 21:21:57   
Stabilis

^ Buffy can you facepalm me as well? My only source of music died until recharging.
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
12/5/2011 22:03:10   
Buffy A. Summers

@

*Facepalm*

Buffy Does Take Requests.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/5/2011 22:31:10   
Jekyll

Why be sarcastic? You mean you really can't hear the cool sound effects?

Better send your computer for repair.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/5/2011 22:53:29   
T.600

quote:

Balance: 2/10 - There is no balance in this game. It is purely pay to win and the non-variums don't stand a chance. To further this problem, you must purchase varium frequently due to the unnecessary releases of new overpowered weapons each time they release the latest weapons. The staff feel like they must release new weapons which are always superior to weapons released in previous releases. They also raise the level cap far too often and this results in more overpowered weapons. There is a balance team which have done nothing except for make the game even more bland so far and their ideas seem extremely biased and they hardly consider play feedback.
Content: 4/10 - They have released things such as new battle modes, a retrain revamp, new areas but most of these features are a bit broken and unfinished. We only have about two 2vs1 bosses in the game (so once you defeat them you can't really do much more PvE boss fights). The Juggernaut mode is pretty broken and unbalanced as well. The retrain revamp is also half finished; you can't equip your items while retraining. Of course they say that they will work on these things, but apparently it takes too long to code some things...
Community: 3/10 - No offense, but the community is either full of illiterate fame beggars, scammers and trolls and selfish people. There are few good people who fail to see the flaws in the game mainly because they're loaded with cash. I have seen a few old timers who are nice but most of them have quit. Obviously, I'm not criticising the community as a whole, but this is based on what I've seen on the forums, at oz and in battles.
Variety: 2/10 - There simply is none. Battles are all the same. Different strategies are essentially obsolete. Two points are awarded because of 2v1 bosses, but these also use the same 'strategy'. (agree with Xendran here)
Artwork: 8/10 - Nightwraith has shown great artwork but his recent artwork hasn't been consistent. Weapons such as Azrael, Frostbane, Founder Armour, Cupid's Bane, Frost Destroyer+ more are amazing but it's the bulky and unappealing armours such as the Tesla Armour and Space Warrior that let him down.
Player Staff Relations: 1/10 - Absolutely terrible, even though they have a person assigned to that job but she isn't doing a great job of it. They seem to be only implementing the bad player suggestions and the staff/testers can't even see the game's flaws. They think that they're doing a perfect job.
Updates: 4/10- Updates are delayed frequently, filled with pointless content, and most updates tend to make the game worse. They do have an excuse of a small team for the delays, but the poor content is what gives this a low rating.
Server Upkeep: 8.5/10 - This games server upkeep is significantly better than some other companies. (agree with Xendran)
Server Performance: 4/10 - Constant lag, massive amount of dropped packets. (agree with Xendran)

Overall Rating: 4/10 - Below Average Overall, this game is a bit of a mess, however good server upkeep and incredible art manage to prevent the score from going down further (If these two categories were removed, you'd be looking at an overall score of 2.6). (agree with Xendran, but my score is slightly higher).

Balance: 5/10 - The game isn't extremely balanced but there are killer builds for each of the three classes, and although luck is a relatively large factor, it's still fun to battle other players. There is still a bit of strategy involved and some overpowered items like Frostbane, Founder Armor and the Bunnyzookas do it hard to beat those Founders, but it's still possible :D. Varium is a bit of a necessity but it isn't too overpriced and items are affordable.
Content: 6/10 - They manage to update quite frequently without any bugs or excess lag being caused but there isn't much to do besides battle in 1vs1 or 2vs2. Both of these modes are quite rewarding though, and it's fun saving up for credits or trying to rank up.
Community: 7/10 - The community is all right but there are a lot of arrogant people (especially founders) who aren't as nice to other players and of course there are scammers like there are in all MMOs. It isn't an amazing community, but it's certainly very tight-knit unlike many others.
Variety: 9/10 - Although there are only two battle modes right now and there aren't extensive PvE options or any storyline, it's really fun creating new builds and trying them out. It is also great that you can buy a variety of weapons with a 10k varium package.
Artwork: 8.5/10 - Nightwraith has shown great artwork but his recent artwork hasn't been consistent. Weapons such as Azrael, Frostbane, Founder Armour, Cupid's Bane etc are just amazing but I would like to see more beautiful armours!
Player Staff Relations: 5/10 - Devs post on the forums sometimes, mods are active and doing a decent job but some of them dish out too many bans and are a bit harsh, but that's okay. They do consider some player suggestions, but some of the best ones are ignored despite the good feedback the rest of the community gives about them.
Updates: 5.5/10- Updates are pretty good, not delayed much, seem to be improving the game a bit but they don't contain a lot of new things and they have made a lot of false promises like Faction Founder Stepdown and 2vs1 Boss Battles.
Server Upkeep: 8.5/10 - This games server upkeep is significantly better than some other companies. (agree with Xendran)
Server Performance: 9/10 - Doesn't really lag much except for the occasional bit of lag when it's crowded at oz.

Overall Rating: 7/10 - The game is really fun to play, and it's great fun trying out new builds. This is a great game with a lot of potential and it looks like it will get better and better as time progresses. When features like 2vs1 boss battles are implemented, I can expect this game to be striving. Of course this is not the case, and the game got worse and worse.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 12/6/2011 4:24:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Epic duel rating
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition