Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The ED Not To-Do's

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The ED Not To-Do's
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/5/2011 7:04:46   
SouL Prisoner

while balancing DO NOT think 1v1 and make balance (told 100 times ) think 1vs2 and 2v2 OK? coz both the fighting MODE exists in the GAME made by U (dev's) so plzz .

give a meaning to balance **over all ** not juzz 1v1 .

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/5/2011 8:37:16   
drinde

quote:

No enhancements for Stunning weps? Ok sure, but gimme all my var back i used for my stun cannon and stun blaster.

Whut? I just said no more Stunning Weps, lol...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 27
12/5/2011 10:02:55   
Remorse

Updated.

Drinde, I also suported that one, atm stuns are too game infulencing so its not a good idea that more stuning wepons are made.

Perhaps one day when battles become long and stuns dont determine the short 3-5 rounds battles.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/5/2011 10:07:39 >
Epic  Post #: 28
12/5/2011 10:07:03   
Gepard Acht

Weps shouldnt get out-dated too quick, its very annoying to everyone IMO
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/5/2011 10:09:15   
Remorse

^ So are you sugesting DO NOT release new wepons so often?

This is a DO NOT topic afterall.

Epic  Post #: 30
12/5/2011 10:14:06   
Gepard Acht

^ Thats what i was referring to....
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/5/2011 10:18:49   
Fay Beeee

Just a question?
If these are NOT to do. What is left?

Epic  Post #: 32
12/5/2011 10:26:41   
Remorse

^ the rest, mainly what people want and is what everyone else always discusses.

eg, nerf TLMs this, make more ffeature relases that....

ETC.

The main reason why I posted this is because of event such as making enhacments on all wepons really crushed my hopes for this game and I wont to prevent it happening agian.

The main purpose it to show a clear idea of what players do not released before its too late.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/5/2011 10:27:21 >
Epic  Post #: 33
12/5/2011 10:47:31   
Smackie El Frog

For the most part those things on the list are great but...

I DO WANT.....

Add ehacements to Robots <rating ***>-------- I always want more stats so this I cannot agree with.

Release more Weapons with Stunning Specials-----Its super rare when the side arm does it so why not add it to other weapons to?

make enhancements on bike(we do not want more enh in game it will just makes tings worse)<rating***> ----again always want more stat points OM NOM NOM NOM.

make drop mission like the paint mission from Steve 2.0------------who wants easy quests/missions NOT ME make them a pain that's the point of this game. Repetition at its finest, plus who said missions should be easy and quickly done? I'd love a Nulgath style quest, brutal farming FTW.

make mission which need like 15 bag slots to complete(come on 11 bag slot was hard for non var and var players too. havens sake make the mission have a different bag slot or something)----Varium only missions would be awesome. It would makes us all the more distinguishable than those free loaders.

Do not make a new type of weapon slot.<***> ------- Why not? Giving some other stat the ability to give a weapon damage could be fun, Dexterity weapons like a dagger would be awesome!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/5/2011 11:31:57   
Sparticus

What I don't want is the same old stuff all the time, same weapons but different artwork, same battle types with mostly the same players over and over, same places over and over to explore.

This holiday I would like a randomizing maze full of random NPC battles with a final battle and a weapon drop of very low % with a low sell back for credits. At least I can kill an hour running through there randomly fighting stuff of all types and amuse myself. Might even earn a few extra credits or a nice looking weapon for my troubles.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/5/2011 11:57:38   
Remorse

@ Smakie,

WHy do you want more stats.....

Only thing that will happen is rich people will afford the same extra stats and if everyone has the same extra stats they nolonger become MORE stats rather the same as everyone else, only diffrence is power abusers become worse, luck becomes worse balance overall get worse. WHy do you think they added dimishing returns.
Epic  Post #: 36
12/5/2011 12:03:38   
PD

^^

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Unless he's really trying to be a bigot. In that case, it's called fail troll.
Post #: 37
12/5/2011 12:10:11   
Basicball

my personal ratings:
(*****= big no, no *= you're wrong, i'd like this)
quote:

Add ehacements to Robots <rating *****>
Add more requirments to TLMs <rating**>
Make new promos UNsellable during the promo time then make them Sellable after its over, either one or the other. <rating >
Release more Weapons with Stunning Specials. <rating****>
Release new Classes before Balancing the current ones. <rating*****>
Trading <rating****>
Offer lots of free varium <rating>
3v3 <rating*****>
DO NOT Continue to continue Stat inflation which exponentially exacerbates everything. <rating>
Make a robot drop instead of just giving a purchasable bot for a non variums <rating***>
make the varium prices still the same and not changing them even if a mod says that the prices are a bit expensive<rating*****>
make enhancements on bike(we do not want more enh in game it will just makes tings worse)<rating****>
make drop mission like the paint mission from Steve 2.0 (come on i have not gotten a single paint at all and i basically gave up on that mission)<rating>
make mission which need like 15 bag slots to complete(come on 11 bag slot was hard for non var and var players too. havens sake make the mission have a different bag slot or something)<rating>
make u be able to transfer credits and varium from 1 acc to another something like *Cough* hackscape oh i mean runescape. 1) to prevent hacking <ratng*****>
Do not keep raising the level cap frequently because when the level cap is raised the staff feel obliged to make overpowered weapons for the new level.<rating>
Do not make any credit bots-- robots should be a luxury only for those who have varium.<rating>
Do not make a new type of weapon slot.<rating***>
Do not appoint random people to any of the various testing teams who may not be viable candidates for the job. <rating>
Do not have new Battle Modes until 2v2 and 2v1 are fixed<rating*>
Do not have any item that immediately outclasses all existing ones in a reasonable time period, like 5 months <rating****>
Make robots only acsessable through drops <rating*****>
When balancing only concentrate on 1v1. <rating*****>

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/5/2011 12:22:16   
Smackie El Frog

I've always wanted more stats to tinker around with. Just because everyone has the same amount of stats does not mean they know how to use them effectively....Plus more stats=more build options which is something most of us would like to have.

And I am not a bigot PD. I am all for the greater good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/5/2011 12:50:36   
Remorse

^ ud think more stats = more options but it simply doesnt,

Notice since the pathetic uprsing of power builds, their are very few build options its either power or tank.

WHY?

Because more stats make power easily abusiable thus forcing creative builds which cant match the rate at which the builds increase decline leaving builds simpler worse AND LESS VARIETY.

Proof, is compare now with beta time, in beta their was no enahcments yet alot more build variety you dont need EXTRA enahcments to mess around with your stats and people ned to realise this.
Epic  Post #: 40
12/5/2011 19:35:45   
nico0las

Do NOT try and nerf classes. Nerfing has proven to be a method that achieves little besides complaints and new builds.
Nerfing is not the way. We must make the other classes stronger, to be able to compete more effectively.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/5/2011 20:01:30   
rej

quote:

Do not appoint random people to any of the various testing teams who may not be viable candidates for the job.

Too late. -.-

Do not increase the maximum ammount of enhancements-per-item again.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/6/2011 9:50:14   
Smackie El Frog

I see your reasoning Remorse, but you got a big issue with the beta phase. The game is not anywhere near the same game as it was in Beta. Stats progression has been changed dramatically and new requirements on 60% of the skills. For the ability to have more diverse builds you need more stats. And power or tank are the only options? Then where does my no support strength tank build fall into? There are many unknown builds that more stats will allow us to create.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/6/2011 10:14:24   
Remorse

^ What do you mean where does you str abusing tank fall into.... obviolsy both catagories.

Your opinion is that a push to more stats will equal more options,

I can see how one would think that but its effects lead to the decline in options, yes you have more stats to use but at the same time creating to much power for creativity to handle thus ruining creative build whos focus isnt extreme tank or powerful burst attacks.

I admit that more stats will open up new builds I agree but what you need to realise at the same time it closses OFF FOR GOOD old doors.

I would push that a complete reduction in stats will lead to more variety,

What wrong with using the stats off your wepons without your enhacments to make your build, any added bonus is not a bonus if everyone gets it, nor does this bonus do anygood accept rip everyone off and reck balance and reduce variety.

My opinion anyway.

Also you mentioned that reqirements and stat progression make you need more stats..... dont you realise that this things were made because of the fact people had too many!
What I find silly is your right to have diverse builds now in other words to become a decent tank/power abuser you need alot of stats to get past the restrictions, thus forcing people to use as much stats as possible thus ruining the sole purpose of stat dimishing and requiremnts :/

I dont think stat dimishing does anything accpet continue on the abusive bulds but in a more braud area eg. most power builds these days will have a bit of everything including support.

To fully return things to creative time, a total reduction in stats would help plus the reductions of requirments and stat dinshing, the result will be the highly respected power builds currently will o longer be as effective meaning old build can come out of the closet cause they will no longer be pushed around by the big fat bullies that are abusive stat enforced builds.

Also did I mention that without abusive stat enforced builds reining supreme LUCK will be reduced as a result of blocked tursn or crits being so game changing.

WHY? because overall all build will have less power meaning every turn is less inportant because to beat power build you need to equal the power while survivng theirs that why luck is so unfluencing atm.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/6/2011 10:31:09 >
Epic  Post #: 44
12/6/2011 15:18:23   
Dendavex

@Remorse You talk to much of BETA and besides more stat points will make more build diversity for non variums who have plenty of credits obviously and for some variums think about it carefully some things take time thinking I was just on the same level of thought as you but I realized smackie is right
Epic  Post #: 45
12/6/2011 23:48:30   
Luna_moonraider

@ above
quote:

diversity for non variums who have plenty of credits obviously

not all non varium so do u think this is fair yeah and it takes me 1 week to farm around 10k+ credits its is easy for me because yeah i played lots during beta and gamma wat bout new players, they certainly wont be able to farm credit fast as 1) varium would have way more stat then them and would be trashing the guts out of them 2) they cant brain wash to do lots of npcs 3) currently a fully enhance varium has 48+ stats over a non varium who has no enhancements and no seasonal rares. if u put robot and bike enhancements that would be 16+ more stats. 48+16=64. That would be too much stats for a non enhanced non varium to handle. 48 stats is already hard wat makes u think 64 stats would be easier. so are u trying to make non vars with no enhancements to just do npcs and push them to 2v2 and making 2v2 much more annoying for all 2v2ers. this game is not bout npcing and 1v1 only there are 2v2 players and most 2v2 players get crappy partners because of this reason which is stat inflation. i can handle partnering with a non var without enh right now but barely. increase the number of stats a person could have and give me the same non var without enh i dont think i can even try to win the 2v2 unless i get 2 non enh non var as my enemies.

diversity for non vars no i do not think so most non var can only use stat abuse builds if they do not put a non var bot,(i will assume that the will not and make enh on bike and robot)i will still be force to either use a tank build(high defense),str build or support build oh ain that the same as hmm let me guess NOW is there any diversity with more stat for non var HELL NO.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 12/6/2011 23:55:46 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/7/2011 11:38:56   
Smackie El Frog

Yeah but you can't get all focused on trying to make Varium and non-variums on the same playing field that will just never happen. I see it non-variums as a great way to learn how to play the game. But if you truly wanted to be able to keep up with the rest of the players you are gonna have to invest in some Varium. Trying to make them comparable to variums just won't happen without making all the variums rage. That's the point of Varium. To give us the advantage. The gap is already wide enough what could another 16 stats really do? We are only talking about two more levels in strength and 4 in health or energy. That doesn't seem game breaking to me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/7/2011 11:50:02   
Sparticus

16 more stats would give a player 32 more HP. That is game breaking. Its hard enough to kill some tanks, given 32 more HP they would be stupid hard to kill especially with reroute and field medic loops. At the higher levels, stats are more useful in energy and HP since they give 2 for 1 but it takes 5 or more stats to raise your attacks or defense 1 more. Whats the point of doing 1 more damage or preventing 1 more damage if your opponent used the same 5 stat points to gain 10 HP?

In any case this is way off topic.

For the new year do not go off topic in the forums, LOL
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/7/2011 11:57:41   
Smackie El Frog

Yeh, but give enough requirements on those "abused" skills and they can't necessarily put all those stats in health, IE double strike, maul, frenzy. Gotta make your base stats still hit the requirements and enhancements can't be put into health or energy.

Good thing 2012 is still a good amount away Sparticus!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/7/2011 13:06:22   
Dendavex

@Luna Your right but but an extra 4 stats free for a non var is good for me well I COULD switch my enhancement points around and I think non var bots should be implemented 3 non var bots actually
Emperor Bot-64,344 creds
King Bot-23,478 creds
Atomic Bot-15,000 creds
Well those are just names and price suggestion they all have an ability I made a drawing quite some time ago but I CAN'T find them effects 66% debuff for emperor bot and something else.If I find the pictures and ability then I will share it out :)
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The ED Not To-Do's
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition