Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2012 Worm Project

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Collaborations >> 2012 Worm Project
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2011 11:44:27   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Hello members of the Creative Arts section!
For the next year, I would like to invite you to the 2012 Art Worm Event!

LATEST WORM

Some general information about art worms, if you're not familiar with the term:
Art worm is a giant piece of art, combining different piece from different artists. An artist creates a piece, and the next artist on the list creates the next piece, which is connected to the first.
There is no single theme you must follow, each piece should be unique to itself even if it is connected to 2 other pieces to form an amazing result.
To see one of the greatest worms that was ever created, I invite you to go to this site: http://worm.bluesfear.com/

Who can enter?
Everybody! It doesn't really matter if you ever went into the Creative Arts area, or if you own an expensive art program. This project is about pure art. I'm hoping to see as many people as possible enter to this project.

But I don't draw in a fancy program, I use the old fashioned way!
There is no reason to worry!
This worm is a collaboration of all artists, no matter what do you use for drawing.
Yet, I do recommend using a graphics program just for one small thing, blurring the color. You see, the idea behind the worm is the blending of all piece together, and a strong line between the colored piece and the uncolored piece can be easily noticed. Therefor, I suggest just coloring a little bit or blurring the edges of the old piece to the new one, using GIMP or the 30 days trailer of PS.
Again, it isn't a must, but I think it will improve the result.

How will it work?
The signing up will end in January 1st 12:00:00 PM server time. In those 12 hours before the day is over I will post a organized list of the names of each forum member, and the day they will start working on their piece.
If your day came, and you haven't received the previous piece, please contact me as quickly as possible so I can delay the list for 1 day in order to give everybody the the time they should get for making their piece.
Each artist will receive a piece of art, will make a new piece that you can connect to the the one they received, and will send the next artist on the list (and me) the new piece. Send only the new piece, so nobody will be able to see the final result until the worm is 100% finished!
In our event, every artist will have 5 days to make his piece (but of course, make it as fast as possible so we can have as many pieces as possible). Because I'm aware to the fact that sometimes surprises can come up, you can ask for a two days delay in this thread. The only requirement for asking the delay is letting me know at least one day before your deadline, so I won't have to worry about it.
If you will not provide your piece in the time, the next artist on the list will make it, and I'll see if I can move you to somewhere else in the list.

What are the limitations on my piece?
There aren't really any limitations. You should take this opportunity to express yourself into this small piece, while adding a "twist" for the next artist on the list.
But, of course, there are specific sizes for your piece, so your piece will have to be the same size as others.
The dimensions for each piece should be 600x400 (width x height) pixels.
Also, there is no limit on file size, but pass your piece in .PNG, .JPEG (.JPG) or .GIF formats since not all of as have access to the program you used to make you piece.

Sounds great! How do I sign up?
Easily! Just post in this thread that you are willing to participate, and I'll insert your name to the list! You can also post any preferences about when you can/can't work.
Signing up finished!
after thinking on it again while being away, I decided to open signing up until the end of the year. The aim of this project is to be big, there is no reason to prevent it. Therefore, I will keep signing up open until the last person on the list reaches to December 2012.

The Project Started! But What Now?
As you read in the "How Will It Work?" section, I created a list with the days of every artist.
You can find the list in the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pRiBpj64ZPCinq2XbdMy2KCRUiYUEJtEBZqTkp-JgJ8/edit
The first listed day is when the artist begins his work. The second listed day is the day when the artist finishes his work and sends his piece to the next artist. I didn't count the day you're receive the piece because time differences can cause some problems, but if you get the piece early feel free to work on yours some more. Don't forget to PM your finished piece too, so in the end I will assemble the worm itself.

You can pass your piece earlier of the time, but two things. First, the deadline is there only so we can really finish this project, don't make yourself nervous and then find out you finished your art piece in only a day, this isn't a contest. Second, if you have more time, feel free to make your piece even better! If you do decide to finish early, I will change the list according to the day you finished.

You must pass your piece until midnight (00:00:00 AM EST) of the second listed day. If you fail to pass your piece by that time, the next artist on the list should PM me, and I will give him the latest piece so they can start their work. I will give the artist who haven't received the piece on time a day delay, and the artist who failed to make their piece should PM me with the reason of not making the piece, and according to the reason I will see if I should give another chance, or not.

Please, please, please, do not post your piece in this thread.
This thread is for discussion and asking questions, and you will be able to see your piece together with all of the other amazing arts in the finished worm.
Last, don't forget you can ask for a delay, but please be reasonable, being tired isn't really a great reason for asking a delay.
If you have any questions, ask them here, and don't forget to check out the list daily for any changes. I will post changes if they happen, but please be sure to check the list by yourselves too.

The event will start from today, and will go on until the end of 2012, or until the last artist on the list finishes his piece.

< Message edited by PyroPuppy -- 6/22/2012 19:10:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
12/18/2011 11:59:24   
Highlord Sendai

Sign me up. But note that this is assuming I have time to make a piece.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
12/18/2011 12:01:23   
drDOT

You know that I'm in.
AQW  Post #: 3
12/18/2011 12:58:44   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

'd love to
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
12/19/2011 4:38:01   
Ronin

Why not give it a try? Ain't 'gawn break it 'til you try it. Put me up for this.
MQ AQW  Post #: 5
12/19/2011 7:01:42   
Khelios
Burning Chaos

Sounds like fun. Count me in for this :o
DF MQ  Post #: 6
12/21/2011 21:03:38   
Master K

Sounds like a cool event. However, I might not be able to enter...what medium must we use? If we only allowed computer art, I cannot enter. If we can use anything we like, then i'm in, because all I have is a pencil, a paper, and an imagination. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/21/2011 21:39:32   
Dark Savant

Well, if there are other pieces of hand drawn art, then I'd like to be in it as well!
I just hope the computer graphics people don't mind. =)
AQ AQW  Post #: 8
12/21/2011 21:40:04   
random fun 12

Awesome! I'm willing to join. But note that after the 4th of Jan I can only work 4 pm to 6pm because school starts again that day.

@Dark Savant: No, we're Ok with that! ^_^
DF AQW  Post #: 9
12/22/2011 10:41:41   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Computer Graphics / Pencil and Paper:
Personally, I don't see any reason why not making your piece in black and white in the old fashioned way.
If there are people who disagree, I'm already saying that there is no reason for doing so, if you still have any complaints, PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Yet, I do recommend using a graphics program just for one small thing, blurring the color. You see, the idea behind the worm is the blending of all piece together, and a strong line between the colored piece and the uncolored piece can be easily noticed. Therefor, I suggest just coloring a little bit or blurring the edges of the old piece to the new one, using GIMP or the 30 days trailer of PS.
Again, it isn't a must, but I think it will improve the result.
If anybody else have a different idea, please let me know!
Also, random fun 12, because I know that some people might be busy, there are 5 days for you to finish you piece. This way, you will have 10 (!) hours to work on a fantastic piece of art to add to the amazing worm.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
12/22/2011 15:52:39   
flamingknight11

This sounds fun, I'll love to join.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
12/22/2011 23:51:08   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

Count me in!
AQ AQW  Post #: 12
12/24/2011 17:59:41   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Hey everybody! I just wanted to remind that there is only one week left to sign up for the project!
For those who already signed up, tell your friends so they can join too!
Some extra information:
The signing up will end in January 1st 12:00:00 PM server time. In those 12 hours before the day is over I will post a organized list of the names of each forum member, and the day they will start working on their piece.
If your day came, and you haven't received the previous piece, please contact me so I can delay the list for 1 day in order to give everybody the 5 days they should get.
After the creative part will start, this thread will be a general discussion on the project and the right place to ask questions. Please do not post your piece here. It should be passed only pieces, and you will be able to see the fantastic result when the last artist will finish his piece.
Last but not least, don't forget to have fun!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
12/26/2011 4:44:09   
Sainsbo
Orange Squire

I'd love to join. note that i may not have the time though, but i will try my best ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/26/2011 11:19:26   
zumosmorph

I suppose I can give this a shot. Sign me up.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
12/26/2011 15:11:04   
Riate

Count me in.
AQ DF  Post #: 16
12/27/2011 9:30:11   
Winged_Destiny

Seems interesting enough. Count me in. Is there going to be a certain dimension for the worm?
Post #: 17
12/27/2011 12:08:14   
Smalls

I'll join in
DF  Post #: 18
12/27/2011 12:18:28   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Winged Destiny:
There isn't a specific size to the worm, longer is better! But, thanks to your comment, I noticed that I forgot to write the dimensions for the pieces!
The dimensions for each piece should be 600x400 (width x height) pixels. There is no limit on file size, but pass your piece in .PNG, .JPEG (.JPG) or .GIF formats since not all of as have access to the program you used to make you piece.
Thanks for asking that question, or I wouldn't have noticed my mistake.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
12/27/2011 13:04:41   
random fun 12

Just asking PyroPuppy, Since you mentioned .gif formats, I'm assuming we can use animated pictures as well as still ones?

@post below: Oh, now I get it. Thanks!

< Message edited by random fun 12 -- 12/27/2011 13:20:50 >
DF AQW  Post #: 20
12/27/2011 13:16:08   
Smalls

^An animated gif wouldn't work for a worm
He meant the way you save it the picture type. If you had an animated gif the person after you would need something animated too which is too much to ask for some people
So keep it still if you're saving it as a .gif
DF  Post #: 21
12/27/2011 16:19:21   
Winged_Destiny

PyroPuppy: Yea that's what I meant to ask -- the dimensions of each piece. I already knew that the worm was indefinite.
As far as quality goes, .PNG is the better format of the three. If bandwidth is concerned, .JPG is the way to go; .PNG contains a lot of color data resulting in big filesize. However, .JPG does have lower quality compared to .PNG. .GIF isn't really recommended unless doing animations.
Continuing off of a hand-drawn image may be hard if it ends up just being scanned in B&W. Preferably the drawings should somewhat be colored. But, really no complaints; I'm willing to accommodate.
Post #: 22
12/29/2011 21:21:08   
rubmybelly

I'm in! Unless its too late..?
AQ  Post #: 23
12/31/2011 3:06:25   
Formorri

Sounds interesting. Sign me up.

< Message edited by Formorri -- 12/31/2011 3:07:26 >
DF  Post #: 24
12/31/2011 10:30:52   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Since I won't be here in an hour and a half, I would like to let everybody know that there are only 25 hours and 30 minutes until signing up will end! Don't forget to tell your friends and everybody you know, and invite them to one of the greatest project the gallery ever had!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Collaborations >> 2012 Worm Project
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition