Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011
Page 7 of 17«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/21/2011 13:45:00   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Den: If you've been watching the Design Notes, each year a large amount of money (and I mean very large) is donated to Child's Play, of which AE has became a Platinum Sponsor of. Behind the scenes, which most the AE do do plenty of other charity events, even if they do not give money straight to the charity, I know many of them run races etc. for charity. They also donated a rather large amount to the Red Cross to aid the Tsunami relief in Japan.

Edit: If you want more information on Child's Play, visit this site: http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

< Message edited by Lycus -- 12/21/2011 13:56:29 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
12/21/2011 13:45:01   
DillBagel

quote:

@Practel
Give us names of Charities you donate to
Or are your trying to lie if so its not working

It's a little (not really) thing called child's play.
And I think you should be banned on the spot for bashing children's charities.
AQW Epic  Post #: 152
12/21/2011 13:46:40   
frogbones
Banned

Look, Practel and Lycus. Stop obfuscating. It's simple:

quote:

This game is a ripoff---we blame AE.

This game is poorly run---we blame ED.

Remember, this ain't brain surgery. When you're tempted to obfuscate the cost/quality issue, remember the above.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 12/21/2011 13:48:11 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 153
12/21/2011 14:00:57   
Dendavex

@DBag
I shouldn't be banned at all I spent money on this I have the right to know what's going on, seriously dont suggest a mod to ban me noone does it you.How did I bash it I just asked some people
On Topic:@lycus
Cool I dont look at design notes very often oh well

< Message edited by Dendavex -- 12/21/2011 14:02:50 >
Epic  Post #: 154
12/21/2011 14:08:39   
Lycus

@Den: :) Fair enough, I just suggest you don't comment on things you don't know much about then! Though I'm impressed by the fact that you've accepted the point with out arguing, that I thank you for!

@Everyone: The armors are already in the process of being made, and therefore can't really be changed to fit your design ideas, if you have any ideas for future armours, please post them in the suggestions topics! :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 155
12/21/2011 14:17:54   
Fay Beeee

Just one thing to say on the charity front.

Why should they advertise that they give to charities? It is done as an act of kindness on the part of the company. They do not HAVE to give. And a charitable act does not ask for or need public recognition. Even when done by a company, it is in my opinion, a private thing. If every one that does something good, goes round shouting their mouths off , it is, in my opinion just for free advertising and back patting. It is done from the heart and is a kind and generous gesture. And should be viewed as such.

I am not selecting anyone in particular for this post. Just saying my bit. Sorry if it offends anyone.

I needed to edit this just to explain.
I am supporting Artix and ED for their charitable donations.
:)

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 12/21/2011 14:34:29 >

Epic  Post #: 156
12/21/2011 14:25:45   
Lycus

@Fay Beee, it's because, like last year, they did a big bid on Ebay for a poster signed by all the staff... If they didn't say it was 100% for charity, it wouldn't have fetched the 14k$ approx. that it did. Furthermore, most the time, AE usually posts in the DN's, donate to Red Cross, a fantastic charity, then says they've donated some to encourage others too. With Child's Play now, players on AQW have took it for granted as something that happens each year, after the big ebay bidding year. So therefore they kind of have to post about that now, to explain what's going on, since players enjoy knowing now. :)
It's not a showing off thing, it's something meant to encourage others to give to charity, and it's kind of became a tradition to share everything with the players! :D
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
12/21/2011 14:34:18   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Speaking of positiveness, earlier in the year, they did do a run/walk for cancer research.
AQW Epic  Post #: 158
12/21/2011 14:37:50   
Dendavex

@Lycus
My apologies for misunderstanding you
Any hints on the stats and chance of drop :)
Epic  Post #: 159
12/21/2011 14:44:07   
Lycus

:) Precisely Jzaanu!

@Den: The starts are yet to be decided, they'll be sorted as soon as Ashari and a few of us look through what's suggested, then discuss everything :) - As for Drop chances, they will vary depending on the level of War NPC you are battling, the level 30 one's will have a rather high rates, where as the lower level NPC's will have lower drop rates... I actually don't know about the gems, they may be the same drop rate on each NPC, but the higher the level NPC you are battling, the higher the worth of the gem it drops :D

< Message edited by Lycus -- 12/21/2011 15:11:27 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
12/21/2011 14:59:00   
nico0las

Well, this should be fun, not going to lie.
Hopefully you guys arenīt working too hard, eh?
Anyways, I am definitely looking forward to more bombs and drops.
Less than 500 rating points before I reach 6 stars.
Sadly, my current location has a terrible connection to ED, so I can barely pull out wins.
GAH I WANT TO RAGE.

Well, anyways, a happy holidays to everyone! Chill out team (my new pun, god Iīm a loser -.-) and ejoy the holidays.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
12/21/2011 15:05:31   
Shadronica

Wow I didn't expect to come back here and see so much moo poo.

A lot of you have even failed to see that for the first time we have been asked ...

quote:

They will have very different looks, that's for sure. The stats on the armors haven't been assigned yet, so I'd like to hear everyone's opinions. What would you prefer? The Legion and Exile differences (and there will be more of these in the future) could be mainly visual, while equipment stays parallel in stats OR the equipment could vary in both stats and looks.

Personally I see this as one giant leap forward. We are being asked for feedback people!

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 162
12/21/2011 15:10:53   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Feedback on stats, ok.

I'd like to see an armour with..

9 DEX
6TECH
4 SUPP

That's 1 more point that NW's Dud's i believe, is that too much? I'm not great with stats on gear.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
12/21/2011 15:12:30   
DeathGuard

@Shadronica: What you said is true, but I would be more pleased if they ask for REAL feeback for the balance in pvp. They're many issues that need feedback but the present issue is the new update: Frysteland War.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 164
12/21/2011 15:13:23   
rej

quote:

They will have very different looks, that's for sure. The stats on the armors haven't been assigned yet, so I'd like to hear everyone's opinions. What would you prefer? The Legion and Exile differences (and there will be more of these in the future) could be mainly visual, while equipment stays parallel in stats OR the equipment could vary in both stats and looks.

i would personaly prefer the stats to be identical. That way there is no chance of imbalance. also, i hope the stats will be similar to NightWraith's duds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 165
12/21/2011 15:27:26   
Shadronica

@ Deathguard. I understand what you are saying but if we can start with baby steps and give them an idea of what we want in Frysteland in a responsible manner then perhaps we will be asked for more and more feedback ;)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 166
12/21/2011 15:30:14   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@shad Just because they don't come out and ask for feedback doesn't mean they don't listen. The staff wanted a specific kind of feedback for this release instead of doing what they thought best from the limited range of armor feedback. If they didn't ask, no one would ever have mentioned that the stats should be the same because the players seldom think that in-depth unless it's pointed out to them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
12/21/2011 15:35:48   
Shadronica

I love specific feedback ;)

Specific feedback is a direct question that deserves a direct answer.

Specific feedback is indeed what is required in most aspects of our game and indeed life in general.

If you were asked an opinion about how your government performed then you would basically get a very generalised ramble. However, if you were asked "what would you like to see reformed on our governments immigration policy?" you would get a much more direct response.

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 12/21/2011 15:40:16 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 168
12/21/2011 15:37:26   
DeathGuard

@Shadronica: You're right, hope they hear and accept the good feedback.

Supposely update was today? it is going live today or not?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 169
12/21/2011 15:47:57   
Rayman
Banned

Death: they say they had planned on updating on thursday.
AQW Epic  Post #: 170
12/21/2011 15:50:21   
lepnhoj

Is there a place where you can see how many war points your character has received?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 171
12/21/2011 15:53:47   
DeathGuard

@Rayman: Allright then

@Lephoj: Click on the screen on whatever side you are, there will appear how many kills have you did and how many points you received that day.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 172
12/21/2011 16:58:47   
goldslayer1

i hope the armors dont have different stats for each alignment. it would be messed up if i had to leave a faction just to stay up with competitiveness by buying an armor.

different looks - i can deal with it
different stats - i cant, and im sure many others wont either.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/21/2011 16:59:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 173
12/21/2011 17:02:35   
Rayman
Banned

Gold: do u think 9dex-6tech-3supp work for the armor? For me thats fine, no str for spammers high dex, normal tech and a bit of supp lol. With 8 slots or 9 of they put 9slots then founder should get 1 more stats :3

AQW Epic  Post #: 174
12/21/2011 17:13:30   
goldslayer1

@ray
9 dex and 9 tech sounds better.
and if they put 9 enhancement slots founder shouldn't receive a stat, its lvl 25.
AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 19th 2011
Page 7 of 17«<56789>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition