Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Jan 4 & 13th Design Notes - Friday 13th Sneak Peak & Battle Polls!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Jan 4 & 13th Design Notes - Friday 13th Sneak Peak & Battle Polls!
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2012 7:50:30   
star screamer

That little bat caught my eye...
Love at first sight.
AQW  Post #: 51
1/13/2012 8:18:51   
alexjones50

I'm just about ready to give up on this game, they don't seem to care about the storyline anymore. this war idea is stupid, if there is a war then there should be a storyline reason behind it, now they make it out they're just going to do random wars with no reason behind it. PVP has ruined this game if you ask me. it's such a shame, this game had such promise but they have squandered it, I don't have a problem with this game having PVP in it but to make it the sole focus with no storyline to back it up is a bad idea. I can only hope that the new 3D mmo AE are making will turn out better.

< Message edited by alexjones50 -- 1/13/2012 8:24:28 >

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
1/13/2012 8:54:58   
Charries

Hey Alexjones50,

A) Stop whinging, it's kinda depressing and doesn't benefit the forums in anyway whatsoever.

B) PvP isn't the sole focus of the game, it's just one of the newest features that has been focused on currently

C) THE GAME IS STILL IN BETA! When you think about it most games won't develop a decent storyline until way after the full game release and I think the staff have done an exceptional job so far in setting up the base for a potentially incredible storyline. Plus with the super massive number of events that happen around this time of year as well as the relatively small player database, progressive releases to a 'bigger picture' story would be rather difficult.

@Star: I KNOW!!! How awesome is that bat! It'd go really well with the 'batman-like' armour, the name escapes me.
AQW  Post #: 53
1/13/2012 11:02:11   
Shadowlight1

It's Echo Assault I believe and I too have an interest in that bat.
Bats and the moon go together,sorta.
~Eclipse
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
1/13/2012 13:04:54   
Shadowlord9k

Crystal:
There will obviously still be storyline releases, and of course alignment will determine what happens. These battlepolls will most likely be PvP based side/mini wars, released at random or on a schedule. They will not take over the story. They cannot really solve the lop-sidedness, unless they had scaling war meters or something. For example say good has 1000 players. Now assume that each player would contribute 50 waves. That is 50,000 waves. Now assume that evil has 1250 players, each doing 50 waves. That would be 62,500 waves. If those numbers are accurate, it would be "fair" as each would have to do the same amount per player to finish. It would basically come down to how determined one side is to win.

Alex:
"they don't seem to care about the storyline anymore."
It's still in beta. BETA. You're lucky there's even a story at this point, never mind how long it goes without update.

"this war idea is stupid, if there is a war then there should be a storyline reason behind it, now they make it out they're just going to do random wars with no reason behind it."
These side (keyword: SIDE) wars, which aren't really wars, will not take over the game. They look like they will be a combo of the forgotten mini-wars from AQW and voting.

"PVP has ruined this game if you ask me. it's such a shame, this game had such promise but they have squandered it,"
How? PvP has added a great deal to the game. I do not like and I can see that.

"I don't have a problem with this game having PVP in it but to make it the sole focus with no storyline to back it up is a bad idea"
Not the sole focus. Storyline is still there. B-E-T-A. Reason storyline hasn't been updated in a while is because a major engine update takes priority before beating more enemies and cutscenes.

"I can only hope that the new 3D mmo AE are making will turn out better."
You really cannot compare it at this point.

Charries: Thank you for explaining it to Alex.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
1/13/2012 14:50:52   
Clown the Jester

Calm thyselves people.

Why are we all afussing and afueding?

Hoo hoo!

We needn't get all snappy just cause a person expressed their opinion.

It is alright to question when the next story line release comes out. It has been a long time.

Even though we can't say the pvp has ruined everything, cause frankley I enjoy it and we haven't given it enough time to say whether or not it is a success or failure.

We just gotta wait and see.

However, in that time we can still give our views even if they aren't pleasant.

I'm sure the AE team appreciates constructive critisismsmsm DAW I CAN'T SPELL IT! HEE HEE HA HA HA!

Well ya guys know what I mean.

We should let live and live without persecuting people who give their views.
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
1/13/2012 15:22:04   
japanmonte

I know a lot of you of are disagree with Alex but (he or she) does bring up a good point. Radom wars don't mind that much. shadowlord said what i was going to say "They look like they will be a combo of the forgotten mini-wars from AQW and voting" but i do agree with alex on the part of pvp. When herosmash first came out of alpha there was few thing to do. They added storyline and cool shops/ events and other small thing here and there to help make herosmash more of a game.(it was a game before but it now has mor to do) but people keep asking for PVP.

i agree with alex that i don't mind PVP play it ever now and then. but before that there was some type of realsed every week or other week with storyline or shop or something to make u come back every week to play. It all stop when pvp was in the worka nd they went in to spontaneous release schedule.
thing is they stop the storyline the small updates every now and then. we got less updates on dn and less to do in the game if u finsh everything. and when it came out it been the same no update that were storyline or quest or stuff intell like December.yeah there was a few shops but nothing intell December no new quest or story. Yeah i know it beta we are lucky to have that but it just they are stuck in pvp mode even this new battle polls that pvp based. I hope u see where i coming from.

For people who don't want to read my whole post. all i mean is that beofre pvp we had releases after we really did not have much that was quest like or exp gain like for a good amount of time. and secondly it the same with aqw when they put out pvp some of the class need to be fix as did with herosmash. which hurt people skill set outside of pvp. i understand we need pvp to be fair but becuase they add pvp some move people used to fight boss or enemys with have been buffed beyond fixable which ends up ruining the game.

idk if i'm the only person who thinks this but after pvp came out in aqw it not been the same game i love when it first came out, same with herosmash they both seem to take a turn for the worst beacuse of pvp realse. i don;t mean pvp was the problem. it the stuff they had to do to make pvp happen that kill a part of this game and aqw. Read and enjoy and comment if u want. sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammer problems it not my strong point.
\-/

< Message edited by japanmonte -- 1/13/2012 15:25:30 >
Post #: 57
1/13/2012 16:04:44   
star screamer

Ooh twisted and mime paint!

< Message edited by star screamer -- 1/13/2012 16:08:05 >
AQW  Post #: 58
1/13/2012 16:53:35   
Cookielord12

Love my mime set
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
1/13/2012 17:05:53   
BadDream Productions

Ahhh The Carnival, Candy Apple's, Clowns and Twisted Nightmares...... Brings back Memories, Infact makes me want to make a carnival based character o_O ...just need the right name

< Message edited by BadDream Productions -- 1/13/2012 17:08:06 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
1/13/2012 18:15:08   
Qin

Whenever i defeated the alligator i keep getting disconnected, soooooo lameeee... >.<

Post #: 61
1/13/2012 18:50:20   
Arachnid

Not...very...different...
I was hoping for more...or at least something different...
The only difference I see are some new items and the alligator man instead of the wolf man...
...Meh

~Lady Zafara
AQW  Post #: 62
1/13/2012 19:14:54   
Devastate

Nice, finally something that motivates me to actually log back in to this game!
Post #: 63
1/13/2012 20:34:29   
Qin

Yay i got the rare gold mace!!!
Post #: 64
1/13/2012 21:04:40   
The Death Angel

quote:

Not...very...different...
I was hoping for more...or at least something different...
The only difference I see are some new items and the alligator man instead of the wolf man...
...Meh

~Lady Zafara

Alligator man was also present at last years F13.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Read more at - Mark Twain
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
1/13/2012 21:48:06   
Arachnid

quote:

Alligator man was also present at last years F13.

I could've sworn it was a wolf man...Where did I see the wolf man then...Maybe I'm crazy...

AH! Found it!
He was at fairgrounds for halloween.

So...the only new thing for this release which took two weeks to release is...new items?
lolwut?

~Lady Zafara
AQW  Post #: 66
1/14/2012 3:23:14   
citrinas

So which items are perma rares?

HS
AQW  Post #: 67
1/14/2012 3:27:42   
Qin

There are about 4-5 as what yergen said at twitter. I think this includes the 2 bats, carnimaul, sword of knives and shield of knives.
Post #: 68
1/14/2012 4:50:41   
megakyle777

Gotta say, the focus on PVP has kinda made me stop playing. I had for a while, and the honest reason I still stick around in this part of teh forums is because it's fun putting wits against you guys and girls.
DF  Post #: 69
1/14/2012 4:57:31   
Cookielord12

Where are the new items shown on the DN?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
1/14/2012 5:27:46   
citrinas

Qin, I looked at Yergen's twitter and he never said what items will be rare. He only said that there will be rares and showed this picture. So item's in that picture are perma rares?
AQW  Post #: 71
1/14/2012 6:04:31   
Postmaster General

@Cookielord12: Some of the items are available in the shops, the others are only available as drops.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/14/2012 10:08:19   
citrinas

Batty Bat (shop), Betty Bat (shop), CarniMaul (boss drop), Shielf of Knives (boss drop), Sword of Knives (boss drop) are permanent rares.
AQW  Post #: 73
1/14/2012 18:16:45   
Qin

Citrinas that is why I obviously indicate the word THINK in my statement (as I'm not sure) if you want to look it over again. But since the rarity saids EVENT RARE then i suppose they go rare.
Post #: 74
1/16/2012 2:40:14   
raff

Can't wait for battle polls.

< Message edited by raff -- 1/17/2012 2:24:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Jan 4 & 13th Design Notes - Friday 13th Sneak Peak & Battle Polls!
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition