Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Creating a Fair environment for Competition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Creating a Fair environment for Competition
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2012 21:57:19   
Remorse

^ If this was so then I would not have got banned.

Plus thanks for reasuring that its not just me who thought the rules need better explaining.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/17/2012 21:58:06 >
Epic  Post #: 76
1/17/2012 22:03:16   
goldslayer1

quote:

Plus thanks for reasuring that its not just me who thought the rules need better explaining.

well theres always been confusion with this topic.

and btw i was told by an ak (or mod) a long time ago.
like in 2010

that we could share with direct family members (brothers, sisters etc.)
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
1/17/2012 22:08:47   
Remorse

^ Thats interesting because I was specifacly assured it wasnt allowed.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/17/2012 23:08:56 >
Epic  Post #: 78
1/17/2012 22:58:54   
Zeoth

i was aware that it was aware with direct family members and thats it.

Edit: Sorry for the Really Really Bad Typo xD

And I was saying I was aware that u could only share with direct family members

< Message edited by Zeoth -- 1/17/2012 23:15:05 >
Post #: 79
1/17/2012 23:10:02   
Remorse

^ Dont exactly understand.
Sorry
Epic  Post #: 80
1/17/2012 23:27:55   
xxmirxx

I herd dax said in pass were not allow to give away your account to family members.
AQ Epic  Post #: 81
1/18/2012 0:27:49   
Remorse

^ Giving is diffrent to sharing.

The only time I became aware it was not allowed between family members was when I was banned :/
Epic  Post #: 82
1/18/2012 8:03:41   
MirageD

quote:

When it comes to account sharing there's no way for us to know who's suspected of sharing without some sort of report to point us in the right direction. We rely on players to alert us if they feel someone is sharing accounts. As ND stated, the best thing to do is report to The Lawman with any evidence supporting your claim that someone is sharing accounts, and then we can investigate from there.

thanks wise and ND ....i did report two accts to The Lawman, but nothing seems to have happened....unfortunately, i didn't take screenshots, so i don't have proof

~mira
AQW Epic  Post #: 83
1/18/2012 17:24:11   
goldslayer1

quote:

Challenging!

By popular request, and to halt the issue with dummying, challenge battles will no longer count toward your win record. This will also allow people to test builds against friends for fun, or to test builds. You will not receive credits, experience, or battle tokens for challenge battles, they will just be for fun or for completing challenge missions. Random battles will still count toward your battle record, as will normal NPC fights.
*take from the january 18 design notes*
well, we have done a big difference in this game.
we stopped dummying in 1 vs 1.

now solutions to 2 vs 2 need to be made.
AQW Epic  Post #: 84
2/9/2012 23:44:11   
endtime

Wiseman:
quote:

Nope NPC battles still require work, and are considered to be fair, so no changes will be made to that aspect. Though NPCs are getting slower as level cap raises and that's not likely to change in the future.

I wish NPC battles didn't count for wins. What work is required anyways? Most people can kill 15 of them, without strategy or the threat of losing, within 10 minutes. This time is significantly faster than normal battles and such wins don't reflect a player's skill.
AQW Epic  Post #: 85
2/9/2012 23:59:10   
goldslayer1

@endtime
uhh, i sometimes cant kill all 15 of them due to heavy bad luck
there been times where i only won 12/15 because of heavy bad luck

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/10/2012 0:00:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 86
2/10/2012 0:06:00   
endtime

That's why I said most people....Most people don't lose against something 5 levels below or a routine, regardless of bad luck. My CH has insanely bad luck, but he's never lost against a level 28 or 29...

Regardless, I am sure most people can agree that NPCs aren't representative of the 1v1 PvP pool. The reason people do them is because they are much easier and don't cause losses (for most people). Because of this, shouldn't they be ceased from the 1v1 record? How ridiculous would it be, if boxers got a win on their record every time they squashed an ant?
AQW Epic  Post #: 87
2/10/2012 0:50:13   
goldslayer1

@endtime
alot of boxing matches are fixed. (some times its because the referee gets paid to be lenient to one side, or because he placed a large amount of money in a bet for that boxer and doesn't want to loose) in ED's case it would be luck.

altho NPCs has bad sides, it also has good sides.
like staying away from heavy negative luck factors for 10-15 minutes.

btw i have also had a couple of lvl 29s with just plain gun, default wep and maybe an armor, beat me because of severe bad luck.
several times i gotten blocked 5-7 times in a row againsts a lvl 29s with 4% block chance. and then they also manage to do a crap ton of crits along with it.

simply put, my bad luck can make anyone look as if he was chuck norris.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/10/2012 0:54:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Creating a Fair environment for Competition
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition