Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2013 20:24:51   
nulgath follower

something.................................................................... thats what happened to me

CHAOS SHALL CONSUME THEE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AQW  Post #: 26
1/6/2013 22:50:12   
rjy

The shadowscythe on MQ are a copy of Star Trek: Voyager's Species 8472. Same build and look, and they both have three legs.

The picture has been removed. In the future please use links for pictures.~Dnw

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 1/15/2013 2:00:09 >
Post #: 27
1/14/2013 14:07:47   
ArchMagus Orodalf

... I finally got the pun in the "New Andy Thaws" AQ quest. New Andy Thaws/Neanderthals...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/18/2013 6:59:35   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Clever one, AQ, clever one... and one that brings back fond childhood memories.

In the new Library on the Isle d'Oriens, there is a speaking Box called "Mimic".
In the old GBC game Dragon Quest Monsters, there exists a monster that is called "Mimic" too. And guess what, it looks like a box that attacks anyone trying to open it. (I miss it throwing a Fireball at me though D:)

Oh I loved that game back in childhood.
Post #: 29
2/1/2013 6:57:27   
Bruce320

In Dragonfable when you enter Aria's Pet Shop in Falconreach if you click on the Linus pet there appears a text saying: 'Linus refuses to do windows'
This is a reference to Linus Benedict Torvalds, the principal force behind Linux, the operating system, and its rivalry with windows operating system.

In Mechquest the front and back arm weapons of the Kurosawa Shimada mecha are 'Adamantium Hanzo' with description: An incredibly sharp blade created by a master sword-maker.
This is referring to the Hattori Hanzo sword made in the movie 'Kill Bill'.

< Message edited by Bruce320 -- 2/1/2013 10:04:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/12/2013 22:53:56   
shemwell2

the Gargoyle Description in AQ is a reference to Gargoyles the cartoon on Disney channel
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
2/12/2013 23:35:27   
hijinks

The group called the Rose from Dragonfable made me think of a final fantasy game with a rebellion group called "Wild Rose" I think. Except the Rose in DF are conquering Lore.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/18/2013 11:42:42   
trekkie5690

In WarpForce, the opening cutscene for the Bizarre Flecks war starts out with a view of the Alteon, and the words "Space...the Spinal Frontier" This is an obvious reference to the opening theme of Start Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Hans Olo is a spoof of Han Solo.
The hangar deck of the Alteon is very similar to the hangar pods of a Battlestar.
In the WarpGuardian quest where you rescue the REAL Colonel Ba'Tokk, the robot you encounter, NED-409, is an obvious reference to the ED-209 robot from the RoboCop trilogy.
Admiral Amada is an obvious spoof of Admiral William Adama.
Queen Pra'Mithia is a take on President Laura Roslin
Admiral Amada's relationship with Queen Pra'Mithia is a parody of President Roslin's and Admiral Adama's relationship with each other in Seasons 3 and 4 of Battlestar Galactica: The Re-imagined Series.
The Virtual Trainer, Tronzor, is a spoof of Tron.
The FarGate quest is a parody of StarGate.
Ensign Fisher is a spoof of Carrie Fisher, who plays Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy.
Lieutenant Roddenberry is a parody of Gene Roddenberry, the creator of entire Star Trek franchise.
Finception is a parody of Inception.
The Find Ken Benobi quest is a parody of the first several scenes of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
Starship Snoopers, and the monsters encountered in the quest, is an obvious reference to Starship Troopers.
The Gravity Anamoly quest
The Zhoom 6000 could be a take on the Viper MkVII
Ken Benobi is a reference to Ben Kenobi
The I.G.S. Collolisk is a spoof of the Death Star.
The 74NK looks very similar to a Cylon Centurion from Battlestar: Galactica
Arty Dedeux is a spoof of R2D2, and the armor that Arty uses when he fights against you looks a lot like R2D2
The Virin Infection quest could be a parody of the Battlestar: Galactica episode where a Cylon logic bomb virus threatens to cripple Galactica.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
2/24/2013 4:30:35   
Rafiq von den Vielen

AQ's new Axl Rosethorn Lance... looks like Guns 'n' Roses finally got mentioned up here. :)
Post #: 34
3/3/2013 11:25:00   
DragonlordKhan

In Dragonfable, the girl talking to the green moglin in That 'a Way says
"...and then he sat on a turtle! Ahahhhaaaaha"
It's a reference to an Austin Powers movie, laughed so hard when I finally realized that! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/3/2013 18:28:55   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

In the latest Adventure quest release, a parody to an old song was mentioned.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
3/3/2013 19:54:33   
battlesiege15

Also, in the latest AQ release, there was a parody of Full Metal Alchemist (the new Mystic Iron Golem's description)
AQ AQW  Post #: 37
3/28/2013 16:46:36   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

The new BioHaZard monster in AdventureQuest mentions a Lone Wanderer. Between it and the radiation warning, it is clear that this is a reference to the Fallout series.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
6/3/2013 15:27:01   
DragnoxF1R3

AQW Iryerris (mainly the old design) resembles Credo's sword from DMC4.
http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/iryerris
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080215234307/devilmaycry/images/d/d7/Angelo_Credo.jpg
Post #: 39
6/4/2013 12:30:18   
goodpeople25

Jorxlol form AQW reminds me of another drow assassin from forgotten relams legend of drizzt

.... it's Jarlaxle ..gasp..
MQ  Post #: 40
6/4/2013 19:16:49   
Rhowena
Legendary AK!!!

The description for the Eye of the Sacragon misc series in AQ is a reference to the infamous fantasy novella The Eye of Argon, wherein the eponymous gem is described as a "many fauceted scarlet emerald".
AQ DF  Post #: 41
6/6/2013 5:15:34   
TheSgedioxide

I noticed the similarity of the last Line of Iadoa on The Last Cutscene of His Saga "Chaos will fall and Order will rise when the Hero goes to War" with the a line from the poem that River Song said in Doctor Who
AQW  Post #: 42
6/6/2013 12:49:41   
Aura Knight

The Lightning Bug monster in the new Asgardian Quest in AQ has a reference to the TV show Firefly and it's cancellation in it's description.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
6/12/2013 21:07:05   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

On the newest Mechquest Design note, the title reads Automorphs roll out.

This is clearly a parody of the famous catchphrase of Optimus Prime "Autobots, roll out!"

AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/12/2013 21:22:58   
Twighlight Sky

I haven't played MechQuest in a long time, but I believe the satellite orbiting Westion was a play upon Doctor Who's Satellite 5.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/15/2013 14:51:57   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

in the newest aqw design note, at the very bottom where it talks about Binky eating my little pony, there's a reference there to voltaires "Riding down the side of an erupting volcano on a unicorn with a chalice of the tears of children"( i think that's how it's said) and the reference is a double whammy as well because there just happens to be an area where that song (and adventure) happened in adventure quest worlds!
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
6/24/2013 5:06:15   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

in the new AQW quest, i noticed that the door is a reflection of Alice in Wonderland.

I recalled seeing the tiny door and her eating and drinking in order to grow large and small.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/27/2013 19:00:27   
blaze656

Dr. When is a spoof on Dr. Who and Cysero's time machine he claimed that he stole from Dr. When, is a phone booth, like the T.A.R.D.I.S.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
6/28/2013 11:39:24   
Draco Flare

The mirror Skyguard set was a reference to Cobra Commander, as shown by the one helm.
AQW  Post #: 49
7/4/2013 7:39:12   
trekkie5690

In MechQuest, in the Crisis! mission in the March of the ShadowScythe War. After you stop Maria 5 from assassinating the Queenadent and Char removes the EbilCorp hacks, Maria says that she was able to see everything but couldn't do anything to stop it. This could be a reference to the nanobot mind-control technology used by the Mesan Alignment in the Honor Harrington series.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition