Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2015 5:11:04   
trekkie5690

In MechQuest, in the quest you get from Sally, you are hunting Berserker Shadowscythe Hounds. This is because they are the only enemy mecha containing a rare component called the Amanita Warp Disc. This might be a reference to the Amita Drive in the anime Eureka Seven
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 76
3/23/2015 9:38:50   
geldarthedragon

I think the Ruby Golem's description in Adventurequest alludes to Groudon, but IDK.
AQ  Post #: 77
3/30/2015 7:29:28   
Rafiq von den Vielen

^ While I believe the raising/moving continents part of it alludes more to Regigigas (since I remember Regigigas' pokedex entry mentioning that) than Groudon you are correct in it being a pokemon hint, seeing Groudon was the package art of the Ruby/Omega Ruby game. Emerald Golem pokes at Rayquaza.

We need a Sapphire Golem.
Post #: 78
4/3/2015 8:43:31   
Frost Moglin

When Aspar possesses Tomix in Ravenloss Book 3 finale, Aspar says "Tomix has left the library", which I think is a referrence to doctor who.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 79
6/16/2016 1:40:48   
Rafiq von den Vielen

... am I the only one who links the Ratty B monster in AQ to WWE wrestler Wade Barrett / Bad News Barrett?
Post #: 80
7/9/2017 22:22:14   
Thylacine

I don't know if this is much of a pun exactly but in AQW the nopperabo ninjas drop the cape of clouds and looks just like the famous capes of the Akatski (naruto)
Post #: 81
7/28/2017 12:31:05   
Pentium III

In DragonFable's Book 1 Ravenloss storyline, Mystlyk Museum quest, you can collect horns and open the Summon Gem - Roktoru shop which contains a trinket, it's description "Roktoru like a Hurricane!" is a parody of a Scorpion song entitled "Rock you like a Hurricane".

MQ AQW  Post #: 82
8/18/2017 0:23:40   
hermanchoske

lol
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 83
10/17/2017 21:02:36   
ZumaChaosReborn

When you fight the Sea Titan in AQ, you get a message that says "Attack on Titan!"
AQ  Post #: 84
3/15/2018 22:52:42   
MacXVII

I'm surprised no one mentioned this, although they all probably know about it. Centaur 21 is a spoof of Century 21, a real estate company.

Just wanted to add it here.
AQ AQW  Post #: 85
3/27/2018 22:43:47   
Demdon Niomet

In Book One of DragonFable in the Wind Orb (Ninja Village) there exists an allied spy by the name of Agent 58 in one of the quests.
In the Hitman series you play as a character named Agent 57. Perhaps Agent 58 was inspired by him?

I did check all prior pages to this one. However, my eyesight is quite lousy, and I may have missed one or more.

Hoping that I have not caused any fuss,
Jay.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 86
5/1/2019 10:00:13   
zdaysavior814

In the Undead Maul, which is in AQW, one of the stores, when hovered over, says that Elizabeth Bathory likes to shop there. A bit of a dark reference considering who it is, but definitely matches the theme.
Post #: 87
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a parody, spoof, or puns in our games? Post it here!
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition