Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Character Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Character Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 30«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/18/2012 0:24:17   
Shadowlord9k

Gla: Well that's somewhat good to hear.
Mark: try the door, it might really help.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 201
4/18/2012 2:46:53   
Glais

Problem is, oddly I don't encounter this in original stories, but whenever I look at HS all I think is "Oh look, i can put a JoJo reference there!"

So pretty much every HS character I thought up is based in JoJo somehow, don't know why that happens for this specific verse. Go figure.
DF MQ  Post #: 202
4/18/2012 2:53:34   
Shadowlord9k

Gla: Maybe look at things other then JoJo's?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 203
4/18/2012 2:57:09   
Glais

It's my current interest :/ Can't help it. Doesn't help that it's also just pretty good. As it's been out for so long, there's a LOT of content to draw inspiration from. The author tends to use a ton of different ideas. I think it also has to do with this being a fanfic sort of thing I can rip off whatever I want! :D I can use inspirations, even that veer FAR too close to the inspire-ees and it won't harm me.

What I find odder is this is only happening with my HS ideas really. As I have 3 other stories, none of which have been heavily (or even moderately) influenced by JoJo at all...

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 4/18/2012 3:07:36 >
DF MQ  Post #: 204
4/18/2012 3:22:04   
megakyle777

Maybe it's because it justs fits with HS? I don't know.
DF  Post #: 205
4/18/2012 3:26:14   
Glais

But then...I know nothing OF HS so that doesn't work either xD

Though perhaps. JoJo has a habit of that anyone could get get literally any power. This HS shared writing-verse has a similar thing, except within reason.
DF MQ  Post #: 206
4/18/2012 12:30:41   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Interesting findings, Lunarox, most of which I already knew and can confirm, though it is good to hear it coming from your point of view. The animal thing is not so easily explained as that, however. It's a very complex reason, including both body chemistry and spiritual interactions... If it weren't, the animals would have just passed through anyway. Think of the fact that there are humans over there. They have the most complex brains of all animilia, according to many. Besides, the brain's electro-chemical impulses would be treated in a very similar way to the EMF effects of machines, in this instance.

That guy reminds me of a movie projector. ^-^

I like how it didn't use punctuation on the last one. :P

To be fair, with the massive ammount of tropes in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, you could look at almost anything and say it's a reference to it, if you knew enough about it, and it was influencing your thoughts at the time.

The reason you only do it with HS is that you subconciously view it as effectively an open sand box, from what you've seen here, and because you do not know of the game, you cannot possibly even know *how* to moderate your thoughts to the actual flavor and theme of it. The other games you understand the set parameters of. ;)

Yes, I understand things. I am about 90% sure that those are the root causes of it, in combination with the fact that you have been reading Jojo's enough for it to influence you in a large way. This has happened to me with the anime and manga I pay attention to at times.

You are welcome.
DF  Post #: 207
4/18/2012 16:42:28   
Jae10
Creative!
Constructive!

quote:

*pokes topic and breaks awkward silence*

Alright, did everybody just fall off the face of the Earth? Trying to set a new record for longest time spent without a response?

Lol, that's an interesting way of puttin it...but I must agree with the Clown - real life has put many of us on, um, 'hold'. XD
AQW  Post #: 208
4/18/2012 17:16:32   
Glais

quote:

The reason you only do it with HS is that you subconciously view it as effectively an open sand box, from what you've seen here, and because you do not know of the game, you cannot possibly even know *how* to moderate your thoughts to the actual flavor and theme of it. The other games you understand the set parameters of. ;)

Ah there we go. That describes it perfectly, I simply was not sure how to describe it. Though I do drop references in my DF (and non AE stories) every HS idea I had is somewhat JoJo...in fact, here's how.

Corona:Combination of both Cars (appearance-wise) and Dio Brando (sort of).
Ultimate Chef:Tonio Trussardi
Dimension hopper:Funny Valentine
Demolition Based character:Yoshikage Kira
Reverse Corona:Diego Brando/Everything in Steel Ball Run/Diego Brando from another universe

And the list will probably go on. The Thief is probably my only fully original HS character.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 4/18/2012 17:32:04 >
DF MQ  Post #: 209
4/18/2012 18:22:12   
Shadowlight1

Body chemistry, maybe. Spiritual interactions, it doesn't explain why matter in contact with animals aren't affected. There is still much that I may never be able to confirm.
But no matter.

~Lunarox
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 210
4/19/2012 1:50:32   
Glais

@^:I find that most interesting....spirits seem to be above the effects of Dimension 0.5?

I also figured out a bit more of Corona's story's plot.

spoiler:

So the sun, it is no longer some cosmic horror as I originally planned. Instead it is...one of many that unfortunately for us, resides in our sun. As such, once defeated its siblings will be notified and will start coming after Corona...and with him being able to destroy a car at best it does not look very fair to him.
DF MQ  Post #: 211
4/19/2012 2:28:33   
Shadowlord9k

Gla: Looks like Corona had better get some backup then. Oh and I know of a few things that could distract your creative subconscious from JoJos. Probably can't name them due to forum rules though, they are pretty dark.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 212
4/19/2012 2:34:51   
Glais

PMs are always good. I don't mind dark as long as it doesn't stray into sexually explicit territory.

In a way, he will. I have several characters planned for him to meet (Ultimate Chef is his mentor of sorts, and he will eventually meet an incredibly crucial gravity manipulator who he becomes good friends with for example) Though the story involving the "Oldest Brother" should be really fun. In a way he's inspired by JoJo (appearance is similar to Silver Chariot Requiem) but personality and power-wise he is nothing the same.

Still, the backup will likely not exceed his own powers, as I'd rather figure a creative way to defeat these enemies rather than amp up the protagonists' power levels to ridiculous areas.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 4/19/2012 2:35:45 >
DF MQ  Post #: 213
4/19/2012 2:48:58   
Shadowlord9k

Gla: Well it's good that you have plans, If you need help with a little bit of the creativity I'd gladly help.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 214
4/19/2012 2:53:03   
Glais

Well yeah, even if things inspire me, I always do my best to take them in a different direction. Would be rather disgraceful otherwise. And I'd appreciate any help.

The problem I am confronted with now is how much of the plot I want to reveal for the purpose of getting outside help. Wouldn't want to spoil everything obviously.
DF MQ  Post #: 215
4/19/2012 3:04:12   
Shadowlord9k

Gla: Remember that inspiration can come from any place. You could always PM me about the planned plots, I'm good at keeping writing secrets (especially about my own writings).
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 216
4/19/2012 3:11:48   
Glais

Ah right, you would be the perfect confidante (sorry, just saw this word and felt like using it) as since you don't seem to write on the forums, you're the closest to completely neutral (despite the bias against Delta, and even then you read through one of his stories).
DF MQ  Post #: 217
4/19/2012 3:25:25   
Shadowlord9k

Gla:I guess that's is right. I thought about writing here a few times but I rarely finish anything in my mass of idea, and I hate to even have to think about how I have to write. For me it just all comes to me naturally. I will admit that there are some types of stories that I love more then others, but unless it delves into a pure romance thing I'm usually fine with anything. I actually read through David's older stories a while ago, and can you honestly blame me for hating him?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 218
4/19/2012 3:35:35   
Glais

Well I'm not gonna take sides. I've stated my thoughts on the specific story of his in his thread where it belongs. Plus, I don't know him. At all. Even internetically speaking.

His older stories looked too long for me to read (plus sifting through commentary and seeing "Born with 400 IQ" or something like that seemed well beyond ridiculous. It's one thing when it's Cars, who's a main antagonist. Protagonists need their limits in my opinion). Plus, as I have no real base in the HS Verse, it's hard for me to invest my time into an HS story. I just feel lost in it. DF on the other hand, I know all about so it's easier to immerse myself in its fanfics. Heck, the only reason I was able to latch onto Antithesis' story was because the setting...reminded me of my favorite JoJo Part, Battle Tendency ._.
DF MQ  Post #: 219
4/19/2012 3:45:20   
Shadowlord9k

Gla: Count yourself lucky on that, and yes his first stories were even more annoying the the aspects I pointed out numerous times before. HS doesnt have much of a storylinr so most of the fics have less grounding to the game then you would expect.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 220
4/19/2012 3:48:10   
Glais

That's good. Eh, can't say mine will be any different, in fact I wouldn't expect any real relation to the game at all. I only came here interested in the vast amount of writers working together, the actual game has little bearing on me.

And ok, well still haven't read em myself so can't really say anything there...
DF MQ  Post #: 221
4/19/2012 3:51:18   
Shadowlord9k

Gla: I personally think that a loose grounding works out great. You can just have more room to work with. To get a summary just read Clown and Gray's first story, most other fics go by the events in it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 222
4/19/2012 3:58:20   
Glais

I've wanted to read Clown's story for ages actually, simply because I find the idea of a Carnival/Jester villain to be incredibly awesome. Thing is, when he writes chapters he writes SERIOUS chapters. As in, 1-4 of them probably =1/3-1/2 of my entire story. I've heard his recent planned chapter is 25 pages long. Mine average I think 8 ._. It really depends on time I have to read.

So he somewhat set up the canon though? I want to be involved because collabs are fun, but I don't want to risk having my own stories restricted...
DF MQ  Post #: 223
4/19/2012 4:16:31   
Shadowlord9k

Gla: Yeah his chapters are long, but they don't cone out that often. It should be an easy read if you're dedicated to it. Copy pasting it into word and deleting paragraphs as you read them could also help. If you don't want to/can't read it I could gladly give you a summary of sorts.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 224
4/19/2012 4:21:29   
Glais

A summary would greatly be appreciated. It's not that I don't want to read it, but as of now I can't see myself finding the time to.
DF MQ  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Character Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 30«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition