Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion IX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion IX
Page 20 of 30«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/9/2012 22:05:06   
veneeria

@SCAR

It is a good idea, but also don't forget that this class focus too much in damage and little on tactical skills. (they don't have an equivalent to emp) Taking it, will make their other builds even weaker, while the str one was just slightly weaken.

Try to give a better replacement to the skill, something that benefits other blood mage builds.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 476
7/13/2012 8:13:34   
Oba

Quick suggestion; BloodMages fireball skill should be a tier 3 skill. It does ffs deal more dmg then max berserk when I abuse str as much as possible..
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 477
7/13/2012 8:47:10   
AztecFighter

suggestion:increase the energy cost of bludgeon cause at high lvls of the skill it requires low energy.cause fireball+bludgeon=dead they always have energy for these 2
DF Epic  Post #: 478
7/13/2012 12:24:34   
Midnightsoul

for blood mages...

switch bluedgeon's and reflex boost's place

replace bludgeon with assimilation so now it'll be a tier 3 move

looks like this:

field medic-fireball-energy shield
plasma cannon-blood lust-plasma rain
reflex boost-intimidate-overload
assimilation-supercharge-deadly aim

quote:

Guys...I just thought of the best way to fix static charge

Well...first, we need to rebuff it back to 48% at max...but...

It will work differently. Static Charge will now work by the average damage between your primary and auxiliary damage so let's says a person with 30-36 primary damage and 2-3 aux damage used SC...it should be about the same as someone with 16-20 primary AND aux damage using SC

here's a repost of original suggestions for CH

Plasma Shadow (similar to Hybrid Armor)

Passively increases resistance and block chance.
Stat required: 24 support step 2

lvl 1: 1 resistance and 1% block
lvl 2: 2 resistance and 1% block
lvl 3: 2 resistance and 2% block
so on...

ShockWave (new ultimate move for CH)
same energy cost as massacre
improves with technology/4
stat required: 20 strength step 2
Only does energy damage

A powerful wave drowns your opponent into terror.
20% chance to stun your opponent, but 10% chance to stun yourself after use
(if the RNG happens to stun both players...then make it as if nothing happened)

Oh yeah...forgot..plasma shadow replaces both shadow arts and plasma armor so to make up for the other move...

Domination

Passively increases both your robot and auxiliary damage.
Stat required: 22 Strength step 2

lvl 1: 1% (yes...the % goes to both the bot and aux each)
lvl 2: 3%
lvl 3: 5%
lvl 4: 7%
lvl 5: 9%
lvl 6: 11%
lvl 7: 12%
lvl 8: 13%
lvl 9: 14%
lvl 10: 15%

Cheap Blast (replaces Cheap Shot)
Use YOUR GUN to hit your opponent ignoring a % of defense with an additional 15% (yes...15%)
chance to crit.

(Works like cheap shot...except with a lower crit chance and can be deflected)

Static Drain (great move to replace emp for those who complain too much about how "OP'ed emp is", but personally...I dont believe EMP is OP'ed)
(WORKS EXACTLY LIKE STATIC CHARGE in my way with the average of primary and aux damage BUT STEALS ENERGY)
stat required: 5 dex step 3

(to prevent being OP'ed...the move will NOT be as effective as SC energy-wise)

lvl 1: 5%
lvl 2: 8%
lvl 3: 11%
lvl 4: 14%
lvl 5: 16%
lvl 6: 18%
lvl 7: 20%
lvl 8: 21%
lvl 9: 22%
lvl 10: 23%

I AM ALSO IN SUPPORT OF THE MOVE "CONDUCTION" but...when you come up to strike your opponent to apply conduction, you will only do 50% damage. Conduction replaces malfunction and may also be reduced by the assault bots, BUT...before I support it gets my full support...my question is...what will happen when malfunction takes more resistance than conduction?

TLM

Nuke (new ultimate move)
A physical version of surgical strike, but instead of life steal...it ignores 30% defense

Give Tactics and Technician to TLM. Remove blood shield and field commander.

Remove Reroute and add a new passive called "Strategy"

Strategy
All casting moves (like field medic, artillery strike, atom smash...but NOT like mineral armor) will become boosted with a percent and also lowers energy cost.

lvl 1: 1%
lvl 2: 3%
lvl 3: 5%
lvl 4: 7%
lvl 5: 8%
lvl 6: 9%
lvl 7: 10%
lvl 8: 11%
lvl 9: 12%
lvl 10: 13%

so let's say my artillery strike was 70 damage...if i had a lvl 7 strategy passive...it'll do 77 damage and if it costed 30 energy originally, it will now cost 27 energy after the effect.

(Special Move*Strategy) - Enemy's Defense= total damage

Blood Mage

(I dont know what to name it, but I want it to replace bludgeon) (Idea based somewhat on AQW's healer class with the move, heartbeat)
The percent of health u have leftover will determine your damage outcome.

(current HP/total HP * Effect) * Weapon Damage +10= total damage
The move is like bludgeon except that it is also determined by how much health u have left.

Unleash (Ultimate move for BM)

Warm up: 0 Cooldown: 2
Improves with Support/4
Requires 30 strength step 2
Energy cost: same as the regular supercharge
(You have to first burn a turn by toggling it on. THe move will give you a buff first that only lasts for two turns increasing your damage by 15%, but incoming damage by 10%) (Think of Soulweaver from Dragonfable where you use the final move...I think it's called SoulSynch)
Apply Mutation on yourself for two turns giving you a red aura which starts to transform your DNA. After transformation is complete, you must use it right away or else you will be back to normal and have to toggle another mutation. The user only loses energy after unleashing the beast (a giant, bloody wolf)

Blood Rain (replaces plasma rain)
Perform a ritual showering special blood onto you and your opponent.

Improves with Dexterity
Requires 20 support step 2

Basically, half the damage heals you and the other half hits your opponent.

< Message edited by Midnightsoul -- 7/13/2012 12:29:31 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 479
7/13/2012 16:56:40   
suboto

Leave tlm alone dont want any more changes to tlm. If u wanna discuss this discuss a different class
Epic  Post #: 480
7/13/2012 17:08:10   
Calogero

@Subzero

We are talking about CyberHunters and BloodMages... Haven't seen anyone mention TLM in quite some time

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 481
7/15/2012 17:24:27   
zion

In case my main post is deleted. If there is a phys and energy gun,sword,aux or whatever - please give defensive plus strength OR defensive plus support stats! Having str and sup doesn't help any worthwhile build. Thanks!
--Noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 482
7/15/2012 18:58:14   
evil2k8

Hunter Imbalance.

Cyber Hunter

Player A is a cyber hunter.

Player A has a strength build with a primary energy weapon equipt.

Player Malfunction's Player B

Player B attacks

Player A uses Static Charge

Player B Attacks

Player A Uses cheap shot (Or sidearm)

Player B Attacks

Player A Uses Massacre.

Player A wins.

Bounty Hunter

Player A is a Bounty Hunter.

Player A has a strength build with a primary physical weapon equipt.

Player Smoke Screens Player B

Player B attacks (Possible block with enhancement from Shadow Arts)

Player A uses Attack, Sidearm or CheapShot

Player B Attacks

Player A Uses Attack, Sidearm or CheapShot

Player B Attacks

Player A Uses Massacre.

Player A wins.

Now, you ask yourself, How can you defeat an opponent if they keep doing 25-35 damage per hit when you have limited heal and/or limited HP (5 Focus build).

When I PVP, I don't even bother with Cyber Hunters and even Bounty Hunters as the builds are similar. During Beta, Nightwraigth said builds are *In some way* supposed to be creative. This was argued when the Focus was nerfed. Nothing's creative if everyone carries the same, or similar, build.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 483
7/15/2012 21:45:03   
Rayman
Banned

^
I beat Easily Strs BHs and CHs with a 5 focus BM,CH, Or Bh. Also its now easy to beat Str bms with focus bh or bm.
The Str bhs with azrael borg is a much diferent thing.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 7/15/2012 21:47:51 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 484
7/16/2012 0:59:18   
rayniedays56

@ evil

Post the build for Player B please :)

Because I use a 5 Focus Tech BH, and I can stand tow to toe with Strength BM, BH, and CH.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 485
7/16/2012 1:13:15   
Luna_moonraider

@ above

wat bout str merc, mage and tlm

back to topic:

str build are easy to kill with a 5 focus bh. 1 emp and bye bye skill 1 smoke and oh no i have to waste a turn to debuff. imho 5 focus bh are way better than str build but str build win sometimes but that falls under the luck department so yeah.

AQW Epic  Post #: 486
7/16/2012 1:25:33   
Rayman
Banned

above:
Vs str merc, just emp and reflex and heal thats it.
TM: if they got E primary, just E shield. With phy primary just reflex. Theres more but i dont wanna explain everything.
AQW Epic  Post #: 487
7/16/2012 1:45:33   
Camoflague MerC

General Balancing: Debuff moves should do 50% damage on first strike, excluding intimidate, which should do 80% damage on first strike.

Support buff: person with the lowest support in a battle CANNOT go first.

General Balanceing: Abilitys that ignore defence, eg, Cheapshot, Bunker Buster, should scale the amount of defence ignored depending on how high the enemys defence is, Eg. enemy has an average of 40defence, cheap shot lvl 6 has a base of 26% defence ignored, + an additional 25% of the targets average defence. thats 10, so you kow ignore 36% defence, but has no 25% chance to crit.

< Message edited by Camoflague MerC -- 7/16/2012 1:46:41 >
Epic  Post #: 488
7/16/2012 4:50:07   
rayniedays56

@ Luna

Really dont see many Mercs with Strength. At least, I havent fought many yet Oo Strength TLMs are meh...they always have Energy primary so I outlast them (love tech on me xD)

And a strength mage. Seriously have NEVER fought one, although my alt is a strength Tech Mage xD, and I KNOW they are tough.

@camoflauge

:) That cheapshot thingy? I since strength and support abuse with that :)

Think about this. I have maxed cheapshot with high strength and high support.
I know I will crit a lot plus I can do a lot more damage with the improved cheapshot :)

< Message edited by rayniedays56 -- 7/16/2012 4:52:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 489
7/16/2012 5:16:42   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Raynie, i have fought many a str tm, you wouldn't think it would be tough would you? but let me tell you , they can be viscous little things!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 490
7/16/2012 6:04:29   
rayniedays56

LOLS I know! With reroute, max bludgeon, and a nice Deadly Aim!

Not mention also having Malfunction, allowing them to do 50+ damage while also stealing some energy with Assimilation :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 491
7/16/2012 8:20:45   
evil2k8

quote:

@ evil

Post the build for Player B please :)

Because I use a 5 Focus Tech BH, and I can stand tow to toe with Strength BM, BH, and CH.

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/Evil2k8/Random171.png
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 492
7/16/2012 9:13:18   
rayniedays56

Hmmm...I like your build evil. Have you tried asking the MerCouncil for help?

Located here.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 493
7/16/2012 14:10:30   
Khannibal

I don't rant often but I need this off my chest and sorting.

I'm sick of skilless, bandwagoining, disrespectful, God awful strength abuse Blood Mage's.
They are a literal abomanation and I have no respect for the majority of them.

This from someone who doesn't bat an eyelid at str BH's Dex CH's Tank TLM's Tech TM's Tech Merc's and Str Mercs.
They're just ridiculous.

I mean maxed fireball, a massive, unblockable, physical attack that improves with a skill that abuses itself, and it's usable on first turn, bloody bludgeon doing massive damage and never getting blocked despite them normally having under 70 dex, bloodlust of course, and Deadly Aim that never really gets deflected. I've just been killed by some kid with 70+63 Strength who got a critical Gun shot of 63, whilst I had 38 resistance, it takes absolutely no skill, requires no defence and fully abuses the setup they've been given to get fast wins.

I'd care less, if they all weren't so bloody disrespectful, i've played this since late Alpha on one account, and the day of Beta on Khannibal. and I'm repeatedly getting called a noob, a moron and getting general abuse off a bunch of 12 year olds who's mums have bought them 10k varium, they've copied someone and won because of it.

Worst off, there's no counter for it, it's such a damaging build and a massive tank build would likely be critted, and not have the offensive capabilities to take them down.

It needs sorting, oh and unblock the word "Idiot" if someone is one, behaves like one and insults you like one, they are one. I can think of much more offensive words to vent on the scum of the earth ;] Like scum.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 494
7/16/2012 16:26:10   
evil2k8

@Above

Use my build and you have no trouble with Strength TM's.

I've tried all classes, and no matter what, Bounties and Cybers are OVERPOWERED.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 495
7/16/2012 22:19:53   
Camoflague MerC

Fully agree Khanibal, the only chance you stand against a strength BM is if you block bludgeon, even then they rage SO fast (usually with 7-9 support......), and always do 50+ with gun rage. I personally am disgusted at stregnth abuse BMs, i just click F5 sometimes cause it makes me feel so sick. Fireball, Bludgon, Deadly Aim are ABUSED SO MUCH, its insane, Bloodlust should probably be changed to a different passive to.

My observations: Bounty Hunter strength builds are overpowered, Cyber hunter to (Malf+Passive defence is a very bad idea), especially very high HP, strength cybers, they can be as bad as Strength BMs. Mercs i have to say are balanced, they are almost perfect, justa few small tweaks here and their and they would be perfectly balanced, same with TLMs, Techmages have 1 or 2 builds that can be abused, but they only need a few tweaks to fix.

Quick suggestion: Increase the support requirment on Deadly aim and make it increase +1 per level, not by a percentage, because its overpowered that way, lvl 1 dealy aim gives +4 gun damage.....

< Message edited by Camoflague MerC -- 7/16/2012 22:27:28 >
Epic  Post #: 496
7/16/2012 22:26:06   
King FrostLich

Bloodlust is one of the essence skills for Blood mage hence the name? The only way to balance Blood Mage is to improve fireball with support instead.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 7/16/2012 22:27:41 >
Epic  Post #: 497
7/17/2012 0:03:11   
edwardvulture

The New non-varium guns are really bad. The special is great until the gun gets constantly deflected due to its lack of tech. If its going to give support and strength at the same time, then the requirements shouldn't have support or strength, yet they do... Almost impossible to make a good build with. And... they both give about the same stats.
Dragon breath and Hazard Heart are both way better.
Sorry for being ungrateful but I hope the 3rd vault door unlocks some usable gear.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 498
7/17/2012 1:37:54   
midnight santa

i tink der is sumting rong wit bloodmage, in 2v2 i not even get turn, dey do 60 dmg + 60 dmg so wen i am last i am dead now.
Epic  Post #: 499
7/17/2012 2:18:54   
Drianx

Noobish strength Blood Mage is the pathetic response to noobish strength Bounty Hunter and Cyber Hunter.

Angry fools don't have to blame it on the players, but rather blame it on the ones that allowed such stupid builds to become so successful.

Why should a player NOT use a build that is successful, only because it looks 'noobish' or has a cheap pattern?

Yes, it is sad, but that's the way they made it.

I'm not defending noobish builds, I am only concluding. EpicDuel stopped requiring skill ages ago.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 7/17/2012 2:19:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion IX
Page 20 of 30«<1819202122>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition