Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread II
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2012 10:20:19   
pietheman

teehee have i commentated for anybody here?
Post #: 26
6/16/2012 22:50:17   
Antithesis

Pie,

You have.

But just so you know, all chat is blocked from other people in Royale, so nobody can see your observations.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/17/2012 1:03:58   
pietheman

I'm pretty sure thats a lie...I've made people facepalm :/
Post #: 28
6/17/2012 8:46:11   
blank452

@pie
'Tis no lie, man of pie. If you try to PM any opponent, either team or randomer in Royale, it doesn't work. An error occurs that says you can't chat to a member of the opposing team. I guess it's to prevent sledging.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
6/17/2012 17:41:21   
Antithesis

quote:

I guess it's to prevent sledging.

Heavens know that I'd do it. Lol.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/17/2012 17:56:37   
plebster

WTH is sledging!? I always thought it was sitting on on a sledge going down snow.
AQW  Post #: 31
6/17/2012 18:09:25   
Antithesis

Sledging is when you are mean and trolly to the other team or other players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/18/2012 20:01:43   
Sir Night

quote:

quote:

So right now unless other figures would show otherwise I'd prefer to see Super Intellect left as is.

No other figures will support otherwise. Please leave it as is. ._.

Well they'd better fix something. Late reply, but right now with mental you can DoT at 500+ per tick. I don't know how strong it would be without the DoT bug, but even without effects that's way overpowered. And the DoT bug still isn't getting fixed.
Post #: 33
6/19/2012 0:54:48   
Antithesis

quote:

Well they'd better fix something. Late reply, but right now with mental you can DoT at 500+ per tick. I don't know how strong it would be without the DoT bug, but even without effects that's way overpowered. And the DoT bug still isn't getting fixed.

You can get over 500 per tick on mental if you're using Siphon Life, but that's one single tick of "DoT" (but seeing as it's only one tick, it isn't really a DoT)

The only thing Mental can do is damage, whilst other power types can reduce accuracy, haste, and deal huge damage in combination.

Chudling rash, when combined with Unstable and Mutate, can do over 270 damage in a DoT that lasts a very long time and is EASILY loopable.
And it completely wrecks your haste to boot, with only a twelve second cooldown.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
6/20/2012 0:26:41   
Sir Night

Hmm, fair enough. I didn't realize that the mega DoT only lasts for 1 tick.

Still, the DoT bug really needs to be fixed. It probably wouldn't even take 10 minutes of Dumoose's time for him to just sit down and do it.

< Message edited by Sir Night -- 6/20/2012 0:30:57 >
Post #: 35
7/2/2012 12:03:56   
zanathos

Does anyone know some good Radiation powers?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
7/2/2012 18:30:16   
plebster

Would this be a good royale set?: yergenism, unstable, mutate, chudling rash, irradiate. ( yah it sounds unusual but you could get 2 kills then die nearly every time)
AQW  Post #: 37
7/3/2012 17:15:18   
anybees apprentice

I agree

*MUNCH* exceeds 500X100 pixel size allowed. See
the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
Post #: 38
7/5/2012 14:09:02   
Tally

Team Brawl would still be a much more enjoyable experience if the queue was set up the same way as Power Defense, like it used to be. Takes a max of 6, will accept 4 people for a 2vs2 match after a certain amount of time. It's not always easy to get 6 people to join the queue, and then for all 6 to actually enter the match when it starts.
DF MQ  Post #: 39
7/5/2012 14:25:19   
groundzerogravity0

Yeah I agree with Tally. Also, can we please have a limit on how many Legendary powers we can use? To many people are using them in every build and it makes the game less fun. Being creative is what really made pvping fun. This would even give others a chance to get a shot at being a smashdome champion, and not just those who abuse overpowering builds by using nothing but L.powers. What happend to the original days of pvping when we used simple builds like darkness, lightning reflexes, etc. ?
Post #: 40
7/5/2012 15:21:24   
blank452

@gzg0
As with every PvP format, expect cheese. All the time.

I can understand the sentiment, but I have to go against you on this issue. It's the player's choice to go full legendary or total bug abuse or full healadin in 3v3 and no-one should stop them from doing so (if it's part of the game) Pro-choice and all that, but if certain powers being used together because each one is very good ends up being much better then the rest, then that is more of a balance issue within the powers themselves.
For the record, all but 1 legendary power are fairly balanced IMO.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 41
7/5/2012 15:34:58   
groundzerogravity0

I see what you're saying.. well can HS at least have more varieties of powers so there wont be to many of the same over used powers?
Post #: 42
7/5/2012 23:01:43   
Sir Night

I agree that the legendaries aren't that bad right now, especially compared to the super powers, but abusing bugs is just cheating. Saying that nobody should be stopped from doing that is like saying that nobody should be stopped from hiding an ace up their sleeve in a game of poker.

And it's completely unfair for the other teammates when someone heals away all of your points in a 3v3. I really don't know why that penalty is even there. If they wanted to do that the penalty should have been put in the 5-man brawl so the only one you would be hurting is yourself.

< Message edited by Sir Night -- 7/5/2012 23:02:50 >
Post #: 43
7/6/2012 4:45:48   
blank452

@Night
The way bug abusing should be stopped is to remove it from the game, so not giving the users a chance to contuinue to use it.
It's what happened with Gen 1 Ice Barrage. Dumoose removed the OP-ness from the skill, so the people who used it for the OP-ness, subsequently couldn't.

If people choose to do something that is against the rules, but is part of the game, then the only way to stop them is to make it so they can't.
Just telling them to stop isn't enough, it should get removed from the game in order to stop them. Again, IMO and that good stuff.

Yeah, the healing mechanics of 3v3 is odd. I've always thought it would be better if you only lost points if you heal yourself when you don't need to.
Its all down to the little "heal me!" icon that appears when someone is lower then a certain % HP (can't remember what specifically). If a team-mate has that icon, thus below the % HP threshold, and you heal them your team gains points up to certain cap (so as not to have 2 super-HoTs heal 1000 points in a split second).
If you heal a team-mate when they don't have the icon (or below a certain % HP) then no points are scored or lost.
If you heal yourself when below that % HP, no points scored and none are lost.
If you heal yourself when above that % HP, points are lost as normal.

This way players looking for the medic medal don't have to screw over their team in order to gain it, yet still has penalties if you don't play as a team.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
7/16/2012 15:02:49   
Tally

So, since healing in 3vs3 hurts the score, why is healing 3000 amount of damage in Team Brawl an option for the Medic badge?
DF MQ  Post #: 45
9/13/2012 19:14:02   
plebster

@above: yeah I also think it's a bit silly to be honest, when someone just comes along with surge, pandora's, episkea, healing touch, you're like WTH?! And they say 'gotta get medic' and you're like 'ARGHHH'
AQW  Post #: 46
9/14/2012 2:31:59   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Because you gain points for healing alies, that's what the badge was meant to do promote team work.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
9/14/2012 3:02:54   
plebster

No, you actually LOSE points if you heal in 3 vs 3 team brawl which is silly. Medic promotes team healing which basically means it's asking you to lose points. There is another option which is healing in power defence for medic. PD doesn't make you lose points for healing but it takes much longer so people generally go for medic in 3 vs 3. Plasma I like you but please try to get your facts accurate before posting them. There are a few other examples :/

< Message edited by plebster -- 9/14/2012 3:11:35 >
AQW  Post #: 48
9/14/2012 13:57:42   
Tally

You may gain extra personal pvp points from the match when it ends, but for the 3vs3 team score during the match, it goes down from healing. Personally I think it'd make more sense for healing to only hurt your match score in Royale, so it only affects yourself and doesn't make other people possibly lose.
DF MQ  Post #: 49
9/14/2012 18:32:03   
Antithesis

Ohgodwhat

Healing in Battle Royale should stay exactly as it is. You need survivability to come out on top and hurting your score for healing in there would butcher it for many of us.

unless you're me cause making heals hurt your points in royale would guarantee my victory every single time huehuedohohoho
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread II
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition