Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread II
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2012 12:03:28   
plebster

According to MY DoT math error theory, a 40% buff should make a 50 damage per tick do 98 damage per tick instead of 70.
AQW  Post #: 76
12/13/2012 1:27:40   
linklink0091

rofl im sure other math nuts in the fourm would agree with my math over yours, 40% of 50 is 20...you add on the 20 to the 50 you come up with the finle result of the add on buff of what ever two moves your are refering to :3

in order to get your result you would need to buff by 96% rofl, in my tradeschool and high school not even the teachers kept up with my math skills hun...math is utter power in everything in life and i intend to show that power well :3

< Message edited by linklink0091 -- 12/13/2012 4:45:09 >
AQW  Post #: 77
12/13/2012 2:40:04   
plebster

You're not understanding what I'm trying to say :/ tally understood though when I told her all this a while ago. Buff 50 by 40%. You get 70. Buff 70 by 40%. You get 98. Simples. That is the mathematical ERROR. The error is that powers get buffed and buffed again if you use the buff before the DoT. If there was NO error, you would get 70 if you buff 50 by 40%.

< Message edited by plebster -- 12/13/2012 2:45:42 >
AQW  Post #: 78
12/13/2012 4:43:22   
linklink0091

now see...you didnt say you was trying to recreate the code abuse in the game in math terms here...the way you had put it made it sound like you was trying to prove the math error is correct in the game even though you said you agreed...which just baffled me further lol and if tally understood and she saw me struggling with someone elses typen style she would not hesitate to shove it in my face on how it was intended .-. ish that right tally >___>

but ya the way you put it is correct or as close as we can figer for the ingame cose abuse...im sure thiers a better fourmual to explain it then just base X buff X buff....even then it dosent always come as close as i like it to...need to find that missing varable, i already put in to account the differnce in the high and low of the over time numbers (unbuffed)

also not sure if you all noticed this, but the ice elemental powers such as chilly wind has changed...the cooldowns of each increased by 3 secs and dose a lil more damage (the powers in overlook) and what i gather from shadow knight the price of frozen core increased as well and the % showing in the description lessened...another note to add is we all know sarin grande lowers power out put of any skill by 90% (the damage/healing) of the foe...i ran some further tests after seeing somen strange in the numbers...when a player buffs his/her's over time skill and i place sarin...it seems as if the last bit of the code abuse formual wasnt part of the reduction equation of said skill, thoughts on these new developments or new aspects i might have miss cuase of my lack of uptodate testing due to my horridly slow internet connection (dial up)
AQW  Post #: 79
12/13/2012 16:41:49   
plebster

Lol sorry for not explaining well. :) at least you understand now, which is good.
About ice buffs and sarin grenade, I can't add anything to that because I don't use those powers much. I get what you're saying though. Still, we need someone to fix all this, but it's not fair on the staff to get them to spend time fixing a game which has about 100 players Maximum online at a time, when they would all benefit (money-wise) from helping with AQW or Dragonfable. After all, ultimately, it is their company and their game.
AQW  Post #: 80
12/13/2012 16:52:51   
Tally

Sorry Link xD you confused me a bit there too, I thought you knew he was talking about the code error's formula.
DF MQ  Post #: 81
12/13/2012 22:13:41   
linklink0091

they dont exactly need a highly trained staff or even a lot of staff to man herosmash...just some eger volenteers to assist...i mean those "testers" they had for herosmash just up and died not 3 months in the assiminet they asked...look at players like tally me or even shadow knight...im sure others are willing to take that role just as much as we three can and want to

HECK i personaly dont want the golden name..it just cuases unwanted attion from other players and we dont get "controled" tests on players opinens or even behavor

< Message edited by linklink0091 -- 12/13/2012 22:22:44 >
AQW  Post #: 82
12/14/2012 10:49:24   
plebster

So you, tally, and SK know a bit of coding? Emailing dumoose would be the first step to becoming a dev or tester. You should give it a go!
AQW  Post #: 83
12/14/2012 16:32:34   
linklink0091

i dont know enough, i just know how to troble shoot, my math skills, and a few other things...i sent a email once before but cuase of my horrid grammer skills i guess they didnt believe i was actually 20 back then .-. along back then i came hard at AE and called them out on many things if you remember :3 i dont think they want someone this...idk how to put it... abesssive for balance? lol even if i personal dont know coden, i know tally dose and even if i cant code dont mean i can run hours of tests for in game preformence for the users/players

and this is why i wanna get some minor player suport for tally and other players who are eager to test for AE without that gold name or at the very least hidden from public eye, i would asume they would listen if each of us had some kind of recences whiter its a lot of a few key players

< Message edited by linklink0091 -- 12/14/2012 16:40:07 >
AQW  Post #: 84
12/14/2012 17:59:53   
plebster

Sounds good, tally you should submit an application to dumoose then (obviously only if you actually wanna be a dev)
AQW  Post #: 85
12/14/2012 23:50:54   
Tally

Aw, thanks for that guys but I'm not sure if I'm an experienced enough coder for them xD I can make a forum look all pretty, but I haven't done things with games.
I did though apply to be a tester way back when they were taking applications. I didn't get in, but I was just barely under the age limit then, although I fit those requirements now.
DF MQ  Post #: 86
12/16/2012 15:59:22   
Labyth
Banned

to my prespective since we all have the right to talk is the power must be balance to their price.example i would give u gravity wrap what its price just stand in circle for 400 points for 35 matches,and what do u get u get skill that dehaste and haste u.i am person that believe the price should match the reward since hard work must pay off.
oh yeah all the buff need fixing i played with them so much i know they are all unbalanced the onyl time they become balance is when the buff disapears example fashion+super intellgent that around 400-500 healing over time when super intellgent disapears and u still have fashion on is like 200-250 healing over time wich matches the description of the skill more.
Post #: 87
12/16/2012 18:36:54   
plebster

You're right which is why gore needs a serious buff (20 sec cooldown instead of 60, or something along those lines) and surge needs a serious debuff.
AQW  Post #: 88
12/16/2012 18:42:11   
Tally

Thank you for mentioning surge x.x It of course needs a debuff, not to mention that its energy resistance effect lasts about 18 seconds, and surge's cooldown is only 20 seconds. Basically kills the energy element since there are no alternate elemental versions of it.
DF MQ  Post #: 89
12/16/2012 19:59:31   
linklink0091

gore dose need buff (less cooldown) but not to the point it is easly loopable ...to make it fair anywhere from 35 secs to 45 secs good enough

as for labyth's post, what? the secend part of the post of his...well duh hun...thats just more proof of the problem iv ranted about for almost a year now and just now ppl on this fourm are agreeing with me...and i recall you saying i was wrong and thier was nothen wrong with the game labyth lol

as for tally...thier is a easy for that...you could leave everything else alone and just increase the cooldown to close to 40 secs, or decrease the damage and resistance effect by at least half or more and leave it at its current cooldown
AQW  Post #: 90
12/18/2012 21:43:53   
Labyth
Banned

Now link i am get a little of the topic for what i remember i never have said that their is nothing wrong with the game i said i love all powers and i am willingly to use them all. don't put words unless you have picture that can prove i said so, if not don't bring things up unless it will help your point somehow wich i doubted.Oh yeah and just so u know link i do think is wrong how u wish to limit the use of legendary powers just to refresh ur mind people use legendary power as way to substitute lost rares example animal fury(reen rampage) or to copy mem skills that they cannot aquired elastic kick or punch(ice barrage)

As for skills that need buff i would say shadow slice price doesn't fit it purpose since ice barrage and yerganism really can out do shadow slice maybe make the effect of it 5% stronger.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 12/18/2012 21:48:31 >
Post #: 91
12/23/2012 9:00:59   
linklink0091

couldnt find a proper area i felt was good enough to post this....soo im just going to say it...it seems with the lastest update to overlook we have a missing shop...the ice power shop...not the artic power but ice powers such as chilly wind and one or two other ice base powers....
AQW  Post #: 92
12/23/2012 12:17:57   
Postmaster General

I'm going to say this as a blanket warning to all, this is quickly turning into a flame war. Keep all comments constructive and friendly, or action will be taken. You can disagree about certain aspects, but do not attack one another.

Also, Link, we are aware of the missing power shop.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
12/23/2012 12:56:23   
linklink0091

pawsome thank you for letting me know on that so quickly, as well i may have found where to look for when fixing or if you all will attemp to fix it the problem where powers get weaker as your level is further away from the power...i was expirementing on my alt and was useing taser and of corse as everyone knows taser decreases haste by 90% and when used on monsters/ players near taser's power level that effect happens...BUT if used on a target 6 or (how many it takes to reach cap) levels HIGHER then the power level it ALSO has that same problem...now i thought about it for about 10 mins and came to the conclosion its not the power it self but the effect of said powers, possably a code within taser's effect (i have yet to go all out in testing as this newb (low level ) account is diffacult to get most if not all powers before level 8 so i wont be as thrilled about my extensive testing as i like to be ) comments or questions?

and if i may post, (might be my slight golableness ) but i dont see anyone openly attacking on another with rather valugar comments, if thier is can some one point it out for me please, it can be told to me in a note if need be

AQW  Post #: 94
12/23/2012 14:26:58   
plebster

@above lol I tested the same thing with my lvl 5 acc (signature, now lvl 7) and the lowest lvl taser against my normal acc (vestige) on 2 seperate windows in a duel.
AQW  Post #: 95
12/23/2012 15:04:04   
linklink0091

and your results? and any further thoughts in to it?
AQW  Post #: 96
12/30/2012 19:41:52   
plebster

Same as your results, as we discussed in game.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Firey core still only buffs by 90%, not 120% like dumoose said in the Feb 9th power balances (check wave 3)
AQW  Post #: 97
12/31/2012 12:20:39   
linklink0091

i dont really belive that thread to much....and i see he uses indecators for haste as a whole number as if it is adjusted on a bar or somen, all the while i found somen new about the power level to player level bug.....and some interesting facts about other powers

we remember that the effect of a power is weakened as you personal level is higher then your power's level....i was wrong about the you need to be 5 levels higher.....i need to look in to it further....but we all know at level 20 pulsar (level 15) dose 40% haste buff correct (or dose someone else have some vaild proof to out waigh my theory )....soo i made a level 15 alt (killed it later cuase i wanted to keep really low on the level chart) and used pulsar....it increased haste by 100% in all actuletly...which explains why i was ignorantly doing so well those first three months of pvp (my so often not believed unkillable days -at the very least one death in a week) before the level cap to 20 happen and after the cap rise thats about when i went in to overdrive for testin...though i did minor stuff during 15 cap...getting off track XD

still the fact that the bug stated above reduces power of effects by so much in such a few levels is just...well in my opinen wrong
AQW  Post #: 98
1/17/2013 20:21:33   
Aqwtiny123

I highly agree and so many people need ice barrage during these days best like PD
DF AQW  Post #: 99
1/18/2013 0:29:13   
herosmashyumi

chudling rash needs a huge debuff gets annoying when people are looping it.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread II
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition