Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=MtAK= The Scourge of the Battlefield

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> =MtAK= The Scourge of the Battlefield
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/30/2012 19:30:54   
Cataclysm
The fanciest of moustaches

Greetings to all. I'm the AQ Suggestion's newest ArchKnight, Teh Cataclysmic One. You can refer to me as any derivative of that, since the name's long as heck. Cataclysm, TCO, Cata, Dude Who Goes All Murderface In Wars... Oh wait, that last one's longer.

Anyway, some of you know I've got a fairly in depth persona developed for Cataclysm. Maybe you've read my L&L *totally not plugging it*. Maybe you've just seen me talk about Cataclysm on the forums. So I'm going to do things a bit differently than most MtAKs I've seen. You can ask questions of me, TCO, or of my character, Cataclysm. Differentiate them somehow, though, so I don't get them confused.

A bit of information about me: I've been playing AE games for around 5 years, but I was gone for at least 3 of them, meaning I'm closer to a 2 year player with memories extending back further. I'm a bit of an author and just the teensiest bit perfectionist, but curiously, I almost never go back and check over things, banking on them already being perfect. I'm a heavy procrastinator and a bit lazy.

The rules:

• One post per page.
  • 15 questions max, that's between the two (so you can ask 10 for me, 5 for Cataclysm or 15 for me and none for Cataclysm, but not 14 for me and 6 for Cataclysm).
  • I reserve the right to not answer questions.

I'll be editing in This color. Code for if you want to be awesome and help me out:
[color=#158254][/color]
Thread will be open for until I lock it, which will be at least a week, but no longer than 3. 4 I shall not reach, and 5 is right out.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/30/2012 19:31:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
7/30/2012 19:34:12   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

Hiya TCO...congrats on being an AK
Thanks ^^

So with this new powers will it possibly hinder your warmongering?
Doesn't seem to have stopped Elryn any. I don't see it stopping me, either. That's what 5 AP courses are for!

Well not gonna ask much questions.
Aww, I was a bit curious as to what you could come up with.

Congrats again!
Thanks again!

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/30/2012 19:36:14 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
7/30/2012 20:03:54   
Archmage Alfy

*glomps Teh Cataclysmically Archknighted One* Congrats man.
*is glomped* Thanks.

It must be so hard to breathe in battle with that face mask Cataclysm. Do you poke a few holes in it?
I remove it for war. Otherwise, I leave it on because I'm becoming a bit too famous for my own good. Doesn't help that some of us warmongers gather to discuss our warring in Yulgar's after the war's end, though...

You're fighting The'Galin cuz you're bored. What equipment do you run into battle with?
The only equipment I need is my plate armor and my claymore, two meters of a rare ebony mineral, enchanted with the power of Wind to decrease weight and increase cutting capabilities, movable to my will.

Do you like Cataclysm or Ulthair better, and which guy do you play more nowadays?
Cataclysm, of course. He's got much more backstory and characterization on him than Ulthair. As a character, Cataclysm is much more well developed and deep than Ulthair. Though I usually end up playing on Ulthair most because he still needs to get to that level cap.

What's Cataclysm's favorite pet (including rares)?
I actually don't have any pets on Cataclysm. Given his blade is two meters (which is around 6'6" if you're using US system), having a pet anywhere nearby is hazardous to its health.

Cataclysm becomes isolated on the battlefield. To his left, there are 5 Dracovamp Handmaidens (x3). To his right, there are 5 Werepyre (150)s. How does Cataclysm respond?
I reason he'd stand his ground, gripping his blade tightly, calming his nerves and focusing solely on the battle ahead. Heavily evasive action would be needed, of course, and each one expertly timed, given the multitude of powerful enemies he'd stumbled upon. Driving through the Dracovamp Handmaidens would be his first priority, as they can weaken him, should their attacks strike. With a swift swing and a flash of midnight, the Dracovamps would fall, one by one, as he weaved through the onslaught of foes, until none were left. Then he could focus wholly on the Werepyres, who would fall in short order. I suppose that would suffice for an answer...

Sorry TCO, I'm not too good with questions, so that's all from me! See you around.
No worries. Farewell for now.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/30/2012 20:30:35 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
7/30/2012 20:05:17   
battlesiege15

Hehe noticed this before the actual Ask the AK thread ^___^
Yeah, no one posted in that until after I'd actually made this thread.
Just a couple of questions:
*readies his question-answering skills*
1. How are them shackles?
A bit tight, but they've made sure they'll not infringe my combat capabilities when the time comes for war.
2. How's the dungeon?
The lighting is awful, but they've provided me with materials enough to continue my writing.
3. Favorite item of all item?
Actual, in game item? It's tough, but I'd have to go with Rx for Destruction. It's got such a solid stun chance, it makes fighting much easier. Otherwise, I'd go with Cataclysm's claymore, described in the past post.
4. Favorite build?
Cataclysm's future build. It's a curious Warrior build, designed to basically never die, but it's not a tank build. 200 STR/DEX/LUK, 110 END, 40 INT. That INT at 150 should allow 2 Plvl 140 Healing spells, making it much more durable.
5. Favorite war?
That's like asking a father to choose his favorite son! If I had to pick, I'd say either the Mostly Harmful, because the community was awesome (I vividly recall realizing we're not going to win and making a speech that "Even if we lose, we're going to give Dhows hell before we do" or something to that effect), or Terrible Twelve, for the same reason. Great community during those wars.
Congrats again! May your days as AK be fun and interesting!*
I'd rather them NOT be interesting, boring and mundane is much better. Warning people is no fun =(
*disregarding the dungeon and shackles of course

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/30/2012 20:39:09 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 4
7/30/2012 20:25:54   
Laos

Hey Dude Who Goes All Murderface In Wars TCO!
Hey Laos!
Congratulations and welcome to the ArchKnights!
Thanks.
Like every other MtAK, I don't have questions. I only came here to congratulate you.. so on that note I shall bid you a goodbye. Have fun and good luck!
I'll be sure to!
-Laos

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/30/2012 20:40:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/30/2012 20:29:16   
Tha Killa

Yo~ Congratz on AKing!!!!
Thanks ^^
1.Do you like the Gween?
Never really paid them much attention.
2.Do you have the Gween?
Nope.
3.If you don't have it why not?
Memory serving, they need CHA. No CHA = no use to me. Also, I don't really use pets ever.
4.I will not ask your favorite war since you'll get it asked like 20 times:) So what was your favorite monster to fight in a war so far?
Revamped Werewolf Warriors. 1k HP? Wheee!
5.Where did TCO come from?
I was wondering if this would be a question. So, I returned from the forums after an extremely long hiatus, and my old username was used as a few other things, so I wanted it changed. But I'd developed a name in other settings that I frequently used. So I tried to incorperate that name with Cataclysm, my character's name, and this ungainly name was born.
6.Opinion of me?
Y'seem like a right swell chap. Blimey, I'm suddenly stereotypically British! Cheerio, need to go sweep some chimneys.
7.Am I good warmonger?
You're pretty good from what I've seen. Makin' me sweat a bit trying to cap Ulthair and pass you or stay ahead of you.
8.Least favorite war?
I'd have to say the first Seekrat war. So. Many. Tanks.
9.War you most regret missing?
All of the ones I've missed thus far.
10.Gween or Akriloth plushie?
Akriloth Plushie. Too much adorable. Plus, it's NAME includes how snuggleful it is..
11.What kind of war would you like to have (undead, dragon etc...)
Glass cannon war please. Algern's Carapace + CIT = everything dies
12.Favorite weapon?
In-game, Rx for Destruction because stunning is insanely helpful. Out of game, Cataclysm's claymore.
13.Do you like races?
I love all people, white, black, what-have-you. Or do you mean war races? Because those are great too. I just don't usually participate because, despite Cataclysm's ungodly killing speed, I myself am actually fairly slow.
14.Favorite Rare?
Probably my Straightjacket, despite my dislike of it being fully innaccurate and 1 hit. It means I don't need to get the Thunderbird Armor (I don't like its aesthetic) and the lack of the water armor isn't a bother for me. Very useful.
15.Gween or Hallow?
Aren't Gween the cute version, Hallow the NOM YOUR FACE version? I pick cute.
Well that's all from me, Congratz again and hope to see you on the battlefield:)
Thanks again. And you will be seeing me, I assure you.
Killa

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/30/2012 20:50:45 >
AQ  Post #: 6
7/30/2012 22:02:42   
Tep Itaki
Friendly!

SorryCongratz on being capturedAK!
Thanks!
1. Do you want some of my PomPom Grenades?
Of course. Kersplodey things are nice.
2. Easy kills or challenge monsters?
For wars, easy kills. Nothing but Werewolf Warriors, please! But otherwise, I like challenge mobs. Fighting the 150 Algern was great. HPPKing him was actually hard.
3. Are there anything you wish with your new found powers?
Well, there's lots that I wish. But with my powers limited to the Suggestions forum right now, I don't think I can stage a hostile takeover of AE. Yet.
4. Did you get that avatar because you love Rak?
Yes. Rak Wraithraiser is amazing.
5. Ecstatic about AK or no?
Of course. It's a great showing of trust from the forum higher-ups.
6. New rares or old rares?
I'm honestly not much of a fan of rares in general.
7. Don't you just love my PomPom Grenades?
Quite. They add something to the war threads.
That's all. Have fun with the first letters of my questions XD!
*shake fist*
*throws a boomerang and rides away on it after it comes back* WHEEE!!

NEW QUESTIONS!
*a hole bursts open a wall and you are glomped you from the side*
/me is glomped
Okay I'm back again for some questions after seeing people adding more to theirs XD
Maybe I should've disallowed this. Oh well.
8. What will you do if I submit a quest of my own on this forum? :3
Review it. Perhaps comment on it. Lock it for an FSI violation I made up Help you out if you seem like you need it.
9. Here have some cookies and brownies as you answer this question. Legend of Zelda fan?
Very much so. Ocarina of Time remains one of my favorite games. But... WATER TEMPLE! So much RAEG
10. What's your favorite pet? By design or functionality.
Akriloth Plushie. It's snuggleful.
11. What would you do if I was an alien?
Call Ghostbusters. Not for any reason, just to hang with Bill Murray.
12. I grant you two cards. An Omnomnom card and a ZOMG card. What card shall you use?
Omnomnom, I would activate it on those cookies and brownies.
13. What is the toughest challenge you ever faced? Real life or game life
Hmm. This is challenging. Life is oft filled with its trials and tribulations; to pick one out of many proves itself difficult.
14. Who do you think will win in the Frostval 5 day Delivery Race?
Probably not me. I suspect Kalle or Mystical Warrior, with you in strong contending if you fared as well as you did during the last war. Mayhap Elryn, should he get time. I'll make a good showing though.
15. Last one already? Huh. Question do fly when you have some fun. Do you have a right to create your own one-of-a-kind weapon now that you're an archknight? You don't have to answer this one
No, ArchKnights don't get special weapons. I think that's specifically reserved for staff.
*hands you a box full of PomPom grenades* This is thanks for answering my questions.
Many thanks. These and the cricket bat shall get along quite well.
*Suddenly Artimix walks through hole in the wall and starts dragging me away* Noo!!! I wanna stay!!! >.< *kicking and screaming starts to slowly fade after we both disappear from sight*
That's not the strangest exit I've seen.

I have stranger

< Message edited by Tep Itaki -- 8/10/2012 20:49:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
7/30/2012 23:22:10   
majesticstar3800

Alright, Once again(This is such cliche'd statements) Congratulatios on an(extremely expected) AKship!(although I expected it to not be in AQ Suggestions)
I'm glad some people expected it, because I sure didn't. Caught me off guard, that's for sure.
Let's start with the questions.
*cracks knuckles*
1. Cookies, Pie, Cake, Fried Chicken? Check all that apply
All of the above. Preferably combined into one delicious foodstuff.
2. What are your secrets to warring like a maniac on steroids? You can tell me, just not them
Way, way, WAY too much time on my hands.
3. What is your least favorite monster in AQ, EVER?
Iron Golem. You may have 170% to Wind, but BY GOD SO MUCH HEALTH
4. Cataclysm is one top-notch warmonger. How will you catch up if let's say your internet is dead by like TWO DAYS? O-O
I'll just cap like I always do. The last war, I missed the first 3 days I think it was. Still ended in the top 10 with Cataclysm. I think Ulthair got top 20.
5. What is your favorite armor/shield/spell(you're a warrior, but Ulthair is a Hybrid)/Pet/misc? I didn't ask weapon because someone already did.
Armor: King's Reign. MOAR DAKKA indeed. Shield: CIT because who doesn't love more power, even if it is suicidal? Spell: the BBQ series. They're gorgeous. Pet: Either Akriloth Plushie because d'awwww so cute or FGM because so useful. Misc: Powershard: Hogg. Bonus damage, bonus accuracy, bonus health. Murder stuff good.
6. What are some of your hobbies?
I game a lot, both computer and Xbox, I read a lot - both books and manga/manhwa (Korean)/manhua (Chinese), I write a fair bit, and I sleep a lot.
7. How many days or weeks do you think it would taken you to get to level 150 from level 140?
During a war? Probably 11-12 days, depending on caps. Otherwise? However long until war comes about. Wars are really the only time I grind.
9. When did you first hear about AQ, and then start playing it?
A couple days before my AQ character was created. My friend showed it to me and we created an account. I played for awhile, took me a couple months to get L70 (and I never figured how to train stats until later), and then I stopped for awhile.
10. nearing 15, but I'll stop soon. I wonder when you'll discover my new trick
That you skipped #8? Because I noticed that already.
11. What is your absolute favorite food?(I'm a food maniac, don't ask)
My dad's steak. He makes the most mouthwateringly delicious steak I've ever had the pleasure of eating.
12. Do I look like my character has potential in warmongering?
Everyone has potential. The question is whether or not you decide to maximize yours.
13. If you had a whole set that was implemented in-game, what would it be, and why?
Oh jeeze. I'd like a mid offensive Wind set or something because I like mid offensive armors and I don't like Cyclone Wyvern Rider. Armor is arted very well, but it's not my style.
14. Meh. 14 already? Nooooooo... anyway, What's 1++1+1+1+1+1+1+5-67? :p
SYNTAX ERROR.
15. The last question. Di you see my trick yet? How many months do you think it would take for me to get a secondary( also a hybrid) into level 135? 2-3 months?
Sounds about right if you were grinding hard.
all from me now, Enjoy your new prison Home of the AK world! Sayonara...for now.
Pardon the formality of the following statement (and the lack of characters, my browser doesn't like to post them), but... Heeee? Nihongo ga hanasemasuka?! Boku mo! Demo, nihongo ga sukoshi hanasemasu...
Translation: What? You speak Japanese?! So do I. But, just a little Japanese.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/30/2012 23:40:58 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
7/31/2012 2:29:26   
CH4OT1C!

Hi teh cataclysmic one
Hello, CH4OTIC!

1.How do you become an archknight?-I'm curious
Well, I always thought you had to be a good, constructive, admirable member of the forums, knoweldgable of the rules, respectful of the members, and show yourself to be responsible. Then they chose me. So, I dunno, I guess they pull names out of a hat?

2.what is your favourite weapon at the moment?
Rx for Destruction. That paralysis is just too nice to pass up, really.

3.Do you like warm chocolate fudge cake?
Let me put it to you this way: A place in a nearby city has a chocolate cake, 22 ounces, with chocolate sauce drizzled on top. I ate a whole one by myself for a snack. That's an affirmative.

4.Are you enjoying the olympics?
I don't actually watch the Olympics much. I hear about it here and there, but I don't watch too much.

5.Finally, what is my real name........ can you guess it?
Hmm. I christen thee... Paul.

6.You guessed wrong- guess again for the chance to win a cookie!!!! (this is not a real prize, all rights reserved, terms and conditions apply)
I see you, ninjaing in an edit after I'd already edited your post. Sneaky, sneaky. Also, your name is still Paul.

7.How many wars have you taken part in?
Many... More than I care to remember... Yet none that I can ever forget. War... is a horrible thing. And yet still I seek it, for the briefest respite from the ghosts that ever haunt my past. And yet each time, I only add to my ghosts. It's a vicious cycle. Yes, I've taken part in many a war. And I will take part in more to come.

8.I am British, why do you think speaking British is hard- You said in another question post!
It's insane. Everything is weird. Torch is a flashlight - no, no! A torch is a stick on fire or something similar, not a battery powered light producing bludgeon. Completely different. And yet British is full of those kinds of things. That's why speaking British is hard.

9.Guess what, I did it again! Have you been on this earth for 897,734,121 years like me?
Thrice? Sheesh. Repeat offender.
As for how long I've been around... More than half a century on Lore. Best estimations place my age at around 569 years. Though, my physical form is closer to 22.

10.What do you prefer, pavement or sidewalk?
Is there a difference between the two? Is this a British thing? It's a British thing isn't it?

11.Do you like Gweens?
I'm rather indifferent. They haven't tried to attack anyone who's hired me thus far, so I don't hate them. At the same time, I don't have a positive opinion of them.

12.Are you enjoying my random questions?
I've done/seen/answered just as bad, if not worse.

13.Now for a question to suit the number- are you lucky or unlucky regularly?
Unlucky. The cruel RNG (Random Number God) oftentimes scorns me so badly, I question how many mirrors I shattered in a past life (it's many. I must have shattered many.)

14.Time for a serious question- Why did you choose that specific profile picture?
It's Rak Wraithraiser. Why do I need any other reason? All will submit ot Raleader.

15.My last question-I need to make one to top all of the others- Have you met aliens and if you have, what was it like?
Never met them, doubtful that I ever will. Given the billions of years the universe has existed - and indeed, will continue to exist - the likelihood of such a monumental event occuring during my lifespan, let alone to me personally, is infinitesimally miniscule. I wholly believe there is alien life out there, mayhap even intelligent life, given the vast multitudes of planets and variations plausible for life forms, but I find it highly unlikely that aliens will make any sort of contact with Earth during my lifetime, sadly.

Thanks for answering my random and to be frank disturbing questions. You win an imaginary cookie (this does not exist)
Awww. *sadface* I like cookies.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/6/2012 23:26:21 >
AQ  Post #: 9
7/31/2012 2:33:05   
Orian

Well finally I must say >.>Gratz on your AKnigting
Do you like cookies???*leave sack full by Darkness essense dragon*
*stabifies Essence, takes cookies*
Ok 3 questions from me and there the typical ones
Hmm. Very well then.
1.Dem shackles how are they torture?comfy?
Acceptable. They don't restrict blood flow, but they're tight enough. Adequate for training.
2.Pi?
3.1415928535... and that's all I remember off the top of my head.
3.If you could change something in the world what would it be?
I would make me supreme dictator of the world. And Emma Watson would be my dictatress. Also, more Rak Wraithraiser. He's pretty awesome.
That's all, and gratz again

Thanks.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/31/2012 3:08:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/31/2012 3:01:18   
1stClassGenesis

O hai Dude Who Goes All Murderface In Wars.
ohaidere
Du u sphik The Old Onish?
i tink i du
Favourite character?
Mine, of course. OH! You mean NPC? In that case, ElBhe. He's a riot. I would've gone with Fal because he's a snazzy dresser, but we can get his armor now, so...
Favourite monster?
Any glass cannon in a war. As Pokemon says, "IT'S A ONE HIT KO!"
Toughest monster?
Toughest? Probably buggy Dhows. Man, I couldn't beat him with my gear and I refused to get Shadow gear for just one mob. I was sad I no could kill him. Then they fixed him and he was still tough, but nowhere near as bad.
Opinion of me?
I haven't seen you around much, so I haven't formulated much of an opinion on you. I'd have to say you seem like a right swell chap. Blimey, I'm British again!
Opinion of my character?
Looks pretty good, but I don't know much about high level Mages, let alone high level Adventurer Mages.
Have you seen me around?
Here and there, usually in Q&A and EC subforums.
Why 15 questions? (not that it's too much or too little, but I'm just very curious.)
I ripped up a bunch of papers, threw them in a hat, then dropped them down stairs while doing a waltz with a broom. The broom swept the paper into a pile, and the pile was on the 15th tile of the 15th row of the 15th column. Seemed ominous, so I rolled with it.
What genre of music do you listen to? Examples?
All kinds, really. Classic rock, with the big ones like the Beatles, the Who, etc., punk (big into the '80s punk, some of the genre-defining bands), such as Bad Religion and NOFX, rock in general and its subgenres (if I listed the specific subgenres, way too many), two of the unique-sounding bands I love include Lionize and I Fight Dragons, and ska/punk, my favorite of which is Streetlight Manifesto. They're also my favorite band overall.
Favourite part about AQ?
Wars, of course.
Languages you speak?
English (unless I'm using a really good online translator!), a bit of Japanese, a bit of Spanish, Canadian, British, a smidgen of French, and the slightest bits of Arabic and German. The only ones I know more than a few set phrases of, though, are English and Japanese, Spanish to a lesser extent. Canadian and British are tough!
Musical instruments you play?
None, tragically. But the glory of ska/punk means I really, really want to learn how to play the sax.
Sports you play?
Used to play baseball, quit it because my friends and I would've had to go on different teams. Used to play soccer, quit it because we got a new coach who was a jerk. Used to do track, quit it because they shoved me on distance (I'm a sprinter, SPRINTERRRR!). I don't play sports now, except the occasional casual game of soccer or football or baseketball or appleball (whee for customized games).
If you could bring back a Rare, what would it be and why?
Either Mindlock Orb because of the immense tactical use of the item or Bar of Soap because... of the immense tactical use of the item. I only really like rares if they're useful. Too practical to keep most things because they're rare. Exception is Bunny Jammies because, seriously, they're bunny jammies dangit. Who WOULDN'T want to keep them?

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/31/2012 3:26:32 >
Post #: 11
7/31/2012 3:16:07   
Starflare

Congratulations!
Thank you kindly
Few questions, if you don't mind. Just a few. ;)
No worries. Though I literally just finished editing the other two posts when Genesis posted, and then before I finished his post, you posted D=
  • Why do you think there is such a large recruitment drive currently going on?
    Recruitment drive? For AKs? Well, the Suggestion Forum here desperately needed it. There were a whole 2 AKs here. CH&G needed it too, and it looked like the RP boards needed it. I think it has to deal with the forums getting bigger and AKs retiring, meaning they need to pull in more AKs to replace them and deal with the higher population.
  • What sets you apart from the rest of the community/What'll you bring to the AK position that no other has before?.
    Nothing really sets me apart from the community. I'm still a member of the forums, just like you or anyone else. I just have more buttons to click. As for what I'll bring... MARTIAL LAW. ALL FORMITES ARE BANNED AND MUST PASS STRICT APPROVAL PROCESS! BWAHAHAHAHA I mean nothing at all. I've only got the same powers as the other AKs. I don't think there's much I can do that someone else hasn't beaten me to it.
  • What sort(s) of education have you completed?
    I'm going to be a senior in high school next year.
  • What are your views on the Olympics, do you actively anticipate it?
    Olympics don't really interest me as I don't watch sports much. I'll watch if nothing else is on, but don't expect me to know how great the Brazilians were at Olympic Arm Wrestling.
    Um, I think the well's run dry... I might be back. 'Cause, you know...
    Stars never just flare once?
    /Starflare plays hard to get
    /me gets big net to catch people who are hard to get

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/31/2012 3:35:33 >
  • Post #: 12
    7/31/2012 5:08:15   
    zippy2010

Congrats man.
    Thanks.
    Do you think there are way too many AKs now?
    Not particularly. AKs are placed in various locations based how badly they're needed. AQSuggestions now has 3 AKs, up from 2 (I'm the 3rd!). CH&G has 3, too, I think. The mods decide on when and where an AK is needed, and they've probably got a better handle on what's needed where than I do, so I trust their assessments.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/31/2012 5:21:53 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
    7/31/2012 7:07:07   
    Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

*A cloaked figure rises from the shadows.*
    Flashy entrance as always, I see.
    Greetings, Cataclysm and welcome to the cells halls of the ArchKnights.
    Aye, it's damp and cozy in here. Hope I won't get TB.
    If we were to spar, what do thou think I'd use for a strategy?
    I'm not sure what you're capable of, combat-wise, so I can't say. I'm sure it would be a good strategy, though.
    Who were to win in a fight between thou and Dalarai?
    Once more I'm sad to say I'm not overly familiar with Daralai's combat prowess, so I can't exactly say there. From what I've seen of his abilities, it seems like it would be quite the enjoyable fight, though.
    Who were to win in a fight between thou and Elryn?
    Ah... Now that's an interesting question. I'd say we'll have to see, but I'm inclined to give myself the edge here. We've discussed our various battle strategies recently, and while his is "kill 'em quick," mine is more lasting. Provided I can outlast his main offensive, which would be a tall task indeed, I would very likely end the victor. However, should he catch me off guard somehow, the tides could possibly turn.
    May thy ArchKnighthood last long and prosper.
    Live long and prosper.
    *Bows while succumbing into the shadows.*
    Watch out for Dhows in those shadows, y'hear? I'd hate to have to go into the shadow realm and fight him again, but on home turf.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/31/2012 17:39:43 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
    7/31/2012 7:21:26   
    TankMage

Heya TCO, congratulations on the promotion!
    Hey! Thanks.
    I'm not much of an interrogator questioner, so I'll just leave you with this simple one; If you could have any suggestion implemented into AQ, what would it be and why?
    Hmm. This one's tough. There's a lot of really solid suggestions out there, so it's hard for me to pick just one. It doesn't help that I'm still playing catch up with all the ideas.
    Mainly just stopped by to give congratz and goodluck so... Congratz and Good luck!
    Thanks again. I'll probably need all the luck I can get with Euky as my head mod

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/31/2012 17:43:15 >
    AQ Epic  Post #: 15
    7/31/2012 23:14:37   
    Lord of Nightmares
    Some Dreams

Ah, fresh meat. Mwahahaha!
    Hardly fresh. I'm over 500 years old, after all, though my aging process was slowed significantly for a large part of those 500 years...
    But anyways, gratz on your promotion, you're one of the regulars on this board that my horrible memory can recall due to your Braken avatar. In any case, have fun patrolling this board, we've been getting a bit more traffic than usual as of late.
    Thanks. I'm a bit more commonly seen in the GDs of AQ, DF, and MQ, as well as the OOC, more the Entertainment subforum than the OOC. I'll do my best here though! I've noticed the step up in traffic from what I recall - it used to be that I'd get on in the morning and see only a couple new posts. Now, there's a couple dozen. We needed a new AK in Suggestions here... Though I never thought they'd pick me!

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/1/2012 4:08:25 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
    8/1/2012 19:40:17   
    Zeuster

*a figure arrives riding a chickencow*
    A curious choice for a mount...
    Congratz on archknight!
    Thank you.
    Have you seen a chickencow before?
    Of course. They're all over in DF, and I play DF quite frequently.
    Is there anything in aq you would change?
    Nothing that isn't already in the plans.
    Have you seen me?
    Here and there.
    Thats all for now bye and congratz
    Farewell.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/1/2012 20:04:12 >
    DF  Post #: 17
    8/1/2012 21:14:03   
    Immortal God

If you hadnt posted in General Discussions I would never have known. I feel so slow.
    No worries. I'm not the most noticable of newly AK'd people. I was already titled so I already had avatar privileges. Not to mention not a lot of people come visit AQ Suggestions.
    Anyways Congrats!!!
    Thanks ^^
    I have only one question. What's your favorite AE game and why?
    It's difficult, but I'll say AQ. DF is a very close second and MQ is solidly third.
    Thats all once again congrats!
    Thanks again!
    P.S. : Thanks for your help seeing what Doom Knight can really do against Akriloth in DF.
    Um... You're welcome? I don't recall anything of the sort, so I'm not sure what you're thinking of.
    Now to go post some bad suggestions just to make you work. (Just kidding, or am I?) :)
    As long as you're actually intending to make suggestions it's fine. I and the other AKs are willing to help you improve them. If you're just posting for the sake of posting, though, I'm liable to nom your thread.

EDIT: I used your ID for the battle just to test it out.

< Message edited by Immortal God -- 8/1/2012 21:29:04 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
    8/2/2012 11:34:33   
    Rafiq von den Vielen

Well, well... Another one newly arisen among the ranks of the Arched.
    Yep. We've got a fair few in our ranks now. Dungeon's getting a bit crowded. I hope they expand it soon.

No questions from me (since I'm an lazy ass and can't be bothered about thinking of any >.>), just a nice, warm Congratulations. :D
    Thanks!

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/2/2012 19:46:12 >
    Post #: 19
    8/2/2012 11:43:28   
    wiseman111

Yo hows it going
    Alright. Doing the AK stuff.
    your name why did you pick it
    Didn't I already answer this? I'm pretty sure I did. Tha Killa asked it. Its a long story so I'll just point you there.
    whats your favorite anime
    Hmm. That's tough. Mirai Nikki is awesome and definitely up there, though I'm a Mirai Nikki fangirl. Toradora is good too (DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT). Hajime no Ippo has THE BEST fight scenes. I don't watch as much anime as I read manga... but if you asked about manga, I'd probably rant for a page.
    whats your favorite odd topping on a cake (shrimp,mangos) i perfer a chocalate pie made complety out of candy as a topping on candy cake
    Chocolate. I like chocolate with my chocolate. My favorite cake is this local place in a nearby city, they have a 22 ounce chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate sauce not drizzled, POURED on top, perfectly hot, with two scoops of vanilla ice cream. And it's only $10. Fantastic.
    your smart do you understand eveything the loremaster says
    I understand the majority of it. Very rarely do I need to google the definitions of some of the words. As for comprehending it, I get the gist of it all, but some of it takes me a few read throughs to fully comprehend.
    thanks for all your help in the forums
    No problem. I'm glad to help.
    typos..... any opinion?
    Typos are evil and must be burned in fire and brimstone. Making them is acceptable (even I do), but the typos themselves must be eradicated. EXTERMINATE!
    what is the meaning of life
    *vacant look into the distance, attempting to look philosophical* Maaaan... What if life, like, has no meaning? What if we're all just put on this screwed up earth to eat, breathe, sleep, breed, then die? What if there's no purpose, to anything? Maaan... That's deep. Like Confucius. Write this down man, write it down.
    if somebodys apple tree fall in a forest and nobody hear is and i steal and apple is it stolen
    Choice of the verb steal indicates that yes, said apple is stolen.
    thanks and goodbye.... until we meet again
    Farewell.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/2/2012 19:57:45 >
    AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    8/2/2012 18:47:18   
    Duskstar

Hi TCO and congrats :)
    Thanks a ton.

Like with afterlifex, I'm wondering why you didn't keep your title in you new title?
    There's a character limit for titles. And Constructive! Creative! takes up a very large part of that character allocation.

What do you think of my warring efforts? I can't remember if I beat you against Erebus or not, but you did miss some days :/
    You war quite well. Memory serves, I edged out victory. Trying to pass you set the bar quite high for me and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Hmm, I'm not that good with questions... why the Reolute Titan?
    Cataclysm stands about two meters tall, or around 6'6" for all you non-metric folk (I'm American but the metric system is so much nicer). As for resolute, I feel it a good descriptor of Cataclysm. To get a better idea of the character, you may want to read Cataclysm's origin story in my L&L thread (that's totally shameless plugging, by the way).

What things do you enjoy writing about?
    All kinds, really. I've currently got a rather dark story, filled with a lot of humor as well. It's not exactly fit for the forums, though. I've also dipped a bit into scifi, modern fantasy, and of course, my fanfics here on the forums. If it's writing, I'm alright with almost everything.

Well, I've run dry - congrats once again :)
    Thanks again.
    - Duskstar
    ~TCO

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/2/2012 20:09:09 >
    AQW  Post #: 21
    8/5/2012 23:19:57   
    Elryn

Custodian (DF)

*Elryn grins*
    *Cataclysm grins in kind*
    *Elryn grabs*
    *Cataclysm braces himself for the inevitable*
    *Elryn crushes and flails Cataclysm around like a ragdoll in a bearhug*
    *Cataclysm bearhugs back*
    *grins* Congratulation on your promotion, Cataclysm. It is good to have you here.
    Thank you. It is good to be here.
    *chuckles* I presume there shall be no need to worry about monsters attacking the Suggestion forum now, will there?
    Between the two of us, I think there's not much a chance. They'd have to be either very, very brave or very, very foolish.
    Question time.
    I'm ready for it.
    1.Are you a warmonger?
    Of course.
    2.Am I a warmonger?
    Most certainly.
    3.What is Prosperine's weapon of choice?
    Something pointy, I presume? I haven't an idea, to be quite honest. If they have not shared their backstories with us, I am not aware of their actions or tendancies, usually.
    4.Why is Liuba called ''Viking'' Liuba?
    Very fond of axes and has a PhD in Pillagology, I'd presume?
    5.Cheese statue of Artix?
    Sounds like a good post-undead war snack.
    6.Would you look forward to a spar with Mystical Warrior?
    Of course. As I would to one with you, or BlackAces, or any of our fellows. A sure way to improve one's skills is through sparring.
    7.I am curious. Do you have any idea at all where your father's special ability comes from?
    I regret to say I have nothing concrete. My initial speculation was that my father received his gift in the same way I received my memory, but later research revealed he was not originally of the village. It is a topic that has interested me, as well, yet it remains a mystery that eludes not only me, but every other researcher of the past I have found. Even Warlic does not know for certain.
    8.Your greatest fear (other perhaps than reliving all those atrocities due to your memory)?
    That is not so much a fear as a reality. I relive them every bit as if I were there again. I don't fear much. Not to be so bold as to say I am fearless, though - all men have their fears, acknowledged or not. My greatest fear is, perhaps, the fear of growing too close to people. Our profession is frought with danger, and death is often a false step away for all. Death isn't a chance - over the course of war, it's a certainty. There will be deaths. To have to see those I care about getting cut down by an enemy's blade... And then to have that memory stored for all eternity, replaying perfectly, vividly, seeing everything unfold exactly as it did... Such a fate is too cruel.
    9.Favourite war and why?
    Hmm. Probably our war against Erebus, while he was still known to us as Dhows. The war now known as Mostly Harmful. Though we may have lost, it served as a stark reminder to the realities of war. It also served as a rally point for all of us, and from then on, we fought hard. The best part of it, to me, was even when we knew we could not win, we all still stood strong and continued fighting, right down to the bitter end. It was truly one of the moments that made me proudest to call myself a warmonger.
    10.Proudest/most epic moment in war?
    This is difficult. As I said just before, the conclusion and our loss of Mostly Harmful is surprisingly high. I would say finally sending Erebus away, after all that he has caused, certainly is a high-ranking event. The Terrible Twelve may have to take the cake, though. We stopped twelve of our past foes a very short time. It was truly a grand point for us all.
    11.If you met Cataclysm yourself on the battlefield on the opposing side, what would you do?
    I would have to proceed cautiously, as he would have all of the same abilities as myself. Presumably, he'd know all of my attacks as well. I would have to think on my feet as any of my techniques would be rendered useless. Variations to the already existant and completely new tactics would be required.
    12.AQ wars record?
    Currently, Mostly Harmful, with 3260. Had I been present for the entirety of the war against Erebus, that would've taken the lead with around 4000 kills.
    13.DF war record?
    The Final 13th. I lost the exact number, but it was around 7250 waves in total slain by the end.
    14.So it seems the Truphma will be our next foes to war against. What do you plan on doing to prepare? Have you decided on any course of action?
    Preperation... I plan to train Ulthair some more. All the training I can cram in, I will. It took me almost a year under Blackhawke's tutelage to master everything I needed - my weapon skills, my power shifts, sighting through my foes and analzying all their weak points, not to mention just building up my strength.
    15.Favourite warring music(s)?
    Anything with a fast paced beat and loud. Usually punk, or some variant thereof. Streetlight Manifesto is my go-to. I also have a few Bad Religion albums. On occasion, depending on how my mood is, I'll throw out some Lionize or I Fight Dragons too, but it's almost always punk.
    Run out of space. I look forward to the answers. War well, Cataclysm.
    Well, there are your answers. Should we get to another page, you'll have more space then. May the winds of fate blow ever in your favor, Elryn.
    *grins* And your blade never dull, Cataclysm.

< Message edited by Elryn -- 8/7/2012 8:39:50 >
    AQ  Post #: 22
    8/8/2012 9:11:13   
    LL

'Ello TCO, gratz with teh great title. ;)
    Thanks.
    Do you know me?
    Hmm. I've seen you around. You're in AQW mostly (dabbling a tad in Forum Resources), and I don't really play AQW much. Can't say I know you.
    -LL

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/8/2012 17:48:13 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    8/9/2012 20:02:52   
    Soulweaver Zard
    Banned

* A dark mist enters the room, and with a terrifying shriek of rising undead, the lights shatter*
    Cataclysm unsheathes his blade, preparing to attack the intruder, the claymore blending in with the sudden darkness, blade seemingly etheral. Oh, wait, another person come to ask questions. Mayhap tone down your entry, lest I mistake you for a foe.
    Hello!
    Hello.
    Zards or Sneevils?
    Whichever one comes up in a war, of course.
    You polish your flashy wrist bands?
    I see no reason to. I'm a man of war - shiny things are a frivolity.
    I see you like war, hm?
    Like isn't perhaps the best word. More as if I am compelled for the brief respite war brings my troubled thoughts and memories.
    If yes, then favorite war?
    Mostly Harmful, perhaps, or Terrible Twelve, for reasons stated in other posts.
    Zard VS. Sneak War, who wins?
    Sneaks. Those guys are way too dodgy.
    Here's a present! *adds more chains flashy wrist bands*
    Only my head mod and LANDIS can add more chains. Other chains aren't nearly strong enough to hold me. Truthfully, the wall wouldn't be either, but one of my cohorts *eyes Elryn* already pulled down the wall on several occassions, so they've got better stonemasons to build the walls since.
    You like em?
    My original shackles are quite nice. A bit too tight, but such is the case with shackles.
    That's all for now.
    Farewell.
    Heres an invisble button that doubles your war wins! *Places it just out of arm reach*
    Cataclysm does a full power shift and rips a large section of wall out to hit the button. Hmm. I suppose better stone masons are still needed. Also, your button. It is broken.
    Bye for now! * fades into the dark mist, leaving you at the rising undeads mercy*
    So you were a villain? I should've known. Ah well, a bit of excercise so I won't get rusty...

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/10/2012 16:59:42 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 24
    8/11/2012 6:07:57   
    Phlox Lover

I love your name!
    Thanks. I think you also love Phlox. Call it a hunch.
    Favourite Class?
    Nighthunter. Most classes I can't/don't use because they're too low level for me, but I like Nighthunter because it looks so cool.

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 8/11/2012 14:24:47 >
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> =MtAK= The Scourge of the Battlefield
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition