Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= Design Notes August 3rd: Blockbuster Feast!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Design Notes August 3rd: Blockbuster Feast!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2012 20:51:43   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

quote:

July 27, 2012

Blockbuster Feast!
Wow what a crazy week! Head over the /Marketstreet and see the latest update. Summer Shop is gone for another year. Movie Mega Plex has a facelift and new perm Popcorn shop where one can buy popcorn theme items. This week we open the "Blockbuster Fest" this is an "Ultra Rare" shop event as unlike seasonal events the theme of the shop items is based on some of popular hit movies of the year. Also note more items coming to the Blockbuster shop next week! Blockbuster will last until end of August then items are gone forever to be replaced next year with items of the newest hit movies.

< Message edited by Leon ShadowHart -- 8/6/2012 3:21:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
8/3/2012 21:46:46   
Red Komet

Wonder what next weeks movie stuff is going to be
Post #: 2
8/4/2012 12:20:00   
Lord Lee

I would like to personally thank the staff for all their efforts in releasing such wonderful Ultra Rare items in the Blockbuster Fest.

I ended up picking up all the Ultra Rare movie plex items for Astroman except for the Angry Mosquito as I prefer the Nuclear Deatomizer & the female items Long Hair with GIS Shades & Bad Hair Day Curly Hair.

I really appreciate the effort Randor and the rest of the Team have gone to delivering such wonderful items. I've already come up with at least 4 different looks from the combination of items.

The only qualm I have is that Puffy Curly Hair is a little too juvenile for the barbarian armors. It would have been nice to have a more mature, barbarianesque hair style on offer too.

These are the looks I've found go well together:

1) Original Ghostrider - Flaming Spectral Biker Head, Dark Vengeance or Villain Fantastic Armor if unable to purchase Spectral Biker Outfit, Mantle of Heroes (customized to orange), Flaming Spectral Biker Gloves, Burning Chain Whip.

2) Blue Flamed Ghostrider - Flaming Blue Spectral Biker Head, Dark Vengeance if unable to purchase Spectral Biker Outfit, Mantle of Heroes (customized to blue), Flaming Blue Spectral Biker Gloves, Burning Blue Flame Chain Whip.

3) MIB - Spike Hair with GIS Shades, Midnight Suit, Nuclear Deatomizer - optional cape and facepaint

4) Brave Barbarian - Flame Hair, optional facepaint & facial accessories, Spirit of Bravery, optional cape (Monkeyback), Wooden Shield, Blade of Bravery

Happy character customizing everyone. I'm just so glad for the return of perma rares and the Movie Plex. Its revival has been long overdue. I look forward to seeing the releases next week. My only dilemma will be deciding which items will need to be stored in the Bank to make room for the next batch of purchases & how many SCs to conserve for the wonderful perma rares still to come.

HS NPC Astroman
Evil Entity
Dark Saviour
AQ  Post #: 3
8/6/2012 9:26:51   
Red Komet

I notice that the MoviePlex lacks back items last Friday wonder if there is going to be back items this week on the MoviePlex

August 10 Edit: Looks like we will be having the New Items Today

< Message edited by Red Komet -- 8/10/2012 8:56:14 >
Post #: 4
8/10/2012 17:41:39   
vulkan

:O that Anamthesis armour is perfect for the red legion uniform :)

no firearms though, but i suppose one perfect item at a time is enough.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/10/2012 18:17:23   
Red Komet

Wow another Batman based costume and you know Rat Dude sounds similar to Rat Man from Justice Friends who is also based on Batman and there is the KnightnGale costume which is based on NightWing and strangely the mask looks more like Batman than NightWing and there is no Rat Dude Mask also I wonder what the alien stuff is based on

< Message edited by Red Komet -- 8/10/2012 18:20:52 >
Post #: 6
8/10/2012 18:22:56   
vulkan

^

i thought the knightingale was a cross between DKR and hunger games.

and what film is the Anamthesis armour based on?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/10/2012 18:51:02   
Red Komet

Anamthesis is based on Total Recall
Post #: 8
8/11/2012 9:25:13   
KillCerberus

Will there be a HULK armor?(avenger movie)
Post #: 9
8/11/2012 23:07:22   
Red Komet

You know Hulk has just short pants so its easy to copy that guy by having swim trunks and green skin as well as dark green hair

OnTopic: anyway if there are going to be more movie stuff it would be nice if there are some back items
Post #: 10
8/13/2012 4:00:54   
plebster

Herosmash gd is dying
AQW  Post #: 11
8/13/2012 5:37:08   
Blackshock

almost all the action's relocated to the RP thread.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
8/13/2012 6:26:24   
Kinzdor

and Legends and Lore.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/13/2012 6:40:16   
Blackshock

I wonder when they're gonna start doing avengers? (revengers, hahaha) I seriously can't wait to go all ironman XD

Quick question, whucha guys think of this set of elemental themed armors I designed?

Storm Guardian of the Sky Dragon

Deep Knight o the Mer Dragon

Valiant Champion of the terradragon

Ancient Warrior of the Fire Dragon
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
8/13/2012 6:43:16   
vulkan

^

very nice. Certainly better than some stuff ive seen on this game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/13/2012 6:47:12   
Blackshock

Thanks, got clyde and wonderp bread to take a look at it. Should have used .1 instead of 1 thick lines, still, they said it was nice.

@On Topic: What do ya guys think we can do to make the game more active? I rarely see three digits in server population ingame nowadays.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
8/13/2012 6:59:00   
vulkan

well...

some storyline.
more pvp modes.
more powers.
more areas (personally hoping for a member only training area like dinocaves in aqw)

especially the first one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
8/13/2012 7:10:22   
Blackshock

Agreed, lately all we've been getting are filler shops. Is HS really that understaffed or do they just need a storyline writer and someone to code the cutscenes (They don't seem understaffed in the art department in my opinion). Idk, a nice saga which unlocks shops at certain points in between and at the end would be nice.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
8/13/2012 7:17:19   
vulkan

^

lol. all they need to do to find a good storyline is to take a look at the fanfiction.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/13/2012 7:32:21   
Blackshock

Hmm, good point made. I guess the only thing missing is someone to code and animate all of the cutscenes and stuff. Seriously, if the staff puts in fan storylines like C&C ingame, that would be a big step for the community. (btw, meh sig, whucha think of it? XD)

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
8/13/2012 15:47:39   
plebster

the most important thing for a bigger fanbase would be better advertising! If this game was advertised as much as aqw, it would get WAY more players. AQW is advertised by google ads, AE websites, conventions, TV, other random websites, everywhere. HS isn't seen anywhere.
AQW  Post #: 21
8/13/2012 23:54:07   
Kinzdor

@Plebster That is a bigey but not the MOST important. The most important is real content! Bringing in new players, ain`t gonna help anything if there`s not enough content to hold them here.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/14/2012 0:23:48   
Sir Night

I do think that Randor really is trying. The problem is that he was basically left on his own to run the game and build up a new development team from scratch.
Post #: 23
8/14/2012 6:38:43   
plebster

they need: more devs, more storyline, better advertising. this will make HS as big as aqw.
AQW  Post #: 24
8/14/2012 7:24:32   
Blackshock

I know a bunch of guys here more than willing to lend a hand to the staff in some of the departments. HS is in dire need of a revival. Let it not share the same fate as warpforce.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Design Notes August 3rd: Blockbuster Feast!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition