Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Design Notes August 3rd: Blockbuster Feast!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Design Notes August 3rd: Blockbuster Feast!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/14/2012 7:25:46   
Sir Night

quote:

this will make HS as big as aqw.

Not necessarily. I think one thing that has always held HS back is the peg-legged bobble head look of the characters. I think they really need to expand on the art style to include feet, less puny looking bodies, ect... The new eyes were a huge improvement and they need to keep moving in that direction.
Post #: 26
8/14/2012 8:24:40   
drDOT

As far as my animation experience goes, adding a new part to the character base would require a lot of work. Think of all the existent animations that would need to be revised, armors to be completed, cutscenes to be looked over again. In my opinion this would slow down the development even more, don't you think?
AQW  Post #: 27
8/14/2012 8:33:40   
Blackshock

drDOT's got a point, the base is kinda fine as it is. The oversized chibi head and sharp pointy feet have become Herosmash's signature. Some armors would work with bulky calves though, but the art is fine as it is. What this game really needs are more storyline content to keep the game from pivoting completely to PVP (which in my observation is what's currently happening). Idk, I just kinda missed the vibrancy the game had back during the da vinci war, super death, and clock blocker events. Kinda glad the GD's starting to pick up some activity.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
8/14/2012 8:41:01   
vulkan

i think a war that isnt evil v good (maybe a evil v evil or good v good war or something) would get some players back.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
8/14/2012 8:45:35   
Sir Night

quote:

Think of all the existent animations that would need to be revised, armors to be completed, cutscenes to be looked over again. In my opinion this would slow down the development even more, don't you think?

I understand that, but what I had in mind was maybe keeping the existing armors as is, but making the changes to future armors.

I don't think it should be the top priority, but I do think it should at least be something to keep in mind for later on. And while the look might be Herosmash's signature, that doesn't mean that it hasn't turned a lot of players off from playing the game.
Post #: 30
8/14/2012 8:49:30   
Blackshock

Maybe. But if it rewards solely pure evil or pure good rep, it would probably put off players of the opposite alignment. What about a war between two factions of different themes (fantasy vs. technology, Superpowers vs gadgets, corndogs vs tacos, ext) who both offer good and evil rep that open respective evil and good stores for each faction. That way, it should give players something to farm for and artists have a theme around what they should work around for the duration of the war. Maybe even multiple series of wars where the victors of each war face off for more epic gear.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
8/15/2012 0:44:21   
Lord Lee

Again great additions to the Blockbuster Fest.

The Rat Dude Outfit & Rat Dude Mask are a great representation of Batman though I would like a cape and perhaps his power gauntlets to complete the look.

The KnightnGale Armor, Helm & Shield are the most complete look available currently and a great representation of Nightwing. Again to complete the look a cape and a staff would be most welcome.

The Anamnesis Helm & Armor seem to be a representation of the characters in the new Total Recall movie. This set goes well with the Nuclear Deatomizer as do most of the items in the absence of character specific weapons.

The Green Alien & Autopsied Green Alien looks may also be based of the aliens in MIB. I've decided to skip this look though.

There appears to be some bugs that need to be addressed in this release. The Autopsied Little Green Alien Head appears to be in the hands rather than on the head of the wearer. Also the KnightnGale Shield both the non-member and member CC version does not have an Ultra Rare tag like the rest of the items. It appears that Shields tend to miss out on this tag. The Liberty Shield which I still use also has no tag even though it is an Ultra Rare Movie Plex release from the Captain America Movie Plex.

On the subject of bugs I hope the staff can address the Mantle of Heroes animation bug on the character pages. Its been there for a long time now. The Mantle of Heroes looks wonderful in game but on the character page it looks like a child has rendered the wings in paint with the chalk tool.

I hope the staff can fix the abovementioned bugs and hopefully release a cape for the KnightnGale and Rat Dude Outfits. Weapons would also be wonderful but I understand the current staff limits. I look forward to more Blockbuster Fest item releases next week.

I predict Spiderman & Avengers items next week. Well at least I hope that's what the items will be based on.

< Message edited by Lord Lee -- 8/15/2012 0:49:48 >

HS NPC Astroman
Evil Entity
Dark Saviour
AQ  Post #: 32
8/15/2012 16:01:36   
Red Komet

Sure hope we get some back items
Post #: 33
8/15/2012 16:48:31   
DarkLore

I have something to add Lord Lee! Rat Dude also needs a cowl! Yes I know the black one in main street east will work, but it looks more like batman than rat dude. I realize that is what they are spoofing, but a black ratdude cowl would make more sense. They may be spoofing batman, but they should at least not force people to have to buy the batman looking cowls to complete the look in a poor way to where it looks even more obvious that they aren't hiding the real thing good enough.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
8/15/2012 17:08:06   
Red Komet

@Petey Piranha Plant: In super hero settings there are some supers who look like obvious spoofs like the galactus clone from The Tick and so on
Post #: 35
8/16/2012 0:14:33   
Postmaster General

@Petey Piranha Plant: There is a Rat Man mask available in the shop as well. Very similar to the cowl you speak of.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/16/2012 16:13:31   
zanathos

I hope this wasn't the last update to the shop, because its kind of disappointing there was no Avengers/Spiderman armors. They could even maybe use the names from the MQ Soluna heroes, like Amazing Arachnid, or Incredible Bulk.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
8/17/2012 16:30:13   
vulkan

are there more items this week too?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/18/2012 11:49:56   
Red Komet

New back items are added now that is a balanced shop

Edite: Wow there is The Flying Squirrel Set

< Message edited by Red Komet -- 8/18/2012 20:34:47 >
Post #: 39
8/21/2012 18:47:56   
Phoenix Myth

We need CC Alien Tenacles.
AQW  Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Design Notes August 3rd: Blockbuster Feast!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition