Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes - 1.4.9a August 16, 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.4.9a August 16, 2012
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/16/2012 17:10:59   
Mother1

NDMalletguy while this is true, as I stated before they didn't take into account the people who would still get them anyways from fighting the NPC war characters when the war was active. Especially those who were doing it for war influence to rank up in war rank, and/or those going for war hero. Bombs still continued to drop, and since the vault was destroyed they had no choice but to hold onto the bombs until they could sell them.
Epic  Post #: 26
8/16/2012 17:19:32   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mother Either way, you would have to end up rewarding the hoarders if you wanted to reward the players who still fought war battles. They couldn't have coded it to replace bomb drops when the vault went down because they would have to roll an update just for that. And then people would've complained that Exile was getting an unfair perk of extra gems and that they wouldn't get any because they would have the war removed when they got done with their side. You should be happy they sell for anything at all and that you ARE able to remove them from your inventory. They could've just easily made the sellback 0. Beggars can't be choosers, we obviously would want some sort of sellback to them in case we didn't get use them all so we should be happy we got it rather than whine that we're not rich enough from it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/16/2012 17:32:02   
Mother1

Remember there was an update last friday when the vault was close to being destroyed they could have put it in there then if anything. But I still get where you are coming from because some people at first had over 300 bombs in their inventory in the hopes of varium sell back which bombed out big time. (I was laughing when they said sellback would be credits unlike that last war)

As for the unfair perk how so? They would be still fighting the vault which meant if anything they would still be getting gem drops just like the exiles if they actually did this. THen when their side was done they would continue to get gems instead of the bombs when the vault was done.

But still you have a point with beggars can't be choosers because if that was the case we would have gotten varium sell back of 100% and any non varium who horded bombs would be able to power up massively for free as well as varium players.

The only reason I said anything at all was because note everyone was stockpiling them in the hopes of becoming rich. (I myself had no bombs when the vault was first destroyed, but got some when I did some war fights.)
Epic  Post #: 28
8/16/2012 17:38:18   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mother The unfair perk would be Exile getting gems even after the Vault(the only thing dropping them in the first place) was down for them. Also, I doubt all the people would enjoy getting gems from the PvP battles since some would want to get grenades for things like the Daily Board instead. Yes, people would complain about not getting enough grenade drops or that the staff are punishing the Legion by giving them lower chances for grenades and thus causing them to have to fight longer before they got their war rewards.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
8/16/2012 17:38:25   
King Helios

Wasn't the (Legion/Exile) Locker Key going to be made into an achievement?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
8/16/2012 17:53:32   
Mother1

ND Mallet guy Ok my mistake I didn't make it too clear. I should have said that the side that drops the vault first would get the change while the other side would get bombs until their side drop in which the other side would get the change as well. That one is on me. but that was how I originally meant it when one side was done that side would get the gem drops while the others who was still fighting the vault would get the bomb drops. plus exile wouldn't have been getting any extra perks since legion would still be fighting the vault where the gems were dropping in the first place.

After they finished their side there bomb drops would change to gem drops as well, and it would remain this way until the update. is it more clear now?
Epic  Post #: 31
8/16/2012 17:56:56   
l Chop Suey l

quote:

Wasn't the (Legion/Exile) Locker Key going to be made into an achievement?

The war ended alright but I think people still want the weapons from the shop or devs forgot about it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/16/2012 17:58:44   
One Winged Angel1357

@Chop suey the weapon shops will stay for about a week or so thats what NW said in a tweet. So my best guess is once the shops are gone the keys will be turned into cheevos.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
8/16/2012 18:01:25   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mother Once again, the bombs for Legion switching to gems after the vault going down would require an update. And people would complain that the war wasn't removed with that update because the next release after the losing side beat their door was going to be the removal of the war. Trust me when I say people would complain about Exile getting gem drops from PvP, there were people complaining about Exile getting more influence than Legion because their door was down in the first round before Exile's was, thus giving them a chance to get influence from the vault as well as the battles. If people were complaining about Exile still having a vault to go through, even though that meant they were losing still, then they would complain that Exiles were getting gem drops even though their vault was down.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
8/16/2012 18:14:18   
Mother1

Remember when they added the robots in the last update? That is when they could have put the switch in which is what I have been saying from the start ND Mallet guy.

Also for the legion to complain exile was getting more influence then them because their vault was up nothing could be done about that since the war required both sides to be done before going. That was no fault of anyone since they didn't have a vault at the time since they finished theirs first while we were still going on ours.

Plus the war fights lasted almost a whole extra weak before they removed it. any complaints would have easily disappeared when they would have seen that they would have the same chance for gems as well, and if the war did close up as soon as the legion finished their vault they would have been still getting gem drops from the vault anyways. Plus the Admins kept tell people not to stockpile their bombs anyways so with that update if you didn't have anymore bombs after the vault was done you wouldn't have gotten any, and people who are complaining about low sellback wouldn't have anything to complain about. It would be the people who stockpiled their bombs who are complaining and that would be their own fault since they didn't listen to the admins when they said to throw their bombs.
Epic  Post #: 35
8/16/2012 18:20:34   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mother Code can't do everything. I doubt it's possible to make the drops change after a vault goes down without rolling an update out to make that change in it. And then you have Legion's side needing that same update for when they finish but that would also be the release where they remove the war and thus the war battles too. There would be complaints that Exile were getting gem drops even though there was no vault to fight for them and that they wouldn't get the same opportunity because the war would be removed when their vault was done or that they would be stuck with grenade drops until the next release came.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/16/2012 18:41:03   
classifiedname

ALRIGHT time to take my gamma bot out of storage.. i didnt really understand how a nuclear assault was blockable anyways xD
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/16/2012 18:42:04   
One Winged Angel1357

@Classifiedname the tech was there to support the full stop of a nuclear blast someone must have broke it during the war haha
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/16/2012 19:17:59   
Mother1

The patch note are wrong about one thing. I used the Azreal borg and it still took away someone bio borg buff. Oh and no they didn't have any other buffs on when I did it. Not sure if they changed their minds since they nerfed it before, or if it is a mistake.
Epic  Post #: 39
8/16/2012 21:39:53   
Dreiko Shadrack

Gamma's special is now better than Infernal until around round 6-7 and always better on the regular attack, changing the special from blockable to deflectable might not sound like much but it's a big buff to gamma.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
8/16/2012 22:47:04   
King FrostLich

Looks like Gamma will be my best bot than Infernal Android. Guess I'll get to keep 2 bots after all.

P.S: Now that you've balanced these bots, can we now focus on strength BM and BH and cyber tank issues as well as the Field Medic buff? The game is still not balanced if this is the case.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 8/16/2012 22:49:16 >
Epic  Post #: 41
8/17/2012 2:33:10   
Blaze The Aion Ender

dang, the android being deflectable has won me a couple jugg fights xD
Although, someone with 4 focus (and low tech) cans still do 40 damage on rage against 29-35+5-2+5 Seems a little brutal, but a large improvement, plus deflect is just so useful
I hate the assault bot nerf, i mean... I know people are saying "varium people expecting to get an advantage", but I am. That's why I bought the assault bot, but it is so much less useful after the patch.
They shouldn't have nerfed any bots at all
except android
But otherwise, the nerfs were unnecessary, they were here long enough that we've coped with it
It was pointless, and really damaged my merc jugg build since I can no longer help the malfs and smoke my character takes as much.

Oh well, atleast I can jugg again without being hit with 60 damage on a rage with 3 focus
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
8/17/2012 9:24:18   
Hun Kingq

With a 5 focus build I have test all bots at round 5 rage and the Infernal Android (the new bot) was the second 2nd weakest with 39 damage on a tank Cyber Hunter so there was no need to make it deflectable or increase the cool down, it was too many nerfs at once. If you use it without rage you might as well not even use it at all that is how weak it has become.

For some unknown reason players with lower support than I have get, Critical Damage more often.
Epic  Post #: 43
8/17/2012 9:28:17   
Ranloth
Banned

Hun, you know that probabilities exists? Support doesn't mean you get 100% chance to crit nor the enemy gets 0%, it's probability or call it luck for you. And Robots are good still, I use Gamma and Infernal matches its damage at turn 4/5 and gets even stronger later on. 150% damage can be better than 100% since Bot will average more damage than Gamma before they average out to the same.
Hilarious, 39 Rage on Cyber TANK is low? It's a Tank build, it's good enough since I get the same with my Bot when my Malf wears off (Rage is a funny one, it usually gets to full after Malf leaves..) and it's still good since it's unblockable. Deflectable? We told you, dealing 50% damage + unblockable > dealing no damage. I mean, would you rather get block on your beloved CHs and ask for a buff to BMs because of that or deal 50% damage?
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
8/17/2012 9:49:35   
King FrostLich

quote:

For some unknown reason players with lower support than I have get, Critical Damage more often.

You mean when your build with a ton of damage compared to players with low damage hit you get to crit you while you deal alot of damage without bothering about a crit? Isn't that the same except for the probability of critting itself and not the damage?
Epic  Post #: 45
8/17/2012 10:06:31   
Calogero

I raged crit a Tank CH nearly 70... it's wise to wait when using the bot.

I usualy try and use it on my second rage or a bit before depends on the opponent

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.4.9a August 16, 2012
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition