Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= Design Notes August 19th: Late Update Info

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Design Notes August 19th: Late Update Info
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/19/2012 16:55:37   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

quote:

August 19, 2012

Late Update Info
Many things this past week have caused delays in plans. Cinderella was out of town, and Polistar, Zheenx, DrDOT and Postmaster general all have things to deal with in their lives (school, work, vacations, etc.). I took advantage of their absence to take the time to upgrade my hardware.

Updating a computer at some point comes to an end and one needs a clean start. So, I overhauled the OS (Operating System) and at same time installed major updates I could not use in the past- what this means is that I’ve modernized my system and should be able to work with a greater variety of file types, and run new top of the line security software to keep my files and everyone else safe. I’ve also upgraded my memory so my system can handle the new operating system coming out next year. 

Then death came in form of a power outage which killed my hard drive with all my artwork! As I began hard drive repair software my network died (power outages are a tech nightmare!) leaving me without a way to access to the lab to get latest files to work with while I repair the HDD. Being your own PC repair person is an asset! Good news is the PC is running better than it was two years ago and I was able to save all major files (four years worth!). So, that’s been my week. Now I’ll working hard to get last of the Blockbuster items this week. This will be last week for any new items as we move onto Labor (or Labour) Day Event.

As I said Cinderella was out of town this week but she did help as much as she could, and we all thank her for that... (too bad she not here to fix my typos LOL). Edit from Cinderella- I’m back home now, so yes I am here to fix your typos. How do you function without me? 

Special thanks to the assistant developers as they learning the HeroSmash way of life as they try keep their own lives in balance. They been creating some amazing stuff and are getting even better!So in short sorry for the delays, but you know chaos it does not give any warnings... Speaking of which the Dage vs Nulgath Batlle Poll is coming to an end... who will win!?!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
8/19/2012 18:56:26   
plebster

Thanks for the DvM fix, without it the poll would've never ended. The reason being is that pvpers need to store all their powers and their items all in one aqw sized backpack. Aqw doesn't have individual powers, it has classes so the back pack isn't needed to be as big. Players like me are deleting any non rare non SC item that we don't use. So do you really think we will take up an extra space with a battle poll vote? Obviously not. The only people who will be turning them in are the lower level players who havn't collected many items and the rich players who have maxed out bank and back pack space. 2 things can be done to solve this: either a back pack space raise, or more efficiently for the players and the coders: the bp vote to be a temporary item! Simples *meercat sound*

If you think this shuld be done, thumbs up so this is a top comment. Oh wait, it already is. XD
AQW  Post #: 2
8/19/2012 19:24:12   
XapApp

Cindy missed a typo I think, or I just have a bad understanding of grammar.
quote:

Special thanks to the assistant developers as they learning the HeroSmash way of life as they try keep their own lives in balance.

Made the part which I thing is a typo, bold. Shouldn't it be they're learning or they learn?

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/20/2012 3:18:57   
plebster

@xapapp: yeah, you're right. I also spotted a few others as well, but they are all grammar mistakes I think, not spelling. Maybe randor is Asian, cus obviously his favourite colour is red which brings good luck in china, and also, in some Asian languages, grammar isn't used at all.
AQW  Post #: 4
8/20/2012 3:33:29   
XapApp

@plebster On Twitter it says his location is Canada.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/20/2012 4:22:57   
plebster

yeah but he might still be asian. My mum is but she lives here in england.

oh yeah, and since the power balancing thread has gone, i might as well post this here.
Could ice barrage get back it's haste buff? Because since it's such a hard power to get, i think it should be in par with the other legendaries like chudling rash or eye boil for exampla

< Message edited by plebster -- 8/20/2012 4:25:57 >
AQW  Post #: 6
8/20/2012 7:41:43   
  Randor the Red

Nope not asian.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/20/2012 9:11:59   
Sir Night

quote:

Could ice barrage get back it's haste buff? Because since it's such a hard power to get, i think it should be in par with the other legendaries like chudling rash or eye boil

Ice Barrage was nerfed for a reason. Even Chudling Rash is one of the powers lined up to be nerfed now because it's so dominant.

Besides, Shadow Slice and Yergenism are as hard to get as Ice Barrage. If Ice Barrage is purposefully made OP then the same should be done for them.
Post #: 8
8/20/2012 9:35:53   
King Helios

Sorry, I'm new to Herosmash. Where do I request a build?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/20/2012 9:49:11   
vulkan

^

try the Q and A thread.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/20/2012 10:01:10   
Crystal Lion

I believe Randor is Portuguese. Just a hunch.

Sent away to a leper colony like everyone who once loved Herosmash.
Post #: 11
8/20/2012 10:49:17   
  Randor the Red

I am a fourth generation Canadian, mix of french (don't speak french) and native american indian.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/20/2012 17:18:59   
plebster

Well then it's just case of you making lots of typos, but believe me, my typing Is a million times worse. The reason you don't read my posts with typos is because I correct every single one of my posts just before submitting them. There have been quite a few in this post alone.

@sir knight: I'm pretty sure shadow slice and definitely yergenism are much more useful in pvp than ice barrage with no haste buff. Just giving back ice barrage's haste buff would par it with the other two.

< Message edited by plebster -- 8/20/2012 17:20:43 >
AQW  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Design Notes August 19th: Late Update Info
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition