Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Term: VNV Item

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Term: VNV Item
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/13/2012 7:43:14   
PivotalDisorder

first thing. hate the new term. typing var and non var takes less than 2 seconds and has been used for a long time.

SAY NO TO VNV AND BLOOD ELF MAGES :P

looool at any crybaby var player who is complaining that the gap is smaller. many of the advantages of varium are explained on page 1.
we really don't need to dominate the non vars utterly. if you don't enjoy a challenge, then just NPC. if you think you can be just as powerful
for free, then stop buying varium now and use your credits. and last of all, so many players complained about there being too many promos
and that each new wave of items replaced the last. well now they seem to have stabilised each new items power so we don't have to make
a purchase to remain competitive. only one of my characters needed any new items after 5 months away from epicduel.

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 11/13/2012 7:51:15 >
Post #: 26
11/13/2012 8:58:34   
Jekyll

In case anyone misread what I actually meant, I was trying to say that there were TOO MANY such items released in a short period of time. I support these items since they close the gap, but it should there should not be such new weps every few releases.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
11/13/2012 17:14:22   
Banir

I agree that there have been too many. Not everyone can afford all of them. Buuut, there hasn't been a gun yet. So after that I think they could stop making them for the moment.
Epic  Post #: 28
11/14/2012 16:52:35   
rej

quote:

Just throwing some numbers out here for people.

Assuming Charbinger Prices:
28k for a weapon
35k for an armor
119k for primary, gun, aux and armor.
119k credits=3719 battles.
To put that number into perspective, the 1vs1 leader as of now has less than 650 wins. Being unfair here, he has 650 wins for this part. This will take him at least 5 days straight doing the same pace to get all those pieces of gear without having to spend any varium and then he'll still have to spend almost 3 quarters the next day as well.

That's before you even touch enhancements which can(and probably will) push you into 200k credits for maximum competing opportunities. While a varium player can buy the $50 pack, spend the keys on the credit boost and get one credit item with no effort in-game and then have the varium to spend on the other 3 pieces of gear and then enhancements.

Yes, thank you for supporting my point by telling us that one could buy an entire set of new items just by playing five days.
If you could save up enough to buy an entire item set just by playing (albeit, playing quite a lot) for five days, think what you could do at a more average player's rate (120 wins a day) over a month or so. It comes down to a very similar number. And considering that more powerful items only come out once every other month or so this year, an active non var player would be able to keep up with the latest items while simultaneously saving up for enhancements. Within a year, it would be physically impossible to determine the difference between said non var player and any paying player, other than a possible difference in hairstyle.

If ignorant children wish to insult my opinions, and by extension, insult me, then that is entirely within their rights. However, it rarely reflects well on one to attack another without cause.

And that is why I highly oppose VNV items.
Again, special thanks to Mallet for provoking me.

< Message edited by rej -- 11/15/2012 21:18:51 >

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/14/2012 17:14:09   
Ranloth
Banned

N'awwwww, you pay money so you deserve advantage? ;) Funny guy. You could always work your way through instead of paying but you decided to pay, this doesn't give you more right over other players who paid less or nothing. No one forced you to pay. I'm sure you'd no life ED just to have ONE set of items fully enhanced. ;)

But whether you like it or not, VNV items are staying because it improves balance. They'd rather lose few haters who are stuck up than mess up balance and lose even more players. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
11/14/2012 20:13:14   
PivotalDisorder

have the staff even confirmed that ALL new items will have 2 different prices? either way I don't care. I'd rather be having competitive match-ups
every fight. Especially in 2v2, where the balance can be upset just by having 3 full varium players, and one non varium.

IMO their will always be a significant difference between variums and non variums, and they will always be first to fully enhance new items.
Post #: 31
11/15/2012 2:27:12   
Ranloth
Banned

Nope, they haven't. I've spoken to Rabble before, the plan was to use these VNV items but not on every single item so there will still be Varium and F2P equipment with no bonuses (and lower price).
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
11/15/2012 5:12:16   
PivotalDisorder

so only thing that has happened is players who actually play the game can almost match those who pay the game :) ^^
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Term: VNV Item
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition