Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Retro Epicduel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Retro Epicduel
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/28/2012 21:48:59   
  Exploding Penguin

Lots of players really like the old Epicduel, especially some functions from beta. Therefore, I've proposed a retro version of Epicduel! The way that this will work is that it'll be a separate server/game, and there is no link between characters between the current ED and this new retro ED (meaning you'll have to make another level 1 in retro ED, even if you have a level 35 or something in the current ED. Unless you have varium, you can purchase varium in both games and they will be linked in your inventories based off of the slot that you create your character. Credits will still be separate though). Unlike the current ED, retro ED will have very few to absolutely no updates. The main point is to include the old class trees and skill effectiveness from previous stages where all classes were favored the most at one time or another. Here are some things that I would like included:

-Heal increases with support
-NO ENHANCES! This fudges up contest between builds and characters, and enhancements is one of the main reasons why support BH doesn't work that well anymore.
-Updates will only pertain to new/seasonal items appearing in the current epicduel. If it's the valentines event in the current ED, retro ED will also have the same valentine's event.
-No new missions. This is mainly just for ease of programming and work.
-Old skill trees from the beginning of delta for the advanced classes. This includes: BM with zerker, assimilation, and technician; TLM with maul, smoke, and technician; CH with the extremely high-scaling (I believe it was 78% or so, with defense penetration) static charge, and technician.
-Plasma bolt and overload cost 15 and 14 energy again, respectively.
-Skills like Bunker, Plasma cannon, plasma bolt, etc... all scale and level up with the damage that they originally had from beta. (+2 till level 5, then +3 till level 10 on bunker. +3 for all levels on PB)
-Bots will still be in retro epicduel
-Normal merc has blood shield instead of adren
-Merc will still have blood commander, so it's not underpowered
-No strength requirement on malfunction or PB, def matrix costs 10 energy gain
-Hybrid armor works like it originally did, and at +12/+13 too!
-TLM has hybrid armor instead of mineral armor

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 11/28/2012 21:50:24 >
Epic  Post #: 1
11/28/2012 22:11:36   
Xendran

Old school epicduel would only have the 3 classes, and skills like blood shield wouldn't exist.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
11/28/2012 22:18:11   
goldslayer1

or just have the characters copied into the new server for whoever wants to sign up. i dont feel like spending $1000 on a new char -.-
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/28/2012 22:29:24   
Rayman
Banned

And The server shouldn't be on all the days, they can Open it 2 days per week.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/28/2012 23:16:41   
  Exploding Penguin

note that if the characters were duplicated, your record wouldn't count toward your current epicduel account for obvious reasons. The 3 evolved classes are just there because many would like to see the original class trees return, a they were changed the most.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/28/2012 23:29:34   
goldslayer1

i dont mind the record, (as long as it doesn't affect the original char) but let it have the same lvl and items we paid and worked hard for.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/29/2012 0:54:11   
Vegafire

Instead of copying the entire character it allows you to choose your class but scales to your current level and gives you equivelent in credits and varium you ever spent on the other server? meaning you get a fresh start but without all the overpowered items / skills and classes. after this both accounts could be linked to the master account and purchasing varium would credit both accounts?
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/29/2012 1:09:37   
Betabot.

Well I can see how this would work out, everyone running around as an OP Support Cyber Hunter. Consisting of a high malf, high heal, high regain of energy then they would end up by using mass.
Epic  Post #: 8
11/29/2012 3:58:08   
ninja.fighter

well u r saying to again recreate beta? well that's not possible because the devs have done a lot of work to make it better than beta although it is still not balanced but wait for omega.After that ed would be much balanced than ever
Epic  Post #: 9
11/29/2012 18:18:22   
  Exploding Penguin

@betabot apparently you aren't aware of the fact that plasma armor used to never exist... CH support builds would definitely not be OP with the lack of a second passive skill.
Epic  Post #: 10
11/29/2012 18:35:30   
SCAR

I like the name of this idea, what's not "Retro" about this idea is including all 6 classes. If the train's were back, their were only 3 classes, refresh the leader boards etc. Than yes it would be new, and fun. Supported.
Post #: 11
11/29/2012 18:42:53   
Betabot.

@Exploding Penguin that's half true. True that they wouldn't have the shield but they would still be able to have great defenses, while have a large attacking power. It would be like the old mages but with a high regain of energy with deadly aim replaced with mass in terms of overall damage.
Epic  Post #: 12
11/30/2012 3:07:41   
ninja.fighter

guys they have taken the game to a level that no one has ever thought of and u r saying to just throw all away?
didn't u see the new design notes about enhancements it will make the game more stable
Epic  Post #: 13
11/30/2012 3:25:57   
Xendran

No one has ever thought of? That's a vast overstatement.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
11/30/2012 7:43:40   
ninja.fighter

yeah i know but who thought epic would be that much complex .The bots,agility,focus,enhancement etc so that's what i meant
Epic  Post #: 15
11/30/2012 11:23:41   
SCAR

@ninga.fighter: The game was more balanced in "Beta" than it is today.
Post #: 16
11/30/2012 11:27:38   
Stabilis

This sounds like a surreal dream.

*smoke exits from my eyes*
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
12/1/2012 2:47:27   
ninja.fighter

yeah it was only balaced.Now a lot changes have been done and dev's are trying to make it balanced so all we have to do is just wait for omega
Epic  Post #: 18
12/1/2012 18:54:48   
xGreen Warriorx

This sounds like going back in time basically. I think it would be better however, to not have little parts of the way the game is now in this "Retro" version of the game. I wouldn't mind seeing how the game was in very early Alpha, where there were 3 vs 3 battles, no auxes, and very different skills.

There should be a new website for this though and I definitely think we should have to make a new character though for "Retro" ED. Transferring another character would cause problems because you would have a different skill tree, and TLM, CH, and BM didn't use to exist.

However, with Omega coming up and the way this game is progressing right now, I really only support this is if the devs don't have anything better to be doing, which might be never, so yeah I doubt this will happen.

< Message edited by xGreen Warriorx -- 12/1/2012 18:59:48 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/1/2012 19:45:58   
Stabilis

I am sure, that given the opportunity, Titan would do something neat like this... but given the time and money needed to upkeep even a server with these functions, it does not compare well with the other choices- like him having to reinvent enhancements.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
12/1/2012 20:39:24   
Vegafire

What they are asking for would not take much time? removing the three later added classes, returning the skill trees to orriginal and removing the enhancement system completely, as well as this un nerf the stats and re add the support - feild medic ratio and open one server?

It will basically be like the beta testing phase but with all current items,

And it could also increase sales if the way i have stated is implemented, both accounts on both servers being interlinked and when you purchase varium for one it applies to both accounts in full, but a popup apears asking which character on the other server should receive the varium and any promo items. If a player is running low on one server but not the other and plays both they are likely to topup again meaning sales are increased in term making the cost of hosting the new server irrelivant
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/1/2012 21:04:25   
Stabilis

^

It is a bit more complicated than that, Death. In a short explanation, notice how our servers are all the same but with different names/ID?

To make a server that is a line or more in code DIFFERENT, would entail Titan and Rabble having to reprogram a second CLIENT to handle just 1 server that a small group of players would be using on a regular schedule.

And since our artwork is actually not fully compatible with Alpha and Beta because of earlier versions of ActionScript, HTML, Flash... debugging would be as long in time as releasing a new phase.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 12/1/2012 21:05:20 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
12/1/2012 21:10:21   
Vegafire

A seconary cleint same protocalls with some editing made to the games database itself? not complicated as far as i can tell? im currenty doing my BTEC National diploma in ICT and i could do it myself using MSQL, but i do not have the rights, files and dont know the layout of the files which would just take more time than required, maybe once Titan has some more time on his hands?

Im not on about going back to Beta and Alpha but removing all the debuffs, enhancements and added classes since then? keeping the level cap and raising it as the main raises, its quiet simple really just overly complicated if you do not know what your doing.

The only majour difference in the client would be the IP and ports in which it has to connect to for the Secondary Gameserver that is made

Keeping the Omega enhancement system strictly to the main server ofcourse

< Message edited by deathshadowslayer -- 12/1/2012 21:14:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/1/2012 21:21:45   
Stabilis

It would just be simpler to make these changes to our current servers, aaaand that is why I would not likely support this new database. Artix E has to pay for bandwidth regardless so if they get 500 people at a time VS 2000 on the normal servers then I see little incentive to keep something dusted on display.
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
12/1/2012 21:26:56   
Vegafire

But then again i think all games in connection to Artix Entertainment are run and hosted by themselves and epicduel is not a large game with hundreds of thousands of players so couldnt require much Ram or Bandwith/ storage in comparrison to some of these games now available that require 4GB HARD DISK SPACE and Minimum 1GB RAM, and this is what the user receives, without characterfiles and any extra information these games have in average 20,000+ active users at a time each and considering any information we need to play epicduel is small enough to be transfered into the cache i highly doubt it needs such hosts as these games.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Retro Epicduel
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition