Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers VII (Read the first post)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers VII (Read the first post)
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2012 22:48:20   
Rilami
Shall we resolve this dissonance?

@Petey Piranha Plant

Glad I could help! When the AIs are defenseless, it makes the battle a lot smoother.

While I don't have master blood fiend, nor did I have abber, I'll do my best to help.

Location is the same, those two train places are generally good for all characters.

Basically, do the same thing you would do with abber, however with Blood Fiend (Master) you have sacrifice which is very good for training. Just be careful with it at lower levels since it could end up killing you.

General Strategy for PvE/Training:

Charging: You'll generally want to charge to 10/14/19 it all depends on your level and your character. If your character has cheap cards, and is a low level, you'll generally be able to get away with charging to 10/14. However, if your character is a high level and uses average to high cost cards, you'll want to charge to 19 because those battles will usually be long. I also like to charge depending on my hand, for example, if my hand uses a total of 8 or less charges, and I don't have too much hp, I'll usually just charge to 14 as opposed to 19. Because after I use 8 charges, I'll still have 14 after I use my cards and draw again. I wouldn't recommend this for every character, but it can work nicely sometimes, especially for short battles.

DoT/Time-bombish cards over Immediate damage: Most of the time, you want to use your DoT cards before your instant damage cards. Cards like Shatter, Poison, Mark of Death, Storm, you all want to use before immediate damage cards like Fire ball, Bash, Thrash, and 5 Damage card. Because most of the time, you want to get the most damage out of your cards, so if you can't kill your opponent with all of your immediate damage cards, you'll want to use cards that take time to do damage first, because it'll allow you to take full advantage of the card(s). However, if you can finish off your opponent with your immediate damage cards, then feel free to use it.

Empower/Incinerate: These cards both can make another card stronger, however, sometimes you'll have a hand that has relatively good cards, so you may feel reluctant to discard a card. However, keep in mind that both cards are free of cost, so it's fine to discard something like a one, two, or five (for incinerate) attack card for these cards, because you'll conserve charges, as well as deal more damage since empower gives +3 versus a one/two damage card, while incinerate gives +6 damage versus a one/two/five damage card. Discarding DoT damage can also be fine in a situation that allows you to kill your opponent instantly.

Discarding Defensive Cards/Cards that aren't very cost efficient (unless if you have nothing else to use and will overcharge the limit of 20): Cards like Iron hide, and shield won't help you much in a PvE match unless if you're ice element and have ice orb or if you're low level and you're at risk of death. Another situation where you may use cards is if your character has low offensive capabilities and needs to stall a match out in order to deal damage and even in that situation, the AI usually won't deal enough damage to actually kill you. As for cards that aren't very efficient, cards like Life Drain and Blessed Strike are more situational. If you don't have much to use, and you'll get overcharged (meaning you'll have more charges than the limit, meaning you'll have wasted energy) then feel free to use them. However, if you have better cards to use, and you'll use a decent amount of energy, you might as well discard those cards.

Drawing: This is going to be a quick, but somewhat helpful tip. A lot of the time, people only draw after they use their whole hand, I recommend drawing even if you haven't used all of the cards. If you have like 1~2 card(s) left in your hand, it would kinda be a waste if you only used them during one turn. Most of the time, you'll want to draw again, it also gives you more energy. The only time I wouldn't do this, would be if the last cards in my hand can finish off my opponent and I have enough charge to use them all. If I don't have enough charge to use them all, but I'll have enough next turn, I would generally draw anyways, since it gives me more options.

Other things that may help you train (outside of the game):

Multitask: Work on/Do other things while you train, it's a turn based game, the animations take just a little bit, so you can do something like check the forums constantly, it'll help you kill time. You could also watch a movie! Just be careful, because if you're doing something online, it could slow down the game's performance.

Music
: Music helps with everything, it makes time just pass by. I would pick music that gets you pumped up, if you're feeling tired, or maybe just some songs that don't have someone singing in them. Personally, I get distracted by a singer's voice, I usually end up singing along.. which is embarrassing for myself as well as those around me. ._.

Comfort
: Make sure you're sitting in a comfortable place or laying down on a laptop, it's something small, but it'll help you focus more on the game, as opposed to being distracted because your chair is squeaky or something.

Snacks/drinks: I personally like to snack on something while I play, mostly it's just fruit, sometimes I drink water instead if I don't feel like eating. Careful not to get your keyboard/mouse dirty!

These are just some things that really help me train for hours and hours and still feel like I'm having fun.

@so hard to .....

Just copy the url in your browser's address bar, and then you can paste it for people to go to that link. You can also use
[link=http://Url Here]Put what you want to say here[/link]
In order to do something like this.

Posts merged. -- SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 12/3/2012 1:04:21 >
Post #: 126
12/3/2012 0:14:13   
dragon warth

ok thanks
anywhere i can try it ?
AQW  Post #: 127
12/3/2012 0:16:44   
Rilami

@so hard to .....

You can always use the "Preview" button when making a new post, so you can see what it'll look like when posted. :) I hope that helped~

Edit:(Below)

@so hard to .....

I'm glad I could help! Have a wonderful day. :3

< Message edited by Rilami -- 12/3/2012 0:19:01 >
Post #: 128
12/3/2012 0:17:54   
dragon warth

thank you i really appreciate it
AQW  Post #: 129
12/3/2012 4:29:05   
Sharftman

@Rilami: thanks for the tips, these tips gave me the patients to find and capture Revontheus and Outcast ty.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 130
12/3/2012 6:06:44   
The Over Souled

If the servers are still down when i wake up i will complain EVEN MORE!
AQW Epic  Post #: 131
12/3/2012 6:08:30   
The Stranger

^They actually are working o.o .
Post #: 132
12/3/2012 9:57:59   
coreyds

Not for me :(
Post #: 133
12/3/2012 10:02:00   
The Stranger

^Well now they are down ...
Edit: Does bill spawn at the giant rocks in the west near the place we spawn ? i'm farming for quite some time and didn't encountered one yet ..
Nvermind just found one and it eluded e.e .

Guys which one is the best choice Frost Void ( master), Earth Wizard (master) or Shadowdance (master)

< Message edited by The Stranger -- 12/3/2012 17:09:32 >
Post #: 134
12/3/2012 17:50:21   
Rilami

@The Stranger

I would probably go with Frost Void (master) ice characters are pretty strong.
Post #: 135
12/3/2012 21:11:21   
Lord of Pandemonium

I was wondering, could somebody please confirm if the 12 SGs we received for testing actually count towards the character rewards?? At the moment it says I have purchased 96 SGs total, but I'm not sure if it's accurate or not

I.E. If I originally bought 80SG, and have 12 SG from testing, if I bought 160 SGs, would I unlock the black dragon? Or would I be 10 SGs short because the rewarded SGs didn't count towards the total.

@thejob

Ah awesome, thanks alot :)

< Message edited by w deathreaper m -- 12/3/2012 21:42:36 >
AQW  Post #: 136
12/3/2012 21:12:16   
The Jop

Yes, all the SGs you receive count towards the total.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 137
12/4/2012 11:52:03   
coreyds

Has Rev gone rare? I've been farming for about 5 hrs since the servers came back on between last night and this morning and haven't ran into him once... :(
Post #: 138
12/4/2012 11:52:44   
Rilami

@coreyds

He should not be rare in terms of being gone, he goes seasonal rare on Thursday, Dec 6th. He's just hard to find.

< Message edited by Rilami -- 12/4/2012 11:53:06 >
Post #: 139
12/4/2012 11:54:55   
coreyds

Ok, thanks. I had just ran into him before the servers went down and maybe they updated, its been at least 200 battles without running into him lol
Post #: 140
12/4/2012 11:55:19   
Rilami

@coreyds

I'll look for him and try to get a screenshot for you.
Post #: 141
12/4/2012 11:56:27   
coreyds

O wow, thank you! You're the best.
Post #: 142
12/4/2012 12:55:28   
Rilami

@coreyds

Sorry, I haven't been able to find him in the past hour, but I'm sure he's still there. They didn't plan to take him out till Dec 6th. I'll keep looking though.

http://i48.tinypic.com/dx06bm.png

There you go! Finally found it c: He's still there~

< Message edited by Rilami -- 12/4/2012 14:26:29 >
Post #: 143
12/4/2012 17:02:53   
kreem

What place has no monsters that use defensive or heal cards and if there is more than one then which is the closest to the map starting point. Please tell me the name of the place or draw a circle around the area and some coordinates using this wiki map and the grid reference

EDIT sorry made a mistake I meant "no" defensive monsters

< Message edited by kreem -- 12/4/2012 17:15:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 144
12/4/2012 17:06:47   
Rilami

@kreem

Why would you want to know? o-o Those monsters aren't too good for training on.. but I guess the battle button? It has a lot of paladins, they heal and shield decently. You could also try this place: http://oi47.tinypic.com/2w1zklt.jpg which is T2 on the map. They have lots of water peasants, and they use renew as well as shields.
Post #: 145
12/4/2012 17:07:45   
Dizzy the Mad Hatter

@kreem: As for defensive monsters and heal, you can just click the PvE button. There are a lot of Neutral characters, all of which use defense and heals.
Here is a complete list of characters for you to chose from
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 146
12/4/2012 17:12:24   
kreem

sorry made a mistake I meant no defensive
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 147
12/4/2012 17:15:31   
Rilami

@kreem

This location is good for training then.

It has a lot of monsters that don't have too many shields.

This could be used as an alternative.
Post #: 148
12/4/2012 17:15:53   
Dizzy the Mad Hatter

As for no defense go for the Vampire Lord line.
They are one of the best damage dealers in game.
The Fire Witch line being very good at pure damage too.

Unless you're looking for farming spots, then don't listen to me at all haha, thought you wanted a character to use by your wording.

< Message edited by Dizzy the Mad Hatter -- 12/4/2012 17:16:49 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
12/4/2012 17:24:06   
kreem

Thanks Rilami and Dizzy(reminds me of 1000 ways to die)

I wasn't asking for characters just something to farm

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers VII (Read the first post)
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition