Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= Design Notes December 5th: Yergen's Birthday Event!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Design Notes December 5th: Yergen's Birthday Event!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/6/2012 5:36:59   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

quote:

November 26, 2012
Yergen's Birthday Event!
This week Yergen celebrates his Birthday! Little late but at least its here. I had to merge the old map to the new one, also worked the speech bubble into the NPC animation. Now working on the old bugs in the Subway and will be adding the phone booth to it (work in progress).

Yergen and the art team create some fun stuff this year, hope you all enjoy! Also Birthdays will be Event not Seasonal when being tagged. Rules for Events items/rares are the same as Seasonal items/rares. The old merge items were labelled as Smash Coin items, that has been corrected as merge items are bought with Yellow Tickets and not SC. Wonderp Bread's Birthday shop will be leaving this Friday.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
12/6/2012 9:45:04   
Crystal Lion

Fixing bugs is not always smooth sailing, but I think an estimate would be nice, if only to know roughly when the game's storyline will get back on track.

Sent away to a leper colony like everyone who once loved Herosmash.
Post #: 2
12/6/2012 10:03:12   
megakyle777

I'm more worried about the storyline. With all the changes in staff, multiple things were dropped, such as the hero/Villain Contest that would have determined the main evil, presumably whatever parts of the tale we had such as The Da Vinchi and Demolisious thing, and presumably secret identidies (Whioch I have NO idea how that would work). If things are not done, people will be diaapointed and plot elements confused.

Not to even mention the fact that the gameplay itself needs to differentiate itself from AQW more because as is it's way too similar, having been built from a similar engine.
DF  Post #: 3
12/6/2012 10:09:23   
Crystal Lion

Maybe the storyline should go back to the basics i.e. around the Demo vs. Davinci fiasco.

But I'd like to see something done so that heroes have a fighting chance, instead of being constantly stamped out like how Wolfblade always stamps out the other houses in MechQuest.
Post #: 4
12/6/2012 10:23:36   
megakyle777

I do agree, villains appeared to always have the upper hand in the wars we had. I guess it's because evil is kwel. Least I try to bring something new to evil in HS.

But the issue with balencing it to work for good is this: balence it too far one way and you cheat villains out of a victory. Don't at all, and heroes never win. To have a fair system you need to come up with a system that can't be won by sheer force of numbers alone.
DF  Post #: 5
12/6/2012 18:31:12   
plebster

A PvP war would work, the player has to choose a side, good or evil, and then enter the pvp war brawl. At the end of every match, Herosmash records the wins and losses for good pvpers and evil pvpers and the side with the highest win to loss ratio after the war wins. That way it isn't about how many players a side has, but which side has the better players.
AQW  Post #: 6
12/6/2012 20:57:13   
Crystal Lion

That still has the possibility of being rigged, however. :/ Since Davinci's victory was the result of an unfixed glitch, I'd rather have the storyline not be decided by players until the bias is fixed.

Edit: I hope you noticed that all the glitches involving heroes and villains have all been in the villains' favor so far. I'd sooner have something rigged in the heroes' favor a few times until things are balanced.

< Message edited by Crystal Lion -- 12/6/2012 21:27:15 >
Post #: 7
12/8/2012 17:33:41   
plebster

What glitches?
AQW  Post #: 8
12/8/2012 18:14:14   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The only glitch I recall in any of the wars was the bar being able to go past 100%. If there was a glitch involving unfair advantages towards a side then it would've been a riot each time it happened.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/8/2012 20:53:15   
Crystal Lion

In alpha testing (Around December/January), there was an infinite turn-in glitch which only happened on DaVinci's side. The old threads had a huge fuss about it. And in Super Death's war, there was another glitch where the Heroes' war meter remained at 0% despite being a few days. Beleen made a Design Notes about villains constantly stamping out heroes around that time.

Edit: The first post in this thread shows a display glitch that could have discouraged heroic players.

< Message edited by Crystal Lion -- 12/8/2012 21:13:23 >
Post #: 10
12/9/2012 4:33:17   
plebster

I was playing during December and January in alpha but I didn't get that glitch (probably me just not noticing it lol).

Anyway it was alpha so there are gonna be glitches. I don't think there would be any glitches as big as that in a war now.
AQW  Post #: 11
12/9/2012 9:48:27   
Crystal Lion

Perhaps not, but it did set the stage for heroes to be stamped out in this game forever, unless something is done.
Post #: 12
12/10/2012 14:44:52   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

If anything heroes were stamped out from the beginning. Evil always has the size advantage when it comes to allowing a player an alignment. And I honestly do not recall any bug at all during the Da Vinci war allowing infinite turn-ins nor do I recall anyone else on the evil side bragging about it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Design Notes December 5th: Yergen's Birthday Event!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition