Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Do you think remove npc as wins is really good idea for Ed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Do you think remove npc as wins is really good idea for Ed
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/10/2012 1:57:56   
goldslayer1

quote:

@gold
thankyou for clarifying that for me. So it isn't high enough to call not blocking luck :D. I will explain
this to all those who claim to be "pro" because of a failed block on either players part.

if i have 20 more dex than you, it means u have 2% block chance. if u block once thats lucky enough, twice is luck overkill.

and by having 20 more dex, i have 18% block chance on u.
on "average" (screw the average, its never "average" for me) i should be getting 1 block per 6 rounds of attacks that are blockable.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/10/2012 1:59:30 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/10/2012 10:45:34   
xxmirxx

Lady Blue your varium player i don't know why ur saying ur not and I agree with you Angels.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
12/10/2012 10:51:09   
Lady Blue

im not avarium player even from the start
Post #: 28
12/10/2012 19:01:48   
Dragis99

Really Guys? I think the new update is mainly geared towards lower levels who just need extra credit to help them up. You guys have to admit you all have tried farming before but they are just making it easier for lower levels to do it and not lag behind the crowd. The battle token thing removed just made me a little edgy but THIS IS A PVP GAME. Remember?

Post #: 29
12/10/2012 20:07:33   
TRizZzCENTRINO

just to clarify, this would make the low levels much more confident in versing a npc to get its cheevos rather than worried that it will go in their record if they lose due to the npcs dealing lots of crits, so it will make low levels tryout for a challenge without being burdened by the thought of losing. also as others have stated, this would benefit low level players greatly if they are tight for credits and afraid to go into pvp with the thought of them losing because they will meet a player thats 5 levels above them.
to me this is a great thing, i just don't know why most of you don't see this.
and no more players with fake wins :D
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/10/2012 20:30:13   
Mother1

@ trizz

Most high level player who NPC grind see them a punching bags for wins simple as that. A lot of people who spoke with me in the past told me they like to NPC grind for the wins to improve their records and now that it is going they are losing their free win punch bags.
Epic  Post #: 31
12/10/2012 20:39:16   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yeah, NPCs treated as punching bags for free wins are ridiculous, it shows no skill. well now they are forced to use their strategies in battle which is a good thing, hoping for no OP builds though.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/10/2012 21:29:22   
Yo son

"Yes I believe its a great idea :) It shows the real talent of our Epicduel players and shows who really knows what they are doing. "
Note that being more skillful/ having more experience does not give a player a win; so in a way this is kind of irrelevant considering that winning with luck is now a normal part of the game. anyways am neutral on the npcs being removed, although I do hope that the increase the level of npc you can challenge for credits, so instead of 5 levels and above, it should be like 10 and above.

< Message edited by Yo son -- 12/10/2012 21:32:05 >
Post #: 33
12/10/2012 21:37:53   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I was in a place with some "Pro" players, with high win rates
Once every 15 mins, one would say "Time to go kill 5 NPC's"
I was disgusted by this, no wonder they go 30k wins and 4k losses and ridiculous stuff like that

And what's worse is that, even though NPC's are being removed, their win rates won't get too much lower, because of the vast gap they've made between their wins and losses
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/10/2012 23:33:09   
SouL Prisoner

Personally speaking, its a bad idea ...

Players who use Jugg classes(TLM) Currently useless for 1v1. Now, how M i suppose to get fast wins and rank up ????

If i jugg with other classes(Good for 1v1) i would have a bad record(In jugg), and if their was a class which is good for both jugg and 1v1, still theirs no telling if u can use the same build for jugg and 1v1 ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/10/2012 23:38:01   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Simple answer...with unlimited NPC battles, it's a necessity. We've already seen the outcome of unlimited battles that count towards our record. People had 2,000+ wins long before reset. If this persists, you will see a shortage of PvP opponents as most players will opt to farm NPCs and dominate the LB.

Epic  Post #: 36
12/12/2012 12:42:57   
DOOMdeath

@above

NPC attles won't count for your win record
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/12/2012 12:54:14   
Mother1

@ soul

Are you slipping? TLM are good for 1 vs 1 fights especially with the infernal android focus 5 build. Those builds are deadly in one vs one if used right.
Epic  Post #: 38
12/12/2012 13:01:31   
Remorse

I think its great,

I also think they should add a new 1v1 section to the leader boards called something like 1v1 Omega+ which shows the wins of players after omega.

However to keep things fair to the current 1v1 leaders, the old board should still be updated as they get 1v1 wins just people would probably refer to the 1v1 omega + leader boards for the definition of a good player.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/12/2012 13:02:17 >
Epic  Post #: 39
12/12/2012 13:58:34   
PivotalDisorder

soon as I read the DNS I knew AH would be in a topic complaining about this specific change.
god forbid the elitists have their daily NPC grind removed :P I think it is long overdue personally.

any news on whether current win/loss records can have all the wins from NPCs removed? or will the change only effect future wins?
would be absolutely hilarious to see players records slashed in half, or maybe even more haha. to see 160k become 35k would kill me.
Post #: 40
12/12/2012 14:59:37   
Renegade Reaper

i think it would be awesome to see the real records of players on the all time solo lb.
unfortunately, i think they will leave the records the way they are and just have the
change effect wins after omega update.

i myself have rarely fought npcs. i only do it when i get frustrated with the luck of
pvp battles. also, i fought a ton of npcs during the infernal infiltration war. however,
i wish those wins werent on my record. i feel that it taints my record. i would prefer
having a 100% pure pvp record.

even though i dont think it would happen.... i request that all npc battles be removed
from my record. i dont care if that makes it take longer for me to get to emperor,
i just want my record to be real, not dummied like some players,
*cough*Angels Holocaust*cough*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/12/2012 15:03:19   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I believe that it's impossible to count the NPC records since they aren't logged in the server like regular fights and would require manually having to go through and alter everyone's records after going through the logs to see how many non PvP fights they have.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/12/2012 16:01:58   
PivotalDisorder

they could reset all win/loss records for Omega :)
Post #: 43
12/12/2012 16:41:48   
Xendran

Yeah, we're long overdue for a ladder reset.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 44
12/12/2012 19:19:03   
Pranz

Well I honestly don't care about NPC wins not being counted towards the record any more because I don't really NPC anymore (its not that fun to talk to NPC's), and it would make the Faction 1v1 lb a bit more interesting than just seeing which faction can NPC the most at the beginning.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/12/2012 19:26:09   
Stabilis

Why not save all beginning to Delta battle records into the database and reset all battle records and leaderboards? That way we can refer back to the first place of this, ninth place of that, etc without getting sour.
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
12/13/2012 22:33:19   
  RabbleFroth

We've talked about doing timed ladders in the past. Not a currently planned feature, but not completely off the table.
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Do you think remove npc as wins is really good idea for Ed
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition