Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New promos not in game sale :/

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New promos not in game sale :/
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/15/2012 6:52:39   
tehwutdude

@neos
They are planning on taking away enhancements
Epic  Post #: 26
12/15/2012 7:10:21   
Crimson Eagle

I knew the developers were going to do this! It's smart in a way, if you know what I mean.
Here, let me explain:

With the new weapon stat system, most old players will stick to their old weapons! (Founder armor, Frostbane, Beta weapons etc)
So, in order to still make a profit, they need to release the promotional item(s) in a 10k pack only.

At the end of the day, it makes everyone happy!
Developers: More money to improve the game.
You: Some awesome new weapons, 10,000 varium and 15,000 credits!
~Cleany

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/15/2012 8:03:13   
Jekyll

Actually, its just a simple policy. Phase weapons have never been available for purchase in-game and will continue to be so. This marketing strategy has been this way for a long time now, and truthfully, its nothing new.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/15/2012 8:53:18   
TRizZzCENTRINO

ok guys here is link to charfade's new omega video from her twitter:
quote:

NEW EpicDuel Video!! Omega - Yeti for more? Frysteland and retraining features! http://t.co/Hvc3addK

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/15/2012 14:18:43   
Stabilis

This indirectly raises the rarity of the items if you know what I mean.
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
12/15/2012 22:53:50   
Max12345

Me too Conqrr, especially after saving 2k varium for 2 months just to get the weapons in game D: Very Disappointing.
Epic  Post #: 31
12/15/2012 23:11:05   
xxmirxx

quote:

I knew the developers were going to do this! It's smart in a way, if you know what I mean.
Here, let me explain:

With the new weapon stat system, most old players will stick to their old weapons! (Founder armor, Frostbane, Beta weapons etc)
So, in order to still make a profit, they need to release the promotional item(s) in a 10k pack only.

At the end of the day, it makes everyone happy!
Developers: More money to improve the game.
You: Some awesome new weapons, 10,000 varium and 15,000 credits!

and this what i am thinking http://s3.amazonaws.com/brainyflix/photos/3105/medium.jpg
btw i am joking

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 12/15/2012 23:14:04 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
12/16/2012 0:15:54   
Emptiness

It would be great if we could preorder promos, for example we are given the choice to purchase the omega promo but we will have to wait until the day they're released to receive them. Sometimes we're in need of varium but we don't want to spend It yet, instead we are forced to wait for the promo to be released.
Post #: 33
12/16/2012 5:48:05   
SouL Prisoner

I support Nighwraith ...

When it comes to phase weapons, they better stay exclusive ;)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/16/2012 7:45:45   
TRizZzCENTRINO

yeah with the new system, promo weapons should stay strictly in the 10k package, because it makes sense for a *promo* item to be exclusive to a certain package and not to be purchasable ingame.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/16/2012 8:23:42   
Lord Noonien Soong

Thye should put the omega packs for sale in-game as well
DF  Post #: 36
12/16/2012 8:36:49   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

yeah with the new system, promo weapons should stay strictly in the 10k package, because it makes sense for a *promo* item to be exclusive to a certain package and not to be purchasable ingame.

Only the Omega package should not be in store, after that, any new regular package can be, i guess that's no prob :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/16/2012 8:54:57   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above but the thing is that with the system in omega 10k varium can be used for up to 3-4 months or more and you can get the item cheaper without any stats or or damage on it then you can later upgrade them with credits, so since the devs are pulling together the gap between var and non-vars and making that your promo items will not be overpowered by a higher leveled one, they need this to gain profit, i can just get the promo item by buying the second varium package and get the item instead of spending $50 on one.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/16/2012 8:57:37   
SouL Prisoner

^arrr ???? :S

Kinda confused ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/16/2012 9:08:16   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above you will get it when omega comes
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
12/16/2012 9:11:29   
SouL Prisoner

Well, m not sure what exactly you mean, but to get a promo item, always buying a package is too much ...

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 12/16/2012 9:12:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/16/2012 9:42:44   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above in omega you are not forced to buy one, because your current promo won't ever go underpowered if new promos are introduced unless they have a better special of course.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/16/2012 9:44:49   
SouL Prisoner

Hmmm... Well, looks can go underpowered :P

M sure u will be designing new weapons :D

P.S : Your right, but new weapons means new specials with them ..and another reason to buy them, and they mentioned that, you cannot buy some of the weapon specials :/

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 12/16/2012 9:47:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/16/2012 9:54:37   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above not really though, frostbane, azrael's bane, celtic cleaver, the halloween promo zookas and gammabot are just as epic and lots of people prefer them than the current ones.

still you are not forced to buy them, each promo specials has it's own benefits for a particular class or build, you just need to find out which one suits you best and not buying every promo they release, otherwise it is still gonna be like delta where varium users have to buy every new promo they release, omega is trying to not have that same system because alot of players complained that each time they release something new their current promo are going to be weak.
to some infernal interdictor might still be the most powerful promo because of its special and to others frost destroyer might be the best for their build.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/16/2012 9:56:20 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New promos not in game sale :/
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition