Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Hey whats your thoughts about class change

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Hey whats your thoughts about class change
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/20/2012 11:05:06   
Xendran

...Mother1, people can do that already
Remorse, that makes no sense from a marketing OR a player standpoint. Nobody would feel obligated to buy every class... i have no idea where the logic for that comes from, because it's incorrect.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 26
12/20/2012 11:10:47   
Remorse

^ What I mean is when someone wants to change class they may feel obliged to do it the expensive way simply to save them high cumulative costs in the future.

This obligation means its not much of an restriction IMO.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/20/2012 11:11:21 >
Epic  Post #: 27
12/20/2012 11:25:38   
Xendran

I have no idea where your basis for this comes from, the fact that its 500% of the cost makes it much more reasonable to simply do a single change if you only want to do it for short term.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 28
12/22/2012 19:54:45   
goldslayer1

i agree with xendran here.

remorse, ur talking about extreme cases like me who class changed 100+ times.

what about those that only change like once a season? AE would make so much more from the casual players than what they lose from the extreme players.

at the same time, ED pleases both.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/22/2012 20:27:51   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above mention the free class change idea to artix, im sure he will shoot it down in a flash, he is a great business person, and anyone would know that making a class change free after 100 changes or after purchase would decrease varium sales. also if you are a extreme class changer it is also your own fault as i mentioned before, if you are bored of the classes not matter how many times you change it is not gonna make the class gain new skills, plus no one is forcing you to change classes 10 times every week.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/22/2012 20:34:40   
goldslayer1

@trizz

the suggested price from xendran was 4500 varium.

to get all 6 classes, thats 27k varium.
OR $135 worth of varium to be more specific.

u mean to tell me its a bad "business" decision for him to rack up to $135 for a feature that would be EASILY favored by many players. and purchased mostly by casual players?

a worse business decision would be if im a new player and i was tired of purchasing only a "change" and decided to quit.
AE loses more all together. not only would they lose profits, they lose players. which is much worse.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/22/2012 20:34:55   
Mother1

@ trizz

Indeed especially since doing this would take away one of the few perks Varium will give especially in omega. I honestly doubt the staff would do that knowing it will give varium one less use.

@ goldslayer1

Remember when warlord was up and the warkill LB was up? People spend a lot of money to win warlord as well as be on the alltime warkill LB? Who is to say said players are the extreme cases that you are? They would just purchase all the classes and believe it or not change so much that the server might crash on itself. If this happens they would be losing money since they would have to spend it to make repairs. In all honestly that wouldn't be a while decision, and by crashing the system it cases players not to be able to play the game while they are fixing the servers.

All in all it would cause more problems the solve them.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/22/2012 20:39:01 >
Epic  Post #: 32
12/22/2012 20:36:07   
goldslayer1

@mother1
it wouldn't be less. class change would still be the primary source for changing.

but purchasing it would be optional. so they are gaining massive amounts either way.

plus, with the omega updates they want to bring in MORE players, so they would be making profits (probably more than they make now)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/22/2012 20:37:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/22/2012 20:38:13   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@goldslayer1 im sure they wouldn't mind if they lost a minority of players who is not happy with this current system, i don't see much people complaining about it. and again you do not see the long term but the short term effect of this, whats the point of explaining things to you if you don't understand -_-
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/22/2012 20:42:49   
goldslayer1

quote:

@goldslayer1 im sure they wouldn't mind if they lost a minority of players who is not happy with this current system, i don't see much people complaining about it.

minority? where do u get these made up facts from?
its obvious ED isn't very alt friendly, so class changing is the better option if ur a lvl cap player. and many players are tired of this. u think im the only one? many players are tired of constant paying. they will eventually give up and ED loses a customer.

quote:

and again you do not see the long term but the short term effect of this, whats the point of explaining things to you if you don't understand

i do see the long term success.
u know what i see? only hard core players who bought all 6 classes would be here long term.
not the ones who come in and play a couple months, then quit. or the ones who come in and play 20-30 matches a day and then log off.

u told me u class changed 100+ times too.
according to u, ur a beta player. i look at ur char and u have 5k wins for solo. and 2k for team.

if u really did class change that many times, then ED did its job with the feature of getting big income from CASUAL players.

however competitive players who have been active, and plan on staying here for years to come will continue to be supporting customers.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/22/2012 20:55:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/22/2012 20:56:55   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

minority? where do u get these made up facts from?
its obvious ED isn't very alt friendly, so class changing is the better option if ur a lvl cap player. and many players are tired of this. u think im the only one? many players are tired of constant paying. they will eventually give up and ED loses a customer.

you are not forced to pay for class changes because it doesn't give you much advantage in battle, and its not my fault if you still havn't chose a suitable class for yourself after like 100+ class changes, i only see you complaining about this.

quote:

i do see the long term success.
u know what i see? only hard core players who bought all 6 classes would be here long term.
not the ones who come in and play a couple months, then quit. or the ones who come in and play 20-30 matches a day and then log off.

nope, it will only be a long term success for you, if its one time payment, you can change up to 20 times back and forth in a hour or 2 thats like 18000 varium that you should have spent, it will only encourage "some" extreme class jumpers.

those that quit after a few months are non-varium players, it is close to impossible for a varium player to quit after he has spent $100+ on his account.
and to those that play 20-30 matches a day is normal, we all got jobs to do and don't have time to waste our entire day sitting infront of a computer and keep mashing the same buttons over and over again, also i play 100-200 matches a day but i change class once every 1 or 2 weeks, they still can gain from this long term unlike your idea which will only benefit short term for them but creates negativity for them long term.

quote:

u told me u class changed 100+ times too.
according to u, ur a beta player. i look at ur char and u have 5k wins for solo. and 2k for team.

if u really did class change that many times, then ED did its job with the feature of getting big income from CASUAL players.

however competitive players who have been active, and plan on staying here for years to come will continue to be supporting customers.
im actually a alpha player but i lost my account username and password so i made a new account, and you do not know me very well, i am a devoted ED player as said in the DN so i will be supporting this game till it ends, while i dunno about you, you may say that you will be supporting this game for years to come but how can i be sure that you are not just saying it.
a competitive player can quit a game easily if they don't get the advantage anymore or they just get bored, casual players often help ED more than competitive ones.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/22/2012 21:04:06 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
12/22/2012 21:06:05   
goldslayer1

quote:

you are not forced to pay for class changes because it doesn't give you much advantage in battle, and its not my fault if you still havn't chose a suitable class for yourself after like 100+ class changes, i only see you complaining about this.

yet ur still against a player spending $135 for classes?

quote:

nope, it will only be a long term success for you, if its one time payment, you can change up to 20 times back and forth in a hour or 2 thats like 18000 varium that you should have spent, it will only encourage "some" extreme class jumpers.

u obviously dont get it.
spend big bucks now for classes = be happier and stick with the game longer, thus increase the game's chances of me continuing to support.

dont do it this way = reach a boiling point where the player gets enraged with the cost of the game, rage quits. and the game loses a player AND customer all together.

quote:

those that quit after a few months are non-varium players, it is close to impossible for a varium player to quit after he has spent $100+ on his account.

i seen plenty. if u say otherwise, where are all the beta/gamma players from back then who have quit? im sure MANY spent $100+

quote:

and to those that play 20-30 matches a day is normal,

20 battles a day is casual. ED racks up more money from CASUAL players (which like u said, they have jobs so they dont have that much time) than hard core players. this is because the hard core player base is MUCH smaller in comparison to the casual player base.

quote:

also i play 100-200 matches a day but i change class once every 1 or 2 weeks, they still can gain from this long term unlike your idea which will only benefit short term for them but creates negativity for them long term.

except ur most likely to use class change instead of class buying because ur a casual player. casual players (unless u class change alot) will use the cheaper function. while hard core players will use the expensive one.

either way, its better long term. not the other way around like u claim.

quote:

a competitive player can quit a game easily if they don't get the advantage anymore or they just get bored, casual players often help ED more than competitive ones.

u just sort of contradicted urself...

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/22/2012 21:08:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/22/2012 21:16:11   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@goldslayer1 i can see that you don't have any experience with game development. anyways nuff said, if you can't understand.

quote:

u just sort of contradicted urself...

oh, that was meant to be for you(didn't want to direct it at you at first bcus i thought it would be mean), you call yourself a hardcore player(seen it somewhere), change classes soo many times in a week, thats the reason you are bored because when you get too much of something(hardcore playing, hardcore class changing) thats the reason why some quit, so its the casual players that are actually enjoying this game.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/22/2012 21:22:51   
goldslayer1

quote:

@goldslayer1 i can see that you don't have any experience with game development. anyways nuff said, if you can't understand.

seems like someone cant view both sides of the argument. maybe thats why u dont understand.

u obviously have no idea how much thousands of dollars is worth in other games.
instead of spending a thousand bucks here, could have easily bough a million NX for any Nexon game like vindictus, combat arms, maple story, etc.
which is ALOT over there. (100k is already huge)

or i could have bought 16+ xbox retail games.
or none at all.

quote:

oh, that was meant to be for you(didn't want to direct it at you at first bcus i thought it would be mean), you call yourself a hardcore player(seen it somewhere), change classes soo many times in a week, thats the reason you are bored because when you get too much of something(hardcore playing, hardcore class changing) thats the reason why some quit, so its the casual players that are actually enjoying this game.
so instead, u want to make it less enjoyable for the individuals who pay bigger bucks?

again, contradicted logic.

its pointless to try and explain this to a wall. so im done.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/22/2012 21:33:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/22/2012 21:35:12   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

so instead, u want to make it less enjoyable for the individuals who pay bigger bucks?

again, contradicted logic.

nope, you are making it un-enjoyable for yourself because you sit in front of your PC for lots of hours spamming the same button over and over again,and changing the classes for what you think it is a way to get rid of boredom but it is rather making you gain boredom.

quote:

seems like someone cant view both sides of the argument. maybe thats why u dont understand.

u obviously have no idea how much thousands of dollars is worth in other games.
instead of spending a thousand bucks here, could have easily bough a million NX for any Nexon game like vindictus, combat arms, maple story, etc.
which is ALOT over there. (100k is already huge)

or i could have bought 16+ xbox retail games.
or none at all.

i hardly get any X-Box or Playstation games anymore because those bore me easily after i have finished them, but ED is a ever expanding and evolving game with new features, storylines, wars, missions, seasonal background change, specials and items that are introduced often, so it is worth paying for this game but you cannot enjoy it if you go hardcore on it, except for wars and tournaments.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Hey whats your thoughts about class change
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition