Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 14 of 30«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2013 19:26:26   
Assassin01

Two days without OS really hope they fix ze servers soon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 326
1/22/2013 19:29:42   
hijinks

Poor Warlic, he is probably working extremely hard these past two days.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 327
1/22/2013 19:35:11   
Lemonus

Servers are down and I can't pick between playing DF or AQW.
DF AQW  Post #: 328
1/22/2013 19:35:27   
Riniti

@Lemonus DF hands down.
Post #: 329
1/22/2013 19:38:08   
Lemonus

Thanks.
DF AQW  Post #: 330
1/22/2013 19:46:06   
Dannish
Banned

While we wait, read dis.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 331
1/22/2013 19:47:53   
Victoria3114

Well, severs still down? YESH, no distractions from homework!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 332
1/22/2013 19:49:16   
UnderSoul

Revamped my old Cultist suggestion and added combos to The Ancient One.(Scroll down past most of them)

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 1/22/2013 19:58:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 333
1/22/2013 19:52:45   
Mondez

Thank goodness, with the servers down I was able to finish the sprite mapping of a RPG Village and finally I got finished with the heroes home interior, but once OS comes on then once again will I be distracted and not get the armor and weapon shop interiors finished.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 334
1/22/2013 19:59:18   
Victoria3114

Actually, I'm done. Yippee!
I was thinking of doing another critical analysis like this one:
quote:

I've been thinking about the Revontheus Egg... (WARNING: Wall of text)

The deck is based around a stall-burn. While it has some normal attacks, the most prominent part of it's deck is the shields. He wields 5 shield cards, which, out of 17 cards total of his deck, gives him a 30% chance to draw at least one shield, a 7% chance to draw two, and a 1% chance to draw three. While those numbers may seem small, his chances of drawing a shield is in fact several times greater than that of many other characters. In addition to void reflection, he can turtle in quite easily, the only weakness being Unblockables.

On the offensive side, the egg has two poison cards, one mark of death, and several normal attack cards, as well as an empower. While the normal attacks may seem small, after building up its initial defenses, the egg has a lot of charges to spare. The two poisons provide ample offense, dealing twice the amount of charges needed for them. Mark of Death provides earlier, but slightly less, damage.

Once an egg has established it's initial defenses, it acts as a natural deterrent towards attacks. Void Reflection, of course, completely denies any sort of attack. While one is being worn down by the double poisons, they would not want to add to the damage done already with the return damage from reflect. If DoT effect cards are used against the egg, they are blocked by the shields that the egg can easily replenish. All in all, the egg can stall and burn your health down relatively easily. Any attempt at offense would have no effect.

Of course, the nature of Unblockable attacks allow it to bypass all of the eggs defenses and strike directly at its HP. That ability makes it one of the egg's worst nightmares. The problem, however, is finding enough damage in the form of unblockables that will deplete all 53 of its hp (assuming level 20 v level 20). The highest unblockable that can be achieved so far in one hit is a blessed enhanced holy strike, dealing 10 unblockable damage. Coming close is a blessed 5-attack, with 8 unblockable damage. However, these come at a steep price; the blessed enhancement costs 5 charges, and you must also factor in the price of the enhanced attack as well. In addition, blessed strike is currently limited to one per deck. The next highest is the Stone Strike, an earth-based 5 unblockable costing 6 charges.

And after that, one must be able to survive the burn damage coming in the form of the poisons, marks, and numerous single attacks. This either means high sustain or shield stacking. The first things that come to mind are ice/earth characters, and those with access to Greater Heal. The normal heal card is a slight joke; a single tick of poison can reverse it.

Ice characters would, of course, max out their shields immediately if they drew the right cards, and proceed to burn the opponent's health in the form of shatter. But shatter is delayed by four turns, making it rather bursty compared to the egg's sustained damage. Indeed, after the burst, the egg can replenish it's shields. In addition, void reflection deters all basic attacks, whereas the egg has no such restriction towards you. Perhaps a well timed freeze can turn the tide, however.

Earth characters, I do not have much experience with. I would say they would shield themselves with their stone walls and normal shields, proceeding to stone strike and petrify as needed. I have never seen an earth vs revon egg, so yeah.

Greater Heal Characters, Father Time and Founder Champ. They are mostly similar now, since retribution has been added to time. While their deck is very balanced in terms of offense and defense, their chance of drawing a greater heal to offset some of the burn damage is 10%, 6% for time, though time has another shield instead. Their main form of offense is the blessed holy strike. However, that combo costs 10 charges, which is the amount of charges one can regenerate after a turn, then drawing. Mid match, after the charge-to-19 fest, they need to decide whether they want to heal 10 to stop the burn damage or deal 10 damage. In addition, the chances of drawing the blessed strike is a mere 5% for both champions, making offense quite rare.

I dunno, this is my personal view of Revontheus Egg. Quite a powerful stall-burn tank. Disagree if you wish :3

Which character should I do it for?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 335
1/22/2013 20:00:58   
sith lord 456

quote:

I don't know, but I've heard many say so.

all i can say is we need better, more informative design notes. i mean aqw design notes usually contain every little detail. i know oversouls is a new game but come on, 1 week its 5sgs and now (if true) its 10sg for a legendary. i am pretty sure most people would have bought it from the shop if they knew that the legendary would cost 10sg....

i hope it is not true. where is the justification? some people spend 1sg to capture - including that in the 10 to legendary and that makes 11sg. so 1sg short = farming 20lvs? LOL

wow
Post #: 336
1/22/2013 20:01:46   
UnderSoul

@Victoria How about Darkon?

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 1/22/2013 20:02:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 337
1/22/2013 20:09:34   
Dannish
Banned

Anyone liek my idea?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 338
1/22/2013 20:15:05   
aleony

you know how you can change your appearance to a previous one? i hope the same can be for cards change your cards to the previous rank for example revontheus's veteran form to his apprentice form
Post #: 339
1/22/2013 20:19:35   
UnderSoul

@Dannish It's rather interesting.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 340
1/22/2013 20:24:11   
Dannish
Banned

Tahnk you for reading it. (Don't mind the spelling mistakes, I put them there.)
I used Google Translate. Boy, OS has been down for a while.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 341
1/22/2013 20:24:24   
EpicCoconut

@aleony: Like card custimization?
Post #: 342
1/22/2013 20:27:51   
Dannish
Banned

Yeah..., CC would go into it. Just pull up the wiki and,
spoiler:

SHAZAM!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 343
1/22/2013 20:34:23   
Lemonus

I'm getting a strong feeling that another Evil War is bound to happen...
DF AQW  Post #: 344
1/22/2013 20:39:00   
UnderSoul

That would be epic!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 345
1/22/2013 20:44:56   
Victoria3114

Darkon is a master shadow character that wields an offensive shadow deck. His deck numbers at 15 cards, which is a little on the small side. Prominently, his deck seems to rely more on basic attacks than Spell cards.

Let us break down his deck. We start off with his offensive normal attacks. He has 4 2+ damage cards and 3 5+ damage cards at his disposal. A 7/15, or 47% chance to draw a basic attack, 20% chance to draw two, and 8% chance to draw 3. In addition, two of his other cards are empower cards, which raise the damage of another attack by three at the cost of one other card in your hand. The fact that he has two empowers show that he is designed around basic attacks. If one were to look down the list of shadow masters, only Darkon, Shadowdance, and Shadow Pikeman Commander have two empowers in their decks. While the other two only have 5 or less basic attack cards, Darkon has seven, indicating his reliance on normals. All in all, he has a 9/15, 60% chance to draw an attack-related card.

Like all characters, he has the mandatory shields. 2 of them. Along with Void reflection, they are the only defensive cards in his deck. The Void reflection is a great deterrent, but during early levels, you don't have the time to set it up, and would rather rush the opponent. During later levels, it is effective against full offense attack-based characters such as the lightning element and other darkons, but not as effective against Dot casters, shieldstackers or Greathealers. 3/15 is a 20% chance to draw a defensive card.

The last three cards in his deck are two poisons and one mark of death. The signature spells of the shadow element, essentially there to augment his front-loaded damage.

Darkon's essential battle style is to charge to 14/19, whatever the situation sees fit, and to blast away at the opponent with his entire hand. The +2s are mainly there as empower fodder, to empower the more worthy +5 attacks or to freely create a +5 from a +2. Darkon can frequently chain together 3-hit combos due to his deck. If he has a chance, he will poison/mark you as needed, though he will not use them as much in favor of his empowered basic attacks due to the costs. A careful Darkon player will shield anytime he gets one, and void reflection will always be a good deterrent as Darkon charges up for his next barrage of attacks.

Like most Shadow Characters, Darkon is primarily offensively based. Rather than augmenting his spells with basic attacks, he augments his basic attacks with spells. This allows him to dish out more consistent damage than a caster-type shadow character, but he also does not have the characteristic card of full-on offense: Sacrifice. This limits his damage somewhat compared to other shadow characters, but also promotes survivability. Therefore, he is limited to relying on his charges. Nor does he have life drain.

Still, like all shadows, he is a pretty squishy character. Due to the nature of his attacks, he is easily countered by other reflections or shields. He wields no unblockables; he can be out-turtled easily by ice characters, and sometimes stone. He can dish a nice amount of damage, but will fall very quickly if the fight drags on too long, since he has no form of sustain and unreliable defense.

Whatcha think?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 346
1/22/2013 20:45:11   
DarkLore

I'm planning on making an oversoul clan of my own. Sadly I have no experience making websites. Anyone interested can PM me. You could be co-founder of the Oversoul Revengers! Dedicated to plotting schemes to take down the archfiend who killed us all. This is just for fun though. If you have good website making skills PM me!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 347
1/22/2013 20:54:04   
BJEBLE

Yet another character suggestion, that's either my 5th or 6th.
@Victoria another good character breakdown, very accurate.
DF  Post #: 348
1/22/2013 21:08:59   
Darkstardust1234

Servers are still down? This is ridiculous -_-
AQW  Post #: 349
1/22/2013 21:09:47   
Riniti

@Victoria I didn't even notice your Rev Egg description until now o.O Good job.

EDIT: @Victoria (Or anybody else who cares) Do you want to check out the lineart for the puppet in The Puppeteer? I still have to draw, shade, etc. but I finally finished the lineart.

< Message edited by Riniti -- 1/22/2013 21:13:14 >
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 14 of 30«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition