Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 16 of 30«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2013 23:31:06   
UnderSoul

You know, I'd like some feedback for my Ancient One and Cultist suggestions, I can't get the links to work, but Cultist is at the top and Ancient One is near the bottom of the page before.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 376
1/22/2013 23:39:08   
Kaiofsouls20

I didn't really want to make my character Shadow. Too much of that. Ice? Enh. The closest "evil" element to me.

@Undersoul I do like his goal in killing Nulgath to be the most feared being again. I can honestly imagine him as being bigger than even the X-Mas Fiend... Forgot to say, love the Lovecraftian Horror ideas too.

Actually, Lord Beck, I would hate to see Nazara duplicates everywhere. Just... ugh. Also, I was planning to make "Nazara" a magitek cyborg. But he wears all of those clothes to hide up his cybernetics. The only traces of his cybernetics you would see of him would be how he has no jaw, but you can see some wires hanging loose from his mouth. Half of the skin on his face is gone, revealing a robotic skeleton. I was kinda inspired by the Lich King and the Terminator for him.

< Message edited by Kaiofsouls20 -- 1/22/2013 23:55:01 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 377
1/22/2013 23:49:26   
Beck

@Kaiofsouls20
Haha, well, you don't mind seeing hundreds of Nazara duplicates if you win then. I know having that many "Beck"s would annoy the crap out of me. :)

@Undersoul
Cultist --
Very well written description, first off. I was a bit surprised when you went with the spell book instead of something more traditionally water-associated, like a trident, but it works well too. Have you thought of a symbol for the Ancient One? All good cults need symbols. :)
Also, I'd get rid of the 1-Attacks completely to make them more Master-rank like.
One last thing: the name threw me off. It seems at once too generic and too...critical? I don't know, maybe add to it?

Ancient One --
I like the concept, but I'm not sure the Great Fiend Nulgath will be willing to animate such a powerful contender into the game XD Also, it would seem a bit silly to have hundreds of Ancient One's running/lagging around.
As for his physical description, I'm picturing something like AQW's Kathool head + flying spaghetti monster. Is that close?
AQW  Post #: 378
1/22/2013 23:51:51   
Lemonus

Currently working on a Shadow/Chaos char that is VERY malevolent.
DF AQW  Post #: 379
1/22/2013 23:52:41   
UnderSoul

Pretty close indeed. I like the idea of getting rid of ones, I'll edit that tomorrow. I can't really think of a name that works better right now, but if I do I'll change it.

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 1/22/2013 23:59:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 380
1/22/2013 23:56:35   
Beck

@Kaiofsouls
Simple and funny solution: 1) rename your character Knight/Follower/Servant of Nazara. 2) Bask in the fame.
Also, if you're going for badass, make your character Fire/Shadow Type: so basically, Headless Horseman's deck, with 1 or 2 Empowers thrown in.
AQW  Post #: 381
1/22/2013 23:57:44   
Kaiofsouls20

Maybe the fire attacks could be built in flamethrowers lol.
MQ AQW  Post #: 382
1/22/2013 23:58:22   
UnderSoul

And maybe a Mark of Death
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 383
1/23/2013 0:01:42   
Kaiofsouls20

I can think of a card for him to gain the Fire energy already. Maybe it can be called "Conflagrate" and it gives him +10 Fire energy at the cost of discarding... 3 cards I guess.
MQ AQW  Post #: 384
1/23/2013 0:03:06   
UnderSoul

Like the Fire version of Fresh Start, but you can keep a card.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 385
1/23/2013 0:04:11   
Kaiofsouls20

Man, I like this Fire idea better actually. Gonna go revise my character now...
MQ AQW  Post #: 386
1/23/2013 0:05:34   
aleony

i think he meant the fire version of neutralize.
Post #: 387
1/23/2013 0:06:54   
UnderSoul

I've never used Neutralize, so I wouldn't know. I do know it's similar to Fresh Start.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 388
1/23/2013 0:10:15   
aleony

i like the idea of it but i dont like the card. if u get 5 lets say shadow per turn and u use neutralize u go back to getting 1 shadow per turn which really sucks
Post #: 389
1/23/2013 0:10:39   
Beck

@Kaiofsouls
Nazara the cyborg sounds like a much more unique idea. I think Rev or Nulgath can make him look cool without being super laggy like Darkon, and you could totally install some hidden flamethrowers, complete with cool Mechquest-style reveal-the-gun kind of animations.

Or, to either Kai or Undersoul, make your character a Water/Shadow character! Sacrifice would work wonders in a Water deck, what with all those healing cards.
Actually Sacrifice + Empower in general would buff any element since they don't actually cost Shadow energy to use.
AQW  Post #: 390
1/23/2013 0:13:46   
UnderSoul

I am planning to add Empowers and was wondering whether or not to give The Ancient One a Mark of Death. Enhances the Evil image, gives a nice little burst, and puts in some strategy of needing a secondary charge. Like when Skexis got Iron Hide.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 391
1/23/2013 0:17:31   
aleony

i want to make a character but im too lazy
Post #: 392
1/23/2013 0:19:28   
Beck

@Undersoul
I wouldn't give him Mark of Death, personally, because it costs 6 Shadow Energy and you would need to design a whole new card to facilitate its use. As a general rule, Devs don't like extra work.
Instead, I'd give the Ancient One some extra Shield cards, because nothing's more evil than a Barbarian that can heal.

@kah lok
Well I hope you have a lot of manga then. The server's been down for the last 10 hours.

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 1/23/2013 0:28:49 >
AQW  Post #: 393
1/23/2013 0:20:28   
kah lok

servers down......again? I got a bad feeling about this. I'll get some manga to read at the moment until the servers is back up. Just need to get Darkon then i'm all done.
Post #: 394
1/23/2013 0:31:09   
UnderSoul

@beck That's a great idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 395
1/23/2013 0:33:31   
Lemonus

Anyone wanna help out? I'm trying to think of a color for Shadow but Purple is already Chaos...
DF AQW  Post #: 396
1/23/2013 0:35:59   
UnderSoul

Blood Red is good, but overdone. As is black. If used with proper contrast blue can be good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 397
1/23/2013 0:36:38   
aleony

if i were to make an evil character i would make him something like a man in a tuxedo u know to bring the illusion that not all that looks nice is nice.
Post #: 398
1/23/2013 0:37:36   
Beck

@Lemonus
Silver/white. The color of General Sephiroth's hair. It speaks of insanity and death.
Cheers!
AQW  Post #: 399
1/23/2013 0:41:06   
UnderSoul

It's all about contrast. In DF and AQW the Death Knight class uses quite an amount of yellow, a colour usually used for light and holiness, but balanced it by surrounding it with black. Same with Dage's use of the peaceful colour blue in his skull and death sets.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 16 of 30«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition