Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 6 of 15«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2013 6:24:02   
Ranloth
Banned

I was talking about life? o.O No, I was talking about changes in businesses, it's a normal cycle.

Also, how would they tell players not to bother with enhancements if they are gonna take them away some day? They didn't themselves know how far the game will go nor what changes will be made in the future. Drastic changes can be made with sacrifices, but some people (players) will like it and stay with ED (support).

quote:

Take this for example, If an owner of a restaurant wants to renovate his building in order to attract many customers, and he decided to remove all the old chairs and tables and provide new ones, do you think the owner will charge his customers a percentage of his expenses?? i think not. Hope you get my point.

It depends. Unless you go for taking a loan or using your savings, you can make up for it by charging more for your goods/services so you can renovate and purchase new items. Of course businesses would go for savings/loans, but we're kinda different here.
But using your example. There are cases when people are kicked outta their houses because government needs the land to build something else. They get compensation which can be below their house's worth thus lose out on it. There was a case recently with it really. They had no choice, lost their house but got some of it back. Yet, we're talking about an online game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 126
1/25/2013 6:27:10   
Wootz

It is fine for me. Looks like I will be getting Heartbreaker claws after all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 127
1/25/2013 6:34:20   
kaiseryeux21

quote:

There are cases when people are kicked outta their houses because government needs the land to build something else. They get compensation which can be below their house's worth thus lose out on it. There was a case recently with it really. They had no choice, lost their house but got some of it back. Yet, we're talking about an online game.

it also depends if the government owns your land. What if you are living on mountain hills and u have a land title and all the necessary papers to proof that you bought the lot, fully paid and all its obligations etc. Can the government kicked you out?? I dont think so. If they really do, im sure the government will find you a place much better than the one you own today. It can be far away from your work or to your relatives, but im sure they will give you as much as they have taken away. But in our case, have we gotten much of what has been taken to us?? do you think 30% on varium and 10% on credits is enough already?? For me it is, but for others i think not. You Put up a mansion, then suddenly the owner takes the land and transfer you to a regular house with 1 bedroom and no 2nd floor, you think its fair?? Yet we're talking about online games.

Edit: I just wanted to mention for learning purposes, what you are talking about is call public domain or Intellectual property laws. It's been around since the Roman Civilization. Different countries handle it differently, but I do know in the US the government can take your home and property away for things like new roads. They can deplete the value of your property to nothing if they wanted to make buying and building on cheaper land. Its a big issue in New York right now as they are just simply kicking out low income families with no compensation ( just an eviction notice ) to make way for newer wealthy urban development. They get away with this by making up a number of excuses, like water contamination, poor structural properties, electrical hazards etc. It's really quite sad. I just wanted to mention this because its a real world issue that dose exist. -Charfade

< Message edited by Charfade -- 1/25/2013 8:07:43 >
DF Epic  Post #: 128
1/25/2013 6:37:21   
Ranloth
Banned

I'd say it also depends what government, it works differently in certain countries and can be actually doing something that will make you lose your stuff. But let's put that discussion away since it's not that relevant to the actual topic.
And yes, government can "downgrade" you if it's for the better. But once again, it depends on the government.
AQ Epic  Post #: 129
1/25/2013 6:40:38   
kaiseryeux21

^agree with you there, lets get rid of this stuff coz it too far away from the real issue.

Tnx for the arguments anyway, atleast we both brougt up our point.

Again, im not complaining about the compensation/refund. Its good we got something in return. But i will stick to my appeal, don't do that again pls, coz not many people can take dissapointments the second time around.
DF Epic  Post #: 130
1/25/2013 6:42:29   
Vegafire

Either way im getting a nice ammount back, + the cheevo due to have sold weapons, fully enhanced 3 armours, 3-4 primary, 2-3 sidearms, 2-3 auxes using only varium :D hopefully thats enough to get me a higher cheevo
AQW Epic  Post #: 131
1/25/2013 6:44:07   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah, I do see your point and I cannot change it (it's your opinion) but I can always disagree with it. Whether you or I change the opinion on the compensation doesn't matter, perhaps we will get trade-off of both. Especially when DNs mention that 30% Varium and 10% Credits isn't the 100% confirmed number, so perhaps they will be able to refund a bit more Varium or push Credit refund higher. Either one would benefit Varium players but Credit would benefit more F2P instead.

@above
With current values for the refund, I should be getting around 6K Varium back and only ~15K Credits. Beta Set is there sitting with full enhancements so that's a one, and I have useless item or two that I didn't bother selling. :3

< Message edited by Trans -- 1/25/2013 6:47:48 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 132
1/25/2013 6:59:29   
Vegafire

I dont get any credits back but from continuesly farming i have a nice "Unmentioned" ammount of credits already assimulated for omega aswell as my varium and refunded varium :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 133
1/25/2013 7:49:05   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Currently I've invested 14195 varium in enhancements but previously I enhanced just over 20k. What would I get e.e ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 134
1/25/2013 7:52:31   
TRizZzCENTRINO

i really don't see why anyone has a problem with it, everyone wanted refunds and they got it.

enhancements needed to be removed a long time ago, they did the right thing here, giving a full refund would just destroy their economy, and players need to co-operate if they want a change for the better, i definitely don't like the system we have now, many of us can't keep up to date when they release a better and more powerful item every 1-3 months constantly needing to enhance our items too.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
1/25/2013 8:06:52   
Vegafire

about 4000 varium and possibly a really high cheevo justice
AQW Epic  Post #: 136
1/25/2013 8:32:00   
Frost Moglin

Oh well, did 2 enchantements, so I will be getting the Epic Enchanter probably.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 137
1/25/2013 9:53:10   
8x

I'm kinda disappointed with the enhancement compensation...

At least my alts will get achievements for only 50 Varium.

< Message edited by 8x -- 1/25/2013 10:23:20 >
Epic  Post #: 138
1/25/2013 10:11:24   
JariTheMighty

quote:

Currently I've invested 14195 varium in enhancements but previously I enhanced just over 20k. What would I get e.e ?

I assume you are talking about Varium only.

You will be compensated 30% of the Varium you've invested in your items currently in your inventory. Any sold items will not be counted.

If I understood your post correctly, your compensation will be 30% of 14195 Varium.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 139
1/25/2013 10:14:54   
f4tal1tY

:O

A partial refund as promised AND an achievement? You are too kind ED Devs! I was only hoping for a partial refund :O Sadly i didn't spend much on enhancements, so I'm probably in the worst tier... :/

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 140
1/25/2013 10:18:05   
Silver Sky Magician

@younes1122

You get 30% compensation as well. That's about 5K varium, which will last you a while under the new system if you can manage your resources wisely. In most real life business transactions, you don't get any compensation at all. You're not entitled to anything, so be grateful. The devs even threw in achievements as an added bonus.
Post #: 141
1/25/2013 10:35:51   
Tri Phoenix

i will be receiving the first achievement since i made 4 enhances :D

< Message edited by Tri Phoenix -- 1/25/2013 10:36:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 142
1/25/2013 10:56:42   
odsey

Everything must come to a end. What if the dev doesn't give any refund at all? Even though its only 30%, Its better than nothing. And enchantments are replaced by a new, better, balanced system. It will make item more balanced.

Edited to remove reference to deleted post. ~Eukara Vox-

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 1/25/2013 19:54:20 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 143
1/25/2013 11:07:34   
kosmo

our lvl 35 max enhanced weps r gonna have maxed stats in the new sistem? plz answere
Epic  Post #: 144
1/25/2013 11:09:10   
Q...Q

i have 15 fully enhanced weapons/armors etc
So i think ill have a high cheevo cuz i sold many enhanced weapons lol
DF Epic  Post #: 145
1/25/2013 11:12:18   
kosmo

our enhancements r gonna be replaced in the new sistem or we gonna need 2 pay again 2 max our stas on lvl 35 weps? plz someone answer me
Epic  Post #: 146
1/25/2013 11:15:09   
Silver Sky Magician

@kosmo

Apparently enhancements won't exist in the new system. All players will just have their base stats and their items' base state bonuses. The total number of stats will drastically decrease, but stats will be maxed out from the start.
Post #: 147
1/25/2013 11:16:17   
Death Jr

They should refund us for all of the enhancements we ever bought at 30 percent to make it fair. If they can track how much enhancements we have bought for the cheevo they should be able to do this.
Post #: 148
1/25/2013 11:21:00   
kosmo

Silver. i no that but u should no that in the new sistem u will need 2 upgrade weps to ur lvl, what i wont 2 no is if we gonna need 2 pay again 2 bring weps 2 our current lvl or if we will have them automaticly upgraded at the lvl we bought them.
Epic  Post #: 149
1/25/2013 11:21:12   
Silver Sky Magician

@Death Jr.

The compensation for your current enhancements is because it is assumed that you have not used them to their full potential. But you have already voluntarily terminated all chances of using all prior items to their fullest potential by selling them. You have yourself limited the potential of your enhanced items to the point where you sold them, uncoerced by any external foreign facet within the former system. Why should the devs compensate you for items that you yourself have abandoned, no longer use, and don't even exist in your inventory anymore? Your enhancements and expenses have ceased to be relevant from the point that you sold your enhanced items. You bear the sole responsibility for that.

@kosmo

At the level you bought them, I presume. I doubt that the devs will code in an automatic upgrade to items for players of varying levels, and therefore varying upgrade levels. Apparently the cost will be minimal, though, so you need not worry.

Post edited to remove unnecessary content
M4B

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 1/25/2013 19:54:27 >
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 6 of 15«<45678>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition